No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, just got back from watching We Are Marshall. Pretty decent movie, nothing spectacular.

Oh, for all of those people out there who think cats are unfriendly, I want you to meet Callie. I'm barely two steps in the door and I hear a clamoring and sad little chirpy meows getting closer The poor little thing can't stand to be without people.

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
    Have Fun Stef. Check in when you get back. I might have the first verse and Chorus done on my video and I'll send it to you to look at.
    Send away! I've decided to pick up a vid I shelved a LOOOOONG time ago and finish editing it (don't worry, it's DeVilish).

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
    Don't give up on the book yet! It gets really good! See you later hun!
    It better. I don't get it....maybe you can help!
    Spoiler:
    Okay, so I get that a future-Henry has come back periodically over time and met up with different aged Claire. What I don't get is if present-day Henry is able to travel through time as well. He doesn't seem all that surprised when Claire says she's met his future self in the past. I can't seem to wrap my head around what's going on with present-Henry (I'm at like 20 pages in...so it's the very beginning). Maybe I'm just slow. But what's his deal?

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post

V: I'm bored.
    D: And according to Stef, I'm impotent.
    Spoiler:

V: Well that does not bode well.
    D: Tell me about it.

V: I think we sould test it out.
    D: *curious* How?

V: I was reading about some fun toys. Here.
    D: These look interesting too.

D: We'll prover that Stef wrong yet!
    V: Damn right we will.
    In all fairness, the rest of the fic was all about proving how Daniel wasn't impotent...if you catch my meaning

Video Help Needed.

Anyone know how to overlay one scene on top of another. I have such great ideas but no talent or knowledge. Help!!!!!!!
    In the sense of just having one image playing over another image, there is no way that I've found to do that without going to a program other than WMM. The best you can do is have a fade-in transition. If you transition fade for long enough (look at the timeline view of the project, move the second clip way over into the first clip). It won't be an overlay in the traditional sense, but it will have a slight overlay...seeing as one will be fading in and one will be fading out. Does that make any sense? If not, I can break it down some more

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
    *drags utterly weakened self in and collapses*
    My name is Ren, I'm a fruitcake and I haven't been here in a week.
    *collapses on the ground*
    WELCOME BACK!!! We missed you

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Okay, just got back from watching We Are Marshall. Pretty decent movie, nothing spectacular.

Oh, for all of those people out there who think cats are unfriendly, I want you to meet Callie. I'm barely two steps in the door and I hear a clamoring and sad little chirpy meows getting closer The poor little thing can't stand to be without people.

Send away! I've decided to pick up a vid I shelved a LOOOOONG time ago and finish editing it (don't worry, it's DeVilish).

WELCOME BACK!!! We missed you

-Stef
      *hugs* Thanks! And Callie sounds adorable, an old friend of mine used to have a cat like that, he was such a cutie..
      Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
      Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Video Help Needed.

Anyone know how to overlay one scene on top of another. I have such great ideas but no talent or knowledge. Help!!!!!!!

Ahm... If you are using WMM, then you can zoom in on the clip, and when you reach the bottom edge of it with your cursor, there should be a little hand icon... You can drag it over another clip, and have it done like that... (see my vid "Beginning to End" I have clips playing over eachother twice in that... As well as in "Can you hear me scream"... Though I don't have it going for any long periods of time (it is a general rule of mine to not use very long clips...))

Comment

It's not really that difficult once you get the hang of it... I can do a 3-4 minute video in a matter of hours... often less, now... Used to, though, it would take me forEVER...But then, that was when I was working with anime, and had like an entire series-worth of clips to sort through...

Anyway, as I said, the overlay thing is never for long in my videos... The length of the clips, determines how long the overlay can last before the bottom clip fades out, and since I use short clips...

Comment

*groans* owwwwww!

