Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post

I agree, I liked the fact that this was a true team episode. It's nice to see everyone together...makes a pretty picture. Plus, them and their two greatest villains working together is great. It's definitely the best aspect of this episode for me.

Wait, does Adria mean Vala or Sam? I always assumed she meant Sam. I guess it's because I never believed Adria would kill her mother...unless there truly was no other option (and even then I'm not so sure she would). But if she was referring to Vala, I like Daniel's protectiveness.

-Stef
    I took it to mean Vala as she's standing right next to Daniel and just guessing off the eyeline. Could've been Sam but I thought Vala. Plus Adria's read Daniel's mind before (which ever ep it was where they were on the ori ship... Counterstrike???) and also knows what Vala thinks of him. Perhaps she's using this information against Daniel to get them to agree.

Later in the ep Adria reveals that her powers don't work because of the safeguards that Morgan La Faye put in place and I was wondering if that meant outside the cave. If so, how did she morph from the old man to herself? If she didn't have her powers she needed to threaten to kill someone that she knew would get an immediate reaction from Daniel. While killing any member of SG-1 would have created a reaction something about his rapid reaction and the look Cam gives him afterwords makes me think that she chose Vala and got the reaction she wanted.
    sigpic

Comment

Okay, why does Daniel feel the need to bruise Vala as he pulls her back to the group?

LOL, love how Vala laughs at Ba'al's joke before coming to her senses and moving away.

Is it just me or are the riddles kind of really really lame?

All in all I think that it was a good episode, lots of DV in sutbles way but nothing too huge. I think we only really see Vala as less competent than the previous episodes when she's doing her "everyone, defer to me because I'm great at these things" with the riddles and then not being able to come through. It's always the things she says she's good at that she kind of isn't but the things she keeps quiet about, she has great skill in. I think that's why we better remember the things she couldn't do and it sucks that the writers wrote it that way...
      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Huh, wow...I never even thought it could be Vala...but maybe you guys are right!! I guess I thought she was looking at Sam. Plus, I figured it made more sense since Adria doesn't really know Sam, so she'd probably be the most expendable to her. I just assumed Daniel didn't want anyone to die...but now that I watch it, he does look towards Vala and reacts pretty strongly. Still, Adria says it pretty casually considering her feelings about her mother...and only a few scenes later isn't she talking to Vala, doing her converting spiel again? And why does she say "her" instead "my mother" or something more personal?

Sorry, it's just very confusion. On one hand I can totally see what you guys are talking about in the scene, but on the other hand Sam makes sense to me as well! I'm conflicted!! I like Daniel being protective, I don't like Adria threatening to kill her mom so nonchalantly.

-Stef
        Last edited by Stef; 07 September 2007, 11:14 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
          I think we only really see Vala as less competent than the previous episodes when she's doing her "everyone, defer to me because I'm great at these things" with the riddles and then not being able to come through. It's always the things she says she's good at that she kind of isn't but the things she keeps quiet about, she has great skill in. I think that's why we better remember the things she couldn't do and it sucks that the writers wrote it that way...
          ...I just...I just don't like what they did with her in this episode. I get that she can't solve everything for SG-1, but does she need to be so...goofy? This is the only episode where I can't argue with an anti-Vala person about, because I can't completely defend the character as being something more than comic relief. I don't like that!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I can see the point about Vala being written on the 'comic relief' side but I can also see her character trying desperatly to help. Without the "Oh, I'm good at riddles" then her failing to answer one, I listened specifically after Daniel recited the riddles for the group. She began to work them out methodicly, sounding them out and I believe at one point the way she worded it out helped Teal'c come up with the answer. She's not getting anywhere in answering them herself, but she's trying.
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry I missed most of the episode talk, I'd stay and comment for a while, but I'm about tapped for tonight

No, but I could make one. What size do you want it??
              Don't go to any special trouble, just if you get a chance, something with a width around seven to eight hundred pixels. Thanks
              Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Hello my fellow fruitcakes I'm back and am all caught up on the D/V goodness.
                Regarding MM: How can you not love this episode? THE HUG! Also I LOVE Daniel saying 'its time to come home.' The look on his face makes me squee! How he tugs her towards him ans clutching her towards him *sigh* Also Daniel's genuine smile when Vala gets her SG1 badges, very nice. Not D/V related but I really love Cam in this, not just cause of how good BB looks in his civvies. Love Landry's little shoulder shrug at the end makes me laugh.
                CoT: Alright episode though hate that they killed off Emerson and in such a sucky way. Love the D/V down on the planet and Vala's outfit and hairstyle. The whole thing on the Al'Kesh was awesome and love how Landry immediately agreed to Vala's plan. Also when Vala's trying to shove the crystal in the panel and it works!
                The quest 1: Love Ba'al so was cool to see him and Vala trying to solve all the riddles. Remember the first time I watched I knew something was up with the old man.

