This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AUCat
    Now your getting it! Plot Bunnies of the world unite! I thinking Alec, Sarah G and Ba'al myself.
    Sarah G is always a good one. She could have a scrap with Vala over who gets Danny Boy.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      Sarah G is always a good one. She could have a scrap with Vala over who gets Danny Boy.
      Then they'll agree that neither of them does and *both* end up winners!

<vbEEEEEg>
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
        Hey all, just a quick note to let you know I posted my first S/J fic.. yay me!! It actually came out of an IM chat, so it's a bit rough around the edges.

It's a PWP, because well... it's what I do. It's also not for kiddies. So if you're over 18 and feel the need, check it out @ http://www.stargate-intel.net/fanfic...ry.php?sid=100

[/shameless self pluggage]

Myrth.....one word: more!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
          I'M BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Work has kept me away from this forum for quite awhile. The holidays didn't help much either.

So now I wish everyone a belated MERRY CHRISTMAS and a most blessed new year.
          Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've missed you....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

OMG, just read "Them" and you made me cry. I luv u man!
            A life without ship is no life at all.

Comment

OMG, just read "Them" and you made me cry. I luv u man!
              Are you talking about *my* "Them"??
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                For me, I don't understand how "Threads" was suppose to wrap up the whole Jack and Sam relationship. How much closer are we than we were before the whole Pete fiasco? I never really bought into the "Grace" episode
                Spoiler:
                where Sam questions her feelings for Jack and his for her. TPTB have portrayed Sam as a strong military woman, she above the rest except Jack knows that nothing could happen between them when she is under his command. If she was looking for more from Jack, what more did she get then she hasn't received in the past? and if we are suppose to believe in "Grace" then what in the heck is Sam doing now leaving a job where she is geographically closer to Jack (although I'm not quite sure about the regs) and where she could find out more about these feelings, to continue back at her old job where Jack no longer resides? This doesn't make sense to me. Think about this in Threads Jack doesn't come running up to Sam and beg her not to marry Pete, quite the contrary he wants her to do whatever makes her happy and in the Jack style he does nothing. She on her own based on nothing more than she had before Grace decides that she is making possibly the biggest mistake of her life. Then when Jack comforts her, tells her "Always"; Sam hears this and is suddenly at peace again with Jacks feelings and breaks off her engagement with Pete. I honestly could see Sam getting tired of the whole "regs" thing and moving on only and I mean only after she would have had a conversation with Jack and they decided that they would never be together; but IMO AT and RDA have played these characters feelings for one another with such depth that I don't believe either would do anything before talking with the other. She isn't a civillian she is military and she understands the rules as well as he does and to suggest differently is wrong; in saying this I have trouble believing after going through all of this that she now just leaves Jack and returns back to the SGC. Again if she now is at peace with her relationship with Jack there is no way when Barrett asked her if she is single again that Sam said "not exactly", if "Threads" did bring closure she should have said "I'm in a relationship", she never had to mention with whom. IMO Threads doesn't bring closure to the Sam and Jack relationship it just brought us back to where we were and left us there. Yes, I think Jack and Sam are together, committed to one another as I always have even before Grace and Threads, but to properly give closure to a relationship that is dripping in class, a proper kiss was in order with a vocalized declaration of their feelings for one another to one another. I did want to add that this post is not against Sam in any way I thoroughly enjoy her character, it is meant as more of a disappointment in the way that TPTB portrayed her.
                It's easy to see it both ways, and you make good points. We've just all been so glum lately, and hanging on every little nuance we hear from Skiffy and Bridge. I just wanted to interject a little optimism.....and I really think they MEANT for us to think it's resolved. It's tough, I know. We want a REAL resolution with the right words, the BIG HONKIN' KISS and everything we should get. But for now, we're not going to get it, so I'm trying not to be miserable while I wait. And I truly think RDA will come back to resolve it in the end.....if TPTB don't screw things up in the meantime. S/J Shippers are still more than 20% of the overall fan base. I guess I just choose to be optimistic at this point in time.....'cause I'm tired of letting TPTB make me miserable!

Comment

Oh yeah Buc252. Please continue to write!

Comment

Oh yeah Buc252. Please continue to write!
                    Wow, thank you!!! Somebody actually likes something I've written!! (Yayyyyyy!) <g>

I promise, they won't all be quite so angsty.
                    - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Most of the time I enjoy time travel eps. My problem is that I don't trust TPTB. I really don't see any reason why they don't canonize them as a couple. If they didn't want them as a couple, then
                      Spoiler:
                      why have Sam dump Pete and Kerry dump Jack.
                      'Cause that was the only way they could see to canonize The Ship without making the anti-S/J people mad.
                      Spoiler:
                      Dumping and KJ
                      was supposed to get us to read between the lines. You know TPTB--find a way to straddle the fence and give everyone something they can live with. Think how hard it must be to write that way. Gee! Just the thought of it makes my head hurt!

I'm not trying to be Pollyanna here. TPTB are wrong, wrong, wrong, and I am as disgusted with S9 as everyone else. They should have moved on to the movies they talked about, but I guess greed won out, and they want the income from the weekly series. I'd be happy to get a couple of movies a year with Sam & Jack and let them rename the weekly series Stargate Command, as they wanted to do. Then, I could watch the movies, SGA and BSG, and they could do the show for the Daniel/Vala fans that they seem to want to do. I continue to hope that the movies will happen, and Brad Wright did give a hint a couple of months ago that they're moving forward on that.

But all that being said, I truly think they've given us enough for a reasonable conclusion that S/J is canon. Frankly, I think it's obvious enough that those who DON'T see it that way are simply deluding themselves!

Comment

Myrth- that was hot! Pure smut, I loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                          I have about 12 hours of plane and train journeys in the next 2 days , can someone recomend some nice longish fics for me to read ? I'm not choosy as long it's Sam and Jack focussed and have a happy ending ( what can I say, I'm shallow that way )
                          Thanks
                          Twilight, by Gail R. Delaney
                          Exile, by Bastet
                          What Will It Take? by SG-1fanfic (I think).

The last one is about 500 pages.....so that should keep you occupied!

Comment

Fly by post!!! Try reading Anunnaki's "Missing Something" on fanfiction.net. Post-Threads story. It's rated T and M, in some chapters. She has other stories, too. Tender, romantic, very shippy!!! Will knock your socks off!!! **sigh**squee**
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, afternoon and evening everyone. Sorry I haven't been on for the last two days, but the kids are back to school. Posted to bump the thread up the page. Hopefully will find some time to spend with you guys later-Bye!
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the thread AUCat!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X