This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
    I can see you now. Rocking in that chair with a yellow shawl over your shoulders watching the bunnies play around, one of them running out, you sitting up and saying (in croaky voice) 'That's it!' Then suddenly you start tapping on that old laptop of yours.

Good times Amanda.

Good times.
    And it'll take me like a month and a half to write a mini-fic because my hands will be broken from all the typing Although wouldn't it be nice if the ship lasted that long and we can all look back and be like "hey I remember that ship...we got confirmation in that third movie and man was it worth the wait!"

To stay on topic- + =

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Congratulations, starlover, on 14,400 posts!!!

Congratulations, Alan, on 10,100 posts!!!

Congratulations, hedwig, on 6,400 posts!!!

Congratulations, Egle01, on 5,500 posts!!!

Congratulations, Blacky Kitten, on 2,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, Commander Aegir, on 400 posts!!!

Congratulations, Allie Kreek, on 100 posts!!!

Welcome, staceyde!!!
      Congratulations, Everlovin', on 7,500 posts!!!

Congratulations, gater62, on 3,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, Rocky89, on 2,000 posts!!!
      Congratulations, leiasky, on 4,100 posts!!!

Congratulations, Aveo amacus, on 3,500 posts!!!

Congratulations, Buc252, on 2,800 posts!!!

Congratulations, Regularamanda, on 1,200 posts!!!

CONGRATULATIONS
      TO EVERYONE ABOVE
      ON THEIR MILESTONES!!!!

APOLOGIES TO THOSE OF YOU I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GREEN.
      WELCOME staceyde!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Oh no....the poor Delouise brothers...

Spoiler:
        I just heard that Dom Delouise passed away this morning. It's a measure of how small our community is (the fan community) that I feel an odd almost personal loss and my first thought was, "Oh no, Peter and his brothers must be devasted.

RIP Dom, you gave us laughter for many, many years. I cannot imagine a greater legacy. Godspeed, Dom.
        Spoiler:
        Too sad... I love Urgo and I love him as an actor on other shows and he was a great comedian...
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          And it'll take me like a month and a half to write a mini-fic because my hands will be broken from all the typing Although wouldn't it be nice if the ship lasted that long and we can all look back and be like "hey I remember that ship...we got confirmation in that third movie and man was it worth the wait!"

To stay on topic- + =
          INDEED!

Thread's really been quiet today.

Wonder where everyone is?

Ok Random Q time:

This one's based on a fic recced some days ago that had me thinking. **sorry don't remember which one**

Do you think it was easier for Sam to deal with Jack when she was with Pete?

We had a couple hugs and some things that may have been considered flirty and shippy between them even though Sam was engaged.

Strange sometimes how the mind works.

But do you think it was easier for Sam to accept those gestures from Jack and be a little flirty herself.

Having an albeit false sense of security that they would have been safe since in everyone's eyes, including their own, she was committed romantically to another man?
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

INDEED!

Here, there and everywhere.

Comment

:

Ok Random Q time:

This one's based on a fic recced some days ago that had me thinking. **sorry don't remember which one**

We had a couple hugs and some things that may have been considered flirty and shippy between them even though Sam was engaged.

But do you think it was easier for Sam to accept those gestures from Jack and be a little flirty herself.

Having an albeit false sense of security that they would have been safe since in everyone's eyes, including their own, she was committed romantically to another man?
              I actually posited a while ago that Pete was an artificial construct which enabled them to be much more natural around each other. Before she started going out with Pete, she and Jack had to define their own boundaries within the confines of what was permitted by their professional relationship. Having Pete in her life was a pre-defined limitation on what a hug, or a gesture, or a look could mean, because Sam wouldn't cheat on Pete and Jack wouldn't let her even if she wanted to as they're both too honourable. So yes, absolutely, Pete enables them to be more themselves without risk of anything going too far between them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Oh no....the poor Delouise brothers...

Spoiler:
                I just heard that Dom Delouise passed away this morning. It's a measure of how small our community is (the fan community) that I feel an odd almost personal loss and my first thought was, "Oh no, Peter and his brothers must be devasted.

