Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your right nell.MS is not to blame for a lack of Ship or Sam/Jack resolution.To be fair while MS does not like Ship MS did say he does what the writer/director/producer wants.

Comment

I love all this discussion! (((Shipper Family))) It's feels good to have something to discuss. I wasn't expecting any ship in RE or for the rest of the season so I was excited to see the vague S/J references. Unfortunately, I feel like I just had another ride on the

Shipper express! I thought after Threads, the coaster was retired; but I was wrong. TPTB love the tease. They need to learn that too much teasing becomes painful after awhile.

I was excited about the "references", but the
      Spoiler:
      almost kiss was a kick in the gut. However, I think I understand the reason from a PTB standpoint. They were going for the joke....Ha..Ha...Isn't it funny that the Asgard interrupted an intimate moment. Well, I didn't think it was funny; and from the fan reaction, I don't think most fans liked it. How would that scene be understood from a new fan? I guess for the Asgard joke, but a long time fan is left scratching their heads kinda like the Orlin "intimate" remark.
      I'm not sure whether I'm glad TPTB haven't dropped the storyline or glad they keep us dangling.

Token ~

Comment

All you need is Ship.Most of the Shows I watched over the Years had some form of Ship.Seinfeld was the one Show I do not think about Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          I love all this discussion! (((Shipper Family))) It's feels good to have something to discuss. I wasn't expecting any ship in RE or for the rest of the season so I was excited to see the vague S/J references. Unfortunately, I feel like I just had another ride on the

Shipper express! I thought after Threads, the coaster was retired; but I was wrong. TPTB love the tease. They need to learn that too much teasing becomes painful after awhile.

Spoiler:
          almost kiss was a kick in the gut. However, I think I understand the reason from a PTB standpoint. They were going for the joke....Ha..Ha...Isn't it funny that the Asgard interrupted an intimate moment. Well, I didn't think it was funny; and from the fan reaction, I don't think most fans liked it. How would that scene be understood from a new fan? I guess for the Asgard joke, but a long time fan is left scratching their heads kinda like the Orlin "intimate" remark.
          I'm not sure whether I'm glad TPTB haven't dropped the storyline or glad they keep us dangling.
          That's the word "dangling!!!" LOL!! TPTB keep dangling the Ship!!! Speaking for myself **cough cough** I'm strapped into the coaster car!! RL by day and coaster afficianado by night!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! It's an obsession, I tell ya!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Ripple Effect
            Spoiler:

It's amazing. I came into RE with no expectations of ship. But isn't it just like TPTB lately that I would still come out at a net loss after watching it.

I wasn't upset when I first saw the Martouf kiss, because I felt sure there was going to be a big twist at the end and we would find out that what we thought was our reality was also an AU. But it didn't happen. I watched the ep again, but still couldn't find where they pulled the reset button. Then I read all your posts, thinking someone must have found where TPTB pulled one on us. Sally came up with some inconsistencies, but you would think there would be something bigger or something said from Joe so there wouldn't be any confusion (what was I thinking?).

If someone clears this up for me, thank you, and you can forget everything I'm about to say.

If this was our team and our Sam then I am just dumbfounded. Damaging the Sam character has become an open sport with TPTB. What was the point of breaking up with -- one man wasn't good enough for her? Did she say "not exactly" because she and Jack have an "open" relationship? I just don't understand her motivations anymore.

Sam INSTIGATED the kiss with Martouf! She didn't just lean in or was still and unsure when he tried to kiss her. SHE INSTIGATED THE KISS. At that point it doesn't matter whether it was consumated or not (although if they hadn't been interrupted it seemed pretty clear they would have gone at it). What was the mindset behind this?! Sam was looking at Martouf with love and longing. She told him she missed him and went at him. Good grief, if this isn't a disaster for ship, I don't know what is. At least before this episode I was certain that Sam and Jack were together offscreen and TPTB were just being jerks for not giving us a clue about it. But now that assumption has to be thrown out the window. I don't know this woman anymore.

Yes, she had feelings for Martouf years ago-- she even kissed him shortly after meeting. But I think she had long since been able to seperate her feelings from Jolinar's. Martouf was killed right after Sam had to disclose her true feelings for Jack in D&C. She wasn't in love with Martouf. She and Jack were telling each other they would rather die than be without each other.

So where did that emotion come from? Absense makes the heart grow fonder? Not when you've just begun a romance with someone (Jack) for whom you've pined for years. You wouldn't think she'd be able to even consider kissing another man at this point in her life. So they're not together?

See this is why TPTB refused to confirm anthing between Sam and Jack. They wanted to keep the option of doling AT out to the guest of the week, be it dead Martouf, baby Orlin, an AU with McKay, almost Cam --and all this in just 3... consecutive... episodes! You know what, even if we do get something in the end, it just seems so soiled now.

