Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Ditto It's true, although, sometimes the writers are more willing to make use of that chemistry.....

The truth of the matter is, as much as I say that I want a couple to "get together," I don't always mean it. Take for example, Sparky, LOVE them, but I just don't see them working together as a legitimate couple. I just can't picture some of my ships together like that, while maintaining the basic elements of the show. Having said that, DanDoran is one of the only couples right now that I can actually see "together." Why? Because I already feel like they are together. They have a natural, easy relationship that works as both friendship and romantic. Plus, sometimes, I already think they're married I really don't believe that the way they'd interact would change. Vala would still annoy Daniel sometimes, they would still bicker, and they would still have those sweet/touching moments...but I think those sweeter moments would mean something even more if they were married or in a relationship.

Okay, am I talking nonsense now? Sorry. But interesting point someone brought up, oh, a few pages ago about the movie Sliding Doors. I don't want to spoil it for anyone (it's a really cute movie, you should watch it!!)...but I like the idea that in "Unending"
    Spoiler:
    ...although they're supposed to forget everything that happened in the time dilation field, there is still like one line or scene reminiscent from one they share in the field. You know, maybe Daniel says some line while they're in the field....and once they get back, having forgotten everything, he still says the same line. I think it's nice because, although the episode may throw us a bone, only to yank it away....they'll be telling us that the events that happened in the TDF still might happen in regular time. Does that make any sense? It's hard to explain if you haven't seen the movie

Okay, I'll admit...this babbling post is really a distraction from the paper I am trying to write about "power" in Andromache, Othello, and Oedipus. Bleh.

-Stef
    What you said makes perfect sense to me and I never seen the movie. It would be a very sweet sentiment.

I agree with both of you on the ship thing. I didn't start watching SG-1 or SGA hoping there would be ships, but D/V happened and I am glad it did. It just makes the show that much better IMHO.

Sounds like a really fun paper there Stef
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

i keep forgetting that they're doing the
      Spoiler:
      'jumps ahead in time to see what their future holds' stuff...
      everytime i think about 'Unending' i just think LAST EVER EPISODE!!!
      i know they're doing the 2 movies but it's still the end of an era and i'm gonna cry simply 'cos its over.
      Spoiler:
      Hopefully there will be some happy tears too if TPTB get Daniel & Vala together. I'm also hoping for something shippy to do with Sam & Jack. I know RDA isn't in the episode but they can still do ship without one of the characters, a phone call, a letter, talking about the characters.

I just loved that scene in the 'Unending' promo with Vala in the nightie... you just KNOW its for Daniel! Maybe we'll see some mini Vala's and mini Daniel's if we pray to TPTB.
      Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
      Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
      Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
        Daniel: Vala not here...!
        Vala: Oh come on Daniel, everyone knows about us, besides, I know you love it... there's my big boy!

*ducks paddle and legs it*

Comment

Originally posted by Tonttu View Post
          Still 4 days 10 hours 53 minutes 17 seconds left until Unending
          Countdown to Unending
          You mean til the end...

Originally posted by Sam_Carter View Post
          Spoiler:

I just loved that scene in the 'Unending' promo with Vala in the nightie... you just KNOW its for Daniel! Maybe we'll see some mini Vala's and mini Daniel's if we pray to TPTB.
          *is scared* Can u imagine what their children would be like?! Smartest kids ever for one...

About that scene from Unending

Spoiler:
          I'm 99% sure that that's a daydream or wishful thinking by someone But I hope I'm wrong of course!

Comment

Ya know, I really really love Vala. She reminds me of myself. The hyperness and all I am very hyper right now. About an hour ago I watched Dominion. I'm still trying to work out whether this was a good or bad decision when I was already in a hyper/manic mood phase, in terms of how good it was for my health lol.
            This is my analysis:
            Spoiler:
            OMG! *SQUEE*...*DIES*

Just after the bit where Daniel places his hand on Vala's face and turns her towards him, and then they get closer...Well after that bit I couldn't help but enthusiastically declare "OMG they so bloody love each other. They have to flippen get together" lol. My parents decided to ignore me I think for fear of encouraging me

Now I've never shipped properly for Daniel/Vala, but I love both of them very much and I love the bond they have. I couldn't help but squee. I don't want them to get together because of what I think, I want them to get together because it is so damn right and even though they are so different I think it's obvious that they make each other happy...when they aren't annoying the hell out of each other (even though they both secretly love that about each other as well) It feels so natural and that is probably why I love it. I want them both to be happy because I love them so much and if that means they need to declare undying love for each other then I will be squeeing with the best of them

Ahhh I love being in a happy mood. It makes everything look so pretty and optimistic and squeeable

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
            ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Glad someone agrees with my Sliding doors theory.

