This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
    Wow, I've read the last pages and I don't know how to react... rbut I can say that I love Stargate SG-1 it is and will always be one of my favorite shows... I try not to miss a SciFi Monday and whenever it's on even though I have all Seasons on DVD I can't stop watching, buy now I know every moment, every step, what the actors thougth, what the writers wrote, what the directors wanted to achieve, it's a show that had action, great storylines, standalone episodes and best of all, great, great characters and relations... the bonus, it had Ship!

Now, for me SG-1 ended in S8...

S9, S10, S11 is another show that I happen to like too, as another show, is it my number 1 show? No... do I run every Friday night to watch it...? No, but it's still a good show, I still like it and I will still keep watching.

Regarding the Ship, well for me the Ship arrived and is here to stay we did not have our on-screen moments, but we know they are together, everything points towards it, is there anything that says the contrary?

So I thank TPTB for giving me 8 wonderfull years, I thank RDA for sticking so long, I thank the actors for staying around... I even thank MS for coming back! and in this thanking note and come backs...

(((((Oma)))), (((((Mad_Gater))))), ((((((Wynter))))))... well come back!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are here to stay to
    (((L4J))) Sometimes it's scary how you type exactly what I'm thinking! Although it does save me the bother

OT for a mo .... Thanks and ((((((Big Hugs))))))) everyone who has pm'd or emailed me in the last few days! I feel a bit of a heel for not getting back to everyone individually, but time is just so elusive at the mo. To answer all your questions:

1. I'm fine - just completely cream crackered! Life is far too busy - and the phone won't stop ringing when I'm trying to have an afternoon nap!
    2. Baby is doing great, due around Valentine's Day (yes, hubby still wants to call him Jack - assuming it's not a girl )
    3. Reason for my absence - see #1. I usually visit when the kids are in bed and all is quiet. These days I'm hurrying them into bed so I can go too
    4. I promise I'll try to be here more! I miss the family and the S/J chatter.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      spoilers for s8's citizen joe

it was joe's reaction. all of joe's reactions were joe's in that ep.

sally
      That was my reaction too! Although I didn't cry in the rubbish outside the house, I sat demurely on my sofa I guess its my connection with all of the characters makes me still want to watch S9 & 10. And that eternal fount of hope for all snippets shippy.

As far as Vala goes, I find her amusing - in the same way I did McKay when he first showed up. IE taken with a huge pinch of salt and not at all seriously. Now McKay has more character and I love him to bits. Hopefully tptb will give Vala a character since she going to be around more. But I did think the
      Spoiler:
      burning scene
      last week was very crass. I'd forgotten it was coming and had let the kids watch with me. My 5 year old was traumatised. She's adamant that she's not going to watch anymore Stargate on TV now - just the DVDs. I know some of you can relate to that!
      sigpic

Comment

Oma-I dunnno-you still can call the baby Jack. (jacqueline)

*off to crawl back under my rock-
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
          Wow, I've read the last pages and I don't know how to react... rbut I can say that I love Stargate SG-1 it is and will always be one of my favorite shows... I try not to miss a SciFi Monday and whenever it's on even though I have all Seasons on DVD I can't stop watching, buy now I know every moment, every step, what the actors thougth, what the writers wrote, what the directors wanted to achieve, it's a show that had action, great storylines, standalone episodes and best of all, great, great characters and relations... the bonus, it had Ship!

Now, for me SG-1 ended in S8...

S9, S10, S11 is another show that I happen to like too, as another show, is it my number 1 show? No... do I run every Friday night to watch it...? No, but it's still a good show, I still like it and I will still keep watching.

Regarding the Ship, well for me the Ship arrived and is here to stay we did not have our on-screen moments, but we know they are together, everything points towards it, is there anything that says the contrary?

So I thank TPTB for giving me 8 wonderfull years, I thank RDA for sticking so long, I thank the actors for staying around... I even thank MS for coming back! and in this thanking note and come backs...

(((((Oma)))), (((((Mad_Gater))))), ((((((Wynter))))))... well come back!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are here to stay to
          ((((((((((((LOL4JACK)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

thanks for the welcome backxx

i agree with you 100% i would like a spin off of just sam and jack to show how they might have got together
          Maybe if all the shippers got together donated some money do you think they would ((((nah not even we could raise the money i suppose)))

Could you imagine just one episode all for sam and jack!!I would give up chocolate for life and television if they did!!!!

oh well will have to stick to dreaming as usual.

