Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
    Fave D/V moments, everyone?
    1. Vala holding unconscious Daniel in Merlin's cave—it may not be a reciprocal moment, but it shows exactly how serious Vala has become about Daniel.

2. The scenes in the montage in Unending.

All their "major" scenes are a tie, although Daniel convincing Vala not to shoot in Memento Mori might pull a very close third.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

My fave D/V moments......

- The hug in Memento Mori

- The kiss in Unending

- Daniel holding Vala in Avalon 2 after she was healed from being burned

- Daniel grabbing Vala (like the hero he is) in Flesh and Blood just as they get beamed away

- The foreplay--I mean...fight () and kiss in Prometheus Unbound

sigpic
      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        Welcome, Iawen! The one thing I loved the most about Unending was that it was our Daniel and Vala. It wasn't an alternate reality, it was just our timeline sped up (and with, granted, a little push from odd circumstances). Unending was a promise that we'd get there, that Daniel and Vala were for all extents and purposes an inevitability. So barring deaths, TPTB cannot change that fact.
        Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
        I agree with 100%! I mean....it's like that Unending was like a premonition of what things could lead to. I mean....cmon....we (Fruitcakes) all know they were meant for each other.
        And what we got in Unending is exactly why we won't see any further relationship development....because as far as TPTB are concerned the relationship was resolved in Unending....it answered the question being asked since Prometheus...are they in love with each other? The question was answered in that lovely 'window' scene. TPTB don't see any further need to do anything else with the relationship.
        On this topic I'm glad we got Unending instead of another season(bite my tongue,lol)...I suspect that if there had been an 11th season, TPTB still wouldn't have resolved it....sorta like they've still got J/S up in the air.
        Maybe IF, J/S gets unquestioningly resolved...no timeline screws up, no alien possession, no alternate universes. in the third movie....we might get something else in a later movie but I won't hold my breath.

I'm really tempted to drop a note to someone...maybe JM or RCC, that if they really want to resolve DV once and for all and never have to revisit the relationship again, all they have to do is have MS wear his wedding ring. It'll satisfy everyone...all who believe in DV will swoon everytime they see it....those that don't want any 'ship' at all will be happy because it'll mean that the topic will never be brought up again and those that can't stand the thought of DV can ignore it, knowing that they'll never have to hear about DV again either because the ring will make any references to their relationship unneccessary.
        LC
        (I would, however, love to be proven wrong.)
        sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
        http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
          And what we got in Unending is exactly why we won't see any further relationship development....because as far as TPTB are concerned the relationship was resolved in Unending....it answered the question being asked since Prometheus...are they in love with each other? The question was answered in that lovely 'window' scene. TPTB don't see any further need to do anything else with the relationship.
          On this topic I'm glad we got Unending instead of another season(bite my tongue,lol)...I suspect that if there had been an 11th season, TPTB still wouldn't have resolved it....sorta like they've still got J/S up in the air.
          Maybe IF, J/S gets unquestioningly resolved...no timeline screws up, no alien possession, no alternate universes. in the third movie....we might get something else in a later movie but I won't hold my breath.

I'm really tempted to drop a note to someone...maybe JM or RCC, that if they really want to resolve DV once and for all and never have to revisit the relationship again, all they have to do is have MS wear his wedding ring. It'll satisfy everyone...all who believe in DV will swoon everytime they see it....those that don't want any 'ship' at all will be happy because it'll mean that the topic will never be brought up again and those that can't stand the thought of DV can ignore it, knowing that they'll never have to hear about DV again either because the ring will make any references to their relationship unneccessary.
          I think that using Unending as a reason to not develop the relationship any further is stupid. They took back everything that happened! So yes, the audience knows without a doubt that Daniel and Vala are in love with each other, but they still don't know how each other feels. Ugh.

The wedding ring solution would work fine, but I would rather see it happen on my screen personally. Especially since all we've gotten about J/S is a bunch of implication through dialogue. If they can give us a canon SGA couple *I know some people love McKellar, some people hate them, but they're officially a canon couple, and the only canon couple we've seen get together* then they can show us one SG-1 couple finally make it. That's how I feel about it.
          sigpic
          Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
          I'm a 60%er!
          ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

I think that using Unending as a reason to not develop the relationship any further is stupid. They took back everything that happened! So yes, the audience knows without a doubt that Daniel and Vala are in love with each other, but they still don't know how each other feels. Ugh.

