Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    I loved these pics... what episode? or am I just too tired to think? Unlike you "kids" who stay up all night, this mature gal needs her sleep!
    I used to do the big halloween party and costumes, now I just pass out muchies to kids in the neighborhood (my "baby" is 25 this year!) and remember when.......
    It is from 200.
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Young View Post
      I loved how they worked great together I really wanted to see more of that it was so good I kept wishing they wouldn't of changed the daughter it would of been great if she was Vala's and Daniel's.
      Welcome to the Oven
      Amanda!!!
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

This altered sleeping schedule has really thrown me off. I've probably only posted 20 times in the past 3 days combined....made little to no progress on my vids...and come up with one sad little wallpaper. What am I doing with my time?? My mind doesn't want to work anymore...it doesn't understand this strange thing called "sunlight." Must find a way to reset my clock....

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I have to pack.... not play on GW... but I had to stop by... a few times, about 2 hours longer than I should be... I'll be in and out.

Originally posted by RinggoldGate
          Here is the list of Questions for everyone. Hope that everyone enjoys the discussions today. We started this topic last night at 8 PM Eastern Time.

How does the Marriage of Vala and Tomin affect the Vala and Daniel Relationship.

Questions:
          1. What are Vala's feeling for Tomin?
          2. How does Daniel think Vala feels about her husband and does this effect the way he treats Vala?
          3. Was Tomin Abusive to Vala?
          4. What are the best Vala and Tomin Scenes?
          5. If Tomin and Vala are brought back together what do you think will happen?
          6. How will Daniel feel when he sees them together?
          7. What where Daniel's thoughts as he watched the tape of Vala dicussing her time with Tomin?
          8. Do you think Daniel's reactions to Vala (such as her advances in Unending) have anything to do with Tomin and the fact that she is still technically married? If so, how do you see it affecting their relationship in Unending?
          9. Daniel often tries to get Vala to open up about her daughter, but never Tomin. Why do you think that is? Can he not handle what she might say...or does the proper moment never arise?
          10.Does Vala herself even take her marriage to Tomin all that seriously?

Going to go to bed now. I have cancelled all my work for this week and hope I can get out of Bed. I am rapidly falling lower and lower. Maybe I won't end up in the Hospital. I hate this. I appreciate everyone around here. Several times you have keep me from my downward plunge. Hope to see everyone soon. Susan
          1. Vala's feelings for Tomin.... She loves him by the time Crusade happens I think, but more of a deep friendship love than true love. One of those situations where she's stuck and knows no one else, uses him for her needs and discovers something about herself in teh process.. kinda like Stockholm Syndrome, just not the same.

2. I'd have to go back and rewatch, but at the beginning of season 10 I bet Daniel's very unsure. He can see Vala's changed but how and why is unknown mostly to him at the start. I think by Momento Mori he probably has an idea of what she thinks of Tomin.

3. Other than the one (?) time he hit her, I doubt it. He yelled a few times as I'm sure she did too.

4. I think in Crusade where we see how he cares for her, then how he touches her belly when she's very pregnant.. they're nice sweet scenes.

5. A conversation, probably one we'll never see. AoT speculation
          Spoiler:
          I think Tomin will die... We'll probably get some Daniel comforting Vala scenes too... On the other hand, they might keep Tomin and have him go back to teh Ori galaxy to free 'his people' from the hold of Origin, but I really think he'll die.

6. Knowing Daniel, happy that they're talking and working out their past. Probably jelous but I doubt he'll show it too much.

7. Probalby shock from listening to what she's been through, perhaps some sadness and guilt thinking back to what happened when she left. Specifically towards Tomin? I think at this point he has no clue what his feelings towards Vala are, and IMO he doesn't feel anything towards her at the end of season 9 other than friendship, so concern too.

8. By that point, I wonder if Vala has said anything about Tomin or her feelings towards him. Perhaps not in as many words... Could be a potential reason that caused Daniel's rant? He feels used as Tomin isn't there? But I'm sure that they talked about it at some point.

