No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else been reading JM's blog lately? I am having a real giggle over his letters to Ali!

DJAY
    He's her Lobster!
    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

I found out this info on Season Ten about the special features.
      (It's from EzyDVD)

* Commentary for Each Episode TBC
      * SG-1 Directories Series TBC
      * The Ori: A New Enemy TBC
      * Stargate SG-1: Behind the 200th TBC
      * Setting the Mood with Jim Menard TBC
      * Life as a Tech with Gary Jones TBC
      * Deleted Scenes w/ an Introduction by Joseph Mallozzi TBC
      * Photo Galleries TBC
      * Production Design Gallery TBC

DJAY
      He's her Lobster!
      LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
        Anyone else been reading JM's blog lately? I am having a real giggle over his letters to Ali!

DJAY
        Oh dude yes. My day is not complete with out a trip to Joe's blog. (sad as that sounds.) He cracks me up (not to mention makes me hungry).

The Ali saga is quite diverting.
        sigpic
        thanks Stef
        Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
          3. Mal/River (Firefly)
          Aye dios mio!! I was actually surprised to find out that this is a somewhat popular ship (although, I was even more surprised to find like 10 videos for Jayne/River!!). I can honestly say that the thought of them together never crossed my mind! Maybe I'm just not creative enough....they did have a cute moment at the end of Serenity when he calls her his little "albatross" though
          Yeah, I'm loving his "correspondence" with Ali!! Did you see in the two previous posts how he edited the same person's posts twice to make them come out more positive than they actually were? Pretty funny! Love that guy I actually completely forgot that he wrote "Counterstrike" until I was watching it with my friend tonight. I love how he addressed Sha're and has a nice bonding moment between D/V.

My friend and I were also watching MM tonight and she made a comment about Daniel's reaction at the end-when Vala talks about completing their date. She was commenting on how his hand gesture is akin to saying "it was this close" (he pinches his fingers together). Which, she then said was idiotic because it's either a date or it isn't, and his clear over-the-top assertions that it wasn't one indicated how clearly it was. She also pointed out the fact that he emphasized "friends and co-workers" only proved that, because if it hadn't been one he would have said something like "we just grabbed some dinner." We of course already know all of this, but it's nice to see my friend (who isn't a shipper in general) recognize what's between them

In regards to ships, if we're including movies then Han/Leia, Rhett/Scarlett, Faramir/Eowyn, and Darcy/Elizabeth might be added to that list (technically, the last two are novel-based)

Since my ship question went over so well (and spurred some actual discussion), I'm now curious to see what our favorite FRIENDSHIPS are (you can have D/V in there too if you see them as friends first, lovers second).

My Top Ten:
          1. Turk/JD (Scrubs)
          2. House/Wilson (House)
          3. Angel/Spike (well, they were friends/enemies--Angel/Buffy)
          4. John/Chiana (Farscape)
          5. Cam/Sam (SG-1) [TIE]
          5. Sam/Vala (SG-1) [TIE]
          7. John/D'Argo (Farscape)
          8. Sheppard/McKay (SGA)
          9. Lee/Kara (yes, I can see them as friends--BSG)
          10. Spike/Andrew (Buffy)

Hmmm....notice that male/male seem to dominate. I wonder why that is I would include D/V but I just can't see them outside of a romantic light.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            Aye dios mio!! I was actually surprised to find out that this is a somewhat popular ship (although, I was even more surprised to find like 10 videos for Jayne/River!!). I can honestly say that the thought of them together never crossed my mind! Maybe I'm just not creative enough....they did have a cute moment at the end of Serenity when he calls her his little "albatross" though
            Actualy that should be an OT3. Mal/River/Serenity since niether would leave Serenity behind.

One the date thing. It is my belief that he would have been more willing to call it a date were it not for Tomin still being in the picture. He was reminded that Tomin was still alive the episode before so to Daniel, Vala is a married woman so it couldn't have been a date. (That and he is still scared to admit his feelings but since he can hide behind her marital status he doesn't have to confront his fear. He can just pretend they are really good friends.)
            sigpic
            thanks Stef
            Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

*Waves* Can someone explain to me why work has to get in the way of fandom?