Please, no more AUs! At least in the old AU episodes they confirmed that Jack and Sam were a couple. Now they don't even give us that anymore! It was kinda nice to see Janet again, but AU lately just seems to be more trouble than its worth. If I had to see a real kiss between Sam/AU Martouf to see AU Janet, then forget it. I'd rather watch old eps to see her.

I'm actually unusually calm. Maybe I'm numb from the many ship whumpings. Maybe I feel disconnected because this seems like a new show with characters. Some of them look and sound like people I know, but they sure don't behave like them. Daniel talks so fast these days, I can barely understand him anymore. Sam, it turns out, was intimate with Orlin years ago and was ready to get intimate with dead Martouf next. WTF! Did the body snatchers come in through the gate? These are pod people!

I'm still waiting for someone to give me proof that Ripple Effect was about some other SG1 team. I just can't believe what happened Friday night really happened.

ship sistah
            Last edited by sacme; 21 January 2006, 10:12 PM.

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Go Sam And Jack!!!!!!!! Woooooooooo
              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I think part of what they're doing
                Spoiler:
                is connecting the old and the new by revisiting people from the past. I think that's the purpose they have Sam serving at the moment... bringing the old into the new via some older ver Carter-centric story arcs and closing them off.
                Hey it's a theory anway

Originally posted by parsifal
                Spoiler:
                I reiterate my previous question, slightly modified: Are these 'relationships' really demanding closure for the sake of the story? I don't see the need. The one somewhat legitimate case for closure was Martouf. Not for romantic feelings, however, but perhaps for her guilt over killing him. That almost kiss was completely inappropriate and befuddling.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                  Possible spoilers
                  Spoiler:

I guess for me I have to say that I am confused; do you guys think that TPTB would really keep the question of whom Sam is with (if anyone) alive only to never really answer it? I mean what would be the point? It seems like they are going out of their way now to reference her questionable relationship. The confusing part is then what was "Threads" all about? I mean I see the point being made that TPTB are cleaning house so to speak and yes for those that were concerned about Orlin and now Martouf those fires have now been put out; but wasn't Sams conflict whether she was really in love with Jack, and he her, or whether she loved Pete? (I still could kick Kerry for interrupting Sam when she said "there is really a very good reason why I am bothering you with this and if I don't tell you now I might never....." Wouldn't you have just loved to have heard that full conversation?) I guess my whole point here is (and yes I do have one, I think) by Sam calling off her marriage to Pete (boy that felt good) then wasn't the question answered? Don't get me wrong I think the way TPTB did it sucked, no romance between Jack and Sam, but the question was ultimately answered then, wasn't it? So why then would TPTB now be so vague, what is the point? I guess this is where my hope still lies that Jack will be making another appearance.
                  Spoiler:
                  In this episode, they didn't put out a fire, they created one that wasn't even there before or at least that was long dead. Who was thinking about Martouf?

And don't kick Kerry. She didn't write her lines or that story. Aim your fire or missile-laden penguins at those who did.

TPTB have decided there will be ship, just not ours. We annoy them with our constant questioning and then they pull something like the RE kiss. How can we feel secure when we have nothing concrete to hold on to?

Yes, I think we have to be prepared for anything now. If that was really our Sam in RE, then Threads wasn't even the vague resolution that we thought we had.

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                    I think part of what they're doing
                    Spoiler:
                    is connecting the old and the new by revisiting people from the past. I think that's the purpose they have Sam serving at the moment... bringing the old into the new via some older ver Carter-centric story arcs and closing them off.
                    Hey it's a theory anway
                    i agree with you there!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Token

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      Thing is, do you think if whatsherface from 100 days came back, Jack would be kissing her for old time sake? Right after he (allegedly) committed to Sam? Would Sam have stood for that?! Would Jack have been so reckless? I don't think so.

TPTB only pull this crap with Sam (and maybe Teal'c) and it's so not fair to that character. This year should have been her's. She should be leading the team, not participating in all of these ridiculous romantic teases. Despite the technobabble she's been reduced to the girl on the show.

((((((((((Token)))))))))) good seeing you again!

ship sistah
                      Last edited by sacme; 22 January 2006, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                        Spoiler:
                        Thing is, do you think if whatsherface from 100 days came back, Jack would be kissing her for old time sake? Right after he (allegedly) committed to Sam? Would Sam have stood for that?! Would Jack have been so reckless? I don't think so.

TPTB only pull this crap with Sam (and maybe Teal'c) and it's so not fair to that character. This year should have been her's. She should be leading the team, not participating in all of these ridiculous romantic teases. Despite the technobabble she's been reduced to the girl on the show.

((((((((((Token)))))))))) good seeing you again!

ship sistah
                        i so know what you mean!!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          In this episode, they didn't put out a fire, they created one that wasn't even there before or at least that was long dead. Who was thinking about Martouf?

