Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    Oh no, I definitely agree that they are both strong women, they are just strong in different ways I guess. Still have different personalities but are they do have some inner strength.

I didn't mean to imply that Vala has no self-respect at all... I think she does, definitely... I was just speaking in general, that people who flirt and lust after people who don't seem to return it almost seem as if they have little or no self-respect - if they keep doing it over and over (and that was what I personally was starting to see in Prometheus Unbound and early S9... but again that is just me).
    They did calm it down in season 10. How I see them is PU and the begining of season 9 that was the initial attraction between them but where it deepened for me was the Powers That Be. is very attentive to . When she was in jail and and were playing cards was talking to they started to let eachother in so to speak. During the crisis he kept finding her to make sure she was ok kept reasuring her that it was not her fault. He did convince her to confess even though she didn't want to she trusts him and I don't think that is easy for her the life she has led she couldn't trust anyone but herself but she trusts him.
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I haven't posted here in ages! Bad Alex!

For size (and S10)

Spoiler:

On the topic of pro and anti-ship threads.
      I think there's room for them both as long as it just doesn't get reduced to "they should/should not be together just because". Normally, there are valid points for and against a relationship, may it be characterization, military protocol (at least as much as it accounts in a TV show) and story development.

And as Myn said, just because you're not seeing the potential in a pairing, doesn't mean you don't like the character(s) or think one of them isn't worth the affection.
      I, too, have a ship where I'm anti and it includes my fave character!

'nuff said. Another pic.

A.
      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
        I haven't posted here in ages! Bad Alex!

And as Myn said, just because you're not seeing the potential in a pairing, doesn't mean you don't like the character(s) or think one of them isn't worth the affection.
        I, too, have a ship where I'm anti and it includes my fave character!

'nuff said. Another pic.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...te/cf51re2.jpg

A.
        *nods* no of course not.

Speaking of pics....

I just love how Vala glares at Adria here... don't touch my Danny! lol

And of course Daniel got the best view I bet he aint complaining

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
          Oh no, I definitely agree that they are both strong women, they are just strong in different ways I guess. Still have different personalities but are they do have some inner strength.

I didn't mean to imply that Vala has no self-respect at all... I think she does, definitely... I was just speaking in general, that people who flirt and lust after people who don't seem to return it almost seem as if they have little or no self-respect - if they keep doing it over and over (and that was what I personally was starting to see in Prometheus Unbound and early S9... but again that is just me).
          When Vala was trying to seduce Daniel in The Ties that Bind, she thought she was going to be able to manipulate him just like she manipulated all the other men she knew. Daniel really called her on it that night, telling her that she "used sex as a weapon." Vala was just mortified. Doesn't mean it wasn't true, though. In my mind, it was entirely too true. Daniel really had this woman pegged!

It wasn't until The Pegasus Project that Vala actually started treating Daniel like a person to be cherished and cared for, rather than someone to use and manipulate. She tried to comfort him when he was feeling down. It was a moment of genuine caring.

I think Vala is changing, but gradually. Which is as it should be -- no one changes overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
            I just love how Vala glares at Adria here... don't touch my Danny! lol

She should use that look more often on her daughter. But I guess, the fact that she doesn't shows how at loss Vala's in this whole situation - and who wouldn't be!?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../bscap0852.jpg

And of course Daniel got the best view I bet he aint complaining

He alwas tries to be first row it seems.

A.
            Last edited by ValaMalduran; 03 January 2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

She should use that look more often on her daughter. But I guess, the fact that she doesn't shows how at loss Vala's in this whole situation - and who wouldn't be!?

A.
              True... anyone would!

*snort* he doesn't have a girl on every planet for nothing!

Last edited by Ronja; 03 January 2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Oh, I'm all for the moments of friendship and caring. That is definitely how it should be. You can tell that Vala has a ton of respect for Daniel, especially after what she said in Morpheus (about someone finally believing in her), and then how she understood why he didn't wish to be among the Ancients anymore.

