Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LKS358 View Post
    ......As far as AoT goes, I completely agree that something (definitely good and happy) has changed between Daniel and Vala. .......
    yep, i concur... when Vala was in the cell getting Tomin and there is Daniel in the background and he says "im here".... his tone was very different. although im a Mitchell fan, i suspect shortly after D&V were off making out like bunnies

sig by DJgirl

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
      I'm still about, LSK. I see Rac lurking too

I was just away for a bit, writing.
      I really need to write, I just can't think of anything...
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin

Comment

I'm still about, LSK. I see Rac lurking too

I was just away for a bit, writing.
        I'm here off and on too...also been trying to get some writing done... wanna get the next chaper of "Best" posted before I get involved in my classes.
        sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
        http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by Denali View Post
          yep, i concur... when Vala was in the cell getting Tomin and there is Daniel in the background and he says "im here".... his tone was very different. although im a Mitchell fan, i suspect shortly after D&V were off making out like bunnies
          I agree! I had to go off and watch that part just now, and you could really hear that his tone was completely different.
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
            I'm here off and on too...also been trying to get some writing done... wanna get the next chaper of "Best" posted before I get involved in my classes.
            Hey LC! That's a good idea - classes have been keeping me real busy, so I barely even have time to even think about writing anything right now! *prays for break to come sooner*
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin

Comment

Originally posted by LKS358 View Post
              I really need to write, I just can't think of anything...
              I've reached a hard bit myself.... One of those parts where you know what you want to happen, but you can't quite get the words on the screen- or on the paper, depending on what medium you use-.... I hate it. But, that's what all the different popcap games I have are for

Lots of writers about, aren't there?

ahhh, school. Not something I have to worry about.... Even if I HAD been attending these last... er... 8 years, I would have graduated by now anyway, so.... (Homeschooling. It rocks)

EDIT: apparently we're back to watching SGA now- and we're into season 4 now, which, in my opinion, is when the show started going UPhill- so many people say it went down.... But then... *I* never liked Weir, so...)

EDIT2: Since I may get up in the morning and find no internet connection, I'll go ahead and say bye to everyone, and I'll be back soon as the 'net is back

.....granted, I may wake up and still have a connection, in which case, I'll be around tomorrow XD
              Last edited by LittleMissJigsaw; 24 August 2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarieWynn View Post
                Oh I sooo thought that too with the cell scene! And his smile is EXACTLY like the one he gave her in Unending ("You better not be messing with me")! It really grates my cheese that they didn't continue with those little things in Continuum. It seemed like things went right back to Season 10 for them, maybe even a step behind.

Came up with an idea for a fic that is total fruitcake/fangirlish in its origin. This will make it the fourth one I am currently working on. It's revisiting what happened with Jack and Sam when they had their personalities replaced in that dingy place I think in Season 4, where they all had no idea (except for Teal'c) as to who they really were other than workers really, but Sam and Jack were still drawn together. The team goes through the gate to an as yet unexplored planet, only to have their memories wiped completely the instant they step through. Since Teal'c is Jaffa and his DNA is different, he is unaffected. But it is basically an experimentation with utopian societies and sort of a social experiment. If people had no memories of who they were and their issues, would they coexist peacefully sort of thing. And of course, Daniel and Vala are drawn together. Whatcha think?
                Beneath the surface... great sam/jack shipper ep. I think Daniel and vala would be as inevitable as Jack and Sam... there is simply something called fate.

Originally posted by Denali View Post
                LOL "making out like bunnies" yep... They were doing that I am sure.

Comment

*pops head in* Good morning, 'cakes. Just thought I'd pop in to say hi before I have to head off.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin

Comment

Originally posted by lystelle View Post
                    I would hope that being electrocuted would smack some sense into the boy, but unfortunately Daniel has had way too many near death/full on death experiences to probably be bothered by it. I think it would take really seeing that Vala does care for him sincerely and a good fight before he really gets a clue or the guts to put out there how he's feeling.

But I like your plan...
                    First off, if I haven't welcomed you to the Oven, WELCOME!!

And, while, Daniel's died enough times he's a little blase over it, Vala hasn't seen that. I think she'd get serious about the whole thing.

Well, this is prolly my last day with internet, may as well enjoy it..

