This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myrth
    Jack's career military... would he even have degrees? [knows nothing about American military requirements]

Let's just say he does... probably in philosphy
    Yeah, you have to have a degree to get above a certain rank, so he would have a degree. Not necessarily postgrad study, just a Bachelors.

I would go astronomy, but I'd love it to be astrophysics, that would be hilarious.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

A bachelor's degree is required to become an officer. I think there may be some sort of roundabout requirement to be a warrant officer but to be an officer in the Air Force a college degree is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
        Hi, all. This is my first post anywhere and I think I've already messed up somehow. Anyway, I've lurked for quite a while and just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed your discussions. Thanks for giving me a place to realize I'm not alone in my thoughts.
        MirthMistress!

Congrats on eating the red shipper cookie (look above for definition)! Have fun here and welcome to the family.

your ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

I would not get caught up in any type of answer.We have had pro and Anti Ship answers from TPTB and AT and we are still waiting for a resoultion.I do think if a Shipper asks a question at a con it will not be an Anti Ship answer.

Comment

A bachelor's degree is required to become an officer. I think there may be some sort of roundabout requirement to be a warrant officer but to be an officer in the Air Force a college degree is necessary.
            A certificate from the AF Academy for academic excellence and an engineering degree was on Jack's wall when he was a general.

ship sistah

Comment

Astronomy and philosophy are both good guesses for Jack's degrees. Does anyone know if he went to the Academy? If so, it's possible that he did major in some sort of military tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                A certificate from the AF Academy for academic excellence and an engineering degree was on Jack's wall when he was a general.

ship sistah
                Now there we go.... engineering. Well spotted.

Comment

Engineering, huh? Seems like WAY too much math for Jack. No one ever thought Jack was as obtuse as he lets on.

Comment

Welcome MirthMistress!!!! The more the merrier!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Engineering, huh? Seems like WAY too much math for Jack. No one ever thought Jack was as obtuse as he lets on.
                      Welcome to the fray.

Yeah, my dad did engineering with maths, and he's a brainiac.... maybe it was a different course structure.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Comment

Hi, all. This is my first post anywhere and I think I've already messed up somehow. Anyway, I've lurked for quite a while and just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed your discussions. Thanks for giving me a place to realize I'm not alone in my thoughts.
                          (((((((MirthMistress)))))))

WELCOME!!!!

Comment

yeah, I think we were all a bit surprised when we saw that. you have to adjust your mindset about Jack when you know he studied engineering.

ship sistah

Comment

It's not easy to be accepted to the Acadamies. A very high GPA, excellent scores on entrance exams (SAT, ACT, etc.) and a nomination by someone with some clout are what is needed to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
                                yeah, I think we were all a bit surprised when we saw that. you have to adjust your mindset about Jack when you know he studied engineering.

ship sistah
                                We all knew he wasn't dim. I think dim was something like a facade he put on after Charlie's death, along with the humour. But engineering's no way what I expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X