This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucky
    Actually, I'm leaning toward preferring that AT does leave the show, maybe to come back for the occassional guest shot when the storyline needs Sam's brilliance. But, so far Sam seems to be a fifth wheel. Let Sam go off to Area 51 or back to the Pentagon and have plenty of spare time for cuddling up with Jack.

Bucky
    Oh dear well if At did leave the show i would then def stop watching it.I was real upset to find there was going to be a s10 .lack of Jack this season is killing me but i live in hope that he will make a guest appearance in the finale or before and as for the ship aspect just a call from s/j or j/s would keep me happy.I am going to the Gabit event this weekend and if i get a chance i will ask AT if the ship has sailed.
    smiles
    mary xx

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
      I'am not sure if JM meant no Sam and Jack onscreen or no Sam and Jack Ship of any kind.I also cannot understand why they cannot give us one sided phone calls and have Sam Daniel and Teal'c talk about Jack.TPTB have made it clear right now how little they think of the Shippers.So I will show how little I think of them by not watching there Show.Unless RDA is in the episode or until TPTB stop acting like Jack was never part of SG-1.Season 10 means nothings to me unless things change big time.

Well done Ses

TPTB has not been treating the lack of Jack very well . Jack should be mentionned if not by Daniel and Teal'c then at least by Sam specially if she is supposed to be with him
      You just have to treat Stargate season 9 and 10 as a new show , that's all ..Either you watch or you don't ...

......or you watch but don't care too much about it ..which is my take as I watch but really , I can't even say much about it as I find it really weird and I still don't like Beau BRIDGE as the new general . Cameron and his interaction to Daniel :
      Spoiler:
      wants to be too Jack and I can't stand that .

As for Vala ..well ..I'm not sure ..I suppose she is now the one who brings the humour into the show ..but I think
      Spoiler:
      it's over the top ...plus I hate the pregnancy storyline I find it very cheesy ...specially the way she expressed it ..Also Daniel does'nt seem to even like her and we are supposed to accept that she expecting his baby ...really weird
      !!!!

What I saw from the Ori so far as I saw up to Avalon 2 is ...
      Spoiler:
      They can bring life back !!!!so if they manage to do alliance with them , then nobody will die !!!! Shame that Sam didn't meet them before Jacob died and Janet Died ...Now they can kill a character and have it brought back to life a few episodes after ..
      a bit cheesy too but never mind as I don't really care .

I think Vala's personality
      Spoiler:
      is over the top .She kind of annoys me ..as she is too much for me to handle for Stargate

Caty
      Last edited by Catysg1; 25 October 2005, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishshipper
        Oh dear well if At did leave the show i would then def stop watching it.I was real upset to find there was going to be a s10 {snipped} I am going to the Gabit event this weekend and if i get a chance i will ask AT if the ship has sailed.
        Hey guys, I'm just as much of a shipper as the next mook around here, but I do think we need a leetle perspective, huh? I think it's very cool that we're getting a 10th season. Hope exists, there's always hope for good storylines and there's a tonne of hope that Rick will make at least a couple of appearances.

I don't believe Amanda knows (either way) if the proverbial ship has sailed. When you ask her this weekend, all you'll end up with is Amanda's personal opinion on the matter. Or her best guess, which is the best she can give you, because hardly anything's been written for season ten as yet. As Joe said this week, "anything's possible".

This Sam/Jack ship thread used to be a fun place to come discuss our favorite duo, and it still can be that place; positive and constructivly critical comments alike But (I think) if we keep hammering on the "I wish there wasn't a season ten" idea, all we'll do is turn this thread into a depressing replica of the "Anti Season Nine" thread. Frankly, I humbly think it's a lot more fun to talk about the stuff that really makes Sam/Jack a special pairing. What's great about the 'ship, now and in the past. Morbid pessimism isn't any fun at all. Lets get some JELLO shooters on the table and have a great big
        'SHIP PARTY!

....instead.

Besides! NOTHING is hopeless. In fact, I'd put money on the probability that we will see some form of positive, on-screen affirmation for Sam & Jack before the show goes off the air.

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
          Hey guys, I'm just as much of a shipper as the next mook around here, but I do think we need a leetle perspective, huh? I think it's very cool that we're getting a 10th season. Hope exists, there's always hope for good storylines and there's a tonne of hope that Rick will make at least a couple of appearances.

I don't believe Amanda knows (either way) if the proverbial ship has sailed. When you ask her this weekend, all you'll end up with is Amanda's personal opinion on the matter. Or her best guess, which is the best she can give you, because hardly anything's been written for season ten as yet. As Joe said this week, "anything's possible".

This Sam/Jack ship thread used to be a fun place to come discuss our favorite duo, and it still can be that place; positive and constructivly critical comments alike But (I think) if we keep hammering on the "I wish there wasn't a season ten" idea, all we'll do is turn this thread into a depressing replica of the "Anti Season Nine" thread. Frankly, I humbly think it's a lot more fun to talk about the stuff that really makes Sam/Jack a special pairing. What's great about the 'ship, now and in the past. Morbid pessimism isn't any fun at all. Lets get some JELLO shooters on the table and have a great big
          'SHIP PARTY!

....instead.

