This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    Yeah, I guess I'll break down and buy it too, just so I can hear RDA's dulcet tones. Mostly I want to know what they've got to say about the briefing room scene.
    Unless the scene got cut or parts of it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      Surely not I know some people don't like some of the dialogue, but it's Jack and Sam's very first meeting where we see all the instant chemistry. I'd hate to see it cut.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Surely not I know some people don't like some of the dialogue, but it's Jack and Sam's very first meeting where we see all the instant chemistry. I'd hate to see it cut.
        Plus if they cut the part where Sam mentions reproductive organs, it'd make what she said in "Moebius" and puppetSam in "200" pointless and not funny.
        sigpic

Comment

Plus if they cut the part where Sam mentions reproductive organs, it'd make what she said in "Moebius" and puppetSam in "200" pointless and not funny.
          Good point Egle

But I am wondering exactly what they have done with it I know the nudity scenes have been mentioned at some point as being 'a mistake', but they surely must have done more than that with it?

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            As if there was any doubt that I'd pick this up when its released, RDA doing a COMMENTARY?!!? Hell yeah, I'm so there the day its released!

The re-cut version of “Children of the Gods” is complete and has been delivered to MGM and Fox for distribution as a special DVD. It will include a commentary track by Brad Wright and, for the first time ever, Richard Dean Anderson. Wright noted that the story was very fresh and new to RDA, so many years after filming it. Wright believes they are in the final process of working on the DVD, but he doesn’t have a timeline for the release. The DVD will be dedicated to the memory of Don S. Davis.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...l-on-stargate/
            TPTB are so tricky! They know the re-cut version of COtg has little chance to sell well, hence they ask RDA to provide commentary! Same hoes for SGU! Smart little fellows! Maybe they'll follow with confirmation in movie 3, because we know that RDA sells well, Amanda sells well as well, but the ship will make TPTB gazzillionairs!

Comment

As much as I know the nudity's gone and some special effects will me added/re-done. And the story is gonna be slightly different. I might remember incorrectly, I'll try to find Brad's interview, where he talked about it.

Edit: All Good Things...
              Breaking the Ice (Part 2)

GW: What else gets cut or added?

BW: There's just some awkward dialogue. We call it "pipe," where you just overstated the obvious a million times. It's simply seven minutes tighter, plus a new scene, with a slightly different beginning.
              Last edited by Egle01; 06 April 2009, 05:44 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                I think it has more to do with Rick having more time available now, and he has said many times how much he misses his Stargate 'Family' Which bodes very well for SG1-3
                It does and I really like that! I mean RDA is a part of the SG universe and almost everyone loves him!( I DO) so I like it to see him in SGU and the movies...and doing commentaries...

Oooohh think of the thought of Threads with commentary of RDA and AT I would soooo buy it then *happy faint*

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                Who says he didn't give her a proper hug in Death Knell??? He even gave her a kiss!!!!!!

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1239015977

Sweet.
                He did...also in my version

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                *nods*

...If it had an RDA/AT commentary, I would have gone to the store to help them sell more
                me too...certainly with that cute boy that sales the DVDs in my shop

I don't think your post was over PG, and it was really right on the money. Still, I've heard many people mention that the stargate characters almost seem asexual, so it wouldn't hurt to show the entire range of human emotion for once. If it's well done. Not like the mile-high-club we saw in SGA.
                I agree. I think it was pushed so far in the back that sometimes you thought that they didn't thought 'bout that anymore, but it's life they progress and IMHO I think they would, at a certain moment, want someone to share their life with. We saw it happen with Sam and Pete...and now hopefully she is with Jack. They just need to be together

As for the interview from BW with the CotG stuf in it: Interview part 3- August 208
                (but it's something really short though...not much information...I'll try to look furthre for more)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sappho View Post
                  Ooh! I almost forgot: Someone I'm following on twitter was tweeting from the events in Vancouver today. According to this person, Amanda was talking about the ship during her talk today. Here's what was tweeted (by @ensredshirt): "She wants resolution in the jack sam relationship. For them to just have sex lol"

And off I go. I need to stop ignoring my family, lol.
                  Nihil nove sub sole

Comment

They won't cut that. It's a critical piece of the episode and story, and the only part where Sam has more than one or two lines in the entire two-parter.

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    TPTB are so tricky! They know the re-cut version of COtg has little chance to sell well, hence they ask RDA to provide commentary! Same hoes for SGU! Smart little fellows! Maybe they'll follow with confirmation in movie 3, because we know that RDA sells well, Amanda sells well as well, but the ship will make TPTB gazzillionairs!
                    Money talks. Especially now when there's so little of it floating around.