I am beginning to regret the sugar and caffeine... Fu<k, my head hurts... *prays for painkillers to take effect soon*... That is assuming they work... I get headaches so often from my glasses, that I think I've built up an immunity to most pain meds... Tylenol? Pfft, doesn't work anymore... and it takes multiple exedrin migraine's to work... and even then it takes over an hour...

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              You know what I just realized? Pink dominates the D/V and or Vala-related videos. Think about it:

Get This Parted Started--D/V
              Trouble--D/V (or Vala)
              Who Knew--Vala/Tomin
              Don't Let Me Get Me--D/V (or Vala)
              Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)--D/V

Looks like Pink is Vala's official singer

-Stef
              *points at post*
              Somebody link me to Don't Let Me Get Me please?
              And add 18 Wheeler to that list, right?

No honey, no fighting. Everything is honky-dory here. Stef threaten to withhold Videos if we didn't play nice so Apologies were given and recieved. Life is good but much better that you can play some. When do you get home?

Stef, I'have most of it done through the introduction, 1st verse and 1st chorus. I'll upload what I have to let you get an idea. I'll PM you the info when it is uploaded.

The overlays. I figured that you had to have a better program. The WMM is plenty for me to learn now.
              Awesome. *happy sigh* It's awesome to be back
              Well I won't be home until the 11th, I think, but I'll probably buy another connection in two or three days so I can stop by.

And yay for the video, I can't wait to see

sigpic
              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Video Break:

Ren I found it. I have never seen this one before.

SG1 Don't Let Me Get Me

Edit: and....

Daniel/ Vala (18 wheeler)
                Thanks Mom! I know I haven't seen the Don't Let Me Get Me one yet..

I was thinking about how much Pink seems to work for Vala, especially on the plane flight when I turned on my mp3 player and realized that the vast majority of the songs on it are ones from videos that I found in this thread, hehe. I ended up with a huge amount of Pink songs in there.

sigpic
                Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                  SO, I just posted to the DV community for the first time(I must be nuts)...and am waiting for it to be approved, but I'm going to bed and may not see it when it gets posted. I just wanted to warn you guys in case you see it before I do.
                  night
                  LC
                  (happy now Isa???lol)
                  Congradulations, LC!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. Hope that pans out!!

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                  *drags utterly weakened self in and collapses*
                  My name is Ren, I'm a fruitcake and I haven't been here in a week.
                  *collapses on the ground*

YAY LC
                  Can't wait to see your post.
                  Welcome back, Ren!!

_______________________________________________________________________________
                  ~sg1cat~ (aka Darryl ) | FanFics: Fanfiction.net LiveJournal

_______________________________________________________________________________

Comment

*hugs*

Hey Darryl, I'm in the middle of snagging the chapters you have up of The Discovery
                    It helps having something to read..

What's new and exciting this week?

sigpic
                    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Goodnight Fruitcakes... my head is fu<ked, and I am ultra-tired... see you all tomorrow

Comment

Night, Kelly!

sigpic
                        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Night, Kelly!!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hee. You're using WMM, right?
                            I'm not sure if you can lock clips or not, I was trying to figure that out with the vid I was working on.

Stef, dearest? *puppy dog eyes*

sigpic
                            Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Video question:

I want to take out a couple of seconds out of one clip To move up several of the different scenes but don't want to mess up the timing of some of the other clips. Can you somehow lock in the clips you want or does everything move every time you make adjustments? Make any sense. I am so so afraid.
                              I'm afraid you can't lock clips with WMM (at least not that I know off!). What I would just do is before you start cutting, look at where the first clip AFTER the one you will be cutting ends. Then cut the one you want to cut, re-add the scene that comes after it and cut it at the exact place you saw it ended before. Does that make sense? You'll just have to re-add the clip you already had in there, but use a longer version of it to make up for the cut you made to the clip before it.

-Stef

Comment

Drats. My hopes for making WMM more manageable have just been summarily smushed. *headdesk*

sigpic
                                Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Working...
                                X