Did anyone else have any issues with the forum? Cuz all night last night, I was getting "Database Error"- until I tried logging in from my sister's computer- and then this morning I kept getting "Internal Server Error"...
                    All day yesterday - when I had time to check - and the night before. Sheesh!

I think we all noticed by the end of AoT something had shifted. I don't know if we could say for certain that the UST had been completely resolved...but that tone in Daniel's voice in the dungeon when he says "I'm right here." was warm and caring in a way we had never heard before.
                    And I don't think Vala was just startled...I'd identify that expression on her face when she kinda jumps away from Tomin as guilt.
                    Of course the fact that she elects to stay on Earth has the implication that she has particular reasons to believe that she's 'found her place' on Earth. I might hazard a guess that their relationship was in transition and they were still feeling their way with each other.
                    I found the scene in the pub when Tomin introduces Vala as his wife to be interesting. When Tomin says 'Vala, my wife.' Daniel has almost no reaction...he doesn't skewer Vala with any raised eyebrows or look surprised...in fact he looks away from the exchange between Vala and Tomin...made me wonder if he and Vala had already covered the topic of Tomin and he was content to let her handle that particular conversation with Tomin on her own.
                    Oh, I loved the DeVilishness in AoT. I think that she found her place bit was a true tell. Because really, after AoT, unless she's with Daniel, She doesn't have any real reason to stay on Earth. Both from inside the story Vala's perspective and from a writer's perspective.

Oh I sooo thought that too with the cell scene! And his smile is EXACTLY like the one he gave her in Unending ("You better not be messing with me")! It really grates my cheese that they didn't continue with those little things in Continuum. It seemed like things went right back to Season 10 for them, maybe even a step behind.

Came up with an idea for a fic that is total fruitcake/fangirlish in its origin. This will make it the fourth one I am currently working on. It's revisiting what happened with Jack and Sam when they had their personalities replaced in that dingy place I think in Season 4, where they all had no idea (except for Teal'c) as to who they really were other than workers really, but Sam and Jack were still drawn together. The team goes through the gate to an as yet unexplored planet, only to have their memories wiped completely the instant they step through. Since Teal'c is Jaffa and his DNA is different, he is unaffected. But it is basically an experimentation with utopian societies and sort of a social experiment. If people had no memories of who they were and their issues, would they coexist peacefully sort of thing. And of course, Daniel and Vala are drawn together. Whatcha think?
                    I totally love Fruitcake tasting fics! Love the idea for this one. Seriously, you've got to write these fics your giving us hints on.
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

HI!!!!!!
                      first time on this thread, first day on the forrum, so if i somehow mess up and totally crash the whole site (belive when I say its possible) let me say in advance: oops!!! sorry!!!! (also a warning that im a horrible speller! you have been warned!!!!)

so daniel and vala! OMG love them!!!

"Promethius unbound" and "The ties that bind" are two of my favorite episodes ever."Unending" was amazing. Every episode of season nine and ten I would hope Daniel and Vala would get together, so by the end Id just given up, so when the D/V scene came up in Unending I was jumping for joy! I have rewatched just that scene like 100 times!

I do have one note, its deffinatly already been mention in this thread, i just cant find it! (big tread, little time!!! )

I wanted to know what you guys think about how in the scene when Vala's crying and Daniels holding her (always makes me bawl!), about how its because she got pregnant and lost the baby. (when i learned that I bawled even harder!!!!) I noticed after i learned that little hints like how Daniel had his hand on her stomach, but do you think they should have maybe had a scene or something befor to let you know? like maybe them hugging and and everyone touching her stomach sorta thing???? because i had NO Idea untill i listened to the commentary!

wow this is really long and im more then likely boring you!

so i guess thats all for now!!

D and V forever!!!

-Kat

oh befor i forget, does anyone know what page of this thread the D/V baby thing is on?? thanks!

Stargate SG-1

The best thing to ever happen to TV...and LIFE!

Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Daniel Jackson View Post
                        HI!!!!!!
                        first time on this thread, first day on the forrum, so if i somehow mess up and totally crash the whole site (belive when I say its possible) let me say in advance: oops!!! sorry!!!! (also a warning that im a horrible speller! you have been warned!!!!)

"Promethius unbound" and "The ties that bind" are two of my favorite episodes ever."Unending" was amazing. Every episode of season nine and ten I would hope Daniel and Vala would get together, so by the end Id just given up, so when the D/V scene came up in Unending I was jumping for joy! I have rewatched just that scene like 100 times!

