Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's hope they give her an offer she can not refuse for the future movies

sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Random question that I may or may not have asked before, I don't remember.

What sort of music do you think Daniel listens to?

What sort of music for Vala?
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Is there any chance that we can keep this as just the Daniel/Vala Ship thread? It took me 5 minutes to find it with the new name change.
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

We're putting the last names on all the threads - or will be soon - just so that threads can be found by the general user. With some, for example, going by Daniel, Danny, Jackson, Daniel Jackson, Danny-Boy....etc, it gets hard for newbies to find stuff.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

great rename! good job and thanks for asking (and wanting) our input.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Random question that I may or may not have asked before, I don't remember.

What sort of music do you think Daniel listens to?

What sort of music for Vala?
              Daniel doesn't strike me as the person who listens to any music at all. If he does, it's from whatever ethnic group has his fancy at the moment, IMHO.

Vala, on the other hand...I think she would definitely like pop music and hip hop once she got used to them. Those ones just because they're catchy, and I think she'd be intrigued by the style of lyrics. Possibly some light rock for the sound, probably oldies for the beat and lyrics, maybe classical and folk too as something a little less alien but still beautiful.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
              ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                great rename! good job and thanks for asking (and wanting) our input.
                Yeap!!! that is a great new name.

So what kind of music?

Hehe. Maybe this one. *giggles*
                sigpic
                Sig by Toomi

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  We're putting the last names on all the threads - or will be soon - just so that threads can be found by the general user. With some, for example, going by Daniel, Danny, Jackson, Daniel Jackson, Danny-Boy....etc, it gets hard for newbies to find stuff.
                  Oh, I see.
                  Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                  Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                    Daniel doesn't strike me as the person who listens to any music at all. If he does, it's from whatever ethnic group has his fancy at the moment, IMHO.

Vala, on the other hand...I think she would definitely like pop music and hip hop once she got used to them. Those ones just because they're catchy, and I think she'd be intrigued by the style of lyrics. Possibly some light rock for the sound, probably oldies for the beat and lyrics, maybe classical and folk too as something a little less alien but still beautiful.
                    I dunno Merry...he's gotta a piano...and he's got a pretty good sense of pitch(thinking of the episode where he had to help members of the Trust recalibrate the pitch on some off-world guardian kinda machine).
                    In keeping with the characteristics of his astrological sign(which I've mentioned before he's a classic example of) he's a closet romantic...I'd say when he listens to music he's likely to choose the crooners, light jazz(can't see that including experimental jazz), classic rock that he grew up with, actual classical music(not sure if he'd share Jack's love of opera)...but yes I can also see him taking an interest in ethnic music too...but probably more as a way of understanding the culture.
                    Vala...I think Vala would soak up anything. What would she actually like...hmm...I dunno that she would latch on to any particular genre....I think she's more likely to like/dislike specific pieces of music....NOW she, I think, is likely to get into experimental jazz...the free-spirit nature of it would suit her.
                    sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                    http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Daniel seems like the classical jazzy soft music type. Vala's more upbeat. But I don't think she'll go as far as hiphop...or rap. Gosh no.

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                      GOD NO!...the LAST thing I want to hear is that she's left the SGC or Earth. It's okay if she's specifically left SG-1....but to be actually told that she's left the planet means that she and Daniel don't get their HEA together...and I can't stand the thought of that!
                      Nope, nope, nope...no closure or send-off...as long as we can still believe that she's still on Earth, then I'm happy.
                      If she leaves Earth...THAT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY! *sniff*

Hmm...maybe they can have a Vala/Daniel centric movie, where they finally get together... then Vala gets pregnant, and they both have to retire. So then, we never see them again... *ahem*

It's pretty depressing never seeing them again, but it'd be a good way to see them go.

Comment

I dunno Merry...he's gotta a piano...and he's got a pretty good sense of pitch(thinking of the episode where he had to help members of the Trust recalibrate the pitch on some off-world guardian kinda machine).
                        In keeping with the characteristics of his astrological sign(which I've mentioned before he's a classic example of) he's a closet romantic...I'd say when he listens to music he's likely to choose the crooners, light jazz(can't see that including experimental jazz), classic rock that he grew up with, actual classical music(not sure if he'd share Jack's love of opera)...but yes I can also see him taking an interest in ethnic music too...but probably more as a way of understanding the culture.
                        Vala...I think Vala would soak up anything. What would she actually like...hmm...I dunno that she would latch on to any particular genre....I think she's more likely to like/dislike specific pieces of music....NOW she, I think, is likely to get into experimental jazz...the free-spirit nature of it would suit her.
                        Totally agree with Daniel's possible choice. Never even thought of when he helped with the pitch on that thingamibobber...

