This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jafacakes
    My trouble is that if TPTB thought they closed the ship then they forgot to tell the oficial Stargate magazine reporters and all the fans who still don't see it. So until there is no room for doubts , until I stop feeling delusional by some sectors of fandom for believing that they are together on some level, until it is aknoledged black on with in the oficial magazine because of something we saw in an episode and not someone's opinion, until then, I don't think anything is resolved.
    I'd green you for this, if the green was working!!!!! I agree, although I do believe they're together. I believe that's what they wanted us to believe. Now, they need to tell everyone else!!!

Ya know, the ironic thing about it is, if they had tied Sam & Jack up in a nice ribbon and had presented them to us as an interlocked present.....and explained Jack's whereabouts.....I'd be working a lot harder at learning to like Cam and Vala. As it is, I feel cheated, snarky and surly.....and although I don't hate Cam, I don't have any great affection for him either.....because he hasn't exhibited the skills to lead the team!!!!!

As to Vala.....oy vey! The decision to make that character a member of the team concerns me more than any other decision they've made. I worry that soon, the show will resemble that horrible, campy Cleopatra 2525 debacle.....not the rich, finely woven tapestry that I've come to appreciate and love over the past eight years.

Bottom line: The transition was so poorly handled that it's no wonder we feel the way we do. I can't fathom why they thought we'd accept it the way it was presented. I'm still baffled by that. It could have been managed so much better! If they'd approached it differently, they could have kept us AND pulled in the new fans.....and they might be showing some real ratings gains now.....instead of just breaking even!

Gee.....didn't mean to be so negative. Still hoping the second half of S9 will be better than we think! Gotta go make pumpkin cheesecake for tomorrow's big family party. I'll be out of town and offline for the day, but back tomorrow night or Friday! Happy Thanksgiving to all the American shippers.....and happy Thursday to the rest of the shippers!
    Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 23 November 2005, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      I'd green you for this, if the green was working!!!!! I agree, although I do believe they're together. I believe that's what they wanted us to believe. Now, they need to tell everyone else!!!

Ya know, the ironic thing about it is, if they had tied Sam & Jack up in a nice ribbon and had presented them to us as an interlocked present.....and explained Jack's whereabouts.....I'd be working a lot harder at learning to like Cam and Vala. As it is, I feel cheated, snarky and surly.....and although I don't hate Cam, I don't have any great affection for him either.....because he hasn't exhibited the skills to lead the team!!!!!

As to Vala.....oy vey! The decision to make that character a member of the team concerns me more than any other decision they've made. I worry that soon, the show will resemble that horrible, campy Cleopatra 2525 debacle.....not the rich, finely woven tapestry that I've come to appreciate and love over the past eight years.

Bottom line: The transition was so poorly handled that it's no wonder we feel the way we do. I can't fathom why they thought we'd accept it the way it was presented. I'm still baffled by that. It could have been managed so much better! If they'd approached it differently, they could have kept us AND pulled in the new fans.....and they might be showing some real ratings gains now.....instead of just breaking even!

Gee.....didn't mean to be so negative. Still hoping the second half of S9 will be better than we think! Gotta go make pumpkin cheesecake for tomorrow's big family party. I'll be out of town and offline for the day, but back tomorrow night or Friday! Happy Thanksgiving to all the American shippers.....and happy Thursday to the rest of the shippers!
      Having problems with GW also ( did the same thing this afternoon, had triples)
      . I totally agree with your posts. There is nothing wrong with writing letters (only if you are not happy with something within the show). The polls are inflated and they are trying to make it look like, we're the ones that are crazy, the people who have supported their show right along.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz

A THANKSGIVING POEM

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING, I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP
        I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS, I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED - THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE
        BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION
        THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR
        AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.

I GOBBLED UP
        TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
        PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
        'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY
        WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....
        HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR
        TURKEY BE PLUMP.
        MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP,

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
        MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

AND MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING BE BLESSED!!