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Welcome Oma and Wynter back to the thread! Oma far as the burning scene, Lynn's daughter freaked out and had nightmares for a week. Lynn spoke with CJ at the convention about the issue and as a parent he understood 100% and said he would relay the message back to the writters. As far a RDA he was getting over the flu and his ankle was giving him trouble during the filming (broke it on a skateboard accident).
            sigpic

Comment

YES!!!

and i also noticed a wonderful question on joe's thread about a sam/jack wedding for the 200th ep in season 10. yeah, baby!!

sally
              And was there a wonderful answer to go with that wonderful question?????

Just wanted to show you one of the TV headlines on www.comcast.net today:

To get to the full story, follow the link above, choose "TV" from the menu on the left and advance the photos until you come to this one. But it's nothing you don't already know. In fact, the headline, "What can fans expect?" is misleading unless you've been under a rock for the last few months!

Comment

Welcome back, Ship Nana, Oma-1, mad_gater & wynter!
                You've all been missed very much!

spoilers for s9's (can't remember ep) - some ep from season 9!
                Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

ROTFLOL!!!!! Exactly! That's one of the things that's out of place:
                Spoiler:

the team "leader" touching things before anyone has had time to evaluate the consequences!!!
                i like the way you stated that. i can't see jack or sam doing something like that, but then again, jack had years of leadership to fall back on, and sam had years of jack's mentoring to fall back on.

sally
                Which was exactly my point. I like BB, I liked John Crichton and I wanted to like Cam Mitchell. I'm sad that I really don't, so far. But my real issue is the transition. TPTB just didn't prepare me properly for life without Jack...
                Spoiler:
                and it goes against Stargate canon for someone who has never been through the gate to be appointed team leader. People without proper training make mistakes that more seasoned professionals don't. Leadership is built through experience. Mitchell would have made a great team member if he had been brought in as a subordinate officer. What they've done is just all wrong.
                Sorry to be so negative. I don't mean to be. I just can't fathom any logical reason why they chose to go this route.
                i wasn't thrilled by the renewal. i'm thinking it has more to do with *10 seasons of stargate!* bragging rights than anything else. and i 'do' love the idea of sg1 hitting that mark, but there has to be a LOT of improvements to make it something to be proud of. and i mean the show's substance to be worth being proud of.

but like i've said before, i'll still give it a try. as long as sam remains, so do i. and if we get a little sam/jack wedding as a 200th ep gift... i'll die a happy woman!

sally
                Amen, sister majorsal! Amen!

Comment

Oh, yes, one more thing before I go:

U stands for the Undying Love that Sam & Jack have for each other.....

Comment

V is for Vixen...

Well...that's gotta be Sam, because she's got her Silver Haired Fox hasn't she
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hey guy's

Just a fly-by-post as I am not staying on long 'cos I am feeling a bit under the weather (probably didn't help that I was just stuck in the rain, waiting for a bus, with no umbrella ).

So have I missed much???

Well I can see that I missed the big old news that Stargate is going for its 10th season. You know I am not sure what to think about this yet. I mean so far season 9 has been ok and I do like it. But I am just not as excited anymore. I only just watched Origin today 'cos last night a few friends decided to take me to watch Corpse bride and then drinks for an early birthday treat . To me SG-1 ended at season 8 and season 9 is a totally different show (a good show though). I just miss Sam and Jack (and the ship of course ). I think it will get a bit better for me once Sam comes back! So on the season 10 front, I am still on two minds of what to think. I am happy that Atlantis is back for another year though!

But anyway, Stargate is still and will always be my fav show! And Sam and Jack are together, forever!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

W is for Window of Opportunity.....the ep where Jack got to plop a proper kiss on Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                          Welcome Oma and Wynter back to the thread! Oma far as the burning scene, Lynn's daughter freaked out and had nightmares for a week. Lynn spoke with CJ at the convention about the issue and as a parent he understood 100% and said he would relay the message back to the writters. As far a RDA he was getting over the flu and his ankle was giving him trouble during the filming (broke it on a skateboard accident).
                          He broke his ankle while saving his daughter. He called it a "wagoning incident." I don't know if wagoning is another term for skateboarding or not. I certainly never heard it called that. But it could be.
                          sigpic

Comment

(((((((Tracey)))))))

I'm kinda in the same boat as you...but s9 is showing signs of mediocrity and proverbial 'barrel scraping' the likes of which we've never seen before...
                            sigpic

Comment

Just spoke to Gatebee on the phone again
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                Just spoke to Gatebee on the phone again
                                How is she? Does she know anything about how her home weathered the storm?

Comment

Working...
                                X