This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    Getting back together? They never even split up that was one rumour taken out of context.

YAY ON THE NEW PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hi suekay,
    what i meant was ARE they getting together i was just too excited by being back online after all this while.
    From what i hav been reading it dosen't sound that good!

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Well...we're not getting a resolution...so I' gonna go with my intuition that they're together and makin' babies
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
        while S/J has never been the sole reason for me to watch, all of the other elements that kept me tuned in are gone...you know...I think SG1 was on tonight and it completely slipped my mind...not last year...last year I was giddy with excitement for every new episode.
        I've been having the same reaction. I will re-watch Beach Head and Ex Deus Machina.....and I've been watching repeats of SGA. But I just can't sit through those other SG-1 eps again!
        Originally posted by STARGATE7777
        I cannot fathom why they have not given any details about Jack. I mean, this is totally outside of the whole Sam and Jack storyline. It is one thing to ignore the "relationship" but to act as though Jack never existed? Have we all morphed into an alternate universe? Maybe that would explain Vala. And season 10? It just gets better and better.
        It is very strange that they haven't provided any details about Jack in canon, especially since they were discussing them quite a bit between seasons. I know there's something else going on that I just can't put my finger on.....something that we've all missed.....
        Originally posted by Erised
        wow some of you here really hate the new SG-1, don't you? And don't want a season 10..

Didn't expect that from so many people
        Erised, it's not that we hate it. It's that it wasn't set up correctly for us to embrace it. They didn't transition us properly into the changes. If they had, I think I'd be much happier at this point. Here's what they did wrong:

1. They didn't resolve the S/J ship. With RDA leaving, why not give us the assurance that although we had lost Jack, Sam hadn't? That would make me more open to the "new" show. It doesn't matter that AT was out for the first five eps. They could have shot a couple of scenes that would have resolved it as S8 wrapped, then used them as flashbacks.

2. They haven't told us in canon what's happened to Jack. I don't care if they're mad at RDA for leaving--don't take it out on the fans and the character. If I knew all was well with Jack, I'd be more open to his "replacement." RDA is a major reason they have a franchise and a spinoff now, and no one (except AT) still seems to respect that.

3. They brought CM in as team leader, in opposition to everything we know in canon about the Stargate program! I won't even get into the "Sam should be leader" issue, because that's been talked to death (even though I think she should be). They made someone leader who had never been through the Stargate! It's against what they've told us in the past. Mitchell would have been more appealing if he had been brought in as a Major, learning from the others (as he said he wanted to do).

If these things had been done differently, I think I'd be enjoying the new show now (well, except for the over-sexed Vala).
        Originally posted by Bucky
        Actually, I'm leaning toward preferring that AT does leave the show, maybe to come back for the occassional guest shot when the storyline needs Sam's brilliance. But, so far Sam seems to be a fifth wheel. Let Sam go off to Area 51 or back to the Pentagon and have plenty of spare time for cuddling up with Jack.

Bucky
        Or.....rename the show Stargate Command.....give it to CM and CB and whoever wants to stay with them.....and let AT and RDA make a couple of SG-1 movies a year! If that's not a possibility, I'd rather see Sam go to Atlantis. Brad Wright would treat her better than she is being treated now.
        Originally posted by florence
        You know, what amazes me the most is that even this year, with no ship at all, there are still people joining this thread... It must mean something !
        It does mean something, although it seems TPTB and Skiffy are trying to deny it right now. The Sam/Jack romance is one of the pillars on which the show's success was built. It's important to most SG-1 fans, and it should be resolved.

And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, the more we can stick together, the better chance we have of influencing TPTB and Skiffy. Remember a little show called Star Trek that was canceled after just three seasons? Fans wouldn't let it die, and it came back to produce several major motion pictures and TV spinoffs. We can do it. We just have to stick together.
        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 25 October 2005, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Ya know...I'm starting to get into S9... I understand why a lot of people don't like it...I share a lot of those opinions. But - I think I've said this before - I'm treating this season as another spin-off, rather than a new season of SG1. You're all right, this isn't our SG1, it's SG1: TNG, for want of a better name!

