Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Okay, so all of these episode games that I've been playing made me think of a question: WHAT ARE MS' AND CB'S STRONGEST/BEST EPISODES? (try to limit it to one episode...hard, I know!)
    From a puely acting point of view, for MS, I'd have to say "Lifepoat" because hello he created eight seperate characters on screen including a little boy. Each was different and unique and identifyable by body posture and attitude. Runners up would be "The Shroud" (acting while strapped down and wearing both prostetics and contacts), and "Holiday"(playing both Daniel and Ma'chello[ in protetics] and then later Jack. )
    My choices?? I would choose "Legacy" for MS. I was blown away by his "schizophrenic" performance, the way he switched between hysteria, anger, fear was amazing.
    Exactly why it is my favorite episode. I love the way he uses his hands to undescore the crazyness with out going over the top.

I'll have an answer to the question for CB's acting later.=)
    sigpic
    thanks Stef
    Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally Posted by Stef
      Okay, so all of these episode games that I've been playing made me think of a question: WHAT ARE MS' AND CB'S STRONGEST/BEST EPISODES? (try to limit it to one episode...hard, I know!)
      I think that MS's best episode is Legacy. Ecellent acting all around. He had me convinced he was crazy!!!!

CB, I would have to say The Powers that Be. One minute she was Thief Vala and the next minute she was actually compassionate and crying.

Originally posted by djay View Post
      Ok, another (shallow) question!
      What are the top three best physical features of Daniel and Vala?

Daniel:
      1. Blue eyes
      2. His lips
      3. The arms

Vala:
      1. The hair
      2. Her eyes
      3. Her abs

DJAY
      I love this question!!!!!

Daniel:
      1. Eyes
      2. ARMS!!!!
      3. Lips

Vala:
      1. Her hair
      2. Her slim figure
      3. Lips
      sigpic
      Sig made by me

Comment

Ack! You're all making me question my CB episode (still sure of MS')! I think I might have to change it to "Avalon Pt.2" now. She was just amazing in that one. She was sexy, funny, and vulnerable. Plus, props to her for a great "being burned alive" performance

Okay, so I spent the past few hours working on a brand new D/V vid. People asked for angst, and they'll be getting it! It's all but done at this point, I just need to tweak a few scenes....but I'm just too tired to do it right now. Hopefully, I'll get it done later today...although my parents have decided to pay me a visit tonight. Actually, they came to tour my campus for the last time before I leave. On the plus side, I'm getting two free meals out of it! Night/morning everyone!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Fave eps for acting...? Em, MS = Lifeboat, Shroud, Pegasus Project, FIAD, Secrets (I have a thing for him monologuing, yes )

CB= Dominion, Unending, Avalon Pt 2, PU (so good they had to bring her back! )

Comment

For the love question:

I think that Daniel would be the first to admit his feelings and/or says he's in love. Vala will never go straight out and say it, I think she's already prepared to be just friends will with Daniel, no matter how she feels, because she's would not be willing to put herself out there so openly. In that way I think her defense mechanisms are even stronger than Daniel's, because she will continously let herself stay in a state of denial, unless she really has to confront said feeling. She might also feel like she's in love first, but she'll express it with action instead of words, or just blurt it out at some random moment.

Daniel on the other hand, will probably deny how he feels, but when he accepts it, he'll be the first to put himself out there. Like it's been said, he is the more verbal of the two, so as hard as it might be for him to let his feelings out, he would actually say them out loud. But saying their in love, well I don't think he would right out say in a grand deceleration, but a small moment. LC said something about a note, which I found to to be too cute.

Episodes:
            CB- Dominion, TBTB, Avalon p2, PU,
            MS- Legacy, Shroud, Lifeboat, PU (okay, that's just because it was the beginning of DV)

EDIT: I posted vignettes over at my LJ: Vignettes
            Last edited by isabelqc; 07 July 2007, 09:58 AM.
            banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post

Liked those a lot Isa, 'specially the first one...hmmm...care to show us how the second one would go???????????
              LC
              sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
              http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                For the love question:

I think that Daniel would be the first to admit his feelings and/or says he's in love. Vala will never go straight out and say it, I think she's already prepared to be just friends will with Daniel, no matter how she feels, because she's would not be willing to put herself out there so openly. In that way I think her defense mechanisms are even stronger than Daniel's, because she will continously let herself stay in a state of denial, unless she really has to confront said feeling. She might also feel like she's in love first, but she'll express it with action instead of words, or just blurt it out at some random moment.

