No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, does anyone else think this bit is funny...

VALA: Trust me, if he knows anything I'll be able to get it out of him, but the key is to be as inconspicuous and as "non-threatening" as possible. [PAUSE] If you like, I can take Daniel.

She's basically just saying Daniel couldn't scare anyone. Reminds of the bit in Off the Grid when they're arguing who could pass as a drug smuggler/dealer.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Yes, I noticed that quite some time ago. All I can assume is that it's an old poll being recycled. I at least HOPE that's the case.

You know, now that you say that I feel like there was a line similar to that...or maybe I'm just hearing Cam say "woman" to someone and assume it's the same thing

-Stef
      Thanks guys!!! Seems' to be working. Phew... Almost gave me a heart attack.. first thing tomorrow, new coffee table with extra support legs

Ok, the line that perhaps is referenced is from BOUNTY:

Spoiler:
      At the very end when Vala's saying goodbye to Cam's parents and he's having a little goodbye of his own with Amy.

Vala (to Cam's parents):Thank you. Well, the General will probably blame me if we miss our plane, so we probably should get moving.
      (calling to Mitchell)
      Cameron! We have to get moving!
      Cam (yells): Go wait in the car! (just the way he says it... sounds just like the prompting line from the con)

Vala (back to the parents): I exaggerated the spiritual bond thing just a little.
      Cam's Dad: Yeah. Yeah, we got that.
      Vala: Thank you. Bye. (to Mitchell, harshly)Move it!!

Now onto CoT
      sigpic

Comment

Okay, does anyone else think this bit is funny...

VALA: Trust me, if he knows anything I'll be able to get it out of him, but the key is to be as inconspicuous and as "non-threatening" as possible. [PAUSE] If you like, I can take Daniel.

She's basically just saying Daniel couldn't scare anyone. Reminds of the bit in Off the Grid when they're arguing who could pass as a drug smuggler/dealer.

-Stef
        LoooooL You're absolutely right, poor Daniel
        ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
          Again, sorry for OT-ing but I'm going out of my mind here.

I am ONE page away from finishing the second chapter of Perchance to Live and you know what I'm blocking on???? A surface... I need Vala to be somewhere, anywhere, in a corner of a courtyard, waiting...and I can't decide on a surface upon which to do so...

So, I'm going to ask you all to just pick one, first to post will be chosen and I'll fit the rest of the page around that Please help!!
          Under a tree... sorry, too many romantic movies
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
            Under a tree... sorry, too many romantic movies
            Ah ha! ...challenging, challenging but it can work!! I'll make it work Thanks Toomi!!

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Ah ha! ...challenging, challenging but it can work!! I'll make it work Thanks Toomi!!
              You don't have to use it, I was just thinking off the top of my head, literally. See what other folks come up with... Said fic of yours, is it posted anywhere?
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys!!! Seems' to be working. Phew... Almost gave me a heart attack.. first thing tomorrow, new coffee table with extra support legs

Spoiler:
                At the very end when Vala's saying goodbye to Cam's parents and he's having a little goodbye of his own with Amy.

Vala (to Cam's parents):Thank you. Well, the General will probably blame me if we miss our plane, so we probably should get moving.
                (calling to Mitchell)
                Cam (yells): Go wait in the car! (just the way he says it... sounds just like the prompting line from the con)

Vala (back to the parents): I exaggerated the spiritual bond thing just a little.

Now onto CoT
                *g*
                You know lately I've realized that they use a lot of Acer brand laptops that look just like mine on SG-1 lol. /*random

You know what, that might be it! It's been a while since I saw Bounty. And then I watched it with my brother again, and I think he's been watching Farscape or something and ended up noting how they play off each other sometimes.
                I know some people didn't exactly care for Bounty, but it kind of amused me, I guess I'll wait and see what I think going through it looking specifically from the D/V side of things.. (It's rather hard to do so when watching with your brother who will inevitably roll his eyes at any and all squeeing/fangirling/shippy rambles..)
                Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

You don't have to use it, I was just thinking off the top of my head, literally. See what other folks come up with... Said fic of yours, is it posted anywhere?
                  No no, I put forth a challenge and I'm happy to accept yours! Besides, I just wrote it up and it works, yay! Thanks again!