But I did enjoy Origin tonight. Partly because
          Spoiler:
          of Jack's unexpected appearance at the end (well it was unexpected to me!!). They could definitly have used those scenes to better effect, especially his scene with Daniel - they're supposed to be close friends fcol!! But there was enough to make me happy It was their relationship that drew me to the show in the first place!

Of course, I'm disappointed that there won't be any ship this season, but then I wasn't expecting any! So IMHO, the teeny tiny subtle hints that we have gotten are definitly bonuses!

As for what seems like it might be tensions in Vancouver - this is all just speculation, of course, but it's not the first time we've been feeling something odd coming from there... there have been comments in interviews that have made us go 'Oh? What's that all about then?' before. The only one I can think of off hand is Cliff Simon...something he said about there being a different atmosphere since RDA left... a couple of other people said something similar, I think, but I can't remember who. We...or at least, I assumed they just meant that their schedule wasn't so awkward because they weren't trying to fit it around the days that RDA was there. Maybe there is more going on up there.... nine years is a long time, it wouldn't be surprising for there to be tensions, or people wanting to move on etc. Again, this is just me speculating, I don't mean to offend anyone - I could be reading way to much into all of this. It's just some rambling thoughts....

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            I've been having the same reaction. I will re-watch Beach Head and Ex Deus Machina.....and I've been watching repeats of SGA. But I just can't sit through those other eps again!

It is very strange that they haven't provided any details about Jack in canon, especially since they were discussing them quite a bit between seasons. I know there's something else going on that I just can't put my finger on.....something that we've all missed.....

Erised, it's not that we hate it. It's that it wasn't set up correctly for us to embrace it. They didn't transition us properly into the changes. If they had, I think I'd be much happier at this point. Here's what they did wrong:

1. They didn't resolve the S/J ship. With RDA leaving, why not give us the assurance that although we had lost Jack, Sam hadn't? That would make me more open to the "new" show. It doesn't matter that AT was out for the first five eps. They could have shot a couple of scenes that would have resolved it as S8 wrapped, then used them as flashbacks.

2. They haven't told us in canon what's happened to Jack. I don't care if they're mad at RDA for leaving--don't take it out on the fans and the character. If I knew all was well with Jack, I'd be more open to his "replacement." RDA is a major reason they have a franchise and a spinoff now, and no one (except AT) still seems to respect that.

3. They brought CM in as team leader, in opposition to everything we know in canon about the Stargate program! I won't even get into the "Sam should be leader" issue, because that's been talked to death (even though I think she should be). They made someone leader who had never been through the Stargate! It's against what they've told us in the past. Mitchell would have been more appealing if he had been brought in as a Major, learning from the others (as he said he wanted to do).

If these things had been done differently, I think I'd be enjoying the new show now (well, except for the over-sexed Vala).

Or.....rename the show Stargate Command.....give it to CM and CB and whoever wants to stay with them.....and let AT and RDA make a couple of SG-1 movies a year! If that's not a possibility, I'd rather see Sam go to Atlantis. Brad Wright would treat her better than she is being treated now.

It does mean something, although it seems TPTB and Skiffy are trying to deny it right now. The Sam/Jack romance is one of the pillars on which the show's success was built. It's important to most SG-1 fans, and it should be resolved.

And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, the more we can stick together, the better chance we have of influencing TPTB and Skiffy. Remember a little show called Star Trek that was canceled after just three seasons? Fans wouldn't let it die, and it came back to produce several major motion pictures and TV spinoffs. We can do it. We just have to stick together.

Bravo! Good post, I feel the same way. I was looking forward to the new season back in July. If they had handled the above items, I think my opinion about the new season would be much more positive(except for over-sexed Vala).
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

Bravo! Good post, I feel the same way. I was looking forward to the new season back in July. If they had handled the above items, I think my opinion about the new season would be much more positive(except for over-sexed Vala).
              it's sad what happened to the show-i was looking forward to Ben Browder-I thought he would be great. has anyone seen him on the show yet?
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                it's sad what happened to the show-i was looking forward to Ben Browder-I thought he would be great. has anyone seen him on the show yet?
                You mean the new guy who
                Spoiler:
                pushed the button and defrosted Anubis's son
                ?
                Last edited by Rogue; 25 October 2005, 01:54 PM.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

You mean the new guy who
                  Spoiler:
                  ?
                  that was him?

sheesh=that was a blink and you missed it moment.

