This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    This is a good point. I think we read far more into the relationship between Sam and Jack than tptb ever intended. That's because this ship has a life of its' own, whether tptb like it or not. AT & RDA have an on screen chemistry that just works. That's why AT was cast in the first place! If every nuance had to be scripted and rehearsed it wouldn't work - just feel forced.

For me ship boils down to whether it's believable. I couldn't ship S/Martouf or S/Narim or even S/McKay because I don't see *that* sort of chemistry there. Joe gave me the jitters because I liked his character, and I could see that relationship working - I thought there was genuine chemistry between him and Sam. Fortunately not as much as between Sam & Jack

It's a good job that this chemistry exists between AT & RDA - because we certainly wouldn't have got all the ship over the years as we did if it was left purely up to the scripted scenes. Lets face it, we get just as excited at a little smile or look as we do the kisses and words!
    Exactly!
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
      I agree, and I consider trying to explain or rationalize the Season 7/8/9 mess a waste of time. It doesn't make sense without referencing forces outside the characters of Sam and Jack.
      I have given up long ago to rationalize the writing of PTB. They are very good writers don't get me wrong for they have taken sg1 all this way. But alas, they lack the ability for a BHK as a closure to what they started 9 yrs ago. IMO

Comment

just because I care about them being together for S10

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
          I agree, and I consider trying to explain or rationalize the Season 7/8/9 mess a waste of time. It doesn't make sense without referencing forces outside the characters of Sam and Jack.
          Yep. IMO, the relationship became unrealstic when they didn't have an adult conversation either in 7 or 8. They have known each other for 7 years, they know they have feelings for each other, but refused to at least talk about it. Ignoring the feelings didn't make it go away.

TPTB kept throwing the regs in our face for an excuse not to get together. But even though they were not in a relationship, their feelings were getting in the way of doing their job. For example Gemini.
          Spoiler:
          They both let their feelings for each other interfere with their better judgement. Replicarter knew this and took advantage.
          So to me their regs excuse when out the window in season 8.
          Last edited by Rogue; 14 March 2006, 11:23 AM.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Carter
            QUERY!!! Does anyone know how to make moving livejournal icons? If someone can make them, would they be so kind as to make me a moving one of the 'Heroes' hug. I'd credit you. Pretty please!

I'm new at the whole icon-making thing, but I took a shot at it. If you don't use it, That's cool.

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
            My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
            My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
            My Stargate Videos
            It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              Yep. IMO, the relationship became unrealstic when they didn't have an adult conversation either in 7 or 8. They have known each other for 7 years, they know they have feelings for each other, but refused to at least talk about it. Ignoring the feelings didn't make it go away.

TPTB kept throwing the regs in our face for an excuse not to get together. But even though they were not in a relationship, their feelings were getting in the way of doing their job. For example Gemini.
              Spoiler:
              They both let their feelings for each other interfere with their better judgement. Replicarter knew this and took advantage.
              So to me their regs excuse when out the window in season 8.
              TPTB use the regs. as a crutch when they wanted to avoid the ship and play to it when they felt like it.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Ok. I just read this amazingly written series at FF.net that I just had to post the links to.

It's the Mardi Grass series.
                Challenge
                Fallout
                Returns

Please note that all of these fics are rated R and have adult situations and language!

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

On Sunday, while Nell, Sugarshaker and myself were having breakfast we were watching WO. The first loop when Jack is drinking coffee and Sam works in and says "what am I going to do next" and he says "we were on the planet already'.
                  Jack seemed upset when Sam says was going to her lab to figure out what was going on. I told Nell that the scene was such a sad scene for Jack because I think he wanted Sam just to sit with him and talk , to say are you OK but she walked away again. Nell didn't see it and thought he was just upset about the situation. But once again it was the first loop, he doesn't know that the loop is going to keep happening. What is your opinion about the scene?
                  sigpic

Comment

Trupi going to go and watch it again .... be back later..

It is so cool btw that you guys are so close

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                      On Sunday, while Nell, Sugarshaker and myself were having breakfast we were watching WO. The first loop when Jack is drinking coffee and Sam works in and says "what am I going to do next" and he says "we were on the planet already'.
                      Jack seemed upset when Sam says was going to her lab to figure out what was going on. I told Nell that the scene was such a sad scene for Jack because I think he wanted Sam just to sit with him and talk , to say are you OK but she walked away again. Nell didn't see it and thought he was just upset about the situation. But once again it was the first loop, he doesn't know that the loop is going to keep happening. What is your opinion about the scene?
                      I'm gonna have to agree with Nell. I had thought he was just upset with the situation.
                      Maybe I need a stronger Shipper Glasses subscription...

Spoiler:

Comment

I think Jack was just pissed that he was in a loop that no one believe him or T

Comment

I can see where you may think that but I also think Jack was frustrated with the whole situation. It could be that he was feeling hopeless at that moment since the two real brains on his team were sitting on the outside looking in, leaving just he and Teal'c to figure out how to help themselves.
                          It wasn't a 'fightem with guns' situation that he and Teal'c probably would have preferred. Daniel and Sam weren't there to 'fix it.'
                          Plus I think he had been on loops before that scene. He said "I knew you were going to say that" to Sam. He looked tired and depressed as if he'd been through several loops.

Comment

If anyone is in the mood for a very, very funny vid, here is a link.

http://sg1michelle.homestead.com/vids.html
                            Go here and click on Parody Intro To Season 9. I was laughing SO hard!

Spoiler:

Comment

LOL thank you for that parody link ... was so funny

Comment

OMG!!! I just saw 'Camelot'

Spoiler:
                                SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!! Go Save her Jack!

Poor Sam, she's helpless to do anything. All she can do is watch as the destruction happens around her.

I loved the slow motion scenes at the end. Very effective.

When i saw that device in Merlin's room I immediately thought 'Window of Opportunity' lol. My shippy brain taking over.

But MY GOOOOD, i am not gonna be able to wait to see season 10. I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown!
                                Last edited by Sam_Carter; 14 March 2006, 01:15 PM.
                                Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                                Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                                Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Working...
                                X