Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
    that is the only excuse i'll take about vala not being in the movie.
    Agreed...

Though they could go a more tragic route, and say she's recovering from a miscarriage (*has Unending crying scene flashback*)... As long as there is a REASONABLE explanation for her absence, I will be... well, not happy, but I won't hop a flight to wherever BW lives, and force him to rewrite the entire thing- the alternative being me choking the life out of him.... slowly-.... However, if she isn't mentioned at all- hell, even Daniel wearing a wedding band would satisfy me-, and is just GONE.... well, then the choking ensues...

...I really should stop mentioning pregnancy scenarios... I'll get a fic bug, and HAVE to write...

.... Actually, I think I may anyway.... I haven't written SG-1 fic in forever, and it's been a month or so since I finished my last fic....
    It WOULD be an opportunity to use the scenario that I started in Eternal, and never got to finish, cuz I lost all my files...
    Spoiler:
    On a trip to Langara- with the reappearance of Jonas, cuz I love him- Daniel discovered an Ancient tablet, that changed what it said depending on who touched it... When Daniel first handled it, it said "By all the power within, let them find they have re-awoken the ties that bind"... My wording sucked... I'd likely change it... That recharged the connection the Kor Mak bracelets made...
    A part I wrote but never got to publish was when VALA handled it; "Those who love, and those who hate, give to them each others pain. Let them see through another's eyes, let them see through all the lies".... Body-switching, and constant awareness of the others feelings followed....

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissJigsaw View Post
      Agreed...

Though they could go a more tragic route, and say she's recovering from a miscarriage (*has Unending crying scene flashback*)... As long as there is a REASONABLE explanation for her absence, I will be... well, not happy, but I won't hop a flight to wherever BW lives, and force him to rewrite the entire thing- the alternative being me choking the life out of him.... slowly-.... However, if she isn't mentioned at all- hell, even Daniel wearing a wedding band would satisfy me-, and is just GONE.... well, then the choking ensues...

...I really should stop mentioning pregnancy scenarios... I'll get a fic bug, and HAVE to write...

.... Actually, I think I may anyway.... I haven't written SG-1 fic in forever, and it's been a month or so since I finished my last fic....
      It WOULD be an opportunity to use the scenario that I started in Eternal, and never got to finish, cuz I lost all my files...
      BW shouldn't be allowed to write SG scripts anymore. RCC should do all of the writing. That way every character would be involved instead of acting like a five year old and picking favorites.

that would be soo sad if vala was recovering from a miscarriage, but it means that d/v was trying to have a child so that's a plus
      thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

BW shouldn't be allowed to write SG scripts anymore. RCC should do all of the writing. That way every character would be involved instead of acting like a five year old and picking favorites.

that would be soo sad if vala was recovering from a miscarriage, but it means that d/v was trying to have a child so that's a plus
        Again, agreed

and agreed.

Unless of course they mentioned that she was seeing someone else... that would be a bummer

Hmmm... I'm getting vid ideas... I may have to get me some SG footage... How do these songs seem for 'em? (particularly fitting parts bolded)
        Spoiler:

Eclipsed

We love our tragedies
        We're both broken in our own little ways
        We're broken but we fit together just right

You know I saw the black inside your eyes
        I saw they were eclipsed, by mine
        and they looked just right

[chorus]
        When our lights meet, will you know me then?
        And will you wanna know it?
        It feels like I've known you for so long
        When our lips meet
        Will you love me then?
        And will you ever know it?
        It feels like you've known me for so long

I love your analogies
        we're both crazy in our own little ways
        We talk about the future and our past lives
        I know I loved you then
        I know I'd love you now
        I know I'll love you then
        I know I love you now

[chorus]

But you can't have everything you want, when you want it
        I will be everything you want, when you want it

Wait for me
        Trust for me
        Fall for me
        Even when you don't know you fall for me

Will you fall for it? If it should, it'll come around, again
        Don't wait for me, don't trust in me, don't fall for me
        Even when you know you're falling for me

[chorus]

When our hearts meet
        Will we make it then?
        Will we even notice, that they are eclipsed?

Halo (not bolded, cuz entire song fits)

Remember those walls I built?
        Well baby they're tumblin down
        And they didn't even put up a fight
        They didn't even make a sound

I found a way to let you in, but I never really had a doubt
        Standin in the light of your halo
        I got my angel now

[bridge]
        It's like I been awakened
        Every rule I had you breakin
        it's the risk that I'm takin
        I ain't never gonna shut you out

[chorus]
        Every where I'm lookin now
        I'm surrounded by your embrace
        Baby I can see your halo
        You know you're my savin grace
        You're everything I need and more
        It's written all over your face
        Baby I can feel your halo
        Pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo, halo, halo

Hit me like a ray of sun
        burning through my darkest night
        You're the only one that I want
        and I'm addicted to your light

I swore I'd never fall again
        but this don't even feel like fallin
        Gravity can't forget
        to pull me back to the ground again

[bridge]

[chorus]

Comment

Again, agreed

and agreed.

