No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my latest wallpaper. Based on season nine but has an Unending quote.
    Nothing fancy, just having fun.

Spoiler:

DJAY
    Last edited by djay; 08 June 2007, 11:41 PM.
    He's her Lobster!
    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Thanks for the wp, djay and the recs, poundpuppy and StargateDanielJackson

I don't have any pics of DV sitting on each other (for Sat-On Day)....but I do have some of them sitting

Spoiler:

And because I think this one is funny....

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

DJAY
        He's her Lobster!

Comment

Gateworld has posted some pics for FT with Vala in them...but no Daniel
          Spoiler:

Question: Does anyone have some of the really big, good quality pictures that used to be up on that one site...New Atlantis(?) before it got shut down? My computer crashed and I lost all of them The ones on Gateworld are nice, but I can do so much more with larger pics. Thanks.

Night everyone!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ack. So it's almost 11:30am here and I'm still awake. Stupid insomnia, why won't my body take a break?!

Anyway....I was surfing the web and I stopped off at the Official SG-1 page on SF.com to vote in the weekly poll (Most Tragic Moment....although, why they chose the scene they did from "The Quest Pt.2" I'll never know). Anyway, I came across their "character moments" page and I'm not entirely sure I agree with their top three picks for Daniel and Vala (well, I can't judge Daniel too much since I haven't seen about 70% of his episodes....). I think we can do better.

Question: What are the five moments/scenes that define each character the best? It can be the most pivotal moment in their life or a scene that defines them as a character. Limit it to 5, I know it's tough...but I'd like to see when push comes to shove, what ones you will limit it to.

I'll admit to missing season 3-8, so I will just have to base this on what I've seen or know of Daniel's story:

1. Sha're's death-"Forever in a Day"
            2. His death- "Meridian"
            3. Helping Sha're give birth-"Secrets"
            Spoiler:
            4. Daniel pleads for the Ancients' help-"The Pegasus Project"
            5. Saving his friends- "The Quest Pt.2"

For Vala:
            1. Her introduction-"Prometheus Unbound"
            2. Being burned alive-"Avalon Pt.2"
            3. Being chained to the pit for three days-"Crusade"
            Spoiler:
            4. Remembering her life at the SGC-"Momento Mori"
            5. Worrying over Daniel/confrontation with Cam-"The Quest Pt.2"

Okay, and since this is a ship thread....let's do a top 5 moments thing for DV as well.

Question: If someone had never seen DV before, what 5 scenes would you tell them are the ESSENTIAL ones to watch? Remember, limit to 5!

1. Fight scene in "Prometheus Unbound"
            2. Vala's death/Daniel's mourning in "Avalon Pt.2"
            Spoiler:
            3. Facing off at the end of "Momento Mori"
            4. Their conversation in "The Shroud"
            5. The fight/feelings/sex scene in "Unending"

I know, I know...I should have a scene from "The Quest Pt.2" but I honestly can't think of one specifically that I can separate from the rest. It's really just the whole episode

Whew!! You all think I'm a loser who has no life right now, don't you? Eh, it would be a good guess. But while you say "loser" I say "devoted fan".....and insomniac. Maybe now I will finally be able to sleep. Let's hope.....

-Stef
            Last edited by Stef; 09 June 2007, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Sat on Sat

Great ?s Stef need to think on those.
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

we are too close to the second page for my taste so Sat on Sat continues
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Hey all! *hugs*

I´m still unfortuantely netless at home, so this will again be a quickie! *cries*
                  I can already tell I´m gonna have lots of catching up to do. And several games *point to Stef*to give answers to Just give more time to think about the answers

I´m missing my daily dose of GW and the forum!! I jaut wanna say thanks for all the lovly replies either here or on my LJ about the new fic (it was quite the ***** to post), and I will answer back to all of you as soon as I can.

I also can´t wait to read all the new fics *looking at you Kales* and I will be giving major reviews as per usual.

Toodles,...... for now...........
                  banner by Stef

Comment

So I vote in the All Time Ranking Game in the Fun and Games section of this forum. I seem to be the only Daniel fan let alone the only D/V fan. We ranking season eight presently and everyone eslse puts Proetheus Unbound as one of the two bottom slots and expresses their extreme hatered of the episode. (Ok one person put it as their number 5 favrite of the season and I put it as my number one but everyone else it is either 19 or 20).

I just don't get it. Yes Danil might have been a little off but it is not the character assignation ep they all say it is. Some object to the overly sexy role Vala was 'forced into by the writters' when every commentary I've heard mention CB in PU as saying 'how far can I take this?' and the PTB saying 'as far as you want' . So CB is responsible for Vala's attitude. I just don't get it.