One the date thing. It is my belief that he would have been more willing to call it a date were it not for Tomin still being in the picture. He was reminded that Tomin was still alive the episode before so to Daniel, Vala is a married woman so it couldn't have been a date. (That and he is still scared to admit his feelings but since he can hide behind her marital status he doesn't have to confront his fear. He can just pretend they are really good friends.)
              I think it's a date. I consider Vala Tomin 'separated' by this point, so it's all good to me.

Mayogaelz, that is gorgeous.

My top ten ships (In no particular order):

Han/Leia - I think it's safe to say we all love this one!

Revan/Carth (Knights of the Old Republic) - It's quite possibly the ultimate redemption love story I've ever seen. And it's Star Wars and has fantastic banter.

Exile/Atton (Knights of the Old Republic II) - More redemption, but so much darker than Revan/Carth. And Atton's a Han Solo type, so that's always fun!

Sheppard/Weir - Because it's subtle and based on friendship, and oh, the chemistry!

Daniel/Vala - I wouldn't be here if I didn't!

Worf/Jadzia (DS9) - Klingon weddings are so much fun.

Riker/Troi (TNG) - Took them long enough, but got there in the end!

There's probably a few more, but I can't think of them right now.
              sigpic
              Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Actualy that should be an OT3. Mal/River/Serenity since niether would leave Serenity behind.

I happen to prescribe to latter theory I also think it's just the implications of what a "date" would mean to their relationship...and although he wanted to take that step, I don't think he was ready to admit that he wanted to. Does that make any sense?

Okay, so it looks as if I might get a music video done sometime this week (if not tomorrow). I really hope I didn't just jinx it by saying that. I've started about 6 vids this month (I'm not exaggerating) but can't seem to finish any of them! The one I almost have finished is a Vala-centric team vid. It's set to "Breathe Me" (see my banner). I know that someone already did a DV vid to it, but I really thought it was perfect for Vala's relationship with the team as a whole this season, not just Daniel. Plus, I got inspired by FT...how she goes through all of this angst and then just needs someone to be there for her (Sam). That's where my entire inspiration came from, the lines "Hurt myself again today/And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame/Be my friend/Hold me, wrap me up"

Crossing my fingers that things go smoothly

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

My friend and I were also watching MM tonight and she made a comment about Daniel's reaction at the end-when Vala talks about completing their date. She was commenting on how his hand gesture is akin to saying "it was this close" (he pinches his fingers together). Which, she then said was idiotic because it's either a date or it isn't, and his clear over-the-top assertions that it wasn't one indicated how clearly it was. She also pointed out the fact that he emphasized "friends and co-workers" only proved that, because if it hadn't been one he would have said something like "we just grabbed some dinner." We of course already know all of this, but it's nice to see my friend (who isn't a shipper in general) recognize what's between them
                  Ok. I assume he paid, they went to a very nice place and dressed up nicely.
                  In my book it's called DATE.
                  I don't see Vala and Tomin as a married couple. That's all I'm gonna say about that subject.
                  Last edited by gioia; 04 July 2007, 02:11 AM. Reason: i can't type
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gioia View Post
                    ahh, moonlighting I just love those two.
                    But you're absolutely right. UST doesn't work after a certain place but I love their bickering much. They're so good at that, I think as good as Dala and Han/Leia

It's amazing. Just awesome.
                    You're talented

Ohh, I don't understand why you're thinking that it doesn't work. I think it works just fine. Just try to ease the conservation in whole story..Sorry, If I didn't help much

And Happy 4th of July, for y'all Americans

DJAY
                    the best part of the day!

Originally posted by Kath Pup View Post
                    *Waves* Can someone explain to me why work has to get in the way of fandom?

I think it's a date. I consider Vala Tomin 'separated' by this point, so it's all good to me.

Mayogaelz, that is gorgeous.

My top ten ships (In no particular order):

Han/Leia - I think it's safe to say we all love this one!

