X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i hope it's true!!

i'm going to wait for some 'official' confirmation on this news, but if it's true...

*super sighs*

sally
    Well, someone named PG15 just posted this on the Vancouver Con thread and quoted one of our own as the source:

"Well, Shipperahoy just said in her blog that Cliff Simon spilled the beans on RDA appearing in Season 10.

Excuse me while I squee at the top of my lungs for 10 minutes.

(And I don't usually squee...like, ever)."

I was just about to suffer a big letdown when I heard that the N. John Smith news also came from IMDB site. Now, I'm hopeful again...
    Originally posted by trupi
    Don said RDA would be back and I believe him 100%. Even Adam from Creation Convention said he would be back after a break. I believe Adam who's been running cons for 33 years (jee getting old). Guys RDA will be back but nothing will change the hurt season nine inflicted on the family!
    And I've been holding on to that bit of info you shared with us late last summer ever since! I've felt it was the most credible thing that had come my way so far!

+ =

Comment

I no waiting ship S&J in 10. season, with/without RDA, TPTB very nicely say what thinking about ship&shippers S&J in RE , for me this RS is over, because RE & Sam no mention Jack in FULL 9. season
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        lol, well he is the co-executive producer!
        He is? Geez, I'm feeling stupid right now! How come we never talk about him like we do RCC and BW, JM, etc.?

+ =

Comment

Originally posted by Ayiana
          I have to wonder sometimes why so many are so rabidly anti-ship. There are tons of action/adventure/drama scenes in SG1 that we (or at least I) enjoy just as much as I enjoy the ship. And nobody hears me complaining that there's too much/not enough of any of those. And yet, when shippers ask for (okay, beg for) just a scene or two, we often get snubbed. It's... weird.

It would take less than 10 seconds out of any given episode to keep the shippers happy without turning the entire series into a soap opera. Sometimes I think TPTB worry too much about the soap opera label and not enough about keeping as many fans as possible satisfied.
          It reminds me a bit of 8 year old boys showing their disgust at kissing scenes in movies. But we know that the anti-shippers are both sexes, and not eight years old. Some of them even say they can't see any chemistry whatsoever between Sam and Jack. Hard to believe that. I think some have an agenda.

Comment

Kay, I just watched the new Mastercard commercial and can I just say...

Gas to go to grandma's? $20

All the popsicles and Caprisuns I ate/drank? $10

Seeing RDA for the first time in months? Priceless.

Okay, I couldn't help myself that was really lame, shoot me.

GREAT FREAKING BIG SQUEE!!! RDA'S BACK!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

Originally posted by dexterav
              I no waiting ship S&J in 10. season, with/without RDA, TPTB very nicely say what thinking about ship&shippers S&J in RE , for me this RS is over, because RE & Sam no mention Jack in FULL 9. season
              Now, dex, there you go, fearing the worst again. This could be a very good thing. One of the theories I've kept coming back to again and again during the past year is that all this uncertainty, the vagueness about the S/J Ship, RE, etc. were all specifically designed to keep us worried and on the edge of our seats (i.e., interested and involved) until RDA was sufficiently rested and ready to work again.

If this bears out, I'll make a prediction: the show will become Stargate Command in S11 (featuring BB and CB), and some of the original team may stay. The others (no prediction on how that will shake out) will start making the Stargate: SG-1 movies!!!!!!!

Keep your fingers, toes, eyes, ankles crossed......and anything else you can cross too, Shippers!!!!!

+ =
              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 27 March 2006, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                It reminds me a bit of 8 year old boys showing their disgust at kissing scenes in movies. But we know that the anti-shippers are both sexes, and not eight years old. Some of them even say they can't see any chemistry whatsoever between Sam and Jack. Hard to believe that. I think some have an agenda.
                We have a saying at my office:

"You can't fix stupid!"

Who couldn't see that chemistry??????

+ =

Comment

What's this about "Amanda saying that there would be some Sam/Jack stuff this year"?

Has anyone seen a report of Amanda's panel yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                    We have a saying at my office:

"You can't fix stupid!"

Who couldn't see that chemistry??????

+ =
                    You should needle-point that on a pillow.

Seriously though, their chemistry is what drew me to them. I can't stand to see a ship with no chemistry. It's like drinking caffeine and not getting the buzz. *shudders* I fear for the anti-shippers well-being.

Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

I've Been SPANKed by the Love Monkey!!

Comment

I like the sound of that parsifal.If all this news is true we may have hit the Shipper Lottery.Shippers deserve some good news for a change.

Comment

I hate to say it, but I no longer trust Amanda's word regarding ship--particularly when it probably hasn't been shot or edited yet. I suppose it's something, but I'm not going to hang my hopes on it.

Comment

why am i so scared to believe this news? i think becaues i don't want to get my hopes up about anything.

i want to hear a con report from someone i 'know' (and trust), and i want to know for 'sure' that amanda really said there'd be ship for s/j in s10.

until i hear total and complete confirmation, though, i won't start my squeeing until then.

but still.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh, I so hope these reports of POSSIBLE S/J ship in S10 are true! (pleasepleasepleaseplease let them be true!)

In the meantime, though, I have a new shippy fanfic to share! I've been working on this one since October and it's my longest yet (ya think?) The storyline might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's something I wanted to explore (since TPTB/TIIC didn't). It's called The Blessing...please read and tell me what you think!

(ST-1 once again apologizes for shameless self-promotion. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. )

Comment

Great Analogy Gatetrixer with the 8 year old boys.It is not even offical yet and some people are flipping out about RDA coming back and ruining the new SG-1.They are afraid of the Sam/Jack Ship.The Sam/Jack Ship is a threat to certain Fans.IMO SG-1 needs RDA and the Sam/Jack Ship.The ratings are down and the new characters are not cutting it.Season 9 had a whole year of no Sam/Jack Ship and the Show struggled.I hope TPTB are thinking we gave the non Sam/Jack Shippers no Ship in Season 9 and the ratings were down.Maybe we should go back to the Sam/Jack Ship in Season 10.

Comment

I cannot blame you Sally.Your doing the smart thing.Parsifal made some great points as well.I really do think we are in for some great news.We really seem to be getting some strong signals.We should hear something very soon.Good night everyone and lets hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X