This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAM&JACKquietschSHIP
    Both verry great!!! Isn´t Xandra some gothic/dark genre? Or do I mix it up with "Xandria"??
    anyway: Lifehouse is sweeet (" Somewhere in Between")
    Glad u liked the list Xandra is the name of the vidder that made the Until the day i die MV for S/J i was talking about not the song Hope that answers your question luv

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
      Welcome Lady E!!!!!!!

I'm so excited to see you are from Glasgow, I was raised there... well, I lived there when I was 4 until 11 and I have so many beatiful memories... I might go back one day...

In the meantime to keep it On Topic...

Sam and Jack Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Squeeeeeeeeeeee Thats cool hunny which part of Glasgow did you live in ?

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee

BHK
        Very nice gatebee!!!!
        S/J forever!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by k8tbug1
          I remeber seeing the auctiont and thinking how lucky that person would be!!!
          WoW does your idea sound GREAT!!!!! I never would've thought of that!!!! And I love that thinking outside the "gate" hehe!!!!
          I have an idea. We could pledge say $10 each and then have a drawing to see who gets to go. I myself would be unable to attend.
          We could pick a senior member of Samanda or the Jack and Sam thread to keep "the books".
          Maybe those that go could obtain signed pictures for the others.

Joanne

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 61
            I have an idea. We could pledge say $10 each and then have a drawing to see who gets to go. I myself would be unable to attend.
            We could pick a senior member of Samanda to keep "the books".

Joanne
            *sigh* If only...
            I would probably be able to go seeing as I am just a few hours away from Vancouver. But I soooo do not have the money to enter. What is it up to now?

I don't know how I would react actually meeting AT and RDA. Knowing me I'd freeze up and not say anything...

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Collateral Damage is on tonight. Anyone making a special effort to see it? I think I'll watch one I've recorded during the week and then watch Dr. Who later. Times sure have changed. Next season, though, I expect to be my usual snarly Friday night self. Those were the nights I told my husband that he could certainly have the remote. But he better not change the channel. Insert dangerously sweet smile and offer remote.

Comment

We could pick a senior member of Samanda or the Jack and Sam thread to keep "the books".

Joanne
                wow I could go for that idea too. Tickets could be sold at $10 increments. But who would do the drawing of the tickets? Lots of logistics to do and it ends on the 20th

Comment

Joanne
                  I so love that idea!!! But if gatebee just said it ends on the 20th, it seems we would need more time We need that Puddlejumper w/ the time machine in it, hehe!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
                    Collateral Damage is on tonight. Anyone making a special effort to see it? I think I'll watch one I've recorded during the week and then watch Dr. Who later. Times sure have changed. Next season, though, I expect to be my usual snarly Friday night self. Those were the nights I told my husband that he could certainly have the remote. But he better not change the channel. Insert dangerously sweet smile and offer remote.
                    i'll do without the s9 (ooh, mitchell-centric. how creative), but its GUP on SGA!! yay sam! ooh, and upgrades.
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

You're absolutely right, LOL4Jack. In My Life is PERFECT! I always loved the maturity of the lyrics. They acknowledge that there was a life before the present and that parts and people of that life were wonderful and those experienced and memories are to be cherished. Yet it also makes it perfectly clear that the past is in the past and the present is more wonderous than before.

Neither Sam nor Jack would be who they are today if it weren't for the experiences of their lives. Jack's life with Sara should never be marginalized. It would be a tremendous insult to Charlie's memory if the love his parents had for him and each other was dismissed as trivial. Likewise the impact Jonas had on Sam helped her to become the self-sufficinet and assured person that she is today. He helped shape her personality and determination. Great choice for a song.
                      Thanks, MirthMistress. This is a wonderful summary of LOL4JACK'S beautiful choice of song for our Sam and Jack!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow Gatebee your daughter is an amazing artist! I like her style!
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Joanne
                          Oh, yeah, my thinking outside of the gate (box) did not include airfare! Hmmmmm, but soooo tempting, huh? I would be speechless but I trust that Rick and Amanda would try to make this a comfortable event for the highest bidder. No paparazzi please! Well, good luck to any and all that bid!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

You're absolutely right, LOL4Jack. In My Life is PERFECT! I always loved the maturity of the lyrics. They acknowledge that there was a life before the present and that parts and people of that life were wonderful and those experienced and memories are to be cherished. Yet it also makes it perfectly clear that the past is in the past and the present is more wonderous than before.

Neither Sam nor Jack would be who they are today if it weren't for the experiences of their lives. Jack's life with Sara should never be marginalized. It would be a tremendous insult to Charlie's memory if the love his parents had for him and each other was dismissed as trivial. Likewise the impact Jonas had on Sam helped her to become the self-sufficinet and assured person that she is today. He helped shape her personality and determination. Great choice for a song.
                            WOW MirthMistress, beautifuly said... and that's exactly it, their pasts made them who they are and brought them to this place where they are together.

Originally posted by Lady_E
                            Squeeeeeeeeeeee Thats cool hunny which part of Glasgow did you live in ?
                            Well, I have to say I don't remember, I left when I was 11 and that was almost 25 years ago but I can tell you that I went to Hyndland Primary School and my address was 90 Clarence Gardens, Clarence Drive there are things that you have to memorize when you are a kid I even remember our phone number
                            Last edited by LOL4JACK; 14 April 2006, 02:55 PM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Yeah ditto to what Nell said, hope the winner has a fab time! Good luck everyone!
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I read something earlier today, don't ask me what because I have a very bad memory , but I finally understood why despite all my efforts I did not like S9, except for the first episodes...

The Show that I had loved for the pasts years was Stargate SG-1 it was about a team that where fighting against evil and to find freedom for all. We knew who SG-1 was, we saw them grow and develop, in the journey wthey learned about trust, we saw them become friends and we saw how each one of them took something from the other to become who they where and that was their strenght.

S9 was about the good guys versus the bad guys, but who are they? we didn't see Teal'c nor Sam, nor Daniel and definitely not Cameron, it could have been any other team and that is way, many people still think it was a good S9, because it still is a good SciFi show, TPTB cut to the chase and forgot to build a relationship, they went straight to the story and forgot why many of use have been watching the show... there wasn't that 50/50

Spoiler:
                                And I also think that's why I liked the first episodes... we saw a Mitchel feeling overwhelmed of having the opportunity to belong to the greatest SG team and why... what it meant to him, we saw Daniel and Vala finding out who they were and how they affected each other and little by little getting to trust each other, we saw Teal'C... ooops sorry, we barely saw Teal'c but I even liked that little scene between Teal'c and Vala playing basquetball

And then nothing else... we go straight to the stories, Mitchel is part of the team, they are all buddies... and here we are trying to figure out where did the team go? what is this show about?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X