9. Hmmmmm..... By the time Dominon happened, I think that Daniel either knows, guesses or doesn't want to hear what he fears. Daniel usually isn't the one to shy away from confronting 'feelings' but for some reason he doesn't like to do it sometimes with Vala. I think this is him not wanting to push her, especially if it means pushing her away from him as he knows what she thinks of him and how much she trusts him.

10. i think she did. She brought it up in Bounty. If she really didn't care at all she wouldn't have brought it up. Again, it's not the deep love that she's talking about, more the love that happened out of a circumstance beyond her control and with now way out. She mentions wanting to save him, protect him and keeps trying to convince him that the Ori are wrong. I think part of her feels slightly responsible for the position he's in and wants to fix it but is unable to do so....

I like these
          sigpic

Comment

Stef, you have been greatly missed at night. I know that the rythmn of the thread has been so different this week. I have been trying to decide myself what sleep schedule to go on. I have been trying the awake in the day, asleep at night and it hasn't gone well for me. I sleep so few hours and the hours I am asleep I dream strange things. I'm thinking of going to a schedule some where in the middle. Staying up at night to about 2 or 3 and then sleeping to about noon the next day.

Susan
            Sounds reasonable. Heck, I just wish I didn't feel liking passing out at 9/10 at night. I mean, that's ridiculous!!! My mind, for some reason, can't concentrate during the day. I think it's because it allows me more social interaction...and thus distracts me Anyway, scrapped a vid and started a new one...to a tricky song. We'll see how it goes....I like the intro! Beyond that....I'm drawing a blank

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Stef, you have been greatly missed at night. I know that the rythmn of the thread has been so different this week. I have been trying to decide myself what sleep schedule to go on. I have been trying the awake in the day, asleep at night and it hasn't gone well for me. I sleep so few hours and the hours I am asleep I dream strange things. I'm thinking of going to a schedule some where in the middle. Staying up at night to about 2 or 3 and then sleeping to about noon the next day.

Susan
              Send it over when you want some input.
              Oh, trust me...I'm not at the point yet. I just started. Besides, I think I might just head off to bed here soon. Maybe try a fresh perspective in the morning.

Toomi, I hope you have fun! I know you've been looking forward to this trip for months! When do you leave?

-Stef

Comment

Toomi, you are going to have so much fun. I wish I was going with you. My first convention was DragonCon2007 and it was a blast.

These questions remind me of the episode questions that Stef made for the Episode Discussions. You had such great insight into those. We should get Stef to come up with other Topics with questions to do. The Tomin/Vala discussion was one I have been wanting to see for awhile. Glad we did it.
                I loved those discussions and it's a big part of what drew me to the thread every night. While my laptop was out of comission this was pretty much the only thread I visited. I love the chance to think about and disucss certain aspects. Plus it helps me lots in getting my mind in the right place to write....

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                Oh, trust me...I'm not at the point yet. I just started. Besides, I think I might just head off to bed here soon. Maybe try a fresh perspective in the morning.

Toomi, I hope you have fun! I know you've been looking forward to this trip for months! When do you leave?

-Stef

OT Con stuff:

Spoiler:
                I'm driving up to the airport (which is a few hours away from the small city I live in) tomorrow morning/afternoon. I fly out on Thursday morning and arrive in LA just afternoon. But considering how excited I am, I've not done any packing...

I was thinking about doing writeups in my LJ but I'm not so sure...
                sigpic

Comment

Video Break:

I'm leaving a somewhat OT Video before I head off to bed. The idea of one of the leads being in my head as I go to sleep sounds delicious. This is not a ship video but a comparison of Vala to this OT gorgeous Male.

Magic Carpet Ride

Goodnight Everyone and thanks for all the help and PM's today. Part of the day was Hell but I feel so much better. You guys really help. (Also some yummy pharmaceuticals)
                  Good night Susan!

