Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm, so, guys, I got an idea that doesn't seem to go away, for quite a while already. It's a plot bunny actually, and a very angsty one:

What if Sam and Jack had an affair, let's say between season 4 and 7 (or even 8, but no Pete, of course ), and the airforce discovered about it? So court martial and everything... happy ending or not, it's up to you, future owner of this bunny, to decide!

Sorry if I don't do it myself, but I don't feel confident enough in my English knowledge yet, neither in my writer skills for that is

But one day maybe, one day,...

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
      Erm, so, guys, I got an idea that doesn't seem to go away, for quite a while already. It's a plot bunny actually, and a very angsty one:

What if Sam and Jack had an affair, let's say between season 4 and 7 (or even 8, but no Pete, of course ), and the airforce discovered about it? So court martial and everything... happy ending or not, it's up to you, future owner of this bunny, to decide!

Sorry if I don't do it myself, but I don't feel confident enough in my English knowledge yet, neither in my writer skills for that is

I have a story posted that's a WIP that deals with this exact situation (it's in progress so it hasn't been discovered yet). Follow my linky at the bottom of my sig and it's called "Supposed Crime"

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post

Personally, I very seldom read or write fanfics were Sam and Jack have an affair while at the SGC. I believe that the both of them have WAY to much honor to ever do something like that.

There are a few expections to this rule that I will consider reading/writing about: If Sam and Jack have been stranded for a prolonged period of time on a planet with little/no hope of ever returning, I can understand them getting together and having to face the consequences later, or canonly, I could've seen their situation as Jonah and Thera developing into something more during "Beneath the Surface". Other than that, IMHO, I can't really see it happening.

Thankfully, those rules and regs are gone now, and our favorite couple is now (FINALLY!) together!
        Last edited by SamJackShipper93; 20 June 2009, 10:59 AM.
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          I have a story posted that's a WIP that deals with this exact situation (it's in progress so it hasn't been discovered yet). Follow my linky at the bottom of my sig and it's called "Supposed Crime"
          Spoiler:
          Yeah, I know, I realised that AFTER writing my post. I'm sorry if I spoiled your fallback If you want me to erase my post... And BTW, I really love your story (see your PM )

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          Personally, I very seldom read or write fanfics were Sam and Jack have an affair while at the SGC. I believe that the both of them have WAY to much honor to ever do something like that.

There are a few expections to this rule that I will consider reading/writing about: If Sam and Jack have been stranded for a prolonged period of time on a planet with little/no hope of ever returning, I can understand them getting together and having to face the consequences later, or canonly, I could've seen their situation as Jonah and Thera developing into something more during "Beneath the Surface". Other than that, IMHO, I can't really see it happening.

Thankfully, those rules and regs are gone now, and our favorite couple is now (FINALLY!) together!
          You're right... about everything you said. But I think that's why we have fanfics, it's to tell about things that would NEVER happen in the show, 'cause the characters don't do the things we make them do (gutter implied only if you have a dirty mind ). And/or the TPTB would never have the guts to make them do!

And yes, THEY ARE SO TOGETHER finally.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

I feel you on this. It was actually really crazy that I ended up writing this story that I am because I am a hard-core reg believer (too many military friends and family). I've never been a believer that they would just blatantly disregard the regs just for their own feelings. I also don't believe that there'd ever be any sort of special exception made for them. Now that it isn't an issue though, I know they're sooooo together

And NOE: No worries! I just thought I'd use the opportunity to plug my own story and toot my own horn. I'm glad you're enjoying it though!

Comment

Great, I'm relieved!

Now, I'm off to watch some great movie

Comment

Speaking of Supposed Crime, I have the next chapter up!!! Yay!!

Supposed Crime: Road to Shambala

There's angst. There's tears. There's shippiness in doses. PG-13, AU, Break regs fic (buuuuuuuuuuut I hope not your typical break regs and it will one day intersect with our reality and there will be hell to pay).

For those just tuning in:

The beginning:
                Supposed Crime: The Both of Us

Comment

Ahem. So apologies. I did miss the ficathon deadline.

A combination of work, incredibly bad writer's block early in the week, and a girly evening with my sister last night. However, it is now written but I've left it in the pot simmering so to speak as I usually leave some time between writing and posting to check for errors/typos/whether it's any good...

So, it'll be Monday...maybe, probably, hopefully.

---

Anyway, what are we talking about? Did Pete really love Sam? - I have to tell you that I actually originally wrote did Pete really love Jack - now that would have been a storyline!!! - Where was I - aha, yes...did Pete really love Sam?

I agree it depends on your definition of what loving someone entails but I think the key question is did Pete think he loved Sam? And the answer to that is undoubtedly yes. However, personally, I'm in the camp that views his behaviour and attitude towards her as being more in love with the Sam he had built up in his head rather than Sam the actual flawed human being in front of him.