RIP Dom, you gave us laughter for many, many years. I cannot imagine a greater legacy. Godspeed, Dom.
                Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                Spoiler:
                Too sad... I love Urgo and I love him as an actor on other shows and he was a great comedian...
                Spoiler:
                A tragic loss. Such very sad news. He was a wonderful actor and comedian. I'll always remember him from the Cannonball Run movies and, of course, the Season 3 Stargate SG-1 episode Urgo.

My condolences go out to his family and friends at this difficult time.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

INDEED!

Watching some TV...making all the homework I've ignored during my holiday last week(and had to catch up on now) ....thinking about why we don't have an episode that is really filled with S/J ship(fluffy/happy ship)

Ok Random Q time:

Yay, Trinity question.

I think it got easier for them both to deal with each other...as we've seen in a S7 episode with Kinsey(can't remember the name atm...something like inauguration) he mentions that Sam and Jack are getting too close...I think that pressures S/J as well...because I'm sure in one way or the other they've heard what was going on...not only Kinsey will have thought like that but more people...so at the moment Sam got engaged with Pete the suspesions(sp?) people had got lower because they now think Sam is really in a commited relationship with Pete and not with Jack. This causes that Sam and Jack are more free to act towards each other...plus I do think it did take away some of the "angst" between them in a certain level...of course on another level the angst got trippled three times

So I do think they felt more safe to do things that they otherwise wouldn't have done...but since there was still such a huge UST between the two it didn't really work out and they came back on the same point...sometimes even more angstier than ever before....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
                    I actually posited a while ago that Pete was an artificial construct which enabled them to be much more natural around each other. Before she started going out with Pete, she and Jack had to define their own boundaries within the confines of what was permitted by their professional relationship. Having Pete in her life was a pre-defined limitation on what a hug, or a gesture, or a look could mean, because Sam wouldn't cheat on Pete and Jack wouldn't let her even if she wanted to as they're both too honourable. So yes, absolutely, Pete enables them to be more themselves without risk of anything going too far between them.
                    *blinks* That was deep...but very nicely said and I agree.

You know though after heros...I'd still like to know why she didn't break up with him, I understand that she thought that her and Jack still couldn't be together anyway...but her reaction in heros......I'm sorry that's just not a look that you give to someone who you just felt respect for as a friend and CO, I'm not buying that. But she did realize that can't be Jack, so I guess we should move on...not before some hero's picspam though

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Here, there and everywhere.
                      Thanks for clearing that up

Very well said.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      Watching some TV...making all the homework I've ignored during my holiday last week(and had to catch up on now) ....thinking about why we don't have an episode that is really filled with S/J ship(fluffy/happy ship)
                      Hope you got it all done.

Yay, Trinity question.

I think it got easier for them both to deal with each other...as we've seen in a S7 episode with Kinsey(can't remember the name atm...something like inauguration) he mentions that Sam and Jack are getting too close...I think that pressures S/J as well...because I'm sure in one way or the other they've heard what was going on...not only Kinsey will have thought like that but more people...so at the moment Sam got engaged with Pete the suspesions(sp?) people had got lower because they now think Sam is really in a commited relationship with Pete and not with Jack. This causes that Sam and Jack are more free to act towards each other...plus I do think it did take away some of the "angst" between them in a certain level...of course on another level the angst got trippled three times

So I do think they felt more safe to do things that they otherwise wouldn't have done...but since there was still such a huge UST between the two it didn't really work out and they came back on the same point...sometimes even more angstier than ever before....
                      True. At the beginning it did ease the angst levels but in the end they were right back where they started only now they both realized a decision had to be made.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      *blinks* That was deep...but very nicely said and I agree.

You know though after heros...I'd still like to know why she didn't break up with him
                      , I understand that she thought that her and Jack still couldn't be together anyway...but her reaction in heros......I'm sorry that's just not a look that you give to someone who you just felt respect for as a friend and CO, I'm not buying that. But she did realize that can't be Jack, so I guess we should move on...not before some hero's picspam though
                      I suppose that although she almost lost him *again* nothing had changed to allow them a relationship. He was still her CO. They were still needed in the battle against the enemy. So nothing would have been resolved then.