Daniel on the other hand, will probably deny how he feels, but when he accepts it, he'll be the first to put himself out there. Like it's been said, he is the more verbal of the two, so as hard as it might be for him to let his feelings out, he would actually say them out loud. But saying their in love, well I don't think he would right out say in a grand deceleration, but a small moment. LC said something about a note, which I found to to be too cute.

Episodes:
                CB- Dominion, TBTB, Avalon p2, PU,
                MS- Legacy, Shroud, Lifeboat, PU (okay, that's just because it was the beginning of DV)

Sooooo cute Isa, thanks
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

Can't wait to see your new vid, Stef! Is this the Breathe one?

DJAY
                  He's her Lobster!
                  LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Just read your new fics, Isa. Both fabulous but I totally adore the first one. Great job!

DJAY
                    He's her Lobster!
                    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
                      Can't wait to see your new vid, Stef! Is this the Breathe one?

DJAY
                      Don't be silly! Me actually finishing one of the 6 vids I was already working on? No. This is one I just got inspired to start last night when the idea hit me after watching a vid on YT. The "Breathe" one is almost finished as well, there's just one section that I'm struggling with...once that's taken care of, that one should be on its way as well (two angst in a row!). I have about 4 vids right now that are done but still need some tweaking....but I can't seem to fix them....so I've shelved them until the inspiration hits Let's see, I've started on 2 team, 3 D/V, 1 Sam/Vala, and 1 Men of SG-1 vid. We'll see what you guys actually get to see though.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Don't be silly! Me actually finishing one of the 6 vids I was already working on? No. This is one I just got inspired to start last night when the idea hit me after watching a vid on YT. The "Breathe" one is almost finished as well, there's just one section that I'm struggling with...once that's taken care of, that one should be on its way as well (two angst in a row!). I have about 4 vids right now that are done but still need some tweaking....but I can't seem to fix them....so I've shelved them until the inspiration hits Let's see, I've started on 2 team, 3 D/V, 1 Sam/Vala, and 1 Men of SG-1 vid. We'll see what you guys actually get to see though.

-Stef
                        They all sound great, especially the Men of SG-1 video. I can't wait to see them Stef!! You know that has got me to thinking...They need just a Men of SG-1 calendar

I just got done capping Crusade and may share a few pics once they are done downloading
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Yay! Thanks for the screencaps, DJgirl! I seriously love Vala as Daniel. I wish we had gotten a whole episode like that. I know it's been done before (notably on "Farscape") but I'd love to see a body-switch episode. I really enjoy seeing the actors play each other...and you got to imagine they had fun doing it! Each role has it's own quirks....imagine if Vala were Teal'c or Teal'c were Vala!! Okay, that last scenario is freaking me out

Ooh, yay for 3,000 posts! Time really flies after 1,000.

-Stef

Comment

Yay! Thanks for the screencaps, DJgirl! I seriously love Vala as Daniel. I wish we had gotten a whole episode like that. I know it's been done before (notably on "Farscape") but I'd love to see a body-switch episode. I really enjoy seeing the actors play each other...and you got to imagine they had fun doing it! Each role has it's own quirks....imagine if Vala were Teal'c or Teal'c were Vala!! Okay, that last scenario is freaking me out

Ooh, yay for 3,000 posts! Time really flies after 1,000.

-Stef
                                Glad you like the caps. I just got finished with Camelot, which makes me officially done capping season 9...WOOHOO!!!! Now tomorrow I will go back to season 3 where I left off. You are welcome to snurch any pics I have Stef Wendy's PB

Well in Season 2 of SG-1, there is the episode Holiday. O'Neill and Teal'c end up switching bodies and it is hilarious. CJ did a really good job trying to play RDA Daniel's body is switched with Ma'Chello, and that is humorous and sad at the same time. Then at the end, they all kind of switch-a-roo and Jack is inside Daniel. It is a great episode.

Daniel as Jack and Jack as Daniel

Teal'c as O'Neill

on 3000 posts Stef!!
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X