Unless of course they mentioned that she was seeing someone else... that would be a bummer

Hmmm... I'm getting vid ideas... I may have to get me some SG footage... How do these songs seem for 'em? (particularly fitting parts bolded)
          Spoiler:

Eclipsed

We love our tragedies
          We're both broken in our own little ways
          We're broken but we fit together just right

You know I saw the black inside your eyes
          I saw they were eclipsed, by mine
          and they looked just right

[chorus]
          When our lights meet, will you know me then?
          And will you wanna know it?
          It feels like I've known you for so long
          When our lips meet
          Will you love me then?
          And will you ever know it?
          It feels like you've known me for so long

I love your analogies
          we're both crazy in our own little ways
          We talk about the future and our past lives
          I know I loved you then
          I know I'd love you now
          I know I'll love you then
          I know I love you now

[chorus]

But you can't have everything you want, when you want it
          I will be everything you want, when you want it

Wait for me
          Trust for me
          Fall for me
          Even when you don't know you fall for me

Will you fall for it? If it should, it'll come around, again
          Don't wait for me, don't trust in me, don't fall for me
          Even when you know you're falling for me

[chorus]

When our hearts meet
          Will we make it then?
          Will we even notice, that they are eclipsed?

Halo (not bolded, cuz entire song fits)

Remember those walls I built?
          Well baby they're tumblin down
          And they didn't even put up a fight
          They didn't even make a sound

I found a way to let you in, but I never really had a doubt
          Standin in the light of your halo
          I got my angel now

[bridge]
          It's like I been awakened
          Every rule I had you breakin
          it's the risk that I'm takin
          I ain't never gonna shut you out

[chorus]
          Every where I'm lookin now
          I'm surrounded by your embrace
          Baby I can see your halo
          You know you're my savin grace
          You're everything I need and more
          It's written all over your face
          Baby I can feel your halo
          Pray it won't fade away

I can feel your halo, halo, halo

Hit me like a ray of sun
          burning through my darkest night
          You're the only one that I want
          and I'm addicted to your light

I swore I'd never fall again
          but this don't even feel like fallin
          Gravity can't forget
          to pull me back to the ground again

[bridge]

[chorus]
          that would anger me to the point of tears.

those songs are awesome! the first one is really good. move d/v vids are amazing. i can't get enough of these two!!!

Comment

that would anger me to the point of tears.

those songs are awesome! the first one is really good. move d/v vids are amazing. i can't get enough of these two!!!
            I would do the same to me. Hopefully, they wouldn't do that to us... I mean, I know TBTP HATE to confirm anything (for example, they deleted the scene in SGA that practically screamed that Sam and Jack are together, and have been since his promotion to the position at Homeworld Security), but I don't think they'd kill the ship like that

And danke... I pride myself in my ability to choose fitting songs for any ship... D/V most of all.

EDIT: It's late here.... time for me to go
            Last edited by LittleMissJigsaw; 26 July 2009, 08:35 PM.

Comment

I would do the same to me. Hopefully, they wouldn't do that to us... I mean, I know TBTP HATE to confirm anything (for example, they deleted the scene in SGA that practically screamed that Sam and Jack are together, and have been since his promotion to the position at Homeworld Security), but I don't think they'd kill the ship like that

And danke... I pride myself in my ability to choose fitting songs for any ship... D/V most of all.

EDIT: It's late here.... time for me to go
              I KNOW!!!! why would they do that to the s/j ship???? at least its on the dvd's though. TPTB seem to hate to do anything to do with the characters. John and Teyla has such a close bond on atlantis, but they severed that becasue they were too scared to make j/t have a relationship. ughhhh. don't even get me started on j/s and d/v lol.

your welcome and good night!

Comment

Agreed...

Spoiler:
                On a trip to Langara- with the reappearance of Jonas, cuz I love him- Daniel discovered an Ancient tablet, that changed what it said depending on who touched it... When Daniel first handled it, it said "By all the power within, let them find they have re-awoken the ties that bind"... My wording sucked... I'd likely change it... That recharged the connection the Kor Mak bracelets made...
                A part I wrote but never got to publish was when VALA handled it; "Those who love, and those who hate, give to them each others pain. Let them see through another's eyes, let them see through all the lies".... Body-switching, and constant awareness of the others feelings followed....
                *drums fingers waitinf for the new fic!* that sounds good write it.

