X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
    ROFLMAO! Argh - I can't green you!
    aww, thanks for the thought though.

OMG, someone up there likes me... i have an extra hour in which to find out the news cos i have a lesson last thing and we're working on our papers so i'll have internet access! i'll keep refreshing the page to see if there is an update WHILE working on my paper... honest!
    Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
    Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
    Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
      aww, thanks for the thought though.

OMG, someone up there likes me... i have an extra hour in which to find out the news cos i have a lesson last thing and we're working on our papers so i'll have internet access! i'll keep refreshing the page to see if there is an update WHILE working on my paper... honest!
      LOL! Yeah that's what I said about work too....guess how much I've gotten done!

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
        LOL! Yeah that's what I said about work too....guess how much I've gotten done!
        lol, i know... i gonna be working on my 'paper', when in actual fact i'll be working on not screaming through either frustration or sheer joy if its announced.

Comment

UGH! just found out its about 5am where RDA lives... we've got a while to wait people!

and yep... its so gonna be announced while i'm at work! Grrr!!!!

Comment

Now shipper family, i want to make sure you are all in good health so that if (i say 'if' as i don't want to tempt fate), Rick does come back, your shippy hearts do not give out on you during your squeeeeeee-ing.

So i'm gonna play Dr. Shipper and give you some guidelines to a
            HSH (Healthy Shippy Heart)...
            1. Everyone drink a small glass of red wine every night WHILE watching a Sam & Jack shippy episode.

NB:- I would not suggest watching 'Ripple Effect', 'Chimera' or 'Affinity' (even though there's the sweet, yet heart breaking "what about you" scene in it), as the wine may end up all over the television.

2. Watch some Sam and Jack music videos. I suggest this one i found recently...
            http://www.stargatesg1971.com/jacksamvids.html the vid is called 'I Should Go'. It's beautiful, the lyrics fit perfectly. This should give your shippy heart some extra "oomph".

3. Eat healthily (although the occasional shipper cookie does wonders for your metabolism and can fuel you for hours!) and get some exercise; i find that going to the gym, getting on the running machine and while you jog (or run), replay every shippy scene you can think of word by word in your minds and before you know it you'll have done an hours exercise.

NB:- make sure you only go through the episode in your head. speaking it out loud may cause you to find yourself alone in the gym... (on a side note... you could go to the gym when the repeats of Stargate are being shown and beg the gym to put the channel on for you so you can watch Stargate and exercise at the same time)

4. Read lots of shippy fanfiction (not too angsty), a healthy mind leads to a healthy heart (or so i'm told)!

5. Everytime you come onto the internet to check rdanderson.com (RDA's website) surround yourself with pillows incase there is THE update! We don't want concussions now do we?!

If you follow these simple guidelines, your shippy heart should be in perfect condition by the time Rick makes his announcement. If its good news you shouldn't have a heart attack from the ultrasonic squeee, and if its bad news (i pray that it won't be), your shippy heart may not give up entirely.
            This is delightful. I'm usually hanging out at Sam's a Great Character but have many friends who live here. I love your prescription for a healthy happy shippy heart! And I really needed this boost because I've been slaving away on a new S/J fic and have kinda hit a rough spot ... nothing to worry about, I'm psyched about my story and it will get done. I hope it becomes a part of your prescription for those long gloomy stretches of JWS (Jack withdrawal syndrome).

Take care all and take heart! (Ooh, I'm a Samandan and couldn't resist a good pun!)

Comment

he he, thanks!!!!!!

Comment

okay i give up... i have 15 mins left. i doubt its gonna be announced in that time... oh well! i'll have to wait till midnight to check again.

Comment

okay i give up... i have 15 mins left. i doubt its gonna be announced in that time... oh well! i'll have to wait till midnight to check again.
                  RL is so pesky!
                  sigpic
                  Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Wait & see, after all this there'll be some legal issue or something which means he can't tell us yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      I know what you mean about this being the first time you've been excited about the show in a while because it's the same with me. I pretty much enjoyed season 9 as a whole but there was none of the really looking forward to eps or the YAY it's Friday! any more on my end and as far as ship goes...well let's just say I had taken more or less of a "those ******s have mucked things up so bad that I'm not even going to try to hope for any kind of resolution" stance but am now leaning more towards a cautiously optimistic stance. There is still every chance that they could much things up further but everything I've heard makes me more inclined to think that we may actually get something good.
                      In contrast I can't think of one episode of season 9 that I would watch again. I think (if it is true) the return of RDA even for a few episodes is the only think that might salvage this turkey. What has happened to Stargate (Poor writing, dissing major characters, etc) breaks my heart.
                      sigpic
                      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific Jack
                        This is not an exact science. Season 8 had just wrapped when the powers got their renewal offer from SciFi. Threads and the end of Moebius 2 both had Sam and Jack together at his cabin, fishing. This was an easily understandable metaphor. Soon after Daniel and Teal'c arrive for a group farewell and fadeout. This was the way they intended to end all story arcs to the best of their ability, leaving a bit of wiggle room just in case. Well, when they continued into the next season, mostly unprepared, the new story lines contadicted some of the old ones....maybe unintentionally. Without RDA there was no reason to linger on what TPTB "thought" was finalized. It may not have been what everyone wanted in terms of romance and passion, but it was all we were going to get. But, when they continued the show....oops. Now they have to re-resolve the whole damn thing again because they screwed up. What was orthodoxy in S8 became confusion in S9. So, S10 will have to fix it. The idiots. There are two major obstacles for the powers to overcome before Sam and Jack can be united in eternal bliss. First, RDA has to appear in the show. Second, how do the writers get around the mess they created in Ripple Effect? If its negative to the first obstacle, then the second one is moot. If its affirmative to the first, then your guess is as good as mine to the second. May the Force be with the creative team of the show. This I am certain, if RDA is on SG-1 next season, it will be to remove any doubt and ambiguities left after Threads and all of S9. There will be a happy ending.

Jack
                        I do not know if TPTB are capable - it just isn't their style, no even the dead stay dead (except the ones I'd like back).
                        sigpic
                        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Shipperahoy have you heard anything specifically about Jack and Sam or just that Jack might be returning for Season 10 or did I leave my glasses on that tries to read between the lines? I'm just wondering if at the con you were led to believe that one of the reasons for his return would be Sam?
                          Last edited by nickatell; 28 March 2006, 06:46 AM.

Comment

RDA: Hmmmphf? But the sun's just rising in California! I'll call in my announcement soon! I promise!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                              In contrast I can't think of one episode of season 9 that I would watch again. I think (if it is true) the return of RDA even for a few episodes is the only think that might salvage this turkey. What has happened to Stargate (Poor writing, dissing major characters, etc) breaks my heart.
                              Season 8, I kept a couple of eps protected on my DVR. Season 9 eps were deleted after I watched them.
                              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

You know no matter what the out-come, I am quite enjoying feeling feelings for Stargate again. I also have to say that I agree with you Pacific Jack, I have been wondering what is it that would bring Jack to Stargate; I mean if he is in charge of Homeworld Security he should have been involved in many episodes in Season 9 but he wasn't, so story -wise what would bring him here? Of course, my answer to that question would be Sam but with TPTB I'm sure it would have to be something more.

Comment

Working...
                                X