Alright belated congrats to the thread for 17,000 posts. Thanks Susan for all of the Con pics, love them. Will go to watch TQ1 soon.

- Cat

Banner by Stef
                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                  I can see the point about Vala being written on the 'comic relief' side but I can also see her character trying desperatly to help. Without the "Oh, I'm good at riddles" then her failing to answer one, I listened specifically after Daniel recited the riddles for the group. She began to work them out methodicly, sounding them out and I believe at one point the way she worded it out helped Teal'c come up with the answer. She's not getting anywhere in answering them herself, but she's trying.
                  Yes, I see your point. But I kind of got the feeling that she was a child sounding out a word....

Sorry, there I go being all negative again! At least I know that I'll be gushing and raving about TQ2 when we discuss that One of my top three favorites of the season! So strange that it has such a completely different vibe than the first part...

Oh, I forgot to say that I also liked the little beat with Ba'al. Shows that perhaps those two aren't so different afterall...(you know, except for him being an arrogant, power-hungry jerk ). *sigh* Continuum...
                  Spoiler:
                  I hope we get some good Ba'al/Vala scenes in Continuum...maybe a little jealousy from Daniel? That would be awesome! Of course, it is Qetesh and not Vala...but I think Daniel would be upset that he's anywhere near her...let alone married to her.

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                  Don't go to any special trouble, just if you get a chance, something with a width around seven to eight hundred pixels. Thanks
                  No problem. I'll just crop it and move the text around. Shouldn't be an issue

-Stef

Comment

Thanks Stef!

Night, Fruitcakes
                    Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                    Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Night Ren!is that right?

Banner by Stef
                      Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Here's a banner version of that wallpaper. It's 700x300:
                        Spoiler:

Does that work?

-Stef

Comment

Hot banner Stef! May have to ask for your artistic talent sometime

Banner by Stef
                          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Oh, I forgot to say that I also liked the little beat with Ba'al. Shows that perhaps those two aren't so different afterall...(you know, except for him being an arrogant, power-hungry jerk ). *sigh* Continuum...
                            Spoiler:
                            I hope we get some good Ba'al/Vala scenes in Continuum...maybe a little jealousy from Daniel? That would be awesome! Of course, it is Qetesh and not Vala...but I think Daniel would be upset that he's anywhere near her...let alone married to her.
                            Ooh Somehow I doubt that will happen though I wish beyond heaven and earth that it would. Isn't Daniel mostly out of that movie? Kind of removed from the main plot? But seriously, everyone, dear Fruitcakes, we need to lay out the hints that make us think there's a relationship going on in the movies!!!

Speculation is driving me insane. Now we have interviews, we have commentaries, etc but I personally have none of those and I think LC was also wondering about it though I'm sure we're not the only ones.

So, huge request I know and I apologize, but could anyone with any information on the hints about the movies (either in commentaries or interviews) transcribe that text/info so that we can dissect the heck out of it??

My giddy/frazzled/speculative nerves thank you all in advance

EDIT: G'night Renny!!
                            ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Hey are we officially the Fruitcakes now? I think it should be offical if its not already.

Banner by Stef
                              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                                Ooh Somehow I doubt that will happen though I wish beyond heaven and earth that it would. Isn't Daniel mostly out of that movie? Kind of removed from the main plot? But seriously, everyone, dear Fruitcakes, we need to lay out the hints that make us think there's a relationship going on in the movies!!!

Speculation is driving me insane. Now we have interviews, we have commentaries, etc but I personally have none of those and I think LC was also wondering about it though I'm sure we're not the only ones.

So, huge request I know and I apologize, but could anyone with any information on the hints about the movies (either in commentaries or interviews) transcribe that text/info so that we can dissect the heck out of it??

My giddy/frazzled/speculative nerves thank you all in advance

EDIT: G'night Renny!!
                                I've either not been paying attention or missing most of the news... Here's what I know so far:

AoT and Continuum
                                Spoiler:
                                For Ark Of Truth I really don't know much. I can't even think of anything right now....

Continuum: This is where I know something...lol. Daniel looses a leg ( I believe and don't freak out... It's gotta be an alternate thing, there's no way they'd do that in the movie and make it canon ), Nirti's in it (how much and exaclty what she does I haven't a clue) Jack, Sam and Cam end up in the Arctic and (I don't remember if this is speculation or fact... ) Jack is there to rescue Cam and Sam (so perhaps at the end of the movie). For Daniel or Vala stuff, I really don't know, only the Ba'al/Qetesh stuff.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X