Revan/Carth (Knights of the Old Republic) - It's quite possibly the ultimate redemption love story I've ever seen. And it's Star Wars and has fantastic banter.

Exile/Atton (Knights of the Old Republic II) - More redemption, but so much darker than Revan/Carth. And Atton's a Han Solo type, so that's always fun!

Sheppard/Weir - Because it's subtle and based on friendship, and oh, the chemistry!

Daniel/Vala - I wouldn't be here if I didn't!

Worf/Jadzia (DS9) - Klingon weddings are so much fun.

Riker/Troi (TNG) - Took them long enough, but got there in the end!

There's probably a few more, but I can't think of them right now.
                    thanks guys
                    sigpic

Comment

In an effort to be fair in judging between the episodes in the favorite ship episode picture game, I went and watched "Beneath the Surface" for the first time. Besides a rather sweaty, masculine-looking Daniel, I don't particularly get the appeal of that episode "Divide & Conquer" I understand. Am I missing something here?

Like I said, dirty-Daniel was the only thing I enjoyed about the episode...

I think Vala likes what she sees...

And with that, I bid you all goodnight!

-Stef
                      Last edited by Stef; 04 July 2007, 06:46 AM.

Comment

In an effort to be fair in judging between the episodes in the favorite ship episode picture game, I went and watched "Beneath the Surface." Besides a rather sweaty, masculine-looking Daniel, I don't particularly get the appeal of that episode Why that episode? Am I missing something?

Okay, I really just brought that up so that I could post these:
                        http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b.../4x10_0074.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b.../4x10_0196.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b.../4x10_0273.jpg

I think Vala likes what she sees...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...ingtheView.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...s-Vala-Lip.jpg

And with that, I bid you all goodnight!

-Stef
                        I think the appeal with the S/J thing in Beneath the Surface is that is was after Divide and Conquer and Window of Opportunity so the ship was in full force. Also there was a kiss in BTS that they cut out because it was too soon after WoO.

Side bar: Beneath the Surface was the episode that finally solidified my massive love for MS/Daniel Jackson. I didn't start to crush on him until season 3, Forever in a Day. The crush got bigger and bigger until BTS, then there was no turning back
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                          I think the appeal with the S/J thing in Beneath the Surface is that is was after Divide and Conquer and Window of Opportunity so the ship was in full force. Also there was a kiss in BTS that they cut out because it was too soon after WoO.

Side bar: Beneath the Surface was the episode that finally solidified my massive love for MS/Daniel Jackson. I didn't start to crush on him until season 3, Forever in a Day. The crush got bigger and bigger until BTS, then there was no turning back
                          In all fairness, look at him! It's kind of bizarre for me to look at those pictures and then look at pictures of him from seasons 1 & 2 Not the same person!!

Hmm...I guess that I can kind of understand the BTS thing then. I guess it didn't appeal to me because they didn't even remember who they were....I was just wondering why something like "Threads" or WoO didn't get the tag instead.

Anyway, question: what did you guys think of "Lifeboat"? I'm trying to catch-up on some of the better Daniel episodes and this one is being mentioned in the favorite Daniel episode thread.

Now I'm really going to bed!

-Stef

Comment

In all fairness, look at him! It's kind of bizarre for me to look at those pictures and then look at pictures of him from seasons 1 & 2 Not the same person!!

Hmm...I guess that I can kind of understand the BTS thing then. I guess it didn't appeal to me because they didn't even remember who they were....I was just wondering why something like "Threads" or WoO didn't get the tag instead.

Anyway, question: what did you guys think of "Lifeboat"? I'm trying to catch-up on some of the better Daniel episodes and this one is being mentioned in the favorite Daniel episode thread.

Now I'm really going to bed!

-Stef

Lifeboat was pretty darn good. Daniel has like 12 consciousnesses in him and they keep surfacing and are very different from each other. MS did a great job acting in this one. It isn't one of my all time favs, but I can see why others would say so!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                              Ha ha...I wasn't going to respond to this question because as a general rule I don't pay much attention because I have no faith that the writers will ever let one of these relationships develop and resolve properly, but some of yours made me laugh!

