This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    Yeah...it's not just the ship that's bad now...its...EVERYTHING!

The Ori are boring
    The Jaffa are boring
    The Ancient...camelot...thingy is boring
    Daniel's an Ass
    Teal'c wallpaper
    Sam's a toy
    Vala's a slut
    Landry's a...well...different
    Mitchell's a bit dim
    Lam's a bit wooden
    Jack's a figment of my imagination
    Jonas is a figment of my imagination
    Hammond's a figment of my imagination
    Janets dead
    Cassie's gone

could it actually BE any worse?
    Jacob
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      I agree that the stories (S9) are pretty lame ..a bit boring and they seem to spend a lot of time at SGC ..and ususally I don't like those kind of episodes .

I actually rewatched "Jolinar's memory" last night ..It was on Sky One and on as I was wrapping Christmas presents ...and I just have to say ..try to beat an episode like the Jolinar Arc or the Tokra arc!!!! Nothing like that in season 9 ..I think it's impossible .

Jolinar's memory is a fantastic episode ...great team interaction , off world , action , good dramatic scenery, Spooky , scary with all those voices ..great use of Flashbacks for Sam's past with her dad .., great use of flashbacks for Jolinar and Bernard ( the ugly goaould)...great concern from Jack to Sam ..ect ... What a fantastic episode to watch ..the continued part of the story is as good with the return of Apophis , the torture ..the great escape ...and back to base ...WOW .
      Some episode that was

Caty
      I think with
      Spoiler:
      Jacob's demise the Tok'ra arc is toast
      I watched Heroes again the other night and my husband came in to watch it with me (home early from teaching night classes). When it was over we both agreed that the series could have ended with that episode. I was surer then that Jack and Sam would be together. After that hug, dumping the Spud was a forgone conclusion and these heroic people would prevail. (Movie to follow!!)
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

That would have been a fabulous, poignant, though slightly sad way to end SG1. But I would say heroes was a brilliantly made episode. Far better than most of their season finales. Lost City semi-excluded.
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Lost City was, to me, the pinnacle of Stargate...the huge seven year build up to that one episode, and it was amazing...

...and then New Order...

New Order indeed.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yes Well.

Comment

Lost City was, to me, the pinnacle of Stargate...the huge seven year build up to that one episode, and it was amazing...

...and then New Order...

New Order indeed.
              New Order could have been so much better. Hey that whole season could have been better-it was so disjointed and so disconnected-if they were attempting to have their regime change that would have been the season to do it-but they put together an extremely convulted season.

They made poor use of their writers, their actors, their concept-and having been able to put RDA in almost every episode-they really made poor use of his time.
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                I saw some caps for Sam's and Rodney's scenes in GUP
                Spoiler:
                maybe it's just me but because this is Rodney's hallucination and Sam and Rodney have NO way ever of a Real Time relationship, the pix are campy, silly, funny, goofy. No $x tension at all for me. Thank goodness.
                Because MY LAST STRAW is Sam in a Real Time romantic interest. But, I know she's with Jack so I hold on to that thought.

I honestly don't see TPTB purposefully trying to disrespect any fan base---shipper, thunker, action/adventure, etc. I don't agree with the INTERRUPTION in the Sam and Jack story arc. Actually, downright sweeping it away till-----I don't know when. I don't like the new story line----yet. My opinions and feelings are colored by my MISSING Jack and Sam's and Jack's story!! I cope by celebrating the Sam and Jack Ship we have in canon, reading the terrific fanfic stories, and playing here in the Thread.

I HOPE that TPTB give us some on-screen confirmation of Sam's and Jack's relationship. If RDA returns for scenes, that will be GREAT. If they have non-RDA scenes, like Sam on a one-way phone conversation with Jack or talking to Daniel and Teal'c about Jack, well, I will accept that. I'm not rolling over and giving up, I'm facing the reality.

TPTB are struggling to get the show through Season 10. Too bad they are making some poor choices. I.just.won't.watch.

Please come celebrate Shipmas Day with Sam and Jack on Sunday, December 18!!!
                Nell, you read my mind. This is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing.
                always and forever
                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

...and then New Order...

New Order indeed.
                  Me too. The best thing about season 8 can be summed up in a single word...Threads
                  always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                    Me too. The best thing about season 8 can be summed up in a single word...Threads
                    Yes. That was the redeeming point of season 8. *Almost* made it worthwhile.

Comment

I thought s8 was...okay...nothing brilliant...

but it was a complete let down after the build up in Lost City
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I thought s8 was...okay...nothing brilliant...

but it was a complete let down after the build up in Lost City
                        True and I agree with you about s8-especially the middle parts. But I get the impression that TPTB were utterly convinced there wasn't going to be a season 8, that they went all out with Lost City. It would have been very difficult to improve on that. Thus, by the season 8 finale, they weren't even trying to better LC, so they thought they'd do something entirely different. I'm not sure that Moebius is the way that I would have gone with it though...
                        always and forever

Comment

Moebius was a really interesting concept. I just think it got a little confusing. Especially as we no longer have the real SG1 and all that crazy mind boggling stuff. Shoulda kept it slightly simpler.

I.E. Lot's of ship and a bit of shooting. Couple of aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Moebius was a really interesting concept. I just think it got a little confusing. Especially as we no longer have the real SG1 and all that crazy mind boggling stuff. Shoulda kept it slightly simpler.

I.E. Lot's of ship and a bit of shooting. Couple of aliens.
                            I agree that it was an interesting concept (I must read up on the Moebius Strip) and you have to admire them for taking it on. There were more than enough ideas to fill a 2 hour plus feature film.

I've probably given you all the idea that I didn't like the episode-I actually did like it. It just seemed a strange-but adventurous-way-to possible end the series.

Was it just me, or did the ship feel a bit...I don't know...odd in these episodes. Not just because it was an AU/alternate timeline thingy. It just felt diifferent. I suppose that's because it was more overt than usual.
                            always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                              I must congratulate TPTB for setting the shipper against each other! Bravo! People I would never thought would have gone at each other did tonight! I came home started to read the thread and what did I see, friend going after friend. They won, we lost! Is everyone happy now! Sam is going to sc--- McKay and every other male in SG and Atlantis. They killed Jack off and everything we watched for 8 years was bull----! Now that I have that off my chest, can we stop trying to scare everyone off the thread and support each other's opinions and try to make this a place, where we can relax and have a good time. The heck with what they are writing! I know I'm going to have rocks tossed at me but after 18 hours up, I don't care anymore! Can we just act stupid and have a good time together! End of rant!
                              Yup!

Comment

I'm here! I'm playing!

I vented then posted shippy link!

Okay everyone...ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

To stop us all from getting depressed....

PLEASE POST LINKS TO SHIPPY ART/VIDS/FUNNY FICS ETC AT THE END OF EVERY VENTING POST!

Then make a post about the link you've just given us, telling us why we should/watch/look/read it.

How does that sound?
                                Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                                X