No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I just got my computer on again. And I'm catching up on the threads, but I'll upload a bunch here soon to pb.

Loved the vids, btw. Kelley, if you come back, you have your Cas/Dean(?) vid up twice. No Sam/Jack vid.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Morning everyone

Ever: I do? (yeah, it's Cas/Dean, or Dean/Cas, whichever way =P) Oi... Sorry, it was late. I must not have copied the link to the SG-1 vid like I thought I did... Will have to fix that.

I take it that means you watched it? Long way from the vid Susan posted from my old account, huh? XD I wonder what I was thinking, for some of my old ones.

Actually, I occasionally wonder what I was thinking with some of my newer ones... But not in an "oh god, this is horrible" way... More in a "oh god, what did I get myself into when I started this" way.

anywho hope everyone had a good night's rest.

...On the subject of the Cas/Dean vs Dean/Cas (Dean/Cas is the norm)... Has anyone else noticed that? Daniel/Vala is ALWAYS Daniel/Vala... Never Vala/Daniel... Another new ship, from Alice... It's Alice/Hatter, never Hatter/Alice.... Booth/Bones, as opposed to Bones/Booth... And I don't ship it, and never would in a million years, but Jack/Daniel, instead of Daniel/Jack...

Comment

As far as the het relationship goes, I usually go for the - older perhaps - proper English of naming the man first. Yes, I'm old fashioned that way. Can't speak to the slash relationships. Although, I read somewhere - years ago when I was first getting into fanfic - that the dominate one is listed first and the submissive one second. Don't know if that applies though.
        sigpic

Comment

Hahaha, I thought "well, it's just the man first" as well- which made me defiantly start listing the chick first for a while XD- but then I discovered slash... While I didn't ship anything slash (except for Jack/Ianto, and Jack/Nine when I'm feeling cracky) until D/C, that killed the "man first" theory, since they're both dudes...

After that is when Alice/Hatter came along, which also trumps the "man first" idea.

As for dominant/submissive... That could be the case in some pairings- possibly in most- but there are some that it doesn't fit for, or it's a 50/50 thing... D/C for example, would sometimes be Cas/Dean, just as easily as Dean/Cas. It depends on which episode you're watching =P (or which fic you're reading.)

....Hmm, wonder what that'd mean for Victor/Sierra on Dollhouse, neither of which would know "dominant" if it bit them in the ass. Once they became Tony/Priya, that was no longer an issue, but as dolls XD

EDIT: My sister so wisely concludes: "It's what rolls off the tongue better"

....Maybe that's why I can't decide whether it's Jack/Sam, or Sam/Jack... Both work about the same for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            As far as the het relationship goes, I usually go for the - older perhaps - proper English of naming the man first. Yes, I'm old fashioned that way. Can't speak to the slash relationships. Although, I read somewhere - years ago when I was first getting into fanfic - that the dominate one is listed first and the submissive one second. Don't know if that applies though.

Misi's got a point here about the male name going first...it probably used to be that way, but generally to me it's a matter of the flow of the names...to me my name coming before my husband's name just flows better...whereas my brother's name and then my SIL's sounds better.
            In the case of DV...I like to think that we in the Oven determined the DV convention...because it really was quite offensive for them to be referred to as V(ee)D(ee) doncha think?
            As for Jack and Daniel...I'd say it's the more natural flow because of the name of the whiskey
            I think Sam and Jack sounds better...but J/S is alphabetically natural.
            sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
            http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

With this bracelet, I thee ship!
              sigpic

Comment

... am I the only one who thinks it might be cool to have those bracelets made, and worn in place of wedding rings? (god I'm such a geek)

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, Kelley! I think all of us are a little geeky in various ways.
                  sigpic

Comment

Lol, indeed.

Gods know, I'd probably have better luck not losing a wedding bracelet. I'd lose a ring in about 5 minutes. I have horrible luck with rings =P.

Comment

My ring almost never comes off my finger. I've got others, but those are in my jewelry box for the most part.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
                        ... am I the only one who thinks it might be cool to have those bracelets made, and worn in place of wedding rings? (god I'm such a geek)
                        I've got a WIP that involves them wearing circular things to stay connected but they aren't meant specifically to indicate they are married nor are the items woven., but I have to admit that as soon as I saw that pic I thought of these two items.
                        sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

[QUOTE=Everlovin;11287533]My ring almost never comes off my finger. I've got others, but those are in my jewelry box for the most part.

LOL...MY wedding rings WON'T come off, they'd need to be cut off,lol
                          sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Haha, I can manage to even lose rings I'm wearing. One got lost 'cause I had my hands in my pockets, and I pulled 'em out... Ring gets pulled off my finger by the pocket, and somehow flies away.... Unfortunately, this was in walmart, and I wasn't able to find it -_-.

Our golden retriever ate one... Was this really nice amethyst, and diamond ring. I never took it off, unless I had to. Didn't wanna wear it to wash dishes, so I put it on the coffee table... I come back to find the chewed remains of my ring on the floor.

our mutt ate my nice sapphire one. Still have the gem, though XD

God I've lost so many over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
                              Haha, I can manage to even lose rings I'm wearing. One got lost 'cause I had my hands in my pockets, and I pulled 'em out... Ring gets pulled off my finger by the pocket, and somehow flies away.... Unfortunately, this was in walmart, and I wasn't able to find it -_-.

Our golden retriever ate one... Was this really nice amethyst, and diamond ring. I never took it off, unless I had to. Didn't wanna wear it to wash dishes, so I put it on the coffee table... I come back to find the chewed remains of my ring on the floor.

our mutt ate my nice sapphire one. Still have the gem, though XD

God I've lost so many over the years.
                              LOL!! I take it you didnt want to wait for nature to takes its course with your dog?

Only kidding as that would gross me out too...

sigpic
                              Made by me.

Comment

Haha, that wouldn't have been so bad. They were chewed into oblivion, though.

the damn goldy eats any type of jewelry (or perhaps it's chewelry) she can get her paws on. But she doesn't just swallow things, she chews them first. So there's no waiting for nature =P

Comment

Working...
                                X