X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    Happy Paasover and Happy Easter

Going to Fort Lauderdale/Miami Florida, Sunday night to visit the in-laws. I know Gatebee and MirthMistress are both in Florida, anyone else?

I used to be. Lived in Jacksonville for thirteen years. Heading down on Monday for a visit. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      Completely agree with you here. The only episodes I can think of where S/J ship is the storyline are Threads and half of D&C. Take out the ship and you still have a fantastic sci-fi show where the team really care about each other. The ship is the icing on the cake (and very yummy too ). BW I think it was said that to keep viewers tuned in they have to care about the characters. In order for us to care about Sg-1, they have to care about each other. We get that in spades practically every episode. The team even cares about everyone else! Prime example, Fifth Man.

My point is ..... uh let me think for minute cos I've forgotten in my ramblings ...

Resolving the S/J ship would not in any way have detrimentally affected the success of the show or the storylines. This is sci-fi not sitcom or soap. Showing Sam and Jack in a strong relationship just adds to that level of caring that makes us care more.

However, as to when they could have resolved the ship, I think the earliest moment was at the end of S8, and to give tptb some credit, they did have a go at that. I was ecstatic when the scene started playing and I realised they were
      Spoiler:
      fishing! At Jack's Cabin! Alone! (till D & T turned up anyway )
      The regs have stood in the way for the rest of the time, and as I understood them from when they were posted the other day, there is no way around them - relationships in the same team are specifically prohibited. Besides, I've loved the angst

Now S&J are not in the same team. They are not in the same Command - although if you want to go excessively in depth into the chain thing, Jack as head of HWS is everybody's CIC.

OMGoodness! Just look at that! HWS! Doesn't even need the M does it
      Jack being in Washington could be a good thing afterall if that's what's happening

Got distracted there for a moment

Anyway, back to the point. I think there was a point. Ummm.....

S10 gives us the first real opportunity to get Sam & Jack together. Tptb couldn't realistically do it in S9 cos of RDA's absence despite our valiant efforts to come up with telephone calls and little asides. I really want to see it happen, not just hear about it after the fact!

So all in all, I really want Jack's appearances in S10 to give us something concrete, and then build on that in the movie. (If it ever happens and doesn't end up being the S11 finale and then tptb another 3 years to come up with another plot )

I could ramble about this for hours but I think I've gone on long enough. Hope I didn't put you all to sleep.
      I like that - Jack in charge of HWS - we don't need no stinking monkey
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I know what you mean

There's a clip in one of Caty's vids - dang it, I can't remember which one where she's included a clip of a hand brushing Sam's hair off her face while she's lying down in the back of a cargo ship after getting rescued from ... something ...

Course we all assumed it was Jack and that we'd missed a very important shipper moment! After intense speculation and questioning of Caty, turned out it was Jacob's hand

Still, in my shippy world it was Jack's

(((Hello shippers))) Heard the good news last week and it's great ..I can see everyone is happy about it ..Sorry that I can't be around too much ...RL ,very very busy right now

But ((( Oma ))), you 're right . This is what's good about music videos ..You can also manipulate and make believe

The video you are talking about is in my page somewhere and here is the link if anyone is interested in viewing my Sam and Jack shippy videos There is a vast choice of songs from Nightwish , Within Temptation and Evanescence to Il Divo, Josh Groban , Enya, Lifehouse ,Metallica , Aerosmith ,Queen and Scorpions . ..and someone mentionned "Can't fight this feeling" (Reo speedwagon) and I made a video with that track too

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/StargateSG1.html

See you soon ,Shippers ,and keep on being positive

Sam and Jack forever together

and Happy Easter to everyone

Caty
        Last edited by Catysg1; 14 April 2006, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Happy Easter and Passover everyone!!

Comment

Going to Fort Lauderdale/Miami Florida, Sunday night to visit the in-laws. I know Gatebee and MirthMistress are both in Florida, anyone else?
            (((((((( Trupi ))))))))) you are coming to my neck of the woods ... we should meet somehow ...... but I guess that would be a bit weird for your in-laws .... but if not .... we should really meet. I am not far away from Ft. Lauderdale ....

Comment

Awwwwwwww! (((((((((((((((Aunty Sally)))))))))))))))))

Ya just made me cry too

*hormones, its the hormones - I can still use that excuse for another few months *

I just discovered why there's so many shippers here tonight! (I'm still 10 pages behind ) It's a wonder we haven't crashed GW

Just gotta take the opportunity to say WELCOME BACK to galaxy and Kri! Miss you guys! And Kat's here too! and Lida and Mel and ...... awww shucks, the Family's back together! Now we just need Caty

(((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))
              Welcome back to galaxy, Kri , kat. Lida and Mel and Gatebee too

and here I am ((((Oma)))

was and still busy with the kids as it's the Easter holiday ..doing a lot of shooting for a music video called "kids having fun " on the fabulous soundtrack of Adagio for strings ..then a " Daddy cool "video DISCO REMIX and a "Tarzan and Jane "video starring my youngest daughter and her little boyfriend both 10 years old .. and the last one a "Stargate junior " music video trailer starring my kids and friends .