*walks off looking for contact lens cleaner
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Thank you! I'm blushing!!!
                    You mean the new guy who
                    Spoiler:
                    ?
                    ROTFLOL!!!!! Exactly! That's one of the things that's out of place:
                    Spoiler:
                    the team "leader" touching things before anyone has had time to evaluate the consequences!!! That's the motivation behind my current sig banner.

Comment

I've been having the same reaction. I will re-watch Beach Head and Ex Deus Machina.....and I've been watching repeats of SGA. But I just can't sit through those other SG-1 eps again!

Well said and I agree with every drop of it!!!! (just a driveby posting)

Hi to all family members. Shipper Cookies are on me!!!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

SHIP NANA!!!! (((((Hugs)))))

Great to see you!! Woohoo, a new batch of shipper cookies!!

Comment

Great post sg-1fanintn.I really believe TPTB are upset with RDA for leaving.I may be wrong but I do not think RDA signed a Lifetime contract to be on SG-1.It's not RDA's fault some Actors and TPTB want to Milk this Show dry.Like you said TPTB did not do things the right way.TPTB reached out to the Farscape Fans Daniel Fans and stomped on Sam and Jack Shippers.I have never been the type of Fan that will watch a Show no matter what.I stop watching because either my Favorite Actor left the Show and the quality of the Show is Bad.I also see no point in staying Loyal to a Show when the Show has forgotten about one of there biggest Fan bases in the Shippers.I find it interesting when MS left the Daniel character was still mentioned.Why not Jack? There's no Season 10 and no Atlantis without RDA.I guess Hollywood is all about what have you done for me lately.

Comment

Remember a little show called Star Trek that was canceled after just three seasons? Fans wouldn't let it die, and it came back to produce several major motion pictures and TV spinoffs. We can do it. We just have to stick together.
                            Except that networks are run completely differently than they were in that era; which not everyone realizes. Those "good old days" are no longer here. Even the way ratings are scored and weighed differs these days. It's no longer as simple as waging a campaign (even a wide-spread, empassioned fan campaign). There was actually a pretty interesting filmforce article written a while back about this very thing (though it concerned Farscape most specifically). It's well worth the read if this sort of thing interests you. I believe I read this one through Uber.

Farscape & Trek share a myth.
                            http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/559/559272p1.html

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                              Great post sg-1fanintn.I really believe TPTB are upset with RDA for leaving.I may be wrong but I do not think RDA signed a Lifetime contract to be on SG-1.It's not RDA's fault some Actors and TPTB want to Milk this Show dry.Like you said TPTB did not do things the right way.TPTB reached out to the Farscape Fans Daniel Fans and stomped on Sam and Jack Shippers.I have never been the type of Fan that will watch a Show no matter what.I stop watching because either my Favorite Actor left the Show and the quality of the Show is Bad.I also see no point in staying Loyal to a Show when the Show has forgotten about one of there biggest Fan bases in the Shippers.I find it interesting when MS left the Daniel character was still mentioned.Why not Jack? There's no Season 10 and no Atlantis without RDA.I guess Hollywood is all about what have you done for me lately.
                              Hmmm, maybe here lies the problem.

Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper will return as executive producers on both series. Wright co-created SG-1 with Jonathan Glassner in 1997. Wright and Cooper then created the spin-off series in 2004, with Wright becoming Atlantis's day-to-day showrunner while Cooper stepped into that duty for SG-1.

Rogue

Comment

I have always felt that Brad Wright had the best grasp of the "characters" on SG1. Others were able to write storylines but he captured the personality of Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c. He understood that the story was simply the medium but the characters are what brought the fans back week after week. I remember him saying on a Behind the Scenes that it was important to create characters that people cared about. Without that, fans would stop watching. For me, that is the biggest problem with the new season. There is nothing there that makes me care about what happens to the characters. I know this is OT about Sam and Jack but their interaction along with Jack- Daniel and Jack-Teal'c is what kept me tuning in every week.

Comment

Working...
                                X