This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    but...one thread will go the way of the dinosaur eventually...the activity leven in this thread has gone waaay down

invariably people will be unhappy...and if this thread's gone and you're feeling down about ship...where can you go?

it'll also dissuade newbies from posting here 'cos they'll think 'oh that SJ thread must be dull'
    We need to keep this thread alive. I like having somewhere that I can discuss what I like and dislike. This thread allows for that.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck
      HI sorry for not introducing myself (that is not a quick line to get responses) can't say i'm a newbie cause been lurking around this post oh for quite a while and frankly felt the need to post to get this damn thread back where it belongs which is right at the top of the list.
      Welcome Redneck. Keep posting, and yeah it was cool you got Jack!
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Hi Redneck!
        sigpic
        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Welcome redneck

sorry...thought you were spamming

my bad
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Welcome redneck

sorry...thought you were spamming

my bad
            You must have been giddy with the excitement of hitting 30,000 posts on stargate-intel.
            sigpic
            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

lol

are you implying that it's all Spam at intel

anywho...what's your favourite Angsty Sam/Jack moment?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                To be honest, I don't see why there can't be room for both threads. Neither threasd needs to negatively impact upon the other. I know there'd be a problem and the shippers could be considered to be divided if the threads were mutually exclusive, but I've noticed that several people- including me-have posted in both threads. I enjoy both threads for different reasons.

And I've lurked happily in both threads. The Ship Family Thread is home--we share both the good and the bad; sometimes it's warm and fuzzy, sometimes it's thoughtful and intellectual, sometimes it's silly, and sometimes it's just a gripefest. Sometimes we all like to get away, but we're all happy and relieved to come back home.

Bucky

Comment

I visit both threads, too. I continue to visit the Ship Thread. It's where I started in GW and have made friends. We have fun, rant, rave, discuss, whine, debate, squee and support each other. I like the Celebration Thread, too. Sappy, fluffy, romantic, lovey dovey and so on. When I'm really playful, I go to the Jack Thunk Thread!!! There's a little something in GW to meet my various whims and fancies. I believe there's room for all interests.
                  sigpic

Comment

but both won't last long...trust me

there's been a few occassions where the ship thread's spilt and it's invariably ended in tears

this thread *will* go the way of the dinosaur as long as the other thread exists, and then there'll be no proper thread for *discussion* rather than squeeing.

why do you think I don't visit other ship threads?
                    sigpic

Comment

this is something that crossed my mind a while ago and doesn't seem to be able to leave...

does anyone think that maybe season 9 is a break, so to speak, on s/j ship and that season 10 will finally give us what we want?

i know it's naive' and prob holding on to hope (with both hands), but... giving it a break would not only refreshen the subject, but make fans even more excited by what's to come.

what do you guys think?

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        this is something that crossed my mind a while ago and doesn't seem to be able to leave...

does anyone think that maybe season 9 is a break, so to speak, on s/j ship and that season 10 will finally give us what we want?

i know it's naive' and prob holding on to hope (with both hands), but... giving it a break would not only refreshen the subject, but make fans even more excited by what's to come.

what do you guys think?
                        I think that no one there considers the ship as anything more than something to be occasionally exploited and that they seem to have no idea how to give us what we want and what the characters deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          Isn't funny, our personalities both matched our favorite characters.
                          mine didn't.

i *wanted* to be sam carter, but i came out jonas quinn. (which is NOT a bad thing either )

i just answered honestly and came out our dear jonas... (((jonas)))

sally
                          Last edited by majorsal; 02 February 2006, 04:35 PM.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                            To be honest, I don't see why there can't be room for both threads. Neither threasd needs to negatively impact upon the other. I know there'd be a problem and the shippers could be considered to be divided if the threads were mutually exclusive, but I've noticed that several people- including me-have posted in both threads. I enjoy both threads for different reasons.
                            i don't think the threads cancel each other out either. i've got, though, everything i need right here.

btw, i've visited the other thread... but i can't find anything to contribute.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                              Yeah, I am puzzled with the decision making on what to show and not show. It seems to be ok to either ignore S/J or have a anti-S/J moment but not a positive one. And the positive ones we get are usually so vague it can be interpreted both ways.
                              After spending the best part of 40 minutes with my mouth wide open and staring at the ceiling in the dentist I've decided to view it in a positive way. I mean , why put yourself through all the pain and disconfort if not as a way to reach a happier ending ?
                              If tptb are keeping us in tender hooks by either ignoring S/J or having a anti-S/J moment or giving us very vague hints, surely it shows that at least they are thinking about it and I hope that they are going to such lengts because eventualy we will get the happy resolution
                              Personaly I prefer my treatment to come with a anaestetic but still ...

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                I visit both threads, too. I continue to visit the Ship Thread. It's where I started in GW and have made friends. We have fun, rant, rave, discuss, whine, debate, squee and support each other. I like the Celebration Thread, too. Sappy, fluffy, romantic, lovey dovey and so on. When I'm really playful, I go to the Jack Thunk Thread!!! There's a little something in GW to meet my various whims and fancies. I believe there's room for all interests.
                                Thanks, Nell. That is exactly what I was trying to say. You put it far more eloquently than me.
                                always and forever
                                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Working...
                                X