Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From JM's blog:

Elodie writes: “Is there any chance to see Mitchell, Daniel and Vala in Atlantis season 4? Will we see Chaya Sar (the ascended being in season 1) in season 4?”

Answers: Possibly and no

Maybe we will get lucky!

DJAY
    He's her Lobster!
    LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Smutty fic, Gioia!
      There's no stopping you now (*Eeeeek!*)

WELCOME, Ceekay!
      And great job on your first fic.

DJAY
      He's her Lobster!
      LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
        From JM's blog:

Elodie writes: “Is there any chance to see Mitchell, Daniel and Vala in Atlantis season 4? Will we see Chaya Sar (the ascended being in season 1) in season 4?”

Maybe we will get lucky!

DJAY
        Oh, would be good seeing them at Atlantis once a while..

Smutty fic, Gioia!
        There's no stopping you now (*Eeeeek!*)
        Heh!! Y'all will be suffering from me and my pretty dirty mind from now on

Edit: Btw, 24 is on air tonight in USA?
        Will we see some nekkid MS soon?
        sigpic
        Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
          Yep agree on every single point(oh big surprise that I'm still here eh,lol)...'cept for Ark of Truth.
          Spoiler:
          you have misgivings? really do tell...'cuz I don't. I think Tomin will be gone by the end...TPTB have said that 'Ark' closes the Ori storyline and Tomin is part of that storyline BUT I wonder just how angsty his death will be???...Tomin dies saving Daniel from Adria????...Daniel has to kill Tomin for some reason????

"not even try at a relationship because she will be mourning her husband"
          Wow, this is amazing...you been reading my mind

Okay I really am going now...to bed.
          see ya'll in the morning...and I make a little prayer that Kales will be back amongst us tomorrow...'cuz I really miss her fiction, Isabel's and getting my own stuff betaed.
          LC
          Very true what you said about the AoT, it's just of those little fears I have. It does make sense what you said about how they might wrap that story line up.
          Spoiler:

"Wow, this is amazing...you been reading my mind"- great minds and all I wonder about Tomin's death, if he dies, too. Because it will be angsty I have no doubt. Maybe Tomin sacrifices himself for both Daniel and Vala. Talk about that guilt...

It would also be such a Daniel thing to do: "Can't feel this way about her...she just lost her husband...I'm supporting her as a friend... can't feel this way... (repeat thought process)".

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard View Post
          What did you feed the bunny, Miracle-Gro?

Short but complete: my first Daniel/Vala fic.
          Yay...*goes read*

Originally posted by Stef View Post
          Interesting interpretation. I guess I am just an optimist because...
          Spoiler:
          ...I don't see them killing off Vala, in any way, shape, or form. It's not even a thought that has ever crossed my mind. These are the reasons why I personally don't think they'd go there:

A) She's a favorite character for the writers to write, and they LOVE CB and the energy she's brought to the show. Plus, we have a lot of TPTB that are DV shippers. They screwed up S/J, do you really think they'd screw over another ship like that?

B) She adds humor, and everyone from RCC to JM have said they like the different aspect she has brought to the show. I mean, they praise her and BB for bringing SG-1 back to life....so it would seem strange that they would kill off one of the characters/actors that they credit for the last two seasons' success. Besides, they just spent a whole season trying to make Vala a part of the team...would they really make that all for nothing by just killing her off simply to provide more drama? Are there not other characters whose deaths would have a bigger impact? With the g'oauld storyline over, I'd say Teal'c would be a stronger candidate for death. His death would provide a bigger impact for fans.

C) This movie is supposed to be a stand-alone, a way of allowing non-fans to get into the show/franchise. Kiling off a character in the movie would be a little off-putting, especially since there will have been no connection to that character (since she'll be Qetesh the whole time). If she were to die in ANY movie, it would be The Ark of Truth since it's Vala-heavy. Unless they plan on giving Vala some sort of significant character arc in this movie, I don't think they'd kill her off.

D) Daniel has already lost one woman he loves. That's the thing that really makes me doubt this. Writers, as much as they love drama, would not do that to Daniel again....especially not after they showed Daniel saying how hard it's been for him to move on these past ten years. That statement says to me that Vala is supposed to be an almost redemption for Daniel...a chance for him to find love again. For them to kill Vala off would just send him back to that place he was in before he met her, it would be a regression in his character rather than a progression. So I really can't see the writers doing that to Daniel again.

The thing about Sha're's death was that it created a driving force for Daniel to join SG-1 again, what would Vala's death really accomplish other than create angst for another movie that they're not even sure they're going to be making at this point? The writers have written DV in a very cyclical way. Daniel started out the show losing his wife, only to end it finding a new love again. So, I see Continuum being a way of Daniel finally being able to do something he was never able to do before, save the woman he loves. I think that if they killed Vala off, that would just show how little the writers have matured....that they are still using the same tropes from 8 years ago to create drama.