I do think that Grace ep really was a catalyst for Sam in many ways and why, as, Josiane or Aveo mentioned, it's recalled in Threads so many times.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

Ok Random Q time:

Nice question. Unfortunately I can't answer it because there are certain moments I blank or make-up my own alternate shippy versions of events in certain episodes of Seasons 7 and 8.

This is my mantra:

Shanahan never happened. Sam loves Jack and he loves her. Shanahan never happened. Sam loves Jack and he loves her. Shanahan never happened. Sam loves Jack and he loves her.

Comment

I suppose that although she almost lost him *again* nothing had changed to allow them a relationship. He was still her CO. They were still needed in the battle against the enemy. So nothing would have been resolved then.

I do think that Grace ep really was a catalyst for Sam in many ways and why, as, Josiane or Aveo mentioned, it's recalled in Threads so many times.
                          True but she almost lost him...as in dead...as in gone forever...that should have been a wake up call. sort of like "My heart's broken that I almost lost him...why am I dating this other guy if I have such feelings in my heart?" And then not only did she almost lose him in heros...she almost lost him *again* in Lost City... *sigh* I want to hug Jack of S7 and S8...the poor man... Thinking that Sam didn't care for him anymore...

Okay and another thing, why get engaged to another guy while you have feelings for another man? Why I ask *why*?! Now sure I understand "can't be in a relationship" thing but seriously that's not right for the potatohead thinking that he claims her heart when in reality Jack has a large part of her heart as well.

Yeah I'm rambling...sorry

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Nice question. Unfortunately I can't answer it because there are certain moments I blank or make-up my own alternate shippy versions of events in certain episodes of Seasons 7 and 8.

This is my mantra:

Shanahan never happened. Sam loves Jack and he loves her. Shanahan never happened. Sam loves Jack and he loves her. Shanahan never happened. Sam loves Jack and he loves her.

I like that!!

Comment

Hey guys! Remember several pages back I made this post:

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Hey guys! All of you here are, like me, fans of S/J ship of course and enjoy fanfic right? Well how many of you like S/J fancomics in the style of Japanese Manga-esque artwork with oodles of shippy moments? Hopefully I'm getting a raising of many hands because, last night whilst on this site called DeviantArt, I came across this Stargate SG-1 fancomic called Lust written and drawn by crimson-diablo. It is still a Work In Progress however. I've spoken to her and she's given me permission to post some links here to her comic. I've decided to post links to the cover and the first 5-pages just to tempt you. Hopefully you'll like what you see and continue to read more.

So, without further ado... Stargate SG-1: Lust by crimson-diablo:

http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com...cover-68093121

http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com...t-pg1-68170383

http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com...t-pg2-68623796

http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com...t-pg3-68953647

http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com...t-pg4-69276124

To read more please check out the rest of this on-going comic at these three gallery pages:

http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com...e-SG-1-Lust--3

http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com...e-SG-1-Lust--2

http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com...gate-SG-1-Lust

And here's a link to crimson-diablo's main page at DeviantArt: http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com/

Hopefully you'll all be impressed with this comic book as much as I was and will be adding it to your favourites/bookmarks and watching for more updates.

Again I want to say a big, HUGE thanks to crimson-diablo for allowing me to share her work with you all!

Well I'm pleased to report that the wonderful writer and artist behind Stargate SG-1: Lust - *crimson-diablo - has produced her 65th page and here's the link to it -

http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com...pg65-121567287

Hope you like it as much as I did! Please leave plenty of praise with *crimson-diablo if you do!

Comment

Alan that link is AWESOME - I LOVE her avatar, lmao, of herself sitting on the floor making her Sam and Jack toys kiss while Teal'C and Daniel lie on the floor, neglected. Awesome. How talented!

Comment

Alan that link is AWESOME - I LOVE her avatar, lmao, of herself sitting on the floor making her Sam and Jack toys kiss while Teal'C and Daniel lie on the floor, neglected. Awesome. How talented!
                                Glad you like her work as much as I have been, Solo! I was just blown out of my mind by the shippy work she was producing! And I love her avatar too! That really tickled me!
                                Everything she's produced at http://crimson-diablo.deviantart.com/ has been amazing! As you say...how talented!

Comment

Working...
                                X