X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    yes. a sam/pete shipper.

sally
    What?!?! I thought she was a S/J shipper with US?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

hmm...we should all write to TPTB demanding the exact same little scenario...

what do you all think?
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

You said it Sally.IMO AT is a part time shipper at best.AT is the best Sam/Jack Shipper when at a convention when answering a question from a Sam/Jack Shipper.

Comment

I think our views of what AT thinks of ship are skewed by the magazines...I'll take what she says at cons are her true opinion...not what the magazines say.

after all...at GABIT when she held up Sam and Jack's dogtags, she said 'together as they should be'

or something along those lines anyway!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            i know.

it was a conversation with my shipper friend that really made it hit home for me. i can't remember her exact words, but it was basically this... (with me throwing in my own thoughts)

first few years: 'we can't have sam and jack get together when they're serving on the same team together. regs.'

last three or so years: 'we can't have sam and jack get together when they're serving on the same team *and* base together. regs.'

so, the beginning of season 9 saw sam and jack NOT serving on the same team and NOT serving on the same base. so why aren't they together? or are they?

so what was their basic excuse (regs) is NOT an issue anymore, so if they're not going to do s/j ship... were we just strung along?

sally
            de-lurking....

Hi eveyone.

I wonder.....hmmm.......
            Spoiler:
            I wonder with the lack of Jack's name even being mentioned (nothing since Landry on the phone with him) is because of a contractual agreement between RDA and TPTB. Maybe they have to pay him everytime his name is mentioned.
            A copyright sort of thing? Think I am I going to far out on a limb here?
            Last edited by SG1Poz; 21 December 2005, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              I can give you the reason.TPTB are afraid of Anti-Shippers.TPTB should have told everyone there will always be Sam/Jack Ship and we will have episodes that deal with the Sam/Jack Ship from time to time.JM has no problems telling Shippers there will be no Sam/Jack now.TPTB do not fear Shippers because they know too many Shippers are not ready to stop watching this Show.
              i don't feel it's that, ses. i feel it's that they've got our replacements now. (farscape fans and bb/cb fans)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                I think that despite TPTB's denial that they listen and respond to fans that this is indeed what happened. In season 7, with the decrease in RDA's time and the pressure to be more Daniel centric ( is that a word?) they felt compelled to write the ship less obvious and more in a way that was open to interpretation. At the same time, all Sam and Jack as a couple or as individuals became, to some fans, a reason for anything and everything that ailed in the show. What we have now is simply the end result of something that gradually happened. I think they view the Sam and Jack storyline the same way as they view the Gould, Thor, Mayborne,etc. --it's over and resolved, let's move on. I don't know if they truly believe the show is still good or they just continue to say it is. I guess we'll all find out after the 200th episode. Sam, in season 9, is like everyone else. They have no prior knowledge of what has happened the past 8 years so they can have her act anyway they please. Scary, but I'm afraid true.

remember how the ptb wanted to rename stargate sg1 into 'stargate command'? well, i think it IS 'stargate command'.

maybe some of the fans problems is we thought this show was starring sam, daniel, and teal'c, with the new ppl being added to 'fit in' to the already established show and cast.

what i think we've really got is a show starring vala and mitchell, with sam, teal'c, and daniel being 'fit in' to this show's storylines and cast.

wish i would have known that beforehand (would have saved me the heartache of wanting what's never to be).

sally *thumbs down*
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                  I know this is a Sam and Jack thread but I MISS RDA!!!. My daughter and I watched the first 5 minutes of some season 9 episode - it was either change the channel or fall asleep. Anyway, after the introduction of the actors and no RDA she said ---This is just wrong... My sentiments exactly.
                  oh, god, i miss him too!!!

i'm about to make my annual rda calendar for 2006. i take a cheapie calendar (left in our mailbox by some real estate broker) and tape rda/jack pics over the others. there's my rda calendar. *sighs*

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    hmm...we should all write to TPTB demanding the exact same little scenario...

what do you all think?

how about 'asking' for it?

sue, i've tried MULTIPLE times to get shippers fired up to write (not here), but... without a large concensus, i can't think we'd make much of an impression.

(i still write my postcards, though)

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                      de-lurking....

Hi eveyone.

I wonder.....hmmm.......
                      Spoiler:
                      I wonder with the lack of Jack's name even being mentioned (nothing since Landry on the phone with him) is because of a contractual agreement between RDA and TPTB. Maybe they have to pay him everytime his name is mentioned.
                      A copyright sort of thing? Think I am I going to far out on a limb here?
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rwareZ-031.gif
                      I see what you're saying, Poz, but I think this is highly unlikely. They definitely could have this kind of agreement for the use of Rick's name, but Jack, Jack O'neill, Colonel O'Neill, etc, is fully the property of the show. And even if there was such a thing with "Jack O'Neill," I doubt you could apply it to just saying "Jack." It's too common a name.
                      - Mary
                      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

So far with the rating being down it does not look like they have that many replacements.Then again TPTB do not seem to be concerned with ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                          I see what you're saying, Poz, but I think this is highly unlikely. They definitely could have this kind of agreement for the use of Rick's name, but Jack, Jack O'neill, Colonel O'Neill, etc, is fully the property of the show. And even if there was such a thing with "Jack O'Neill," I doubt you could apply it to just saying "Jack." It's too common a name.
                          Thanks Mary, That makes sense.

Comment

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

look: http://wallpapersbebesokar.free.fr/Mr&Mrs.jpg

it came from here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=612

enjoy.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

It's like instant stress relief. Even if it is a bit of a rant.
                                Thank You
                                Yeah it is You can just sit here chatting and forget about RL for a while. Its great!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Working...
                                X