Just my take on things I hope what I said makes sense....and maybe offers some hope

-Stef
          ITA. They completely make sense. You mentioned every single point I've thought about, and elaborated on others. I especially agree with you on that last bit about the writers.

From JM's blog:

Maybe we will get lucky!

DJAY
          AWESOME POSSUM!!!

EDIT: CeeKay Sheppard Just read... aww! That was so sweet. Sha're would want her Daniel to find happiness again. Great start.
          banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
            just read and reviewed great start
            Thanks! It's done, though––nothing more coming on that one. But definitely more D/V fics in the future.

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
            Loved it. that is so what I feel Sha're would be saying to Daniel if she could.
            Thank you. It's as much my thought process as hers ––I've been diehard Daniel/Sha'uri for a long time.

Originally posted by gioia View Post
            CeeKay, loved it much.
            liked how Sha're saw the difference between her Dan-yel and the Daniel we know now. Even if in deep down he's still our Daniel, he's changed much along ten years, which is why i like him that much in the first place. I hate when a character in a tv show, doesn't show any progress and stay in the same way all the time. It's just plain boring and not so natural, people change all the time and I like to see it onscreen. Sometimes I wonder If this sceptical Daniel would have loved Sha're if they had met at S9-S10. But I believe no, he couldn't have. He might have found her a little plain.. anyway, i don't know, i'm fanwanking here.
            Thank you! I agree with you on all counts. Character development is a must––that's why my two favorite Star Trek characters are Julian Bashir and Data: they showed more development than anyone else (it's also why I lost interest in Law & Order). I don't think Daniel now could have fallen in love with Sha'uri, either... though I have to wonder what he'd think, how he'd react, if confronted with that idea.

WELCOME, Ceekay!
            And great job on your first fic.
            Thanks on both counts!

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
            Spoiler:
            I wonder about Tomin's death, if he dies, too. Because it will be angsty I have no doubt. Maybe Tomin sacrifices himself for both Daniel and Vala. Talk about that guilt...

It would also be such a Daniel thing to do: "Can't feel this way about her...she just lost her husband...I'm supporting her as a friend... can't feel this way... (repeat thought process)".
            Spoiler:
            That would indeed be 100% Daniel. There'd be enough guilt there of last him several movies... Lots of great angst potential, and also a good possibility of another glimpse of the warmer, softer side of Vala we've seen so rarely. I could see Vala being the one to say, "It's okay... Tomin's dead, but we're alive. I've mourned long enough."

EDIT: CeeKay Sheppard Just read... aww! That was so sweet. Sha're would want her Daniel to find happiness again. Great start.
            Thanks!

Thank you all for the feedback! (((hugs to all))) I feel I should probably explain the "cold heart" comment––I had a sneaking suspicion it would be a little controversial. I qualified it with "when you need it," because I almost never see it on a personal level. But the Daniel of the early seasons would have fought tooth and nail (such as he could) against the idea of genocide, but IIRC, he never once objected to the thought of wiping out the Ori. True, there is likely no other way of stopping them, but I still think that six or seven years ago, at least his initial reaction would have been "Hell, no!" That's the sort of thing I was referring to. He really has become a soldier in a lot of ways, and a little cold-heartedness is necessary.

Does that make any sense at all?

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Thank you! I agree with you on all counts. Character development is a must––that's why my two favorite Star Trek characters are Julian Bashir and Data: they showed more development than anyone else (it's also why I lost interest in Law & Order). I don't think Daniel now could have fallen in love with Sha'uri, either... though I have to wonder what he'd think, how he'd react, if confronted with that idea.
              Aww, a woman with my heart

Thank you all for the feedback! (((hugs to all))) I feel I should probably explain the "cold heart" comment––I had a sneaking suspicion it would be a little controversial. I qualified it with "when you need it," because I almost never see it on a personal level. But the Daniel of the early seasons would have fought tooth and nail (such as he could) against the idea of genocide, but IIRC, he never once objected to the thought of wiping out the Ori. True, there is likely no other way of stopping them, but I still think that six or seven years ago, at least his initial reaction would have been "Hell, no!" That's the sort of thing I was referring to. He really has become a soldier in a lot of ways, and a little cold-heartedness is necessary.

It does make perfect sense.
              Daniel sometimes can be a very cynical cold-hearted jerk
              But we still love him
              sigpic
              Banner made by Stef

Comment

Gah, I REALLY need to get caught up on episodes.... I'm just finishing S9 and feeling pretty useless in this thread *misses Vala & can't wait for S10 to finish downloading*

So I'll contribute this for now *drools*
                Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Total sense. He's a different person than he was before. A lot of his idealism's about people are gone, but he still has that hope. I think it was Kales that wrote in one of her newer Cam fics, in regards to describing Daniel that his idealism, his drive when helping only happens when he forgets to be cynical.... Of course she wrote it much better, and more eloquently than I have. But yeah, makes total sense.