As to the third movie,I am beginning to have my doubts it will even get made. supposedly it was to start filming in the fall after sgu finished so we should have dates, scripts story idea, etc... with nothing I am worried it is on "hold for financial reasons" like the SGA movie supposedly is.

I would rather they completely ignore Vala than have her off with another guy or give Daniel another girl. then my shippy little heart can supply the story I want!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  *drums fingers waitinf for the new fic!* that sounds good write it.
                  Haha, I may... though I'd have to think up some overall plot, to go along with it... in the story that scenario was originally in, it was the Ori, gathering followers on earth (Adria had retaken human form on earth), and trying to take control of the SGC, one person at a time.... This was before AOT came out, and ruined all my ideas... So that would no longer work, as I am a nut about sticking to canon....

...I also suck at purely romance plots.... I need a bad guy, looking to do some damage SOMEWHERE

As to the third movie,I am beginning to have my doubts it will even get made. supposedly it was to start filming in the fall after sgu finished so we should have dates, scripts story idea, etc... with nothing I am worried it is on "hold for financial reasons" like the SGA movie supposedly is.
                  Yeah, I was wondering about that... cuz I looked on IMDB and it said the release date was early 2010 (funny, I just watched that episode, not long ago), but there was no basic plot, none of the actors were listed as CONFIRMED, all still listed as "rumored" or "in talks".... And even then, it was only RDA, AT, and MS....

I would rather they completely ignore Vala than have her off with another guy or give Daniel another girl. then my shippy little heart can supply the story I want!
                  I dunno... At least we would know she was still around? Besides, if they had her with another guy, it would give us ficcers plenty of fuel for the fire that is the Jealous!Daniel that lives inside our brains, and begs to be written...

Comment

I don't like a jealous!daniel that has screwed up and lost the woman, I just like a jealous!daniel who is slowly getting a clue and really has no deep reason to be jealous. what can i say, I don't like angst or tragedy, I like romance and happily ever afters!

Comment

oh, I'm all for romance and a happily ever after... but, I like some angst, and tragedy along the way. In fact, in my writing, there's ALWAYS some angst, and usually a tragedy. The angst is usually brought about from the romance side of things...

...the tragedy... Well, that depends on what I'm writing for. The Heroes fic I recently finished; the main characters lost their 4 year old son... Their niece killed him. Granted, he was brought back to life- the niece's regenerative blood-, but they still had to go through it

The tragedy I had in mind for Eternal wasn't for D/V (I was going to be nice to them... mostly), it was for Sam and Jack. I hadn't worked out all the details, but Sam was pregnant, and thanks to Adria, had a miscarriage.
                      The angst wasn't for D/V either... well, not all of it... Most of it was for Cam, and the Jaffa priestess, Nak'ti, that caught his interest.

Comment

*sigh* I remember when you couldn't stay away from this thread for 5 minutes, without coming back to a full page of new posts.... I miss those days...

...btw, how does one get a custom av? Cuz I can't find nothin on how to do so...

Comment

you need to have 2000 posts, then you can get a custom avi. yes our oven is much slower these days. I have been enjoying season 10 of sg1 as I do housework etc and have been loving the commentaries. It seems our fave couple do a lot of adlibbing together! MS & CB seem to know what suits their characters interactions best, one of the directors says he just lets them run with it.

Comment

That's the best way to go sometimes: just let them go crazy

Hah, still a while to go before we reach s10

So, are you a fan of the series as a whole, or one of those who followed CB and BB from Farscape, and watched the last 2 seasons first, then went back and watched the others?
                            ...Then again, there were a few here, back before I took my long absence, that hadn't seen ANYTHING prior to season 9- aside from Prometheus Unbound-, but you mentioned SJ, and a true SJ fan has to have seen more than just 9 and 10...

If I quit getting interrupted, I should have new sig created soon... All the ones I still have are ages old...

Comment

I have been a fan of SG1 since the middle of season one. I liked the premise of the show and the writing and acting was good. I am a scifi fanatic anyway. (I am also a huge fan of star trek!) I am a fan of SGA, as well.
                              BUT i was not a huge fan of Daniel's before Prometheus Unbound... I found him rather boring and not intriguing at all. Vala brought Daniel to life and watching them together I realized Daniel was quite hot!
                              you?

Comment

I was a fan of Daniel from the start.... and by "start" I mean the movie that started the whole thing. The way he just kinda let the things the airmen said to him roll right off him, his attempts to communicate with the Abydonians (especially mimicking a chicken)... His relationship with Sha'uri (which they should have left her name as, instead of changing it to Sha're... Sha'uri sounded prettier)....

Loved Jack from the start too... Though I will admit, his character in the show is much better than in the movie... Granted, in the movie he had just lost his son, and was therefore entitled to grumpiness.

Comment

Working...
                                X