Vala, I think she'd be into pop or dance. She just seems to be a bubbly happy person who would enjoy the 'feel' of the music... (hmmmm so as a Punk and Rock fan what does that make me???? Cranky and depressed???) But I think she would go for some of the 'romantic ballards' when she's got Daniel on the brain....
                        sigpic

Comment

You're right about the pitch! He's also the only one who could sing in "Urgo". I guess he probably listens to some music, just not that often...it's on rare occasions when he's being extra romantic, or in a particular mood, not something he does all the time to relax. That's my perspective, anyway.

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                          Daniel seems like the classical jazzy soft music type. Vala's more upbeat. But I don't think she'll go as far as hiphop...or rap. Gosh no.
                          I'm curious...why not hiphop or rap? (I actually didn't mention rap ) They aren't genres I listen to, except maybe the occasional hiphop song, but looking at it from an alien, and specifically Vala's, point of view, I think it'd be a very intriguing genre.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

You're right about the pitch! He's also the only one who could sing in "Urgo". I guess he probably listens to some music, just not that often...it's on rare occasions when he's being extra romantic, or in a particular mood, not something he does all the time to relax. That's my perspective, anyway.
                            Yeah agree there...he doesn't listen while he's working...he seems to prefer to work in silence. And it's just occurred to me that if the radio in his vehicle is turned on it it's probably tuned to NPR....until Vala starts station-surfing that is,lol
                            Yeah, that was kinda cool in 'Urgo' eh...finding out that MS can actually carry a tune and was 'on' key...CJ was awful...RDA was okay but MS's voice was quite pleasant.

Anyone wanna do the favourite movies thing too?
                            Here's what I came up with during my 'thinky' sessions for 'Best'.

Daniel: obviously old stuff, probably stuff that he saw on TV as a kid. I thought he might have a real thing for old black/white 'noir' movies...'hard-boiled' detective movies...he'd like the mystery aspect and the suspense would've sucked him when he was a kid. Probably Hitchcock. And maybe old TV serials that he might watched when he was kid...like the Lone Ranger and Zorro...as a 'bookish' kid he would've fantasized about doing 'heroic' stuff like that.
                            Vala: once again as an alien to Earth culture, she'd soak up anything that was thrown at her...and then reject stuff on a movie by movie basis. She'd probably groan at Daniel's choices to begin with because they looked boring...black and white...and they'd be really 'talky' not a lot of action, but the suspense would pull her in. She'd probably also like big glitzy musicals...all that music and glittery costumes.
                            And that's enough 'thinky' stuff for 8:30 in the morning,lol
                            sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                            http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Yeah agree there...he doesn't listen while he's working...he seems to prefer to work in silence. And it's just occurred to me that if the radio in his vehicle is turned on it it's probably tuned to NPR....until Vala starts station-surfing that is,lol
                              Yeah, that was kinda cool in 'Urgo' eh...finding out that MS can actually carry a tune and was 'on' key...CJ was awful...RDA was okay but MS's voice was quite pleasant.

Daniel: obviously old stuff, probably stuff that he saw on TV as a kid. I thought he might have a real thing for old black/white 'noir' movies...'hard-boiled' detective movies...he'd like the mystery aspect and the suspense would've sucked him when he was a kid. Probably Hitchcock. And maybe old TV serials that he might watched when he was kid...like the Lone Ranger and Zorro...as a 'bookish' kid he would've fantasized about doing 'heroic' stuff like that.
                              Vala: once again as an alien to Earth culture, she'd soak up anything that was thrown at her...and then reject stuff on a movie by movie basis. She'd probably groan at Daniel's choices to begin with because they looked boring...black and white...and they'd be really 'talky' not a lot of action, but the suspense would pull her in. She'd probably also like big glitzy musicals...all that music and glittery costumes.

I remember the question being asked of MS what music he thought Daniel listened to. If IRC, he said 80' music.

I would expect Vala to be listening to all the latest music. (Hip Hop, Rap, Rock, and everything inbetween.) I don't see her listening to Country or Classical.
                              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I see Daniel listening to cool jazz, Sinatra, Harry Connick Jr., classic rock. (definitely not techno-pop). I agree that his taste in movies would be classic as well. Has probably seen all of the bogart movies, the old film noir classics, and loves a good period piece (as long as it is accurate). As for Vala -- she will try any kind of music and listen to what suits her mood. She likes peppy upbeat music and nothing too ethnic. She would be up for the latest movies (and find "horror" movies laughable) to absorb earth culture. She would find charm in the old "screwball comedies" and feel like she is Katherin Hepburn to Daniel's Cary Grant (Bringing up Baby comes to mind!). She would also enjoy Daniel's taste in movies & music but insist on broadening his horizons. JMHO folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X