And don't kick Kerry. She didn't write her lines or that story. Aim your fire or missile-laden penguins at those who did.

TPTB have decided there will be ship, just not ours. We annoy them with our constant questioning and then they pull something like the RE kiss. How can we feel secure when we have nothing concrete to hold on to?

Yes, I think we have to be prepared for anything now. If that was really our Sam in RE, then Threads wasn't even the vague resolution that we thought we had.

ship sistah
                          Rats-it won't let me green you becuz i have to spread the love.

you are so right though-

personally i don't much care what happened in any Alternate Universe-it is my universe that I care about-and it burned me to see that Sam for some reason known only to the writers and directors
                          Spoiler:
                          decided to kiss the Alternate Martouf-why?

i know they are trying to re-write history without regard to the fans that made the show popular.

i think they should have started from scratch-called it Stargate Command and went from there-if you are going to replace characters fine-Mash did it-several times-but still managed to stay within the shows history and the character interactions. And their history.

this is why i am not giving this show a pass-I am giving it a miss.
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

AUs can affect our reality, too-- sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way. Unfortunately, Moebius and Ripple Effect may have changed our reality for the worse. Who knows what's canon anymore?

Are we gonna get a Bobby Ewing/Dynasty shower reset scene at the end of the season? With this crew, I wouldn't put it past them.

ship sistah
                            Last edited by sacme; 22 January 2006, 12:23 AM.

Comment

AUs can affect our reality, too-- sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way. Unfortunately, Moebius and Ripple Effect may have changed our reality for the worse. Who knows what's cannon anymore?

Are we gonna get a Bobby Ewing/Dynasty shower reset scene at the end of the season? With this crew, I wouldn't put it past them.

ship sistah
                              i wouldn't put anything past these guys. They are so psyched about this season. I can only describe this season as psycho.

They have never failed to miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity (and no this is not an original quote-i just borrowed it).

there have been several story lines that could have been an extremely awesome story arc and turned it in-I don't even know what to say.

I guess I can only say with my checkbook-they ain't getting any of what might be in it.
                              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Hi guys just popping in to say I've not given up yet despite my absence as of late! I haven't seen RE yet (I believe it's on next week in the UK, I haven't really been watching the new season.) In fact the only two things that are keeping me interested in the show are Amanda and the ship (or lack thereof). The day I give up caring about Stargate is the day that Amanda leaves the show. She's a fabulous actress and a wonderful person and I think, in the words of Nicole Kidman, the writers are treating her appallingly!

After all seven seasons of building up a strong, independent female character Sam's been reduced to token female who's lusted after by the character of the week and slowly being 'phased out' for the flavour of the month (aka Vala)! Put a stop to this, please! We all know that isn't Sam and never will be! Sam undoubtedly should have been the leader of SG-1. She's the same rank as Mitchell and he's had zero experience in off-world travel but I guess we will never have a woman in charge of a team on SG-1. I don't get it. Previously the writers had a civilian woman in charge of the whole of the SGC for cryin' out loud! And then there's Atlantis ( ), need I say more? Why would they take (IMO) the strongest female character that the Stargate franchise has and throw her to the side like that? From my point of view it seems like an insult to the fans who've stuck by the show for the past seven years, an insult to Ms. Tapping coz she's a damn good actress and deserves more and from theirs it seems like a complete waste of all of their hard work and writing skill up to season 8.

Like I said, it baffles me. And if the whole point was to play down the S/J ship to prevent another 'Moonlighting' then I'd say that they've just succeeded in letting the whole thing spoil the show *because* they're trying so hard not to mention it. I think they're overcompensating, something which they never let happen pre-season 8. and it's a shame. The fact that the ship is now a big deal is because the writers have refused to address the issue head-on. The world didn't come to an end the last time they addressed it sensibly, I doubt very much that some sort of closure on the subject would ruin the show. Then again, maybe that's the whole point. If the shippers stopped watching, maybe the ratings would suffer badly. I have no idea what the viewer stats are regarding %shippers but I'd say we make up a pretty large group based on Internet activity around the subject.

Perhaps we should take a leaf out of the Daniel fans' books and start a 'Save Samantha Carter' campaign - I don't know about you but I'd love nothing more than to sit down on a Tuesday night and see Carter in the role she deserves. (BTW this is no reflection on Amanda Tapping, I think she's fab and always will and that's one of the reasons I'd like to see our Carter back!)

p.s. I think someone mentioned it earlier but maybe we will get an 'it was all a dream' sequence a la Dallas. I'm not entirely convinced that the team at the end of Moebius was our reality's!

p.p.s. sorry about the length, I'm not here often so I have to compensate by making my posts long! Happy shipping to you all and let's not give up on them!
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X