This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lara_SGC View Post
    she scared him when she approached him to give him a pep-talk. Everyone just assumes Jack has to do it and can do it but our Sam goes to him personally showing him how much fate they have in him. How much fate SHE has in him.

The conversation starts of business like, professionals talking to each other. They move into the room and then she talks about Jolinar. It gets a little bit more personal. She feels comfortable enough to talk to him about it and the way he leans in, getting into her personal space just shows how much he cares for her.

He really doesn't want to see her hurt. His "Major, I hate having any of them here" may sound a bit harsh but it's those walls that he throws up around him when he knows he's getting to closely emotional to her.
    Now, see, I don't see that as harsh at all. I think it's actually rather sweet - he's going out of his way to reassure her that it's not just her who's finding the situation difficult.

The first part of your post reminded me of the other thing Jenn was fangurling over earlier in the week - how the lighting is used in the scene to create that intimacy you talk about - the dark room, but they stand in the spotlight by the alcove there, which visually creates the small space within the larger one.

Oh and who directed this ep??
    *has a Woohoo moment*
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Now, see, I don't see that as harsh at all. I think it's actually rather sweet - he's going out of his way to reassure her that it's not just her who's finding the situation difficult.

The first part of your post reminded me of the other thing Jenn was fangurling over earlier in the week - how the lighting is used in the scene to create that intimacy you talk about - the dark room, but they stand in the spotlight by the alcove there, which visually creates the small space within the larger one.

Oh and who directed this ep??
      *has a Woohoo moment*
      Oh, yes I did notice the director of this ep *woohoo fangurl moment*
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Gosh, yes we've lost another page

: True but-
        : *blatantly interrupts her commanding officer* The point is, Sir-

I always found that a powerful scene. Jack knows what she's gonna say is exactly what he wants to say and he lets her. Somehow Sam seems to know that Jack won't mind. Just goes to show how strong and deep their relationship already is.

At the end of that scene, Jack looks at everyone but twice at Sam. Not that it's really that important per sé but he looks at her the second time at the end. Like her opinion matters most. I don't know, am I making sense? *shrugs*

Comment

*has an additional woohoo fangirl moment* And ya know...I find it very cool that they stopped writing Jack call her by her first name after those feelings get in the way...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I love how they keep pairing Sam and Jack up in certain scenes. Like placing them next to each other, opposite each other, mimicking movements,....

It has been said but yeah I love how he checks with Sam about Hathor. Seems so natural and her 'yeah' and him looking back at her. Wonder what he's thinking there.

Comment

Jack's understanding of the way Sam's feeling when she tries to use the healing device is interesting, especially when you think this is the episode right after Seth where he saw her use the hand device.

Plus, anyone else notice quite a lack of 'sirs' in that little conversation? It's just made me think of what we've been discussing over on the discussion thread in our rewatch, that Sam and Jack are at their most comfortable in season 3, up to A Hundred Days - they've grown very close and have started to have deeper feelings for one another, but haven't yet realised quite how dangerous those feelings could be, and therefore there's no barriers being maintained between them. I wonder if the comparative lack of 'sirs' here is part of that - as opposed to after D&C onwards when Sam drops them left, right and centre as a constant reminder. Rather like the fact that Jack never calls her Sam after that point.

Just a thought
              I'm at that part at the moment. It's interesting indeed. More interestingly so that Sam gets it to work after Jack talks to her. Her expression and reaction did say: yes I know! I know! I'm just frustrated but you're right - you see right through me and we both know that.

Absolutely true: at the bold parts!

Comment

Someone knocked me off my fluff cloud.

Here I am tap-taping away at my computer, writing that SS fic...and it's getting angsty! And it's supposed to be fluffy... Anyone got any fluffy picspam?

Comment

So...nobody likes fluff anymore? Dentist bills gotten too high?

^ Because hey that's canon fluff right there!

Edit- *sighs* And now I'm looking at that and really want to write an angsty POV!Jack and POV!Sam death!fic...*hangs head in shame*
                  Last edited by Regularamanda; 11 December 2009, 02:03 PM.

Comment

OT Semester!
                    Spoiler:
                    Woohoo(d)! Final grades are posted, all papers are graded. Now I can write the two lit reviews for the two papers I'm publishing and....

...then FINALLY write some fanfic! Yeah baby!

Good thing my secret santa giftie is wrapped, packed, and ready to post!

Edit: Er, ah...yeah. Carter loves O'Neill right back!
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      So...nobody likes fluff anymore? Dentist bills gotten too high?

^ Because hey that's canon fluff right there!

Edit- *sighs* And now I'm looking at that and really want to write an angsty POV!Jack and POV!Sam death!fic...*hangs head in shame*

Impossible!
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

EPISODE OF THE WEEK

Each week we will post 3 episodes. Please vote for the episode of your choice by Quoting the last voting post, removing the "quote" tags, and adding your vote to the episode of your choice. Voting closes on Saturday at 1200 GMT. The Episode of the Week will be announced Saturday and open for discussion all week long. Commentary, caps, artwork, poetry and any other creative expression relative to the episode is welcomed and encouraged! The purpose of this is to have fun and hopefully further our enjoyment of the wonderful relationship that is Sam and Jack.

The episodes up for consideration this week are:

1) Past and Present (0)
                        2) Foothold (0)
                        3) Pretense (0)
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oh and does anyone want to do a quick beta on this SS fic for me?(we're allowed to do that right?...) It'll be done...hopefully soon...*crosses fingers*

Comment

EPISODE OF THE WEEK

Each week we will post 3 episodes. Please vote for the episode of your choice by Quoting the last voting post, removing the "quote" tags, and adding your vote to the episode of your choice. Voting closes on Saturday at 1200 GMT. The Episode of the Week will be announced Saturday and open for discussion all week long. Commentary, caps, artwork, poetry and any other creative expression relative to the episode is welcomed and encouraged! The purpose of this is to have fun and hopefully further our enjoyment of the wonderful relationship that is Sam and Jack.

The episodes up for consideration this week are:

1) Past and Present (0)
                            2) Foothold (0)
                            3) Pretense (0)
                            All of them are soo good but I have to go with...
                            1) Past and Present (0)
                            2) Foothold (0)
                            3) Pretense (1)
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I have just finished my Secret Santa. I really hope my person likes it...have I said before that I'm really nervous. lol

I am having a small problem though.....My e-mails don't seem to be getting through to Replicarter. I'm going to try again and keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone. I'm getting really excited.
                              sigpic
                              I Believe
                              My FanFiction

Comment

1) Past and Present (0)
                                2) Foothold (1)
                                3) Pretense (1)

I love Carter's line "You're an idiot every day of the week, couldn't you take a break for once?" (or something like that) is worth the ENTIRE episode...

Comment

Working...
                                X