Unending ramble

Spoiler:
              I could imagine a scene where Vala and Daniel get stuck in an elevator (in the near future) and that leads to a big argument which leads to a big kiss, which leads to....hehe!
              So when they forget everything at the end of the episode Daniel and Vala decide to go to the Mess Hall or something and both step into the elevator. And the credits roll and it ends there. But WE know what is going to happen! Squeeee!!

DJAY
              He's her Lobster!
              LTS: Life's too short

Comment

Unending...

Spoiler:
                In that scene where Vala turns to Daniel, is she wearing a nightie? Maybe she has had a bad nightmare and screams out to Daniel. (Who comes running, of course!) I am so looking forward to the two of them sparing off each other (and making up!)

Unfortunately with all the plans we are making for this episode, we are BOUND to be disappointed!

DJAY

May have to watch Dominion again today...
                He's her Lobster!

Comment

Yay, welcome to all of the new people to our thread (at least, the ones unfamiliar to me )!!

The truth of the matter is, DV were the reason I watched SG-1 in the first place (okay, well, CB and BB were the reasons I first tuned in, but DV was the reason I kept watching). I really enjoyed the bickering and fun they used to have in season 9, but I think you're right, sazZat, that now they have this natural bond/connection that I think comes through on-screen. I know that there are many people who like them together, just not in a shippy way. I think that the great think about shipping them is that we can appreciate those friendship moments, but we can also enjoy them in another way as well. I LOVE Daniel and Vala's friendship, first and foremost. Anything more than that, and I'd be over the moon.

Overall, I think the writers have done a great job of taking them from this almost non-stop sexual attraction/annoyance/bickering place to a comfortable friendship with romantic undercurrents. Despite some of their missteps, I think the writers have done a really good job with how their relationship has played out in the past two years. I have faith that they won't disappoint us in "Unending."

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by djay View Post
                    Unending...

Spoiler:
                    In that scene where Vala turns to Daniel, is she wearing a nightie? Maybe she has had a bad nightmare and screams out to Daniel. (Who comes running, of course!) I am so looking forward to the two of them sparing off each other (and making up!)

Unfortunately with all the plans we are making for this episode, we are BOUND to be disappointed!
                    In my continuing quest to procrastinate....
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes, it looks like Vala is wearing a nightie. Although, it looks different than the one that we see with her and the handcuffs. But maybe I'm mistaken. I'm hoping it's two seperate scenes, because that means multiple DV scenes I would also like to see a little bit of sparring. Like I said, I would like to see BOTH of them call each other on their BS. I know that Daniel's issues aren't addressed, but I think he is half of the reason why ther relationship isn't moving forward...because he is holding back, just as much as Vala is. I just really hope the writers don't make it too one-sided.

Oh, and I adore your elevator idea Wouldn't mind that at all!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I have a feeling Unending could possibly be a better DV ep than even Memento Mori! Here's hoping

Comment

I love Daniel and Vala together because they are full of extremes. The characters can be both enjoyable doing a comedy scene (ala The three stooges!), or doing full blown drama/angst. And I enjoy seeing them do both and both are very believable.
                        Some actors may not have such a wide range and be so convincing in so may different scenerios, but our MS and CB are so talented they can pull it off.

DJAY
                        He's her Lobster!

Comment

Unending

Spoiler:
                          It's not the same nightie as the pink one. But it may just be a white tanktop under her blues. Daniel is fully dressed. If it were a night time scene I would have expected him to be in pjs (or naked would have been fine by me! )

DJAY
                          He's her Lobster!

Comment

So are you a Farscape fan, Stef? (I presume)
                            Gonna have to watch them next I think.

DJAY
                            He's her Lobster!

Comment

Yup, "Farscape" fan through and through. That was actually the first SF show I ever really got into, if memory serves me correct. I'm currently going through and re-watching all of the episodes I taped from the marathon they had before PKW premiered. I had completely forgotten how good season 4 was.

Anyway....in regards to "Unending." I wouldn't mind that either I've watched all this season and got NOTHING from Daniel!! I guess we're supposed to live on the Cam nudity (which I certainly don't mind) and Teal'c's enormous...."guns." It could be worse, I suppose. I could be watching Rodney's man-nipples

-Stef

Comment

Welcome to the thread Nikki You make some very good points that I agree with (hope ya don't mind an S/D shipper saying that ... lol). I also like the Vala/Sam friendship and was glad that was allowed to develop. One of the issues I had with any potential D/V ship is that it seemed that Vala was only interacting with Daniel and her relationships with the rest of the team weren't evolving. I thought that, in order for her to be fully integrated with SG-1 (aka really a part of the team), we needed to see her interact and form more lasting friendships with the others - probably Sam more than anything because she'd already started interacting with Teal'c and Cam, even though that was only over six episodes. Sam didn't interact all that much with her when she came back in Beachhead. I was glad to see that things were a little more balanced in the second half of the season, and that Vala didn't seem attached to Daniel all of the time (although still a bit too much for my tastes... but that's just me).

Comment

Working...
                                X