I actually have started a S/J video on one of Jean Michel Jarre 's music but do not know when it will be released ..need to find some time to finish it off

Caty
              Last edited by Catysg1; 14 April 2006, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Friday, April 14, 13:00 hours

Sam: Arriving tomorrow 09:00 hours? Lunch? Sweet! Meet me in my lab. **blushing** Me, too!!

Daniel: So, Sam, you've been smiling all day. Um, cracked the ZPM code?
                Sam: I'm sorry, Daniel, I was distracted. What did you say?
                Daniel: Ah, this is the second time I repeated this. You, OK?
                Sam: Oh, yeah, better than OK. Um, I've gotta work on the ZPM code. See ya later.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                  Waterfall,
                  The song you're looking for is called 'Enjoy the Silence' by Depeche Mode. You should be able to find the words with this.

Oh...and by the way, I'm a big DM fan.

LJ
                  THANK YOU!!!!
                  BTW, I found it!!!
                  Here are the lyrics to"Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode, my #1 shippy song for Sam/Jack...it really reminds me of the "Heroes" hug...

Words like violence
                  Break the silence
                  Come crashing in
                  Into my little world
                  Painful to me
                  Pierce right through me
                  Can't you understand
                  Oh my little girl

All i ever wanted
                  All i ever needed
                  Is here in my arms
                  Words are very unnecessary
                  They can only do harm

Vows are spoken
                  To be broken
                  Feelings are intense
                  Words are trivial
                  Pleasures remain
                  So does the pain
                  Words are meaningless
                  And forgettable

All i ever wanted
                  All i ever needed
                  Is here in my arms
                  Words are very unnecessary
                  They can only do harm

Enjoy the silence

ahhhhh.......

waterfall

Comment

Saturday, April 15, 08:55 hours

Jack: Fellas, glad to see ya! Gotta go, I'll catch you, um, later!

Daniel: Jack, what's the rush? You just got back!! How about some coffee? Cake?

Jack: Daniel, quit with the pouting. I'll visit you, um, later. Really. I have a meeting, um, I don't want to be late.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      Welcome back to galaxy, Kri , kat. Lida and Mel and Gatebee too

and here I am ((((Oma)))

was and still busy with the kids as it's the Easter holiday ..doing a lot of shooting for a music video called "kids having fun " on the fabulous soundtrack of Adagio for strings ..then a " Daddy cool "video DISCO REMIX and a "Tarzan and Jane "video starring my youngest daughter and her little boyfriend both 10 years old .. and the last one a "Stargate junior " music video trailer starring my kids and friends .

I actually have started a S/J video on one of Jean Michel Jarre 's music but do not know when it will be released ..need to find some time to finish it off

Caty

Caty! *hugs* You're here! You need to come here more often!

You have a new vid in the works? Great! I love your vids!

Spoiler:
                      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

2 nell, sweet
                        sigpic

Comment

MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
                          I live in Florida!!
                          But your gonna be about 300 miles from me, I live near Tampa...mabey next time...

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                            I like that - Jack in charge of HWS - we don't need no stinking monkey

ROFL!!!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Hi guys I just thought I'd pop in to wish the shipper family a happy Easter and Passover!

SIde note: I was just reading about that fabulous auction item of lunch with Rick and Amanda; what an amazing thing to win! The person who wins that must have to have nerves of steel. I think I'd hyperventilate and collapse in a jelly-like heap on the floor with those two in a room with me! I was bad enough when I met Amanda on her own, I could hardly speak (I vaguely remember sqeaking something like 'it's really great to meet you' before almost passing out!) Is it wrong to find someone who's ten years older than your parents so thunkable? (RDA of course, Amanda's not as old as my parents but she is an amazing person) Also I think I'd be having an argument in my head the whole time trying to get round the whole 'it's Sam and Jack/No it isn't they're JUST actors' thing. Ah yes, the random ramblings of a ship-obessed, stressed out sixth former. Ignore me, I'll go away in a minute.

So, yeah, happy holidays everyone and I hope you all have a fab long weekend if you live in the UK (I don't know how the holidays work elsewhere around the world but iwhether you're working or not have a great weekend!)
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
                                2 nell, sweet
                                Thanks, dex!!! I have more but photobucket is running maintenance now!! Grrrr!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X