Poz

Lmao, this is a great poem! Great job

Comment

Okay I just posted an ÜBERSHIPPY question on the Ask Joe thread. Feel free to back me up there...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, Shippers, from Sam & Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Okay I just posted an ÜBERSHIPPY question on the Ask Joe thread. Feel free to back me up there...

What was the queston?!!

I watched Tangent last night on DVD - did anyone else think that the bit at the end with Jack in the glider was sooo shippy?? Even if he didn't know what he was doing because of oxygen deprivation - it was soo sweet!!

Oh and sort of off topic but how come SG1 suddenly has Pegasus Galaxy wormholes??

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, Shippers, from Sam & Jack!
                SG-1Fanintn, I was about to post the same pick... but well, it's Thanksgiving and it's OK to have a pic per page .... will you keep some left overs for me...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING SHIPPERS!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                  The event will be in a Baltimore suburb north of the city. So, closer to you driving distance wise. About 90 minutes from me. It will be great to have one-half of our favorite couple present. I know there are other Shippers and Samandans who will be going if Amanda appears. I hope they will be selling the Jack and Sam wedding picture. Yes, I have lost all control. I have my RDA photo now I want more!!!
                  Nell, Baltimore, NYC, Seacacus.... why one when we can have them all

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

UBER, Nell... Way to go girls with your questions!!!!!.....

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz

A THANKSGIVING POEM

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING, I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP
                    I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS, I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED - THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE
                    BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION
                    THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR
                    AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.

I GOBBLED UP
                    TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
                    PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
                    'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY
                    WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....
                    HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR
                    TURKEY BE PLUMP.
                    MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP,

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
                    MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

AND MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING BE BLESSED!!

Poz

Wanted to post this wonderful poem from Poz again!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO THE SAM/JACK SHIPPER FAMILY!
                    No matter where you are in the world I give thanks we'er together as a family!
                    sigpic

Comment

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Geez.....is the green jello ever going to be fixed? It's been out almost a week!
                      I really miss the green jello!

Divcon, great to see you here! The Ship Family has missed you!

Belated Happy Birthdays to Cathain & Poz!

And Congratulations, Carolina, on 1,000 posts!

A-c-c-k-k-k! I'm so far behind!
                      Sorry, but we're not going to see a wedding with S/J in it at all. It won't be with her in a white dress or both in their dress blues. It isn't going to happen. As many have said before TPTB couldn't care less about the fans from the Season 1 - 8 show. They feel they've got bigger, better fish to fry with their Fargate fans. They've got more colorful characters (shallow), less restictions (forget the uniforms) and as many off color jokes they can come up with.

Comment

I have a question-If Carter's father died because Selmek dying was poisoning his body, why didn't Carter die when Jolinar died? Wouldn't she have polluted Sam's body with her remains?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                          I have a question-If Carter's father died because Selmek dying was poisoning his body, why didn't Carter die when Jolinar died? Wouldn't she have polluted Sam's body with her remains?
                          Ya know, I wondered about that, too. Somebody knows the answer. Maybe we need to re-watch Threads! Yeah, that's a good idea.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                            Ya know, I wondered about that, too. Somebody knows the answer. Maybe we need to re-watch Threads! Yeah, that's a good idea.
                            I think Jacob said that it needed a conscious effort from the symbiote not to release the toxin that would eventualy kill him. Jolinar could do it for Sam, but Selmak was in a coma and couldn't fix this.

Happy Thanksgiving to You !
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (well, everyone in the U.S., anyway) Just thought I'd pop in to say that.

Talk amongst yourselves. And Happy Shipping!
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                I think Jacob said that it needed a conscious effort from the symbiote not to release the toxin that would eventualy kill him. Jolinar could do it for Sam, but Selmak was in a coma and couldn't fix this.

Happy Thanksgiving to You !
                                ((((Lys)))) Bonjour!!! Comment ca va?? Je suis tres bien!! I knew somebody had the answer. I'm still going to watch it. I need some Sam and Jack shippy scenes after Thanksgiving dinner!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X