This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe she objected to the scene where she shows Jack the ring
    Or she objected to saying the line "What about you" and what came after.

Dr. D
    God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
    Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      In looking at the various episodes, I see that
      Damian Kindler wrote "Chimera"
      Robert Cooper wrote "New Order, p. 2"
      Peter DeLuise wrote "Affinity" and
      Robert Cooper wrote "Threads"

and I'm not sure which line AT objected to in "Affinity", but she did, because as she said, her character would "never say that" (this is pointed out in the description of the episode on the GW home page). Apparently she called Cooper (who was Executive Producer for the episode) and discussed it with him and he talked her into it because it had something to do with future episodes. (But I refuse to go back and watch the episode to try and figure out what the line was.)
      AT wasn't happy with the last scene of that episode...that she said "yes" to Pete in that stake out thingie and then kissed him behind a van...

At least that is from what I remember...

Are you sure Kinsey said that???? Must have been an AU version of him that was actually a human being.

Must go watch episode now to see ....
      Yup he said that. I loved that bit...and with the "recap" you saw a bit of Paradise Lost when Sam refuses to give up on searching Jack...Dr. Lee reported that!

This all makes me think that I really should rewatch some episodes!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
        Or she objected to saying the line "What about you" and what came after.

Dr. D
        Maybe...or the scene with Teal'c and Daniel where she was talking about love Can I just say how happy I am that is gone?

Edit- Thanks Jann for telling us what she meant by that! *phew* She didn't mean the S/J part

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

In comparing the two versions, I just noticed that in the "Threads" scene, they both have such a self-satisfied, smirky smile on their faces, as if they're both thinking of something particularly "juicy" or delightful.
          It's called . . .

RST

heehehee.

So much for staying out of the gutter today.

LOL!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
            Maybe...or the scene with Teal'c and Daniel where she was talking about love Can I just say how happy I am that is gone?

Edit- Thanks Jann for telling us what she meant by that! *phew* She didn't mean the S/J part
            Absolutely ...

And now I must go off and do a rewatch of some of my favorite episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              AT wasn't happy with the last scene of that episode...that she said "yes" to Pete in that stake out thingie and then kissed him behind a van...

That's the way I remember it too

Yup he said that. I loved that bit...and with the "recap" you saw a bit of Paradise Lost when Sam refuses to give up on searching Jack...Dr. Lee reported that!

This all makes me think that I really should rewatch some episodes!
              I can't even remember the last time I watched an ep

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Yeah, that's what Amanda objected to. She thought it was completely out of character. I agree. It was. Sam is FAR too professional for that to have really happened.

And why did Cooper talk her into doing it? What bearing did the scene have on future episodes? To show the viewers that she'd accepted his proposal? That could have been done SO many other, believable, ways.
                sigpic

Comment

I found it in my companion guide of S7 and S8

Ever the perfectionist, Amanda Tapping feels the big scene where Carter and Pete decide to fully commit to their elationship could have benefited from a bit more realism on Carter's side. "to this day, when I wouldn't have done it there, and she wouldn't have done what she did in the situation.'I mean when Carter says "yes"to Pete's proposal, she does that at the end of a mission and a stakeout, and it's dumb. She wouldn't do that then because it's totally inappropriate, and I was angry at the way it was handled. For Carter, it would have been a private moment. It was something she would have dealt with outside of the realms of work, because no matter how much she feels for this guy, and no matter how much it's opened her up, work is work, and her work will always be the most important thing to her. She's been absolutely open about that from the word go. So it bothered me that it was like, 'oh well, this is how we'll fit it into this script.'I had a long talk with our executive producer Robert Cooper, and see the wisdom of what he was saying, but when the audience watches the show and sees the ending I want them to understand that I, Amanda Tapping, thought it was inappropriate."Well that's us told!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    That's the way I remember it too

I can't even remember the last time I watched an ep

Jumble I just listened to the commentary for Lost City and MW has commentary on it...I'm starting to understand why you like him so much

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                    Yeah, that's what Amanda objected to. She thought it was completely out of character. I agree. It was. Sam is FAR too professional for that to have really happened.

And why did Cooper talk her into doing it? What bearing did the scene have on future episodes? To show the viewers that she'd accepted his proposal? That could have been done SO many other, believable, ways.
                    Meh...I've only seen that scene once...I try to move on The Pete storyline was there and maybe it did help her see that she really wanted

And about the RST at the end of threads...you just got to love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                      INDEED!

Thread's really been quiet today.

Wonder where everyone is?
                      On the penguin thread! Well, I was. Went there first because I thought there would be less posts, but it was actually quite close.

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Nice question. Unfortunately I can't answer it because there are certain moments I blank or make-up my own alternate shippy versions of events in certain episodes of Seasons 7 and 8.

This is my mantra:

Shanahan never happened. Sam loves Jack and he loves her. Shanahan never happened. Sam loves Jack and he loves her. Shanahan never happened. Sam loves Jack and he loves her.

I'll try to remember that! I try to ignore too and avoid episodes that mention him.

Where is everyone? Has everyone lose there shippy mojo or something? Will picspam help?
                      Picspam always helps!

Comment

Picspam is always inspiring!

It frequently inspires guttery thoughts, not that I need much help in that area . . .

As for there not being many posts, well, its tough to keep the mojo going when we're not hearing anything new
                        sigpic

Comment

It frequently inspires guttery thoughts, not that I need much help in that area . . .

As for there not being many posts, well, its tough to keep the mojo going when we're not hearing anything new
                          Very true...Hopefully we'll have some new info soon

Oh so I moved onto new order...I love how when she's talking to Teal'c she's like "It's hard to keep my mind off Colonel O'Neill"

Comment

I would so write that essay And man does that ever bring up some interesting questions..... *goes off into gutter...realizes she hasn't left the gutter...*

I don't think I've ever said this before but I love Lost City...I haven't watched it in a long time but I'm watching it now...it's just such a great episode
                            - the gutter is quite addictive isn't it?

It's called . . .

RST

heehehee.

So much for staying out of the gutter today.

LOL!
                            resistance is futile.....

Comment

Very true...Hopefully we'll have some new info soon

Oh so I moved onto new order...I love how when she's talking to Teal'c she's like "It's hard to keep my mind off Colonel O'Neill"
                              Uh oh! Slipping mojo! It's time to haul out the shippy mojo sig!!! [see below]

Remember the battle cry...

We're gonna squee in movie 3!

I believe.
                              I believe.
                              I believe.
                              I believe.
                              I believe.
                              I believe.
                              I believe.
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Gotta love picspam...al though I'm more a sucker*giggles* for gif spam

I hope we get something new soon! I think it's already something that even 3 years after the show ended we're still talking about it!

I'm positive!

Just like Pol

I believe!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X