I am heading off to bed as well. Catch everyone on the flip side.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

Hey Wendy, I made it Home. So glad since tommorrow is Halloween. I am the Neighborhood Mom that has all the neighborhood kids at my house for Halloween Dinner. I cook big pots of chilie, we have a huge campfire for Hot Dogs and Marshmellows, and I Make RiceKrispie Candy. My son is now 17 and I still think all the 16 and 17 years olds will show up tommorrow. No invitations are needed, they just show up. What would my husband have done without me? It is one of my favorite holidays.

Is Halloween big everywhere?
                    Halloween is seriously nothing here. You may have the random trick or treater but everyone thinks that they're stupid.

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                    All very true But it's the latter of the three that I was referring to.

Just ordered Roswell...so I should be getting it soon
                    STEF!!!!!! YOU GOT BLACK JEWELS!!!!!! AND ROSWELL!!!! I'm a little excited

Banner by Stef
                    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I can feel your little bit of excitement And how are you tonight, Cat?

-Stef

Comment

fantastic actually. Got out of work massively early to go tomy other work, ad an easy shift there. Now I am home watching my new gundam wing dvds! Plus I have North and South to look forward to at some point Yourself Stef? Isn't it crazy early for you?

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

NORTH & SOUTH?!?!?!? YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Glad to see your night it going well. I'm pretty much exhausted over here (4:30am). I am trying to get something done tonight...but my computer is not cooperating and it has taken me longer than I had hoped/expected it to I'm just counting down the minutes until I can pass out Other than that, my day has been pretty good.

Oh, and I apparently am getting the entire trilogy in one shot from amazon. Ha! We'll see if I even manage to get through one book, let alone three

-Stef

Comment

I'm so tempted to buy them as a while but I already own them so.....
                            New one is coming out in March so you're coming on the bandwagon at the right time. Seriously I was like meh when I Daughter of the Blood but then I went and read the prequel (you have to read the prequel the invisible ring too as well as the semi sequel dreams made flesh) then I absolutely had to read the trilogy.
                            In D/V news........yeah I've got nothing except they're soooooo pretty and will have pretty babies.

Banner by Stef
                            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Oh, great. So I just got a crappy book that I need to read a prequel for??? This bodes ill for Daughter of the Blood!

DeVilish are awesome, aren't they? You know what's even awesomer? The name DeVilish. I wonder what insane genius came up with that name. Probably the same visionary that thought of the Oven. If only this mysterious D/V benefactor had come up with Fruitcakes as well, then she/he could have become the all-powerful overlord of the thread. Oh well, 2 outta 3 ain't bad!

Speaking of DeVilish...and speaking to Cat...an updated version of "No Sleep Tonight" will be coming out tomorrow. Calm down, don't worry...there are no huge construction changes (a couple of spots have been tweaked but I wouldn't say it's that noticeable). My main reason for updating the vid is to get rid of those pesky skiffy and skyone logos that I hate so much The picture quality should be better. I hope to eventually tidy up ALL of my vids...but for now this one will do. Although, Accidentally In Love, What About Now, and You're So Damn Hot are on deck next.

EDIT: Speaking of babies....anyone else ever see that "imagining" of D/V's daughter? Someone combined Daniel and Vala's pictures and created a child with it. It was actually quite creepy...but a good manipulation Apparently their daughter will be a masculine child! Myself, I imagine an adorable little girl with glasses and dark hair

-Stef

Comment

OMG I so agree cute litle daughter looks like Mummy but is truly her father's daughter.
                                You don't have to read the prequel it just helps. It basically expands on a story mentioned in Queen of the Darkness. I only read it first because it helped me to understand the ways of the society that the books were set.
                                I'm so excited about North and South though sounds cool and a updated version of No Sleep tonight? sounds really cool. Also

Congrats on 6,500 Stef

Banner by Stef
                                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Working...
                                X