So I had to vent where people actually like the episode.=)
                    sigpic
                    thanks Stef
                    Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Good questions, Stef!
                      I'll have to think on it for a while, but the one that springs to mind for me is the scene between Vala and Mitchell.
                      Where he says "Well now you know that the hard part about being part of this team is not risking your own life. It's watching your friends take chances with theirs. Congratulations. Now you really are one of us."

DJAY
                      He's her Lobster!

Comment

JM answers a question regarding Vala today:

Farscape Fan writes: “Is it possible that Vala's father didn't know that his daughter was taken a host to Goau'ld? Where was he when that happened? And how long exactly Vala was the host to Qetesh?”

Answers: It’s possible. He was away for a lot of the time she was growing up and it’s more than likely they’ve lost touch for a while. As for how long Vala had been a host to Qetesh - clearly not that long in comparison to other goa’uld hosts.

Still not a clear answer. (But they probably never had one)
                        It's funny how some fans seem to think Vala is like 300 years old or something?! I always presumed she was a host during her natural lifetime, since her father is still alive. Maybe five years or something. (Would love it if they told her story in more depth. Such as how the Tokra saved her, etc etc.)

DJAY
                        He's her Lobster!

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                          So I vote in the All Time Ranking Game in the Fun and Games section of this forum. I seem to be the only Daniel fan let alone the only D/V fan. We ranking season eight presently and everyone eslse puts Proetheus Unbound as one of the two bottom slots and expresses their extreme hatered of the episode. (Ok one person put it as their number 5 favrite of the season and I put it as my number one but everyone else it is either 19 or 20).

I just don't get it. Yes Danil might have been a little off but it is not the character assignation ep they all say it is. Some object to the overly sexy role Vala was 'forced into by the writters' when every commentary I've heard mention CB in PU as saying 'how far can I take this?' and the PTB saying 'as far as you want' . So CB is responsible for Vala's attitude. I just don't get it.

So I had to vent where people actually like the episode.=)
                          Really, where are these season threads? I didn't see them in the fun & games section. I try to vote in as many games as possible that are relevant to either Daniel, Vala, or DV. Unfortunately, I think that the fiasco with the sock puppets scared a bunch of people off It doesn't look like it's still going on (from what I saw...it looked as if the first person was a Sam fan and started stacking the votes for her and against Vala, and then a Vala fan came in and tried to counteract the votes...although Vala was pretty severely damaged at the end of the day ). I keep voting just to show my support, not because I necessarily think we're going to win. Here are some of the places I vote:

H&H Women of Stargate
                          H&H Men of Stargate
                          H&H Best Hairdos
                          H&H Ships of Stargate
                          H&H Slashes of Stargate
                          H&H Vala Pairings (my favorite one because there's no Vala hating here )
                          H&H Seasons of SG-1

As for the season games, I don't know about those. I think there is a select group that hates DV and attacks the episode for it. I don't get the sense that the majority of the people hate it, but those games aren't about the majority of the fans, they're about the most persistent ones. I wouldn't worry about it.
                          I mean, I went and looked at the reviews for episodes on Gateworld and they gave SG-1's "Bounty" and SGA's "Irresistible" both 1.5/4 stars and I happened to have liked both of those

And maybe someone can explain to me why "The Pegasus Project" is considered the best episode of season 10. I mean, I liked it well enough. I thought there were good team interactions, the story was solid, and the ending was pretty cool. But I guess that I wasn't quite as blown away by it as a lot of people seem to be. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Oh, and we are now past 200,000 views!! Congrats guys!

-Stef

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41528 this is the thread I was talking about
                            sigpic
                            thanks Stef
                            Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41528 this is the thread I was talking about
                              Yeah, I think the fact that it was a Daniel-only episode might have ticked people off some (especially if you're not a Daniel fan). Plus, I get the sense that people may have seen it as a precursor to season 9-10 (with the introduction to Vala), and we all know how much some people hate those seasons Blah, blah, blah.

I wish I could help out but the only episode from that season that I have seen is PU, so I can't really rank them. When season 9 and 10 roll around, let me know and I'll cast my votes

So, I have decided that I am not a fan of the first couple of seasons. I honestly can't seem to make myself sit through all of the episodes So, I am now trying to at least watch the ones that are talked about the most....ones that people have recommended or that are important for certain charcters. I just finished watching "Meridian" and "Full Circle" and I am about to start "The Lost City" and perhaps "Abyss." I know, I know...I should watch all of it from start to finish, but I just can't. Someday, someday. Any recommendations?

-Stef

Comment

For season Six you must watch Abyss, Full Circle, and the Changeling (Teal'c and Daniel important episode) For season 7 Fallen and Homecoming and Chimera and Evolution 1&2 and Heros 1&2 and Resurection and lost City for season 8 New Order 1&2, Endgame, Full Alert, Reckoning 1&2, Threads (flagboy), Mobieus 1&2
                                sigpic
                                thanks Stef
                                Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Working...
                                X