The wedding ring solution would work fine, but I would rather see it happen on my screen personally. Especially since all we've gotten about J/S is a bunch of implication through dialogue. If they can give us a canon SGA couple *I know some people love McKellar, some people hate them, but they're officially a canon couple, and the only canon couple we've seen get together* then they can show us one SG-1 couple finally make it. That's how I feel about it.
            I'm the opposite...I think. I just want a line or very short scene that confirms Daniel/Vala's relationship. Mostly, at this point I don't want an Unending-type scene because I think it's already happened. And it would mess up my personal canon to have it happen in canon years later. But something small, but not too small—a wedding ring could be taken to heart by many Daniel shippers—that just confirms their togetherness.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I too like the wedding ring solution ! I want more vala though, she is important to sg1 today.
              As for the "canon ship", it happens to be one I refuse to recognize (it's all an AU anyway ) so I still want my s/j and d/v!

Comment

1. Quest part 2 - Vala holding Daniel and Cam discussing with Vala
                2. Avalon part 2 - BBQ
                3. Memento Mori - Warehouse

After 300 downloads on new host it's time to release something new although unfinished

Be My Friend

Beta so all input is welcome. This should already be finished by now but I got distracted by Crayon Physics
                Challenge was to make Vala vid with few restrictions
                *clips from single episode (Memento Mori)
                *clips can't contain any other member of SG-1
                *use effect created yourself (Cel-shading)

Cel-shading function for Avisynth
                It's not real cel-shading but it tries to do something similar
                Applied to this video with CelShade(threshold=3.25, sigma=2.25, denoise1=false, denoise2=false, iterations=6, tStep=0.2)

First encode with 64bit version of x264 which also meant some workarounds (piping with avs2yuv) had to be used to get 32bit Avisynth to feed the frames to 64bit x264
                additionally I had to force the correct framerate

Lyrics:
                Spoiler:

Sia - Breath Me

Help, I have done it again
                I have been here many times before
                Hurt myself again today
                And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend
                Hold me, wrap me up
                Unfold me
                I am small
                I'm needy
                Warm me up
                And breathe me

Ouch I have lost myself again
                Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
                Yeah I think that I might break
                I've lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
                Hold me, wrap me up
                Unfold me
                I am small
                I'm needy
                Warm me up
                And breathe me

Be my friend
                Hold me, wrap me up
                Unfold me
                I am small
                I'm needy
                Warm me up
                And breathe me

Rain

I have no idea what this video is about
                Also beta, after 2:00 it's pretty much random clips thrown together to make it as long as the song

This was also episodic challenge
                *clips from Avalon part2

Lyrics:
                Spoiler:

Charon - Rain

Dying rose in a vase of gold
                For someone who rains
                And brings her to life again
                Blood on your defeated leaves
                And a tear for your arm
                No soul to weep for her

Rain above her eyes never reached to make her blind
                And the fire colored night
                Tragedy by trust, lost her world to the pyre
                And the fire wrote these lines

Seized to a world that's built on lust
                The dream has begun
                To share its silent touch
                Her loving turned to dust
                Frail in my hands, soul twisted out, crawling to the end...

sigpic
                Inside soft clouds we have drowned so deep in slumber our feet have lost the ground...

Comment

Originally posted by Tonttu View Post

Lyrics:
                  Spoiler:

Sia - Breath Me

Help, I have done it again
                  I have been here many times before
                  Hurt myself again today
                  And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend
                  Hold me, wrap me up
                  Unfold me
                  I am small
                  I'm needy
                  Warm me up
                  And breathe me

Ouch I have lost myself again
                  Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
                  Yeah I think that I might break
                  I've lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
                  Hold me, wrap me up
                  Unfold me
                  I am small
                  I'm needy
                  Warm me up
                  And breathe me

Be my friend
                  Hold me, wrap me up
                  Unfold me
                  I am small
                  I'm needy
                  Warm me up
                  And breathe me

Lyrics:
                  Spoiler:

Charon - Rain

Dying rose in a vase of gold
                  For someone who rains
                  And brings her to life again
                  Blood on your defeated leaves
                  And a tear for your arm
                  No soul to weep for her

Seized to a world that's built on lust
                  The dream has begun
                  To share its silent touch
                  Her loving turned to dust
                  Frail in my hands, soul twisted out, crawling to the end...