And I agree, the changes should be gradual. Anything instantaneous would just seem way too unrealistic (IMHO of course).

Comment

Lol... love their expressions.

Originally posted by iheartvala View Post
                  I get what you're saying Anjirika about the "anti" word, but I can't help but be anti sam/daniel because I just find it a disturbnig ship. I mean come on they are pretty much brother and sister

Back I go, a-lurking.
                  I'm against S/D for the same reason. But, that just proves how people who don't agree on certain 'ships can still like each other. JessM (an S/D 'shipper) is one of my best friends here and she knows how much I don't like S/D. And of course, there's Ronja. I've had so much fun with her in aintright's Christmas diddy thread, and we don't agree on 'ships, either.

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                  Well... it's a great pity there is no IGNORE THREAD option at GW, 'cause the "anti-D/V" one would be there immediately for me, especially that they're profanating Vala's icon as their symbol. I am very negative about it.
                  Oh, since it seems that quite a few people don't like that smiley, I will ask the mods to change it for you.

Although, "profanating" is a little harsh... *sniffle* Like a said, I did that to show that I'm not anti-Vala. But, I guess that's not the message you get when you see it, so I will change it.

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
                  I've had bad experience with anti-people before (not u Myn obviously *hugs back*) so I'd rather just avoid the subject completely, heck I'm a half slasher myself! I see no reason to be anti any ship... of course you (general you) don't have to like them all (I don't) but there's a big diference between not supporting a ship and saying it's just "wrong" (which to me is "anti")
                  Well, since no 'ship is just "wrong" to me, then going by what you said... I guess I'm not "anti". I just wouldn't like it for the show, very much. So, STAND PROUD, 'SHIPPERS!! Nobody has the right to disgrace any fan 'ship!

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  I just hope everyone can just get along I believe in ship and let ship. We all have our ship in our own AU and we all in this thread have our own versions of how our ship goes. I am enjoying the the pro/con discussion D/V thread so can we all be nice to eachother.
                  Oh, I totally agree. I'm glad (and pleasantly surprised) that there haven't been any arguments over there.

Well, bye, everyone! I guess we understand each other, so... I'll see you elsewhere. *more hugs* *waves goodbye*
                  Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

A.
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Do you know that there're 5 days only 'till Vala and Daniel return?

Comment

I hope all of you over seas and over the border in North America gives us lots of spoilers I am waiting with baited breath. I really hope we get our kiss I can't wait I hope it isn't an AU one I want a real one for & . I hope the TPTB don't waste all that chemistry that would be criminal.
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          I hope all of you over seas and over the border in North America gives us lots of spoilers I am waiting with baited breath. I really hope we get our kiss I can't wait I hope it isn't an AU one I want a real one for & . I hope the TPTB don't waste all that chemistry that would be criminal.
                          Agree completely. They would be total idiots to waste such a wonderful chemistry between Claudia and Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
                            When Vala was trying to seduce Daniel in The Ties that Bind, she thought she was going to be able to manipulate him just like she manipulated all the other men she knew. Daniel really called her on it that night, telling her that she "used sex as a weapon." Vala was just mortified. Doesn't mean it wasn't true, though. In my mind, it was entirely too true. Daniel really had this woman pegged!

It wasn't until The Pegasus Project that Vala actually started treating Daniel like a person to be cherished and cared for, rather than someone to use and manipulate. She tried to comfort him when he was feeling down. It was a moment of genuine caring.

I think Vala is changing, but gradually. Which is as it should be -- no one changes overnight.
                            I agree and I think that having sticking up for was something very new for her. I think they are both to each other very different than either has known and this is something of a deep connection for both.
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post

Well, since no 'ship is just "wrong" to me, then going by what you said... I guess I'm not "anti".
                                You should change your thread title Don't make me send Edgar on u!!

Comment

Working...
                                X