X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    but both won't last long...trust me

there's been a few occassions where the ship thread's spilt and it's invariably ended in tears

this thread *will* go the way of the dinosaur as long as the other thread exists, and then there'll be no proper thread for *discussion* rather than squeeing.

why do you think I don't visit other ship threads?
    I know what you are getting at, but why assume that this thread will cease to exist rather than the other one? This thread, is, after all far more established. Valenship Day will be held here. There is probably a lot I don't know about the history of s/j shipping on gateworld, so please explain.
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck
      I got O'Neill

HAHAHAHAHA how god damn cool
      you mean in the 'which stargate character are you' thinger? lucky!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        I visit both threads, too. I continue to visit the Ship Thread. It's where I started in GW and have made friends. We have fun, rant, rave, discuss, whine, debate, squee and support each other. I like the Celebration Thread, too. Sappy, fluffy, romantic, lovey dovey and so on. When I'm really playful, I go to the Jack Thunk Thread!!! There's a little something in GW to meet my various whims and fancies. I believe there's room for all interests.
        ^What she said...

Originally posted by Rogue
        Hey guys have you taken the Stargate personality test.
        If you hadn't below is the link.
        http://www.sg1stargate.com/Personality.html

I took the test and the results were:

I agree with everything but the unsure of my emotions. I know who I want to be with.
        Yeah I got Sam! Now just scratch out the smart part but it did get something right I am very Stubborn!

Sam/Jack Forever and Together

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i don't think the threads cancel each other out either. i've got, though, everything i need right here.

btw, i've visited the other thread... but i can't find anything to contribute.

sally
          Me too. The other thread has too much fluff for me. I like a mixture of fluff and discussion.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Just doing my part to bump the thread a bit. If one of the threads is to die, I don't want it to be this one!! <g>

And on a slightly-OT note, I saw the Mastercard commercial today. Despite a pretty bad dye job, RDA-as-Mac after all these years still looked GREAT!!
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252

And on a slightly-OT note, I saw the Mastercard commercial today. Despite a pretty bad dye job, RDA-as-Mac after all these years still looked GREAT!!
              where, where, WHERE did you see it!?! i want to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

takes deep breaths

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                Ok. I wasn't talking about Trisha and Garth. I was talking about the words to the song. *Points to sig* It says that love will always win. I was just trying to boost everyones spirits. Sorry.

I saw the episode and I actually thought it was better than I tought it would be. Yes
                Spoiler:
                the almost kiss upset me. Even though I knew it was coming I yelled at the tv "Hell no! Stop it...no...no...Good tv." I think that she did realize what she was doing and when she thanked the Asgard she was actually thanking him for interupting.

I LOVED
                Spoiler:
                seeing Janet again. And I think that the Alt. Sams were married to Jack. The Black BDU Sam seemed like she would let nothing get in the way of what she wanted. Like those pesky regs perhaps... And the way Alt. Janet said on maternity leave, in my shippy brain she was saying it was Jack.

SueKay: I love the avatars and would like one if you don't mind.
                Makes me think Thor must be a shipper:

Spoiler:
                Kvasir probably had orders from Thor to intervene if Sam started doing something stupid to f---- up her ship with Jack

A shipper can dream...right?

Comment

this is something that crossed my mind a while ago and doesn't seem to be able to leave...

does anyone think that maybe season 9 is a break, so to speak, on s/j ship and that season 10 will finally give us what we want?

i know it's naive' and prob holding on to hope (with both hands), but... giving it a break would not only refreshen the subject, but make fans even more excited by what's to come.

what do you guys think?

sally
                  I'd love it to happen, Majorsal, I really would. Anything is possible, I suppose. After all there was the ship desert that was season 5 and then we got quite a lot of shippy references in parts of 6, 7 and 8.

I suspect that realistically though the only way we'll get resolved ship is if
                  Spoiler:
                  RDA comes back for the 200th episode
                  always and forever

Comment

where, where, WHERE did you see it!?! i want to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

takes deep breaths

sally
                    Well, I saw it previewed on our local television news this evening at 5:00, but somebody over in the RDA Thunk thread said you can also find it at:

http://www.superbowl-ads.com/2006/index.html

(click on the pic of RDA/Mac near the upper right hand corner.)

My PC doesn't seem to want to access it, but maybe the site is just too busy.
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Well, I saw it previewed on our local television news this evening at 5:00, but somebody over in the RDA Thunk thread said you can also find it at:

Great ad. Shame they won't be showing it over here.
                      always and forever

Comment

The link worked for me , thanks
                        But give me grey anyday and I missed his smile too. Didn't macgyver smile ?
                        Hopefully it will get to the UK, we get some of the priceless ones

Comment

Thanks Mary.I think
                          Spoiler:
                          RDA is ready for the 200th episode
                          .Commerical was a good warmup.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                            I love all this discussion! (((Shipper Family))) It's feels good to have something to discuss. I wasn't expecting any ship in RE or for the rest of the season so I was excited to see the vague S/J references. Unfortunately, I feel like I just had another ride on the

Shipper express! I thought after Threads, the coaster was retired; but I was wrong. TPTB love the tease. They need to learn that too much teasing becomes painful after awhile.

I was excited about the "references", but the
                            Spoiler:
                            almost kiss was a kick in the gut. However, I think I understand the reason from a PTB standpoint. They were going for the joke....Ha..Ha...Isn't it funny that the Asgard interrupted an intimate moment. Well, I didn't think it was funny; and from the fan reaction, I don't think most fans liked it. How would that scene be understood from a new fan? I guess for the Asgard joke, but a long time fan is left scratching their heads kinda like the Orlin "intimate" remark.
                            I'm not sure whether I'm glad TPTB haven't dropped the storyline or glad they keep us dangling.
                            Geez Token!! Stop with the coaster.....even Kel'dor (my Tok'ra symbiote for you nwbies) is getting nauseous....

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                              Spoiler:
                              In this episode, they didn't put out a fire, they created one that wasn't even there before or at least that was long dead. Who was thinking about Martouf?

And don't kick Kerry. She didn't write her lines or that story. Aim your fire or missile-laden penguins at those who did.

TPTB have decided there will be ship, just not ours. We annoy them with our constant questioning and then they pull something like the RE kiss. How can we feel secure when we have nothing concrete to hold on to?

Yes, I think we have to be prepared for anything now. If that was really our Sam in RE, then Threads wasn't even the vague resolution that we thought we had.

ship sistah
                              There's still fanfics....they can take away everything but those.....SHIP WILL NOT DIE!!!! Even if it has to be in fanfics only we will still get out ship.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                lol

are you implying that it's all Spam at intel

anywho...what's your favourite Angsty Sam/Jack moment?
                                No, I'm implying that you were deleriously happy.

Hmmmmm, favourite angsty moment? There are several, but one of the first to come to mind is from Divide and Conquer
                                Spoiler:
                                where Sam calls to Jack down the hall when she finds out that he's going to let Anise scramble his brain.

Another one is when
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam's dying after being in Nirrti's DNA machine.

*swoon*
                                (I probably don't need the spoiler tags, but better safe than sorry.)
                                sigpic
                                Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X