X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((Carolina))))

Hope you're back in the US soon!

I'm really getting sick of TV politics, so I'm gonna be sticking to fanfic, art and other 'fanon' creations, because really, canon ain't doing it for me.

I've been passionate about one other show - Star Trek Voyager, and got royally screwed in the last ep...I only got as 'into' SG1 because I though this show was better with better producers. After all, who could possibly be as bad as Brannon and Berman?

Oh how naive of me...
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      shippers, i've got a question for you --

what s/j ending was better - lost city or threads/moebius?

before you answer, think carefully of what we went through to get to threads/moebius? was it worth it?

to answer for myself, i pick lost city. your pick?

sally
      What we went through to get to Threads was worth it, because finally, both Sam and Jack were ready to admit their love to each other. So much angst, so much denial! So much satisfaction when we got, "Always," and fishing.

To me, it was worth it, and I still believe we'll get a real resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        About AT's comment about Jack and Sam "getting it out of their systems" there is a fic by Nanda called "Revelation" on Heliopolis, both PG-13 on regular Helioplis and a NC-17 on Helio 2. Didn't work for either of them. There are two followups, one very recently. I'm not very up on the new ratings for fics, but these were the ratings at the time for this story.
        My mistake, it is "Resolution" not "Revelation."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          shippers, i've got a question for you --

what s/j ending was better - lost city or threads/moebius?

before you answer, think carefully of what we went through to get to threads/moebius? was it worth it?

to answer for myself, i pick lost city.

your pick?

sally

You know, I really thought they were going to get together at the end of season 7. There were so many shippy scenes the second part of the season. But all we got was a "I know". How lame can you get. At least we could have gotten a "I feel the same way" or a "Me too".

As far as Threads or Moebius
          Spoiler:
          we got a fishing scene and a "always" which is way better than a "I know", but I think we did deserve more. Maybe holding hands or his arm around her. But I still don't trust these guys. How do we know that they aren't going to use Moebius as a excuse to change Sam and Jacks relationship?

So to answer the question, neither. I am still waiting for a resolution.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

i'm with Rogue on that question too-
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
              I think men in general have different priorities than women do when it comes to kids. From my experience, even though my husband helped out, the main responsibility of caring for the kids was mine. We both work, but I was the one who always had to rearrange my schedule to take kids to the doctor, go to the school for meetings or events, etc. Lets not forget the golf on Sundays. The male bonding activity that takes all day.

Yes, how true that is. I didn't mean to imply,however, by the last sentence I said about RDA's trips, that he wasn't spending as much time as he can with his daughter, especially after he had his schedule rearranged and also now that he is off the show. As an aside, a parent has to keep perspective, however, and no matter how much you love your kids and enjoy being with them and even though kids come first, they should not be your social life. This is especially true for single parents. I read that somewhere!!!

Comment

You know, I really thought they were going to get together at the end of season 7. There were so many shippy scenes the second part of the season. But all we got was a "I know". How lame can you get. At least we could have gotten a "I feel the same way" or a "Me too".

As far as Threads or Moebius
                Spoiler:
                we got a fishing scene and a "always" which is way better than a "I know", but I think we did deserve more. Maybe holding hands or his arm around her. But I still don't trust these guys. How do we know that they aren't going to use Moebius as a excuse to change Sam and Jacks relationship?

So to answer the question, neither. I am still waiting for a resolution.
                Since I've heard that LC was supposed to be a TV movie, but instead the show was renewed, how would they have ended the movie? Surely not with Jack being frozen. Unless there was going to be another movie after that. And would there have been any Sam/Jack resolution in the movie?

BTW, I'm surprised no one has commented on PDL's comments about "close enough" hinting that there was a bit of change in the univ. caused by Moebius doings.

Comment

Yes, how true that is. I didn't mean to imply,however, by the last sentence I said about RDA's trips, that he wasn't spending as much time as he can with his daughter, especially after he had his schedule rearranged and also now that he is off the show. As an aside, a parent has to keep perspective, however, and no matter how much you love your kids and enjoy being with them and even though kids come first, they should not be your social life. This is especially true for single parents. I read that somewhere!!!
                  I agree. A parent needs time alone without the kids. And I knew you weren't implying RDA didn't spend enough time with his daughter. I was just making a generalized comment on the differences in caregiver roles between male and female. Even though roles have changed, it is still left up to the female to be the main caregiver.
                  Last edited by Rogue; 26 September 2005, 11:49 AM.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Since I've heard that LC was supposed to be a TV movie, but instead the show was renewed, how would they have ended the movie? Surely not with Jack being frozen. Unless there was going to be another movie after that. And would there have been any Sam/Jack resolution in the movie?

