No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a DV-related topic, I am finally publishing my first proper fanfic. *sigh* It's nowhere near as good as I had hoped, but I honestly don't want to deal with anymore.

Sounds like something you want to read now, doesn't it? It's honestly not bad, I'm just, like I've said before, an uber-perfectionist!

Anyway, I'm not sure how I would classify it. It's fluff but it also deals with some of the aftermath of "Momento Mori" (but nothing angsty). I don't know, Maeve, Kales, how would guys describe it?

Anyway, it's at my LJ account. It contains spoilers up through "Momento Mori." I'd really appreciate comments/feedback on this one. Why am I so insecure?! I really need to deal with that, me thinks. Well, here we go....

Worth a Thousand Words

Hope you like

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

can I just tell you that syndication drives me frelling crazy crazy I tell you. I discovered both SG-1 and SGA in syndication last year(I don't have cable ATM) and it was good at first but then I discovered how they run it they run it in 5 or 6 ep loops and what I mean about loops is they show the same 5 or 6 eps 5 times it can drive you crazy it was that that made me find a way to get season 9 DVDs (I conned my father into buying it for me @ Thanksgiving cuz I was out there and I slipped it in without telling him how much it was I have alot of Daddy issues) I now have season 1-9 courtesy of X-Mas and B-Day and SGA 1 and 2. I think season 10 will be released on DVD before it finally it hits Syndication.
      Maeve I know I got it wrong in the Bucket before but I know what you are going through ((((Hugs Maeve)))) spoiler pic for Memento Mori D&V fav moment

Spoiler:

Stef I recommend TNG the original ST will drive you crazy don't bother I would recommend ENT too but I am still angry about what they did in the final ep I have already rewritten it in my head
      Last edited by poundpuppy29; 18 April 2007, 09:04 PM.
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I'd describe it as quite a bit better than Stef's making it out to be

If it's fluff, it's of the best kind. It's funny, too. Post MM, nice teamy, DV stuff. Go read; and I can't rec higher than saying 'go read'.

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
          can I just tell you that syndication drives me frelling crazy crazy I tell you. I discovered both SG-1 and SGA in syndication last year(I don't have cable ATM) and it was good at first but then I discovered how they run it they run it in 5 or 6 ep loops and what I mean about loops is they show the same 5 or 6 eps 5 times it can drive you crazy it was that that made me find a way to get season 9 DVDs (I conned my father into buying it for me @ Thanksgiving cuz I was out there and I slipped it in without telling him how much it was I have alot of Daddy issues) I now have season 1-9 courtesy of X-Mas and B-Day and SGA 1 and 2. I think season 10 will be released on DVD before it finally it hits Syndication.
          I'm sure you're right. Since DVDs are supposed to be realeassed July 24. But since somepeople only find them on Syndication we have to respect that.

Maeve I know I got it wrong in the Bucket before but I know what you are going through [B][I]((((Hugs Maeve))))
          Yeah from what I saw today you weren't too far off. Thanks for the hugs.
          sigpic
          thanks Stef
          Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Stef, read and commented

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              Anyway, I'm not sure how I would classify it. It's fluff but it also deals with some of the aftermath of "Momento Mori" (but nothing angsty). I don't know, Maeve, Kales, how would guys describe it?
              I'd call it teamy bonding goodness with Daniel/Vala overtones. Read it it is a good short fic.=)
              sigpic
              thanks Stef
              Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

On a DV-related topic, I am finally publishing my first proper fanfic. *sigh* It's nowhere near as good as I had hoped, but I honestly don't want to deal with anymore.

Sounds like something you want to read now, doesn't it? It's honestly not bad, I'm just, like I've said before, an uber-perfectionist!

Anyway, it's at my LJ account. It contains spoilers up through "Momento Mori." I'd really appreciate comments/feedback on this one. Why am I so insecure?! I really need to deal with that, me thinks. Well, here we go....

Worth a Thousand Words

Hope you like

-Stef
                Stef, you underestimate yourself! I really enjoyed this fic. I lOVED the whole photo booth idea! Such fun! I want to see that last photo of Daniel and Vala. Keep writing!

DJAY
                He's her Lobster!
                LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Okay, so I realized that my strength in writing is perhaps better suited to vignettes. Here's one that I wrote shortly before "Dominion." It basically is just how I theorized part of the meeting discussing...
                  Spoiler:
                  ...using Vala as bait would go. Of course, at the time I had no idea about the brainwashing, but I never mention what he specific plan is....so it still works

I'm actually much happier with how this fic turned out than the previous one I posted, although it is a bit more sad/angsty/melancholy/what-have-you.

I was just thinking about how Vala's proposal was recieved by the team, specifically how Daniel might have felt about it Anyway, there it is....that hopefully sounds more optimistic and promising than my last fic preface

A Simple Plan

-Stef
                  Last edited by Stef; 18 April 2007, 10:57 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Stef, considering you wrote that fic before "Dominion" you were right on the money.
                    Spoiler:
                    I especially enjoyed the way you describes Vala's feelings towards her daughter and her reaction to the possibility of having to kill her.

“Can what? Kill my own child?” She paused briefly as she thought it over. And suddenly a bone-weariness Daniel hadn’t seen before, crept into her eyes. “She was never mine to begin with.”
                    There was a long, deep pause as both of them processed those words. “Besides,” she added, “I brought her into this world, I suppose it’s only fitting that I take her out of it.”