Daniel sometimes can be a very cynical cold-hearted jerk
                  But we still love him
                  We do! *hugs him*

And MS tonight on "24" *squee!* Can't wait, though I will end up watching it tomorrow- damn the time zones...
                  banner by Stef

Comment

Total sense. He's a different person than he was before. A lot of his idealism's about people are gone, but he still has that hope. I think it was Kales that wrote in one of her newer Cam fics, in regards to describing Daniel that his idealism, his drive when helping only happens when he forgets to be cynical.... Of course she wrote it much better, and more eloquently than I have. But yeah, makes total sense.
                    Oh, yeah. It was an amazing fic. I strongly reccomend it to people who haven't read it yet.

We do! *hugs him*

And MS tonight on "24" *squee!* Can't wait, though I will end up watching it tomorrow- damn the time zones...
                    Oh my!! MS nekkidness!! Be still my heart
                    I'm same like you, Isabel. I've gotta wait too till tomorrow. But I'm sure next morning we'll have some awesome caps to drool on and wet ourselves
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by Stef

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh absolutely a Daniel thing...but I don't think it would be a matter of 'can't feel this way'...I think he's way past the point of being able to kid himself about his feelings...
                      Spoiler:
                      I mean it's obvious from his behaviour in "Unending' that he knows what he's feeling but is terrified that the depth of feelings won't be returned
                      but I do think he would make himself keep the distance and be supportive...he might almost leave it until she made some sort of move...but then how likely is that given that she doesn't know his feelings.

SPACE was running the episode today about Jacob blending with Selmak..and something occurred to me about Continuum and whether we ever see the Tok'ra again.
                      Spoiler:
                      ...wonder if they'll show up again because it is our Vala that is Quetesh and once again the Tok'ra have to remove the symbiote...gasp...OMG...that could be when....okay I'm not going any farther with that thought..................

Also about the Tok'ra...for Dominion
                      Spoiler:
                      I thought it was interesting the Tok'ra that was brought to remove Ba'al from Adria, knew Vala as Quetesh...could we suppose he was the one who removed Quetesh the first time.

LC
                      sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                      http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

SPACE was running the episode today about Jacob blending with Selmak..and something occurred to me about Continuum and whether we ever see the Tok'ra again.
                        Spoiler:
                        ...wonder if they'll show up again because it is our Vala that is Quetesh and once again the Tok'ra have to remove the symbiote...gasp...OMG...that could be when....okay I'm not going any farther with that thought..................
                        Hah!!, If they do something like that, I'm gonna take a plane, go over to MGM studios and kick their collective a@@es personally
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by Stef

Comment

Oh absolutely a Daniel thing...but I don't think it would be a matter of 'can't feel this way'...I think he's way past the point of being able to kid himself about his feelings...
                          Spoiler:
                          I mean it's obvious from his behaviour in "Unending' that he knows what he's feeling but is terrified that the depth of feelings won't be returned
                          but I do think he would make himself keep the distance and be supportive...he might almost leave it until she made some sort of move...but then how likely is that given that she doesn't know his feelings.
                          True. The "can't feel this way" is just that Daniel denial that I think he'll have, but he has come to terms with his feelings, in a way... Exactly they're both too afraid to make the first move, which sucks, because we know that they're perfect for each other-- ack! Maybe something happens in one of the movies to push them closer..

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          I thought it was interesting the Tok'ra that was brought to remove Ba'al from Adria, knew Vala as Quetesh...could we suppose he was the one who removed Quetesh the first time.

LC
                          Nope, nope, stop that thought! I hadn't thought about the Tok'ra but you bring up and interesting point. Will they show up? And Vala did have to spend some time in their company when they took her symbiote out... will we see more of that..? Part of the reason I'm looking forward to Continuum is because we'll get to see this other side of the Vala that was.

Hah!!, If they do something like that, I'm gonna take a plane, go over to MGM studios and kick their collective a@@es personally
                          And I will join you!!!!!! KAPAOW!!!!
                          banner by Stef

Comment

True. The "can't feel this way" is just that Daniel denial that I think he'll have, but he has come to terms with his feelings, in a way... Exactly they're both too afraid to make the first move, which sucks, because we know that they're perfect for each other-- ack! Maybe something happens in one of the movies to push them closer..
                            You know what if that thing 'have feelings but doesn't talk' happens in the movie, I so hope that it won't last much for sake of angst.
                            They are supposed to be adult. They have to talk their issues and take some decision about it. or they will be like S/J(or any other couples in the dramas)with their-unending-won't they/will they.

There is no sadder thing than watching never-ending angst which has no reason at all.
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by Stef

Comment

Good Morning All!!

Welcome Ceekay!! Loved your fic

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

LC
                              Very interesting thought LC.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by me

Comment

There is no sadder thing than watching never-ending angst which has no reason at all.
                                Tots-ally agree.

On an other note-- why oh why do I want to keep making icons when I have ch.4 of The Monster to finish?!?!?
                                I was warned it was addicting... I just didn't realize how much!! ACK!
                                banner by Stef

Comment

Working...
                                X