I do have one note, its deffinatly already been mention in this thread, i just cant find it! (big tread, little time!!! )

I wanted to know what you guys think about how in the scene when Vala's crying and Daniels holding her (always makes me bawl!), about how its because she got pregnant and lost the baby. (when i learned that I bawled even harder!!!!) I noticed after i learned that little hints like how Daniel had his hand on her stomach, but do you think they should have maybe had a scene or something befor to let you know? like maybe them hugging and and everyone touching her stomach sorta thing???? because i had NO Idea untill i listened to the commentary!

D and V forever!!!

-Kat

oh befor i forget, does anyone know what page of this thread the D/V baby thing is on?? thanks!
                        First off, Welcome to the Oven!

Don't freak if GW goes down in the next few days. It's been having problems for a few days now and it isn't your fault. Honest!

Never worry about discussing anything Daniel/Vala. We love doing that in here.

As far as that angst fest moment in Unending - I admit, I was a bad kid and read all the spoilers, and watched that ep early on someones site before it was shown here in the states. And, yeah. I cried. In fact, that site aforementioned had such a lousy picture, I thought Cam's rampage and messing up his room right after that was Daniel having a rampage over losing the baby.
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          I totally love Fruitcake tasting fics! Love the idea for this one. Seriously, you've got to write these fics your giving us hints on.
                          *hangs head* I've got about 70 pages on the sequel to the one I already wrote (Left Behind, on ff.net), about 50 on the prequel I dumped the sequel for, and now I am moving on to this standalone one I think. I'm surprised I finished Left Behind, but then again it was at the point in the summer to where not much was going on and my fanfiction loving mind could focus instead of wander on to new ideas....I'll post some tidbits once we get moved into the new house. My computer has been packed up already.
                          Or I could skip Probability and Statistics and write....hmmm.....

And YES! I am not alone in believing they were together in AoT!!!

*waves* Bye LittleMiss! Hope to see you back with internets again soon!

Off to class! Here's hoping GW is still working when I get home!
                          sigpic
                          Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
                          My Fanfiction I sail on certain 'ships, but try to avoid the fluff!

Comment

Yup, I did. Which I was totally cursing about. I rewatched Ark of Truth again last night and is it me or has the chemistry between Daniel and Vala shifted a bit in that movie? Maybe this is just me being a super fruitcake, but I've been pondering the idea of whether or something had happened (good!) between them before the movie takes place. The sexual tension/chemistry was there, but didn't seem so unresolved, ya know? Maybe it's just wishful thinking!
                            No, I agree, but I thought maybe it was because they were dealing with the issues between Vala and Tomin...there wasn't a lot of room for Daniel and Vala chemistry in there. But I never considered it not being "unresolved"...I'd be okay with that. Hmmm...

Comment

First off, if I haven't welcomed you to the Oven, WELCOME!!
                              http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...ishWelcome.jpg
                              And, while, Daniel's died enough times he's a little blase over it, Vala hasn't seen that. I think she'd get serious about the whole thing.
                              Thank you for the welcome! Excited to be here!!

And I agree, I totally think Vala would flip out about it...if "The Quest" and "The Shroud" are anything to go by. I think it would take Vala to start something before Daniel got a clue though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Daniel Jackson View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                HI!!!!!!

D and V forever!!!

-Kat

Spoiler:
                                First off, Welcome to the Oven!

Don't freak if GW goes down in the next few days. It's been having problems for a few days now and it isn't your fault. Honest!

Never worry about discussing anything Daniel/Vala. We love doing that in here.

As far as that angst fest moment in Unending - I admit, I was a bad kid and read all the spoilers, and watched that ep early on someones site before it was shown here in the states. And, yeah. I cried. In fact, that site aforementioned had such a lousy picture, I thought Cam's rampage and messing up his room right after that was Daniel having a rampage over losing the baby.

OMG I had no idea that was why she was crying that hard. I was wondering why as she had "Her Daniel" I was wondering why she was so upset.
                                I thought that Cam ripping apart his room was because he was so confined.
                                Where do you guys find the spoilers and commentaries? I seem to be soooo out of the loop.
                                sigpic
                                I Believe
                                My FanFiction

Comment

Working...
                                X