That's brilliant. And very Vala.

DJAY
                    He's her Lobster!

Comment

Have you girls caught up with the latest MS news? He's going to have his own blog about 24. YAY!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/Ne...ws-M/700011425

DJAY
                      He's her Lobster!

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
                        Have you girls caught up with the latest MS news? He's going to have his own blog about 24. YAY!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/Ne...ws-M/700011425

DJAY
                        Oooh, goody!! I'm excited. I'd love to hear what MS has to say

-Stef

Comment

Okay, so I'm going through my documents, and I'm beginning to realize that I wrote A LOT of fics a month or so ago. They're mostly just scenes, which is why I think I never published them. I guess I thought that I would eventually expand on them but never did. I even have a scene I speculated on from the "Unending" trailer about...
                          Spoiler:
                          ...Vala and that nighty Although, Daniel didn't shut the door in my version.

Maybe when I clean that one up a bit, I'll post it some time tomorrow I actually think I have some pretty good, flirty dialogue in it.

You know what it is, I think I write these things in my head as I am trying to sleep, then I get up at like 4am, write everything down and then go back to bed That seems to be the only way I can write stuff. Put a computer in front of me and I freeze.

I'm weird. Anyway, I think I'll go to bed now Talk to everyone later.

-Stef

Comment

Okay, so this is my last fic of the night. Got to say though, this one is by far my favorite. I wrote it after seeing the "Unending" trailer...and although their scene didn't go like this, I think it was actually a strangely good set-up to their "big" scene. Anyway, I think you can figure out what it's about from the title:

Pink Fur and Black Lace

This is my first attempt at DV flirting, so hopefully it works!

Now, I am going to bed

-Stef

Comment

Like this line, Stef:
                              Spoiler:
                              “Wait, wait! Get off!” he said as he tried to de-twine their bodies.
                              “Well, hopefully,” she said with a wink

Haha!!!

DJAY
                              He's her Lobster!

Comment

Question: In my continuing effort to get knowledgeable on all things Sci-Fi, I'm thinking that maybe I should watch at least some of a Star Trek. Is there one series (aside from the original) that you guys would recommend? I'm not particularly fond of "Deep Space Nine" from what I've seen....so maybe not that.
                                TNG or DS9. Don't let DS9 fool you, once you get to season three, it's by far the best Trek ever. And TNG has Picard and Data. What's not to love?

Now I'm thinking about writing Vala and Daniel in some sort of historical romance. Oh gosh, I can only imagine how that would go
                                I think I'm writing this already... the idea has got stuck in my brain and refuses to leave!

Here's the link to my LIVERJOURNAL. My user name is "scifi-tv-addict."
                                Friended and what not

Wait, wait....is "Voyager" with Janeway? I always get them confused. But the whole lizard-mating thing sounds like fun
                                That would be the one. It had some strange episodes, but I liked the early seasons.

Yes, I do enjoy a naked Paul Bettany! But James Purefoy has that great outfit and was called the "dark prince" or something to that effect. I also liked Alan Tudyk "Your entrails will be your extrails......Pain! Lots of pain!"
                                Amen!

Ditto on that I LOVED/LOVE Han/Leia. They are pretty much my template for judging onscreen relationships
                                Is it just me or does everyone around here ship them?

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                                *waves*

Well I finally gave in to the voice in my head telling me to stop lurking and join. It's isabelqc on FF.net/ hariboo_smirks over at LJ, for those who I have already started a rapport with . And at the moment I offer only the link to my FF.net account and my LJ where all my fanfiction is to be found.

FanFiciton.net

MyLJ

*Presents offerings and slinks away*
                                Hello! Welcome to the dark side!

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                                At the moment I'm preferring LJ. That Other Website, as I'm now calling FF, is breaking too much - chapters are taking ages to go up, mail alerts are down, etc.... grrr. LJ is more reliable, so I'd prefer feedback via it, if that's all right.
                                See, told you you'd like it once you got used to it.

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                                Yes the spoilers apply to syndication so all of season ten needs tags.

My day (off topic)
                                Spoiler:

The hubby and I visited my great grandma today and all I can say is that was not my grandma. She was asleep and looked like a breathing corpse. We didn't stay long as I didn't know what to say. I'm not particularly close to her but she has always been around. When she was in her eighties and we were in Hawaii at Christmas she'd go snorkleing with us. Today she looked like literal skin and bones. I don't want to remember her like this she was always full of life.
                                This is the great grandma who turned 100 in July.
                                OT
                                Spoiler:

I know exactly what you mean. My grandad had Alzheimer's in the few years before he died, and I always felt guilty about not seeing him in those years, but even when I did visit, he didn't recognise me at all. I didn't want to remember him like that. I wanted to rememeber him as the man who gave me rows for stealing the peas out the back garden, or took me down to the local shop for 20p worth of sweets. When it came to his funeral, I was sad, but really, he had been dead to me years before.

*Hugs Maeve and Kales*
                                sigpic
                                Banner by Stef.

The Daniel/Vala Drinking Game Grab your passion fruit martinis and join in!

HELP! HELP! I'M BEING REPRESSED! Vala meets Monty Python.

Comment

Working...
                                X