And yes, Perchance to Live (and all my fics) are posted at my FF.net account and at my LJ.

Perchance to Live though is a really separated AU from the show. I'll be bringing in LOTS of elements from the myths and characters and such of the show but not much of anything canon.

My other fics are more canon-based

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Tsk tsk Stef
                    I know, I'm a horrible person. Between Wendy's vid and the one I'm trying to enter in the vidding competition over at Kawoosh...and making screencaps I just don't get around to reading many fics. I feel bad because I know you guys want feedback and it's only fair since you've watched my slew of videos.

Spoiler:

(calling to Mitchell)

Now onto CoT
                    Ha! I was actually thinking it might have been from "Bounty" before you said that but I couldn't think of the scene. That must've been it

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                    *g*
                    You know lately I've realized that they use a lot of Acer brand laptops that look just like mine on SG-1 lol. /*random
                    They use a lot of Dell brand computers too, don't they? Isn't that what Sam has?

I know some people didn't exactly care for Bounty, but it kind of amused me, I guess I'll wait and see what I think going through it looking specifically from the D/V side of things.. (It's rather hard to do so when watching with your brother who will inevitably roll his eyes at any and all squeeing/fangirling/shippy rambles..)
                    I liked Bounty. I didn't LOVE it but it was definitely entertaining! If I recall, D/V only share one or two scenes...and it's really just them with the team.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

IThey use a lot of Dell brand computers too, don't they? Isn't that what Sam has?
                      If memory serves, Sam was using a Dell on the Ori ship in the Counterstrike.
                      A Dell notebook for Ancient Tecnology?? I had a biiiiig WTF moment there but then I remembered that we had always used our computers to deal with Ancient tec. so I felt better.

But I still find it hilarious. I mean, come onn...
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                        If memory serves, Sam was using a Dell on the Ori ship in the Counterstrike.
                        A Dell notebook for Ancient Tecnology?? I had a biiiiig WTF moment there but then I remembered that we had always used our computers to deal with Ancient tec. so I felt better.

But I still find it hilarious. I mean, come onn...
                        I remember it from LITS. She had a fancy Dell with the weird lights on the outside. I remember finding it odd...

They also used a Dell to plug into that memory device in MM...I remember that because it's the same model as mine

In all fairness, "24" uses Dells (and Macs) too.

-Stef

Comment

They use a lot of Dell brand computers too, don't they? Isn't that what Sam has?

I liked Bounty. I didn't LOVE it but it was definitely entertaining! If I recall, D/V only share one or two scenes...and it's really just them with the team.

-Stef
                          *g* I think so. Those computers must have some kinda awesome modifications on them if they haven't blown up yet...

Yep! And then there was Michael's ad-lib 'And you would've gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for us meddling kids' which cracks me up every time..
                          Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
                          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

-Stef
                            I like it too. It was cheesy but it wasn't meant to be a ground shaking episode. I knew what it was going to be. I was prepared. It was funny and I had a nice time while I was watching it. Besides, who can say 'no' to a civil Daniel with leather and a Daisy Vala. That episode is a eye-candy for all fan.
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by Stef

Comment

I know, I'm a horrible person. Between Wendy's vid and the one I'm trying to enter in the vidding competition over at Kawoosh...and making screencaps I just don't get around to reading many fics. I feel bad because I know you guys want feedback and it's only fair since you've watched my slew of videos.
                              Lol, I was just kidding Besides, we watch your videos because we're addicted to visual DV goodness which you just happen to provide in spades

And now I'm wishing I had a Dell...stupid Gateway

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

In all fairness, "24" uses Dells (and Macs) too.
                                But "24" is dealing with alien technology? (I don't know, I only saw it first season, after there they might have Roswell plots.)
                                My problem with there is not any computer name. It might be Dell, IBM, HP, etc... The problem is their technology is far too high for any earth computer. Probably they made grand modification on the computers, but still it's odd.

*g* I think so. Those computers must have some kinda awesome modifications on them if they haven't blown up yet...
                                Hehe. I wish I had them too.
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X