Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the big difference, isn't it? Had it been a female imagining a bloke (like J/S in Grace), then it wouldn't be a half naked scene. As soon as women are involved, hello, undress, roof raising ratings.

Torri is gorgeous, especially no she has longer hair, but you're right, trupi. They don't degrade her in the same way.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
      Well Marie Curie would be a start.

Seriously-i know that she boths entices and scares him. He is most probably very confused by the different emotions she sets up in him-but really...

Sam didn't envision Jack in a speedo. She pretty much faced her demons-even Jack in this episode. And having them mirror Grace exactly would have been a cheap trick. But one would hope that Rodney would have grown up-some. To objectify a woman that he is both attracted to and afraid of in a way I personally find to be degrading is just , well, bizzarre.

Just like with Vala, I get what they are trying to do-I understand the story-it doesn't mean I have to like it-and I don't. Now, understanding that I am only basing this on feedback-I may be way way off base and will most probably have to eat my words when it shows in the states-but I can tell you that I my advanced age-i find it demeaning to the character. How the actor or actress feels about it-well, they did it as it was written..And as it wasn't really "Sam" in this halucination-it was demeaning to Rodney.

It would have funnier if he imaged Cavanaugh or Zalenka or even Sheppard-but because Rodney felt so intimidated by Sam-her looks and her intelligence that he had to imagine her a half-naked siren like seductor-well... what else can I say?
      I wouldn't do that to Marie Curie!
      sigpic

Comment

Rosemary - yep...Rodney's the one coming off looking bad in this ep...and it's a shame because I love the McKay character...

...Personally...I think it would have been funnier if Beckett or Ronon had appeared...
        Spoiler:
        since he's a bit, well...wary of Ronon, and is still recovering from THAT kiss
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

That would have been funny. Or if Carter had transformed into Weir, or someone random halfway through the kiss.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lookie at my ff.net word count!

You are on the favorites list of 42 members.

You are on the author alert list of 116 members.

You have submitted a total of 452 signed reviews.

Total words archived : 103,880 words.

Avg. number of words per entry : 3,463.
            Yay!

http://www.stargate-intel.net/~suekay04
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Guys please stop getting upset! It's McKay's dream, not Sam's. I don't remember people getting upset when that other scientist (Balcher-whatever) imagied kissing her and then imagied her fighting another woman over him. Don't watch it, if it's going to upset you, but please don't let TPTB get the pleasure watching us guys crying over it! That might be the affect they want!
              Yeah...I'm not getting what the fuss is. I just watched Grace Under Pressure and it was just delightful...some great Delusion!Sam moments...some of which the real Sam would actually say...but the scene between them that people are upset about is completely in context.

If it really were Sam, that'd be one thing...but being as it was a figment of McKay's imagination, I just enjoyed it as another AU like version of Carter. BTW, something important here
              Spoiler:
              as a part of his subconscious, she was trying to distract him from making a very bad mistake with the jumper...and THAT'S why she hit on him. Further, the fact that she hit on him was what clued him in that she wasn't doing it to "please him" but rather to distract him from making a mistake...because even his fantasy of her isn't interested in him that way. Of course, being McKay, he does the stupid thing anyway...and of course, it failed miserably...but the point is, he knew something was wrong because earlier she rebuffed him and wouldn't take her shirt off for him...which is why he called her the "worst fantasy ever."

So it wasn't like the Grace kiss that was filled with pent up feelings and love...this was purely his subconscious trying to
              Spoiler:
              keep him from doing something dumb. Which he does anyway.

I just enjoyed it for what it was...a fun way to have some scenes between Amanda and David, that have zero bearing on either Sam's character or on ship.

Further, this is all McKay's fantasy, not Sam's. The real Carter is a galaxy away, fantasizing about someone else. Sorry Rodney.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Sam-fantasizing about someone else? Golly gee whiz Batman-who on earth (or DC)would she be thunking about?
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Gah. Hate to disagree with you Uber, but shipper issues completely aside, GUP was one of the worst written episodes I've ever watched for either SG-1 or Atlantis. Much pretension at erudition with zero actual substance and followup. IMHO, it was neither clever nor intelligent (nor particularily funny). The only thing I can laud as good about that episode was the acting and the chemistry between the two actors themselves. Were it not for the actors and the way they played their scenes, I think I'd probably have fallen asleep. Amanda's facial expressions and her reaction(s) to Rodney were priceless. As were his to her. But when you can completely remove all the dialogue from an episode and watch it in silence while still retaining all the elements you like about it (being they come solely from the actors themselves), then the dialogue(writing) is severely and sorely lacking. Well, imho, anyway.

To put it bluntly .... GUP sucked. It blew. P.U.

Meh.
                  mini(the disillusioned)geek

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                    That's what bothers me about this-- I wouldn't mind so much
                    Spoiler:
                    McKay imagining things about Sam, but this take off on Grace--where Sam imagines that hot kiss with Jack. That kiss is sacred to shippers. And even using "Grace" in the title of the episode! Yuk! And imaginary Sam will not be fully clothed. Did Sam imagine a shirtless Jack? I can dream, can't I?
                    And what bothers me is that the writers are so bereft of ideas they steal from themselves.
                    What I would like to see is
                    Spoiler:
                    Jack rearrange McKay's face for kissing his wife
                    sigpic
                    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      SES it is in my humble opinion that seasn 10 will be Jack? Jack who? Did we have a character by the name of Jack in our show?

These guys have played fast and loose with the shows' history before, so it wouldn't suprise me if Jack O'Neill was a fig newton of our imagination.
                      Who is this 'Jack' person? Do you remember what episode he was in?
                      sigpic
                      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                        Who is this 'Jack' person? Do you remember what episode he was in?
                        you know I have been asking myself this question quite a lot lately?

anybody on the list know of whom we speak?
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

"Stargate Barbie slutting round the Universe"
                          I thought that's what Vala was for??
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            We never got to see Jack's fantasy of Sam, .
                            Oh but wouldn't it be fun! I can't help but think about Jack's reaction to the posibility of two Carters and he has let us know of his dreams of mining naked and of twins!!
                            sigpic

Comment

AU Carter and Real U Carter and mining naked.

Hmm! Verrrrrry Interesting. But .....strange

Comment

Naked Mining...

of all the things to dream about....

....depends on the definition of 'mining'

sorry...my bad
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X