This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i read this news last night, just before i shut down my computer. i don't think it's bad news for shippers!

remember, amanda/sam is supposed to go to atlantis for some eps, so... the sam-in-atlantis eps might be the same jack-in-atlantis eps too!
    :thinks of pain TPTB will endure if they put jack on atlantis while sam's on sg-1 and vv: nah, no worries, that'd be stupid of them.

...wait...uh oh.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

welcome BEX and AGGIE to the shipper community!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Don't come to play for 36hrs and HOW MANY newbies? Just goes to show, are still very much alive and kicking in this part of the universe

The family just keeps on growing *happy sigh*
        sigpic

Comment

you know what my feelings are on rda/jack being on more atlantis then sg1?

this is hard for me to say, but stargate sg1 is literally ruined for me with mitchell and vala being there full time. heck, just being there.

so, for me, all i care about now is a- sam not being further crapped on by the mitchell and vala characters (and writers), and b- sam and jack shippin' together.

let mitchell get the team torn apart, let vala sell them into slavery... just let me see my sam and jack on either show and i'll be fine. i'll follow them ANYWHERE.

sally

ps - sorry for the negative mitchell/vala vibes... it's a touchy subject for me. the shipper thread is the only happy place now!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

((((Sal))))

Completely agree
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
              I hope you're right!!
              Spoiler:
              Imagine if they did have them both on Atlantis at the same time...and that's where we get our resolution. On Atlantis. I think that might make me stop watching both shows for a while...

i don't care if it's on atlantis.

Spoiler:
              i can barely stand sg1 anymore, so let sam go over to atlantis permanently. and let them bring sam and jack together (FINALLY) on atlantis too.

i don't watch atlantis, but i'd switch over to it in a heartbeat if sam went over there. and if they brought the s/j ship there too...

i'm starting to get real excited here!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                Last I recall, Jack had a pretty strong Ancient gene. That would have been reason enough to have hims sent to Atlantis when they sent the Daedelus out (except for the issue of RDA not wanting to act).

Has it been established whether or not he still retains some or any of the Ancient database? Because if he does, then that might be a reason for him to go as well.

I will not write an SG1/SGA crossover.
                I will not write an SG1/SGA crossover.
                I will not write an SG1/SGA crossover...

Oh HELL...

Sel.
                You wouldn't happen to be this Seldear would you?

If so I will quite unashamedly grovel at your feet

Hey everybody - this is only the writer who first got me hooked on fanfic! *happily reminices on many a late night reading marathon until I'd read everything on the site From there it was just a little step into fandom and Gateworld *sigh*

Last edited by Oma-1; 28 April 2006, 01:44 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                  So I was talking to someone about AT's cryptic convention comment about S/J ship/resolution. "There's a three letter, two letter and five letter answer" comment. She gave out the three letter answer, which was nice. But here's how I break it down, personally.

Spoiler:
                  Yes - in epsisode 200, they'll jump the shark and do a Sam/Jack scene or two and since none of it will actually be real (all of it will be within the confines of burlesque little movie-scenario vignettes) it won't matter in the 'real' scheme of things anyway.

No - since none of it was 'real' in episode 200, there wasn't anything actual about the Sam/Jack thing that got resolved. So nothing 'real' to the resolution, either. On screen.

Maybe - that's not to say that by the end of the season, they won't write something real in - because they're leaning that way anyway right now given it's the last season of SG-1, and there likely will be something when all is said and done. So though it's speculative (at this point) as to what that will be, it's possible and perhaps even likely it'll happen.

My take.

i'll take it!

it's better than what we had in season whine - i mean 9.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

i don't care if it's on atlantis.

Spoiler:
                    i can barely stand sg1 anymore, so let sam go over to atlantis permanently. and let them bring sam and jack together (FINALLY) on atlantis too.

i don't watch atlantis, but i'd switch over to it in a heartbeat if sam went over there. and if they brought the s/j ship there too...

i'm starting to get real excited here!

sally
                    ok, think of this in terms of what happened on sg1 though, if you are an atlantis fan, and maybe a fan of sg1 maybe not, and two characters were brought in from another show, how would you feel?

i don't really pay that much attention to atlantis, i'm just not that attatched to it, and although i do watch it, and would watch it more attentively should sam or jack or both be on it, i don't want them to overshadow the established characters of that show.

i'm sure atlantis fans might feel similarly about that as some of the sg1 fans felt about that shows character additions.

now don't get me wrong here, if we get positive s/j ship, i'll take it from anywhere i can, but i just don't think it good for the show if 2 characters from another show arrive and take over another one, even if it is only for a few episodes.

they'd have to be pretty careful about how they do it. although i wouldn't mind reading a fic where jack or sam has to go for atlantis and the other goes with them rather than be separated for months more than usual, so they find some official reason for the other one to go too.

Comment

I know AT said on the shippy Monday night something about
                      Spoiler:
                      Jack and Sam now able to have some "fun." But---I don't want it to be just "fun." I want it to be serious "fun." It has to be about love, not fooling around. She had said earlier about a "one-off" and getting it out of their systems (not the exact words).
                      No way! This is a shipper worrying about nothing, maybe, but that's what TPTB have brought me to--worrying about the meaning of a word like "fun."

Comment

I just watched that SImpsons episode and I just have one thing to say: OK, how many female Stargate fans do we have here who attend conventions? Myself included I know at least 10(). I think Matt Groening got confused with a *Pamela* Anderson convention!
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
                          Just found these....

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...zechInt207.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...zechInt208.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...zechInt209.jpg

I don't know where they are from originally (as what behind the scenes show) but i found them at rda-forever.

I love how they laugh together. Its so cute! These pics are now gonna be my background!
                          i love how he can make her laugh!

i'd *love* to know what he's saying.....

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I think the Simpsons episode was purposefully playing to every stereotype...but I bet they know that SG1 conventions are attended by a predominately female audience.

On the other hand...Star Trek conventions...there were more female guests that female attendees at the Star Trek cons I attended.
                            sigpic

Comment

i love how he can make her laugh!

i'd *love* to know what he's saying.....

sally
                              RDA: "Oh, look, we're alone. On a ship. You do know what we have to do now, right?" *waggles eyebrows*

AT: *Covers face with hands and begins to laugh hysterically*

RDA: "Oh, come on! You kissed David while you were supposed to be "on duty" and he's not nearly half as hot as I am!"

AT: *Turns to camera* "See what I have to put up with? *Grins* Well, I suppose you do have a point..."

..... please note, I don't know what they actually said but I thought I'd play the captions game... any other ideas?
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

clickety here
                                - http://www.spacecast.com/hypaspace.aspx

look for the SG1 200 interview

Nothing Shippy...but both AT and RDA are in it
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X