Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you mean 1.5 hours away? Because it's currently 10:30 PM on the East Coast, and I thought it was starting at 12.
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      It's only two hours away...
      lll
      http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...givinginv1.jpg
      lll
      See you there!!!
      Oh wow, is it that time already?

EDIT: Oops! Size! Sorry!

Comment

Another post-Edora fic that I enjoy: Where the Heart Is
        sigpic
        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Oh dang! Am I missing Shipgiving!? Drat!
          sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to Shipgiving! Can't wait!
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I gotta get to bed

(((((family))))))

'nite

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                It's only two hours away...
                lll
                http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...givinginv1.jpg
                lll
                See you there!!!
                Dude! I keep forgetting! Will there be turkey? Cranberry sauce?

SGA/ship/Sanctuary

Spoiler:
                SGA...well...how 'bout that confirmation? Brooke, the shipper she is, is gonna have a cow! J-Rod(or whatever they call it) is not really my cup of tea, but I think Jenn will be good for Rod.

AND I am sure I saw an unas on Sanctuary tonight!

Comment

I've got a fic question.

Are we ever told specifically that Sam can't cook? I've read fics where she can cook and fics where she can't, and I was going to write a fic, but I need to know if she can cook. I'll have to tweak stuff around if it's canon that she can't cook.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                    I've got a fic question.

Are we ever told specifically that Sam can't cook? I've read fics where she can cook and fics where she can't, and I was going to write a fic, but I need to know if she can cook. I'll have to tweak stuff around if it's canon that she can't cook.
                    In Emancipation she said she was a lousy cook...but I do know at some point she said she could make a mean souffle. Forsaken I think. I think she might be a bit like me. She can cook well enough not to starve and have decent enough meals, but sure ain't no chef!

Comment

I've got a fic question.

I don't think so. It's just the fans. In fact, the writers implied that she can cook. (making sufle for Teal'c's moving in party, and making macaroons for Mitchell).

Could be that people thought she was too perfect in everything so she had to have something she's not good at.
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                        In Emancipation she said she was a lousy cook...but I do know at some point she said she could make a mean souffle. Forsaken I think. I think she might be a bit like me. She can cook well enough not to starve and have decent enough meals, but sure ain't no chef!
                        Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                        I don't think so. It's just the fans. In fact, the writers implied that she can cook. (making sufle for Teal'c's moving in party, and making macaroons for Mitchell).

Could be that people thought she was too perfect in everything so she had to have something she's not good at.
                        Hmmm...Maybe she's just good at making desserts?

Would it be too much of a stretch for her to cook a turkey? Because that isn't very hard at all. I've made 2 turkeys on my own, and the first time I just had my grandfather telling me what he usually does over the phone. And you can usually tell when it's cooked, since it gets that nice brown on the outside. So would that be too much of a stretch do you think?

I want the story I'm writing to be something that won't get nitpicked if I have Sam cook a turkey, but if that might be a stretch, I'll have to have someone else make the turkey, which would really change my story.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...Maybe she's just good at making desserts?

Would it be too much of a stretch for her to cook a turkey? Because that isn't very hard at all. I've made 2 turkeys on my own, and the first time I just had my grandfather telling me what he usually does over the phone. And you can usually tell when it's cooked, since it gets that nice brown on the outside. So would that be too much of a stretch do you think?

I want the story I'm writing to be something that won't get nitpicked if I have Sam cook a turkey, but if that might be a stretch, I'll have to have someone else make the turkey, which would really change my story.
                          If I can cook a turkey, Sam can cook a turkey. Of course, my turkey didn't end up tasting like mama's...but it was still edible! I don't really think it's a stretch. All you do is stick it in the oven and it cooks....right?

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but we're below the Jack/Daniel thread!!!

Of course, we'll probably stay that way until after Shipsgiving...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                              If I can cook a turkey, Sam can cook a turkey. Of course, my turkey didn't end up tasting like mama's...but it was still edible! I don't really think it's a stretch. All you do is stick it in the oven and it cooks....right?
                              LOL!!!!! Thanks!! Now Sam can cook the turkey in my fic!

And well...Ummm...Personally, I add stuff to my turkey (sage, rosemary, oregano, possibly a few other things, and oil) but you can just stick it in the oven! And you've got to set it to the right temp and cook it the right time (about 30 minutes for every pound) for it to cook right, but essentially yes, you stick it in the oven and it cooks, lol!!!

EDIT: T-3 minutes till Shipsgiving!!!!!
                              Last edited by TrueRomantic; 21 November 2008, 08:02 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good evening, Ship Family!!!
                                lll
                                For the next 24 hours, the party has moved here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...84#post9272084
                                lll
                                Let's celebrate Shipsgiving 2008!

Comment

Working...
                                X