I don't personally blame Sam for him not knowing her truly. Pete was a grown-up; had he truly looked he would have seen the difference for himself - and there is a hint when he comments that 'he knew but figured when you [Sam] said yes' that he was aware and ignored it in favour of believing in his fantasy. If Sam was wrong in continuing her relationship with Pete to the extent she did, he was complicit in her wrong-doing. He could have done what Kerry had the dignity and grace to do and leave the field. Only Pete wanted his fantasy too much and I agree that he pushed her at every point, ultimately pushing it too far with the house.

I do think Sam was equally at fault for not stopping it sooner. I think she was genuinely fond of Pete; that she cared about it him and loved him as a friend; loved how he made her feel about herself - as special, loved, womanly. But I think she knew he wasn't *the one* who she loved beyond all else. Her words in Affinity about sociological pressures and the romantic ideal are all too revealing. I think she *settled* for Pete and as the wedding date got closer realised it wasn't enough to settle; that he deserved more and so did she. I do think Sam felt incredibly guilty for hurting Pete and some of that guilt is justified but I do think Pete was complicit in his getting hurt and complicit in Sam getting hurt in hurting him by his holding onto her and pushing her when really he should have let go.
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                    Spoilered for space
                    Spoiler:
                    Anyway, what are we talking about? Did Pete really love Sam? - I have to tell you that I actually originally wrote did Pete really love Jack - now that would have been a storyline!!! - Where was I - aha, yes...did Pete really love Sam?

I agree it depends on your definition of what loving someone entails but I think the key question is did Pete think he loved Sam? And the answer to that is undoubtedly yes. However, personally, I'm in the camp that views his behaviour and attitude towards her as being more in love with the Sam he had built up in his head rather than Sam the actual flawed human being in front of him.

I don't personally blame Sam for him not knowing her truly. Pete was a grown-up; had he truly looked he would have seen the difference for himself - and there is a hint when he comments that 'he knew but figured when you [Sam] said yes' that he was aware and ignored it in favour of believing in his fantasy. If Sam was wrong in continuing her relationship with Pete to the extent she did, he was complicit in her wrong-doing. He could have done what Kerry had the dignity and grace to do and leave the field. Only Pete wanted his fantasy too much and I agree that he pushed her at every point, ultimately pushing it too far with the house.

I do think Sam was equally at fault for not stopping it sooner. I think she was genuinely fond of Pete; that she cared about it him and loved him as a friend; loved how he made her feel about herself - as special, loved, womanly. But I think she knew he wasn't *the one* who she loved beyond all else. Her words in Affinity about sociological pressures and the romantic ideal are all too revealing. I think she *settled* for Pete and as the wedding date got closer realised it wasn't enough to settle; that he deserved more and so did she. I do think Sam felt incredibly guilty for hurting Pete and some of that guilt is justified but I do think Pete was complicit in his getting hurt and complicit in Sam getting hurt in hurting him by his holding onto her and pushing her when really he should have let go.
                    I think the reason I hold Sam accountable is that I get the feeling she wasn't very vocal to Pete about who she was as a person. I agree that he noticed hesitation on her part (as he admitted during the break-up) but he's not a mind reader. Maybe he could have done the gallant thing like Kerry, but remember, Kerry hadn't invested as much in Jack (I mean realistically they couldn't have gone out but a few times based on when we first hear her name spoken and the final appearance in "Threads"). I also suspect that she saw much more interaction between Jack and Sam than the writers let on - she had all sorts of clearances that Pete didn't. The only time Pete would have seen Sam and Jack interact was if there was some sort of communal gathering... but I suspect from the way "Threads" was played Sam was extremely careful to keep her work life and home life separate.

I paint Pete as sort of this clumsy, boyishly romantic guy who doesn't think highly of himself and who, when he catches Sam, doesn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. Sam is brilliant, funny, independent, sassy, sexy... she's the catch of a lifetime! Plus, love blinds us to a lot of things. How many married couples claim they never knew their spouse was cheating on them despite signs being present during the relationship? I think Pete was the victim of his own love and Sam's lack of communication. I pity SpudMan - but he still stalked our favorite astrophysicist and that is why he *had* to go... and plus, she's destined for Jack. DUH.

Comment

Originally posted by LexKitten View Post
                      Lol! Thanks for the old prompts regularamanda! I will have to play with these over the holidays =)

Yay for short and silly fics! <3
                      You're welcome!

How are the prompts created? I'm just curious

On another note:

Spoiler:

Goooooooooooooooooooood morning shippers. It's Saturday, a bright sunny 80 degrees here in Minneapolis, MN (maybe a walk is in order?). As a rental manager of an apartment building, I have several showings today which means I'll be popping in and out and about.