Great choice of lyrics for each episode Tonttu
                  LC
                  sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

If any 'Cakes that wander through are interested,

Chapter 20 of "...The Best is Yet to Be" has been posted.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4323950/...t_is_Yet_to_Be

Hope it's enjoyed.

LC
                    sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

I think I'm in agreement with you, I would rather see it on screen, wouldn't have to be much but something that I would be able to visualise. Although the wedding ring solution would work if we couldn't have that. However I do believe that Mckeller becoming canon has paved the way for them to go down that path, whether they will or not well that's a different story

Interesting installment to the story LC, left a review. Wow I've only just noticed I hadn't added you to my favourites. I've remedied that now

Am still waiting for the videos to download, could be a while!

Comment

If any 'Cakes that wander through are interested,

Chapter 20 of "...The Best is Yet to Be" has been posted.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4323950/...t_is_Yet_to_Be

Hope it's enjoyed.

LC
                        Oh, cool! I'm off to read!
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by TishTash View Post
                          Interesting installment to the story LC, left a review. Wow I've only just noticed I hadn't added you to my favourites. I've remedied that now
                          Thanks for the review tash, glad you came to understand his reactions.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Oh, cool! I'm off to read!
                          So'd you like it Misi? Reaction to Daniel's behaviour?

And for anyone that reads thru 'alldaniel', here's the link.
                          http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstor...e=0&chapter=19
                          LC
                          sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Thanks for the review tash, glad you came to understand his reactions.

So'd you like it Misi? Reaction to Daniel's behaviour?

And for anyone that reads thru 'alldaniel', here's the link.
                            http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstor...e=0&chapter=19
                            LC
                            Of course I loved the chapter! Everything you write is gold! Remembering that scene from Unending, I almost saw Daniel's reaction coming. I wasn't surprised. Loved how you did it. I agree with you that Daniel has his b****** moments. They usually come out when he feels too much.
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

hey cakes!
                              finally i am back again!
                              have been sick all week lying in bed, was soo not funny. i was nauseaus, dizzy, had fever and couldnt do anything other then sleep

today i'm finally better and can use my laptop still have a cough and sneezing, but thats just the rest that will go away too.

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                                Hey Fruitcakes! Just dropping off something that might interest you.

Every vote counts!
                                have signed it!

Oh was that my first post in this thread? LOL. I didn't mean for my first post here to be a rant, LOL. I've visited this thread before, because Daniel and Vala are my favorite Stargate couple ever. I thought I'd said hello and all that! Sowwies. *cue shame face*

You guys are right, Unending was stating D/V as an inevitability! Sigh.

Fave D/V moments, everyone?

Hmmm... I will have to think hard about what mine is. LOL.
                                welcome Iawen!!

fav dv moments mhhh....they are in no particular order

1. morpheus, first when daniel talks to landry about letting vala go with them and then vala and daniel walk through the floor and talk, when vala says she needs to work on daniels pc and daniel says she needs his password and vala yells running off "already got it thanks!". i love that!

2. the few moments in flesh and blood they had, i love them
                                especially you know "leave me, grab her" - "yeah, like thats gonna happen".

3. not to forget their "not a date"-date i'm so in love with that episode
                                apart from the warehouse-scene i especially like the end-scene, where vala gets the sg1 batch and vala says "we still have to complete our date daniel" and daniel all in denial, "it wasnt a date" and everyone "yes yes, we 'believe' you" *giggles*

4. ohh and quest 1 & 2 are 2 of my alltime favourite episodes, i love them so much
                                i remember when quest 1 was first shown, and we had to wait half a year for quest 2, and all we had was this picture of vala holding unconcious daniel.

5. daniels rant in unending will also always have a place in my heart

okay girls you're right, i definitely need more points

Comment

Working...
                                X