Maddie/David....lolololol...for anyone that doesn't know David was played by Bruce Willis...back in the days when he actually allowed himself to have hair,lol....but yet another 'ship' that wasn't allowed to end properly...they just replaying the UST and after a while it just got annoying....and the SG writers should take note of that...keep playing the UST conflict too long and the viewers just get annoyed and it's not amusing anymore.

Remington Steele/Laura...I love this one personally...but then it was Pierce Brosnan...what more can one say.

I'll add the one that I really couldn't stand: Sam/Diane(Cheers)...sorry macho, dumb jocks do nothing for me.

I'm with you Rac I love the flirt and the nerd...it's just so satisfying to see her make him be physical...'specially when it's one like our dear linguist that you really want to see be physical,lol.
                              There was another one that I really liked too but that probably had to do with it involving Bruce Boxleitner..."The Scarecrow and Mrs King"
                              LC
                              OOhhh I forgot scarecrow and mrs. king - I adored that show! I feel silly that I simply expected that everyone remembered Bruce Willis and Cybill Sherpherd were Maddie & David.(showing my age yet again!) I agree that TPTB just dragged that relationship out to ridiculous lengths and ruined it for everyone. I also agree with you about Sam/Diane... he was a moron and she was a whiner (can't stand whiners), also I don't find shows set in bars particularly funny.
                              As for the flirt and the nerd-- it is too funny to watch Vala get Daniel all flustered. some men look good flustered and he is one of them!

Speaking of fanfic...I've got a really big favour to ask. I'm struggling with the next vignetter in my 'first day' series and I'd really like other opinions. Stef thinks it works and I'm just not sure. So could anyone who's willing, read the first three pieces here:
                              http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstor...&warning=NC-17

and then read this:
                              Spoiler:

The door slid open.
                              “Hallo darling, “ Vala sauntered across the room, stopping directly in front of him, one arm slipping around his waist, the other hand straying down the front of his jeans. “as requested I’m here to get you up before lunch.”
                              “Ya know,” Daniel rubbed the towel over his head then dropped it to the bed, “as soon as those words were out of my mouth I knew how you were going to take it.”
                              She grinned wickedly, her fingers lightly stroking over the zipper, “Well how could I resist such a delightful invitation?”
                              “It wasn’t an invitation Vala, it was a simple request to come and get me in time for lunch, so enough please,” he removed her hand, turning away to retrieve a comb from the dresser. Stepping in front of the full-length mirror on the closet door to pull the comb through his hair, he glanced at her reflection in the mirror, barely noticing that she was suddenly more subdued than when she first entered.
                              “Were you aware that Mitchell saw you this morning.”
                              She shrugged, staring at the carpet. “Yeah I knew.”
                              Daniel took a shirt from from a dresser drawer to pull it over his head. “So why did he think you were limping?”
                              “I have no…oh wait,” the puzzlement cleared from her voice, “as I was turning away from him a muscle in my hip cramped and made me step funny until it let go, guess that’s what he saw.”
                              “Ah, that makes more sense…I didn’t think we had done anything that strenuous.” he pulled a pair of socks from the dresser and sat down to put them on.
                              “So I guess the others know then?”
                              He roamed the room, scanning for his shoes. “Um yeah, unfortunately.”
                              “Unfortunately Daniel?”
                              He bent to retrieve a shoe from where it was just tucked under the bed, sitting down on the opposite side of the bed from her to put it on. “I was hoping to ease them into this change between us over two or three days so they wouldn’t think that being here has driven us completely insane.” he finally snagged the other shoe from under the dresser.
                              She jumped up heading for the door. “Oh, that makes perfect sense because yes of course you’d have to be completely insane to have those types of feelings for me.”
                              She was gone before he even got his shoe on.
                              “Vala…wait,” he pulled the shoe on and leapt for the door, “that wasn’t…”
                              He stopped in the corridor in time to see her enter the elevator.
                              When he arrived in the mess she had already settled in a chair at the end of the table furthest from where they usually sat together. He took his seat beside Cam and reached for the makings of subs.
                              Lost in his own awareness that he had hurt her again he didn’t realize the strained silence between them had settled over the entire group. He caught her eye as she was getting up to leave and for a moment he saw the shimmer of tears, then the moment was gone and her grey eyes were cool and expressionless.
                              Soon after he left also.
                              The other four watched him disappear into the corridor.
                              Sam sighed shooting a look at Cam, “Well so much for your fewer disagreements theory.”