BTW, I'm surprised no one has commented on PDL's comments about "close enough" hinting that there was a bit of change in the univ. caused by Moebius doings.

Putting in spoiler marks for the ep moebius just in case...
                    Spoiler:
                    Thats why I really didn't like Moebius. I hate time travel eps, cause it gives TPTB chance to change dynamics on the show.
                    I loved the threads ep and the kind of resolution they gave us but then when I watched moebius it kinda just was like they stepped backwards. But then from what I gather from the new season, things haven't been changed too much but the time change thing was worrying me.
                    they could just change them anyway like they did on Voyager

FTAO Suekay= I was thinking of Voyager too. I was a Janeway/ Chakotay shipper till that...... grrr... Endgame eppy.

They really ruined the characters on voy.
                    No matter what they do on Stargate sg1 I just hope they stay true to the characters.

Comment

I agree. A parent needs time alone without the kids. And I knew you weren't implying RDA didn't spend enough time with his daughter. I was just making a generalized comment on the differences in caregiver roles between male and female. Even though roles have changed, it is still left up to the female to be the main caregiver.
                      ain't that the truth-when the kids are sick-who they gonna call-not ghostbusters I can assure you and not dear old dad either. Especially if they are in one state and you are in another and it is 2 am.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by sarah_uk
                        Putting in spoiler marks for the ep moebius just in case...
                        Spoiler:
                        Thats why I really didn't like Moebius. I hate time travel eps, cause it gives TPTB chance to change dynamics on the show.
                        I loved the threads ep and the kind of resolution they gave us but then when I watched moebius it kinda just was like they stepped backwards. But then from what I gather from the new season, things haven't been changed too much but the time change thing was worrying me.
                        they could just change them anyway like they did on Voyager

FTAO Suekay= I was thinking of Voyager too. I was a Janeway/ Chakotay shipper till that...... grrr... Endgame eppy.

They really ruined the characters on voy.
                        No matter what they do on Stargate sg1 I just hope they stay true to the characters.
                        Yeah, Moebuis still bothers me.
                        Spoiler:
                        I am afraid they will use it to rewrite SG-1 history. Sorry that didn't really happen because the timeline changed. Or Sam really did have sex with Orlin in this timeline. Or Jack didn't say "always" he said "in your dreams".

I wasn't a Janeway/Chakotay shipper, but him and 7 of 9 was a total surprise. Totally ruined the last part of the series.

Oh and Welcome sarah_uk!

Rogue

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))))
                          I hate just dropping in like this and then going missing again but I can't believe how much time college takes up. Before i went I was under the impression that the hours were a lot less than what I did in school but the full days are at least 2 hours longer and I used to think the amount of homework I had from school was bad....

Anyways enough with the moaning, I just had to come on and say hi to everyone and look at some shippy pics. I'm in a really low shippy mood at the moment it feels like so long since i've seen any ship I think its probably time for me to break out the season 4 dvd's again

I hope everyone is ok, especially those peeps in America having trouble with these awful hurricanes (((((( hugs)))))))

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

I just read Joes newest blog and Season 9 isn't looking promising for any more ship.... I know he says that the ship has been put on the back burner for the moment because there is no sign of RDA coming back in the near future but I don't understand why they can't still give us something definate for ship. I'd be happy enough with a phonecall between Sam and Jack....Sam saying 'I miss you Jack' or 'I love you' would be even better but thinking about it I think the 'I love You should be left until we get them both together considering we have been waiting for 9 years and that will be a very special moment

Sorry if I seem to just be typing loads and chatting rubbish, its a thing I do when i'm tired...

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              WELCOME MAJORSHRL!!!!!!

Another Scottish Shipper yay!!!!!!!

OT - I'm from Balloch, Loch Lomond.
                              Thanks for the welcome SueKay I'm from Dumfries and Galloway.

Comment

I wasn't happy with Moebius either, but not
                                Spoiler:
                                because I was afraid they'd mess with the established timeline - I think they're a bit smarter than that! (A bit...) My main two problems with it were, one, that it was RDA's last episode as a regular, essentially the last episode, probably ever, with the original SG1 (yeah, I know Jack wasn't actually still a member of the team, but that's just a technicality ) but it was not, in fact, about the original SG1 at all. The episode should have been a celebration of our team, and of their adventures over the last eight years. IMHO, it was the complete opposite.
                                Spoiler:

And, two, we finally get S&J admitting their feelings to each other, we get a big honkin' kiss....and it's not even them!! That was such a let down.

I was a Janeway/Chakotay shipper too, and that was the one part of Endgame that really annoyed me. Oh, that and we didn't get to see Tom meeting his daughter! (I was also a Tom/B'Elanna shipper...which I suppose makes up for J/C. Sort of.)

Comment

Working...
                                X