Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I have never been to a convention(for Stargate or otherwise). Is it as much fun as it sounds!!!???

Happy Posting
    It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Originally posted by cute_az_can_be
      I read a fic that had a baby Daniel/Danny....and someone tried to make a little girls name out of Teal'c (if someone knows what that name was let me know).....Janet...uh Jacob Jr. was used a lot and Grace in light of the episode. yeah I've heard Jonathon too......I'll have to go back and check some names I don't get at all lol.

-JJ

Maybe you're thinking of "Teal'colette." I read that one recently, but it wasn't a name that they named their baby. Jack was teasing Sam about baby names.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        Maybe you're thinking of "Teal'colette." I read that one recently, but it wasn't a name that they named their baby. Jack was teasing Sam about baby names.
        yeah I think you're right

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by FaithStars
          You know, I have never been to a convention(for Stargate or otherwise). Is it as much fun as it sounds!!!???

Happy Posting
          Well I've only been to one so that's the only opinion I can have but omg YES AND MORE!!!! So much fun and the best part was meeting fellow fans wow! I was there 4 days and they flew by so fast with everything going on and I still can't believe I went

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Happy Posting
            FaithStars, I've been to one and it was fun... I was a little bit scared... won't lie... but at the end it was about meeting the shipper famiily...

What part of the US do you live? there is a con coming up in Baltimore... it's with Amanda, Carmen and Corin... also if you like BSG, Jamie Bamber will also be there... there is a big group of GW going, you can check the thread (the website is on the first page)... there are aslo cons in Chicago, San Diego... I think... you can check the creation's website, also con's can be as cheap or as expensive as you want them to be... I hope you can make it to one
            Last edited by LOL4JACK; 22 April 2006, 05:58 PM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Happy Posting

I've recently read on GW a "how to" thread about conventions. Informative, interesting and funny. And also sort of jaw-dropping about some fans (none from here, of course). My convention days are probably long gone, though I won't say never, but as much as conventions have changed(prices have gone up astronomically) since I went to those few I did, some things have stayed the same.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16304

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                I've recently read on GW a "how to" thread about conventions. Informative, interesting and funny. And also sort of jaw-dropping about some fans (none from here, of course). My convention days are probably long gone, though I won't say never, but as much as conventions have changed(prices have gone up astronomically) since I went to those few I did, some things have stayed the same.
                Gatetrixer, I've seen 8 years old and 80 years old at the con... *cough*cough* how old are you

I agree that some can be expensive if you go for the Super VIP prize, plus the travel and hotel and the photo op and the autograph... but if it's for the fun... you can pay up to 25USD a day for admission, share a room for 1 or 2 nights and drive to the closest one

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

I would like to go to shore leave but, wouldn't be able to get the time off from work for it. I live in Illinois....when is the Chicago convention?...Who will be there?

Sounds like conventions can be great fun!

Happy Posting
                  It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

I would like to go to shore leave but, wouldn't be able to get the time off from work for it. I live in Illinois....when is the Chicago convention?...Who will be there?

Happy Posting
                    Oops sorry... I posted the Creation's website wrong.. I just updated: http://www.creationent.com/index.htm and for Chicago... http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgchi.htm, they don't post the General tickets until close to the date...

Comment

Happy Posting
                      I'm in the same position!! I want to go to Shore Leave too, but I have to work. I'm so close, I live in VA. I'm really bummed Maybe I'll catch another one that will better fit my schedule cause I hear all these awsome things about how fun convention are!!!

Comment

Welcome, Ronnijane, welcome Grub5000. Congrats on 1800, Trupi.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                          Lots a luck on your PhD viva. I hope it goes smoothly!
                          Thanks trupi. I'll keep you all posted. I'm going straight from the university to my parents for the bank holiday weekend so I might not be able to get on here again til Tuesday 2nd May! If I can, though, I will....

To keep this on-topic. Always. Looking forward to season 10!!

ETA Congrats on 1800 posts, trupi. I've only got another 1000 to go until I get to where you are now! Welcome to the new family members.
                          always and forever
                          My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                          My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Thanks for the links guys! With work and previously scheduled trips.....I'd probably make it to a con in a year or two,LOL Seriously, I'll be perfectly satisfied just reading the reports from con goers as they appear in the future. Maybe one day.....

Happy Posting

Comment

Thanks for the links guys! With work and previously scheduled trips.....I'd probably make it to a con in a year or two,LOL Seriously, I'll be perfectly satisfied just reading the reports from con goers as they appear in the future. Maybe one day.....

Happy Posting
                              just remember never say never and yeah reading con reports is fun Makes one want to go even more!!

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
                                Awww, shippy sigh, maybe they'll buy it back!! That was such a beautiful house. Romantic too!!! Perfect for a happy couple *cough* Sam/Jack *cough*
                                And even a big yard for lots of little O'neill's to run free!!!! *hehe*
                                Maybe the house he sold wasn't this one. Maybe it was one he bought for investment purposes or the like, and he still owns this one.

(Okay, okay, I know I'm grasping at straws, but I thought it totally stunk that they had him sell his house. Jerks!)

- Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X