This made me think. I wonder if Sam and Jack ever spent time in my fair city? What do you think?
                      When we have a ficathon, and when a lot of people have plot bunnies they have a week to send them in and then there posted all together and that's how they're made

On the whole Pete thing...sure Pete might have loved her...but Jack loved her more. Jack loved her more because he was willing to let her go. Jack's was an unselfish love...and Pete did say "I wish I could believe this was about your father" He knew there was something holding her back, he could have let her go...and he didn't. While Jack on the other hand did...hmmm that old clique is true...if you love someone let them go and if they love you they'll return to you
                      Last edited by Regularamanda; 20 June 2009, 02:22 PM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I think the reason I hold Sam accountable is that I get the feeling she wasn't very vocal to Pete about who she was as a person. I agree that he noticed hesitation on her part (as he admitted during the break-up) but he's not a mind reader. <snipped>

I paint Pete as sort of this clumsy, boyishly romantic guy who doesn't think highly of himself and who, when he catches Sam, doesn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. Sam is brilliant, funny, independent, sassy, sexy... she's the catch of a lifetime! Plus, love blinds us to a lot of things. <more snippage>
                        I don't hold Sam accountable at all for Pete being in love with who he thought she was and not who she was: like I said, he's an adult. It was up to him to find out the truth about the woman he was going to marry and believed he was in love with. I also tend to think Sam was as honest with Pete as she was with herself at that point about who she was and what she wanted. We're all capable of deluding ourselves very nicely and I'm sure Sam convinced herself that perhaps apart from the subject of Jack that she had even been more open and honest with Pete about her personal wants/needs/desires, about who she Samantha was, than she ever had with anyone else before.

For me, it was Pete who should have questioned more when she evaded a question or - quite frankly, when she took two weeks to answer his proposal. You say Pete wasn't a mind reader but if you know something is up, you don't just accept it. Pete happily deluded himself when she said yes instead of questioning.

To be fair to Pete, in the beginning he knew he didn't have the whole picture (that's partly why he storms out in a fit of mistrust the morning after and runs the background check on her) and did question leading to the revelations on the Stargate and perhaps after that, he's too wary of rocking the boat again and perhaps ruining his chance with her and that's why he backs off digging again.

I think of Pete as an insecure guy who can't believe he's with someone like Sam and even though he knows she's not right for him, that he's probably not what's right for her, goes after her anyway because he fools himself into believing the fantasy. I feel sorry for him but I will always believe that he has to take his share of responsibility for what happened between him and Sam. There's two people in a relationship after all.
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

All this talk about the shrub reminds me of why I love 'Moebius' so much...it's so nice seeing that Sparks flying kiss (even if it wasn't our Sam and Jack ) knowing that Sam had broken up with the shrub

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I don't hold Sam accountable at all for Pete being in love with who he thought she was and not who she was: like I said, he's an adult. It was up to him to find out the truth about the woman he was going to marry and believed he was in love with. I also tend to think Sam was as honest with Pete as she was with herself at that point about who she was and what she wanted. We're all capable of deluding ourselves very nicely and I'm sure Sam convinced herself that perhaps apart from the subject of Jack that she had even been more open and honest with Pete about her personal wants/needs/desires, about who she Samantha was, than she ever had with anyone else before.

For me, it was Pete who should have questioned more when she evaded a question or - quite frankly, when she took two weeks to answer his proposal. You say Pete wasn't a mind reader but if you know something is up, you don't just accept it. Pete happily deluded himself when she said yes instead of questioning.

To be fair to Pete, in the beginning he knew he didn't have the whole picture (that's partly why he storms out in a fit of mistrust the morning after and runs the background check on her) and did question leading to the revelations on the Stargate and perhaps after that, he's too wary of rocking the boat again and perhaps ruining his chance with her and that's why he backs off digging again.

I think of Pete as an insecure guy who can't believe he's with someone like Sam and even though he knows she's not right for him, that he's probably not what's right for her, goes after her anyway because he fools himself into believing the fantasy. I feel sorry for him but I will always believe that he has to take his share of responsibility for what happened between him and Sam. There's two people in a relationship after all.
                            Very well stated, and way better than I can manage to say. I quite agree with this analysis.

Comment

-snip-

-snip-

I never meant to imply that Pete was devoid of responsibility. You're right, two people in a relationship and both have to shoulder the burden. As for questioning - not everyone questions (I go back to my example of cheating spouses where the other one gets blindsided) - you want to trust the other person. Sam should have never said yes to begin with. The fact it took her two weeks to say yes and that she was having doubts...

I'm only weighing on Sam's responsibility in the conversation because sometimes I think the blame gets laid squarely at Spud's feet and I don't think that's fair. Truthfully, Sam should have kept it as a non-serious fling. She wanted something, but she wasn't honest with herself about what that something was and hurt Spudster in the process. Besides, SpudBuster isn't the saltiest fry in the bunch, I don't know that he was really astute enough to pick up the hints. I mean, it did take Sam a good long while and she's got a phD!!

All in all, I do agree that Pete should have figured something was up and not pushed the relationship. He was a lovesick potato that was a little too adamant.

Good thing Sam figured out he was a Mr. Potato-Head before the wedding!

I'll have to be in the minority on all this

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                I'd have loved to see Pete watch Jack and Sam interact. I do think, depending on the situation, that he'd have guessed. After all, Kerry did and she saw Sam and Jack together all of one time.
                                but another question would be, would pete have talked to sam, or even broke up with her, or would he have just pretended and ignored it because he wanted to be with sam so much?

pete seemed needy, but then again, i would be too if i ended up dating someone like jack/rick.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X