No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey fruitcakes! Represent some Daniel/Vala love in the campaign's new contest! Details on our website (link in sig) or in the spoiler tags below!

Spoiler:
    For the Love of Stargate Banner Contest!

This is the first in a series of contests dedicated to celebrating the things that fans love the most about SG-1 and Atlantis.

What do you love the most about SG-1 and SGA? Is it the team, a particular character, character wump or the shipping of two characters? Or perhaps it is the technology, the battles, the aliens? This is your chance to create a banner depicting your favorite things about your favorite show!!!!

The contest is about having some fun as fans and about sending a positive message to TPTB that fans still love and support Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. We want you to be creative, to feel inspired and most importantly to enjoy those things we all love the most about SG-1 and Atlantis.

There are just a few rules that you will need to follow in order to enter your banner:
    All banners must be positive and must be respectful to ALL the characters and ALL the shows. We will not accept any banner that we feel is derogatory or demeaning to any show, character or any part of the franchise.
    Please only use images from the shows or movies, do not use images of the actors from their other works, appearances or personal photos. (example: You may not use images of Michael Shanks’s role in Smallville and you may not use images from conventions etc. ).
    Since the campaign is focused on SG-1 and SGA, please do not use images of the characters, aliens, or technology from SGU. However, you may use images of SG1 or Atlantis characters individually as they appear on SGU so long as SGU characters are not in the image.
    You may not use another artist’s work without their express permission and without giving them co-creator credit.
    You may enter one entry per category but no more. Winners will be chosen from the following categories that the banners will be placed in: I) SG1, II) SGA, and III) SG1 and SGA Together
    Please keep all banners at PG-13 or below
    Please keep all banners to the sizes regulated by forums 700 x 400 pixels or less

You may submit your entries to [email protected] Entries will be accepted now through September 10th at 12 midnight EST.

There will be one prize awarded for each category. Winners may pick a prize from our prize list. Information on voting to be announced.

The prize will be the winner’s choice of one of the following: one SGA season 5 DVD, OR one SG-1 DVD movie (Ark or Continuum), OR one SGU 1.0 or 1.5 DVD, OR one SGA Fan favorites on Blue Ray (all DVD’s & Blue Rays are region 1 only ) OR any two SG paperback books currently published and available as new from amazon.com/usa OR one SG action figure currently in production, and available as new from amazon.com/usa OR one Stargate SG1: Vala Mal Doran #1 comic (available in May).

* All prizes are subject to availability, limited to a maximum value of $30.00 and the ability to reasonably mail or ship it.

** Please note: for contests with multiple categories, a person is only eligible to win one prize. If the same artist wins more than one category than the prize will be awarded to the next entry with the most votes.
    sigpic
    Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
    My Fanfiction I sail on certain 'ships, but try to avoid the fluff!

Comment

Originally posted by SpacedOutAgain View Post
      Just running in before I go to bed..

new ficlet - Not What I Expected

I'll be away for most of the day tomorrow.. going to the seaside for the day...

should be fun!!

see ya when I get back!
      Hope you had lots of fun, Space!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        Hope you had lots of fun, Space!

Well.. we had to cancel and rearrange as the weather was torrential. It pee'ed down all day so not good for the kids to make sandcastles in!
        So hopefully it will be next week!
        I took her to the park today, as this particular park had a sand / beach area and a paddling pool!
        and the weather was good today so, yep.. it was a pretend beach day today in prep for next week!

But I am knackered now.. long day.
        sigpic
        Made by me.

Comment

Sounds like you had fun at your pretend beach day! Hope all works out well for a real one next week!

And take a nap or something! Sit down and rest! I know how the young ones can tire a person out during an exciting day!
          sigpic

Comment

Oh God yeah.. I gave her a hot chocolate before her bedtime and 5 minutes later she was out like a light!

I am watching SGU at the mo from the first episode as it's on the tv right now.... *yawn* it's okaaaay... the advertisemnets are more lively.

*snort*

sigpic
            Made by me.

Comment

Oh God yeah.. I gave her a hot chocolate before her bedtime and 5 minutes later she was out like a light!

I am watching SGU at the mo from the first episode as it's on the tv right now.... *yawn* it's okaaaay... the advertisemnets are more lively.

*snort*

I love SGU, I've been into it since the pilot I'm glad you are giving it a chance

I hope you have fun whenever you actually get to go to the beach
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Actually, I just sat through 2 hours of the first eps.. not bad really! At least the camera wasnt as shaky as i'd seen it on other episodes.
                The Storyline was pretty good. the planet they were on looks like the one maybe cos it was 'hot' but the SG1 ep with the blue crystal lifeforms, when Jack was cloned.

I need to go find a SG1 fic I think, one relating to an off world very hot planet as in burning desert..

I wonder if there is one.

sigpic
                Made by me.

Comment

I don't know where they filmed the SG-1 ep, but the one from SGU was filmed at White Sands National Monument in New Mexico.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, hey! Mag updated Spider for us!
                    sigpic

Comment

*fangirly squeeeee*

New vid just in.. dont like the ending but... I'll be happy if i can find a fic that will change the ending!!
                      But aww.. maybe I can ask if she can do an alternate ending?
                      Spoilers...
                      Spoiler:
                      If Tomin had just walked out when he did and Vala didnt go off through the gate to get wed, then when Daniel went through the gate to find her she wouldnt have got wed to Tomin.. but in my mind.. he stopped the wedding! that's how I would have liked it to end!
                      So yes, it's a D/V vid.. but with Vala making a great big mistake.

sigpic
                      Made by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        Oh, hey! Mag updated Spider for us!
                        *off to go read*

(sorry, still fangirly over that vid.. sept for the ending.. I can scrub that)
                        sigpic
                        Made by me.

Comment

*fangirly squeeeee*

New vid just in.. dont like the ending but... I'll be happy if i can find a fic that will change the ending!!
                          But aww.. maybe I can ask if she can do an alternate ending?
                          Spoilers...
                          Spoiler:
                          If Tomin had just walked out when he did and Vala didnt go off through the gate to get wed, then when Daniel went through the gate to find her she wouldnt have got wed to Tomin.. but in my mind.. he stopped the wedding! that's how I would have liked it to end!
                          So yes, it's a D/V vid.. but with Vala making a great big mistake.

Great vid!!

I like the ending, it just needs a sequel
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

yes, actually, it does need a sequel.. good idea Yessika!
                            sigpic
                            Made by me.

Comment

Fic rec! How Many Ways Can I Distract You by Spacegypsy 1
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello Fruitcakes

sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X