As much as I know the nudity's gone and some special effects will me added/re-done. And the story is gonna be slightly different. I might remember incorrectly, I'll try to find Brad's interview, where he talked about it.

Edit: All Good Things...
                    Breaking the Ice (Part 2)
                    Oh, thanks for that! A new scene? Wonderful. I'm thinking that between the nudity (two scenes, both very long) and some other redundant scenes on Abydos, they can easily come up with seven minutes without losing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                      Nihil nove sub sole
                      Under the sun or not, I'll take it any way they want to film it!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        As if there was any doubt that I'd pick this up when its released, RDA doing a COMMENTARY?!!? Hell yeah, I'm so there the day its released!

The re-cut version of “Children of the Gods” is complete and has been delivered to MGM and Fox for distribution as a special DVD. It will include a commentary track by Brad Wright and, for the first time ever, Richard Dean Anderson. Wright noted that the story was very fresh and new to RDA, so many years after filming it. Wright believes they are in the final process of working on the DVD, but he doesn’t have a timeline for the release. The DVD will be dedicated to the memory of Don S. Davis.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...l-on-stargate/

That's awesome!!! i HAVE to buy this version of Cotg, i guess i'm gonna start to save money to ship it from amazon.com

as for movie 3 : my hopes are growing everyday but i don't wanna be that happy before the time, i wanna cross the bridge when i get to it i think we are going to have our moment in there ... and honestly after all those years of waiting ...
                        maybe a PG warning:
                        Spoiler:
                        i wouldn't mind to see them in bed i mean: Sam slept with and she doesn't even loved him, why not with O'Neill that she have been liking for all those years ... let's face it ... there is a big UST around it

that's it, no more to add for today

*rouns out*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                          This is good news Though there is one thing that bothers me (only one thing...alright so the second is the no confirmation part) So as much as I want to see
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam in Jack's bed
                          during the third movie (spoilered because its probably a little over PG)
                          Spoiler:
                          Their relationship is so much more then just that. Now granted that's a huge part of 99.9% of adult relationships but on the other hand that's not all there is to love. It's about the emotional connection that the two have. That they have faced life and death together, and that each one has suffered so much and that through it all they've prevailed and they deserve each other after all they've been through.
                          *end rant* This is in no way directed to AT though!
                          I totally agree with your rant. While I'd love to see something a little bit (**cough - gutterish - cough**), there is so much more to a relationship than that. So I guess I'd like to see both???

[from Rachel-Kree]
                          That's awesome!!! i HAVE to buy this version of Cotg, i guess i'm gonna start to save money to ship it from amazon.com

as for movie 3 : my hopes are growing everyday but i don't wanna be that happy before the time, i wanna cross the bridge when i get to it i think we are going to have our moment in there ... and honestly after all those years of waiting ...
                          maybe a PG warning:

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          i wouldn't mind to see them in bed i mean: Sam slept with and she doesn't even loved him, why not with O'Neill that she have been liking for all those years ... let's face it ... there is a big UST around it

*runs out*
                          TOTALLY agrees with the part in spoilers!
                          Last edited by hedwig; 06 April 2009, 07:00 AM.

Comment

awesome banner by jumble!

Alert is now set at

DEFCON LEVEL 1

Schedule
                            April 8 Stargate the movie and Children of the Gods
                            April 10 The Enemy Within
                            April 13 Emancipation
                            April 15 The Broca Divide
                            April 17 The First Commandment
                            April 20 Cold Lazarus
                            April 22 The Nox and Brief Candle
                            April 24 Thor’s Hammer and The Torment of Tantalus
                            April 27 Bloodlines and Fire and Water
                            April 29 Hathor
                            May 1 Singularity and Cor-Ai
                            May 4 Enigma
                            May 6 Solitudes
                            May 8 Tin Man
                            May 11 There but for the Grace of God
                            May 13 Politics and Within the Serpent’s Grasp

The discussion will take place on the Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread and starts at noon EST and runs 2-3 days until the next one begins.

Dust off your DVDs and join in! If you're in the US you can also watch the episodes on hulu.com
                            Mine need no dusting off. They get used so frequently, dust doesn't stand a chance anywhere near them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sappho View Post
                              Ooh! I almost forgot: Someone I'm following on twitter was tweeting from the events in Vancouver today. According to this person, Amanda was talking about the ship during her talk today. Here's what was tweeted (by @ensredshirt): "She wants resolution in the jack sam relationship. For them to just have sex lol"
                              Tweet? Is there a link where I could read rest of the... tweets?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post

maybe a PG warning:
                                Spoiler:

*rouns out*
                                I so agree with the part in the spoilers...
                                Spoiler:
                                if they did it with why not with Jack? It would be fair...

and it gives us a lot of things for perfect new artworks and all
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X