Besides! NOTHING is hopeless. In fact, I'd put money on the probability that we will see some form of positive, on-screen affirmation for Sam & Jack before the show goes off the air.

mini

It's a very nice positive attitude that you have minigeek

but let's face it Sam and Jack have been forgotten because it's a whole new show ..and it has been forgotten on purpose ..so I don't see why they would bring back the old ship a year later as there was no mention of it in season 9!!!!!!!!!!!

Producers don't usually do things like that unless they want to put a stop to it .

The new ship is now Vala/Daniel even if he does not seem to really like her

I even wonder if Teal'c /Ishta ship is still sailing .... They have major plotholes in their side storylines ..really ..I have never seen it that bad in any other shows ....if they wanted Stargate SG1 to be all action and nothing else , then it's just fine by me but the thing is , they did introduce a few ship ( teal'c /Ishta ..Sam /Jack) .. and now they drop them just like a sack of rotten potatoes just because they can't handle them anymore !!!! but you can't do that !!!!

Now we have to start watching 2 new ship like Daniel /Vala and the Doctor /Cameron ...Gosh , I wonder how they are gonna ruin those ones ..they are doing a really good job with the Vala/Daniel ship at the moment as I find it very cheesy ship

Anyway !!!!

Caty

Comment

I agree with you Caty...it's intentional...they've
            Spoiler:
            gotten rid of Jack completely, they're getting rid of the ship and Don S Davis has been contradicted by TPTB (and Don S Davis wouldn't lie) and JM doesn't seem to really care anymore...sounds like he's given in on the issue of S/J ship...and frankly I don't blame him.

Bad day...ignore my rantings.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              I agree with you Caty...it's intentional...they've
              Spoiler:
              gotten rid of Jack completely, they're getting rid of the ship and Don S Davis has been contradicted by TPTB (and Don S Davis wouldn't lie) and JM doesn't seem to really care anymore...sounds like he's given in on the issue of S/J ship...and frankly I don't blame him.

Bad day...ignore my rantings.

I must be having a bad day too, because right now I feel just like you! But I have a feeling I will get over it. I really want to see the ship get to it's happy place, but I don't like the signals we seem to be getting. I will keep watching the show, because this was the first SF show that we all liked to watch together, and no one else in the family is a shipper. I wish I could order up some customized eps, but I am sure that is out of my budget. Maybe we could have a bake sale? Sell shipper cookies? And cake. And Jell-o shooters.
              I am now going to watch a shippy episode and get my groove back.
              sig by PM

Comment

'SHIP PARTY!

....instead.

mini
                I'm with ya on being positive mini!!
                I'm happy that my favorite show has been renewed for a 10th season.

waterfall

Comment

Sadly...SG1 is no longer my favourite show...I watch more Malcolm in the Middle and Star Trek Voyager videos and reruns these days...
                  sigpic

Comment

And on another positive note, my friend Christy aka GetCarter has 3 nominations on "The Stargate Music Video Awards" so congrats to her!!
                    1 in the "Jack" category and 2 noms in the "Sam/Jack" category.
                    All nominations can be found here:

http://www.stargatevideoawards.com/sg1nominations.htm

I called her and told her about and she was exited!! She can't get on-line right now because "Wilma" knocked out her cable but at least she has power and phone. BTW, where I live in FL suffered little or no damage.
                    This was cool though:

http://baynews9.com/content/36/2005/10/24/125167.html

The winds blew most of the water out of Tampa Bay for a short time.
                    Too bad I was at work at didn't get to see it.

Has anyone heard from GateBee??
                    I think she lives in the Naples/Venice area....hope she's ok.

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                      well thank you parsifal, that rudeness made my day. And no one was making you love S9 and 10. Theres been a discussion about this for two pages. I guess people's opinions don't matter to you.
                      It's rather hypocritical of you to be upset at people's "angry" responses when you come into the thread 'glowering' at us. Before replying I checked your other posts elsewhere to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding you. I wasn't.

And no, the opinions of strangers don't matter to me.

Comment

I think maybe tempers are a little tense right now. To (hopefully) diffuse a little. Erised actually made a really cool prediction in another thread. She said she thought Sam & Jack might get married in episode 200! Hey, how SWEET would that be?? I'll root for that!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

GateBee is in the UK just now, but her family are fine...unfortunately the area she lives in is wrecked.

Good to hear Christy's fine...I was worried when she never got back to me...if you speak to her, let her know that I'm thinking of her and her family, and also CONGRATS!
                          sigpic

Comment

hey guys,
                            after about 3 months i have finally got my new pc!!!!!!!!!
                            How i have missed my shipper family i have been desparate to catch up on everything so i think it will take a while to settle back in.I hope some people will remember me ( i hope).
                            In the middle of watching season 9 here at the moment will log on later,
                            great to be back!!!
                            Any news of sam and jack getting back together???

wynterxx

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

Getting back together? They never even split up that was one rumour taken out of context.

YAY ON THE NEW PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I think maybe tempers are a little tense right now. To (hopefully) diffuse a little. Erised actually made a really cool prediction in another thread. She said she thought Sam & Jack might get married in episode 200! Hey, how SWEET would that be?? I'll root for that!
                                Hmmm, they did Wormhole Xtreme for their 100th ep. It is a nice prediction, hope it happens.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X