And then tell me if you think it works or even if it makes sense. Please ignore typos, it's still a little rough.
                              Thanks in advance
                              LC
                              ohhhhhhh more fan fic.... here I go! thanks!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Speaking of fanfic...I've got a really big favour to ask. I'm struggling with the next vignetter in my 'first day' series and I'd really like other opinions. Stef thinks it works and I'm just not sure. So could anyone who's willing, read the first three pieces here:
                                http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstor...&warning=NC-17

and then read this:
                                Spoiler:

The door slid open.
                                “Hallo darling, “ Vala sauntered across the room, stopping directly in front of him, one arm slipping around his waist, the other hand straying down the front of his jeans. “as requested I’m here to get you up before lunch.”
                                “Ya know,” Daniel rubbed the towel over his head then dropped it to the bed, “as soon as those words were out of my mouth I knew how you were going to take it.”
                                She grinned wickedly, her fingers lightly stroking over the zipper, “Well how could I resist such a delightful invitation?”
                                “It wasn’t an invitation Vala, it was a simple request to come and get me in time for lunch, so enough please,” he removed her hand, turning away to retrieve a comb from the dresser. Stepping in front of the full-length mirror on the closet door to pull the comb through his hair, he glanced at her reflection in the mirror, barely noticing that she was suddenly more subdued than when she first entered.
                                “Were you aware that Mitchell saw you this morning.”
                                She shrugged, staring at the carpet. “Yeah I knew.”
                                Daniel took a shirt from from a dresser drawer to pull it over his head. “So why did he think you were limping?”
                                “I have no…oh wait,” the puzzlement cleared from her voice, “as I was turning away from him a muscle in my hip cramped and made me step funny until it let go, guess that’s what he saw.”
                                “Ah, that makes more sense…I didn’t think we had done anything that strenuous.” he pulled a pair of socks from the dresser and sat down to put them on.
                                “So I guess the others know then?”
                                He roamed the room, scanning for his shoes. “Um yeah, unfortunately.”
                                “Unfortunately Daniel?”
                                He bent to retrieve a shoe from where it was just tucked under the bed, sitting down on the opposite side of the bed from her to put it on. “I was hoping to ease them into this change between us over two or three days so they wouldn’t think that being here has driven us completely insane.” he finally snagged the other shoe from under the dresser.
                                She jumped up heading for the door. “Oh, that makes perfect sense because yes of course you’d have to be completely insane to have those types of feelings for me.”
                                She was gone before he even got his shoe on.
                                “Vala…wait,” he pulled the shoe on and leapt for the door, “that wasn’t…”
                                He stopped in the corridor in time to see her enter the elevator.
                                When he arrived in the mess she had already settled in a chair at the end of the table furthest from where they usually sat together. He took his seat beside Cam and reached for the makings of subs.
                                Lost in his own awareness that he had hurt her again he didn’t realize the strained silence between them had settled over the entire group. He caught her eye as she was getting up to leave and for a moment he saw the shimmer of tears, then the moment was gone and her grey eyes were cool and expressionless.
                                Soon after he left also.
                                The other four watched him disappear into the corridor.
                                Sam sighed shooting a look at Cam, “Well so much for your fewer disagreements theory.”

And then tell me if you think it works or even if it makes sense. Please ignore typos, it's still a little rough.
                                Thanks in advance
                                LC
                                it works and makes sense. You have a good hold on how relationships can be very fragile and full of easy misunderstandings when the relationship is too new. Neither one has the confidence needed to easily deal with what appears to be negatives from the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X