No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Susan the ranks have changed, how strange!! Well its 4 hrs until Christmas here.......and I have a cold, in summer!! I am outraged!

Re: The ties that Bind I love Wallace Shaw!! How funny is he is this ep?

Banner by Stef
    Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
      Yeah Susan the ranks have changed, how strange!! Well its 4 hrs until Christmas here.......and I have a cold, in summer!! I am outraged!

Merry Christmas Early.... Drink lots of fluids honey. Hot tea with honey.

I do agree that Arlos is so funny.

sigpic
      Sig by Toomi

Comment

I love delving into Vala's past in this episode and she's not ashamed of who she is.

One of the best scenes (and funniest too)

VALA: How dare you assume I acquired by less than honest means
        DANIEL: You told me you stole them.
        VALA: Did I?

Banner by Stef
        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

I love delving into Vala's past in this episode and she's not ashamed of who she is.

One of the best scenes (and funniest too)

VALA: How dare you assume I acquired by less than honest means
          DANIEL: You told me you stole them.
          VALA: Did I?
          That is one reason I love Season 9 Vala. She isn't ashamed, is she? I love that and she seems to be so resourceful in this season. It was fun to see how the people in the past saw her too. They seemed not to trust her. hehe. One thing that Daniel did get to learn during this trip through Vala's world is that she really was alone in the world.

Edit: Oh no, It is 4:30 AM here and I'm not tired. I do hate not sleeping but am glad I ran into you tonight Cat.

Video I'm listeing to. Yes, you guys know it is one of my obsession videos that I listen to over and over.
          The Man Who Would Be King
          an older one.
          Beautiful
          one from Ronja.
          When You Kiss Me.
          A fem power video.
          She's Just Not a Pretty Face

Edit: No more videos, You are right Cat and bed it is. I'm going to take something to help me sleep and I'll see you guys tomorrow. Goodnight.... I mean Goodmorning to ya all.
          Last edited by SundaySusans; 24 December 2008, 12:59 AM.
          sigpic
          Sig by Toomi

Comment

You better be off to bed Susan!! Good night

Banner by Stef
            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
              I have no clue what most of that meant I know how to use FCE but not so much the theory behind video editing or its software I put in bold the stuff I couldn't make heads or tails of if you wouldn't mind explaining it? Thanks for the last comments!
              Letterboxing is a way of making widescreen (16:9, 2.25:1, etc) video to look right on fullscreen (4:3) monitor
              It's done by adding black borders to video and setting DAR (Display Aspect Ratio) flag in the video stream
              That way on widescreen monitor the player crops the borders (and scales the video) but on fullscreen monitor the player shows the the full frame with borders (and scales the video)
              But since there doesn't seem to be DAR flag set and any decent software player adds borders on playback with 4:3 monitors you have unnecessary 64 pixels on top and bottom
              which in this video means 2*64*720=92160 unnecessary pixels taking away bits from the actual video, granted that borders don't take much bits but every bit counts

Interlacing

Interlacing is noticed from the horizontal lines all over the video or combing on edges
              Interlacing is a method of reducing the needed bandwidth on video broadcasts by breaking single frame to 2 fields
              One field contains only half of the needed horizontal lines on video.
              Lines of the first field are drawn to screen starting from the first row on top of the screen, since it has only half of the lines there's a one line gap between the lines
              The lines on second field are drawn to screen starting from the second row on top thus filling the gaps.
              Because of this it produces visible lines on the video especially on fast moving scenes

In this case the video doesn't seem to be purely interlaced but it's telecined
              The same image with IVTC (inverse telecine), cropped and resized

Deinterlacing is a process to restore/convert video to progressive
              IVTC recovers the original frame rate by decimating (removing duplicated frames)
              In progressive all lines of the frame are drawn to screen in one scan and therefore doesn't have visible lines on the video
              The above image is processed with this script
              DirectShowSource("YFM_-_FINAL.divx", audio=false)
              tfm(clip2=yadifmod(edeint=nnedi)).tdecimate()
              Crop(0, 64, -0, -64)
              Spline36Resize(640, height)
              Last edited by Tonttu; 24 December 2008, 04:13 AM.
              sigpic
              Inside soft clouds we have drowned so deep in slumber our feet have lost the ground...

Comment

awesome vid recs Susan

MERRY CHRISTMAS FRUITCAKES!!!

and today is not only christmas eve, but it's also my one year anniversary with gateworld. I just wanted to say that it's been such a wonderful year because of the new friends i've made. You guys are truly amazing, and I'm so happy that I have people that can share in on the same obsessions as me. When I first ventured into this thread one year ago, and officially became a fruitcake, you guys were so welcoming and accepting, and i truly appreciate that. People like Susan, Stef, Nat, and Gab brought me onto conversations and made me feel so welcome and wanted. It feels amazing to be part of something so special, and I'm honored to be called a 'fruitcake' with all of you! I just wanted to say thank you guys for such an amazing year!

~Nicole
                thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by SundaySusans View Post
                  oh,oh, Rac...... You are so right. We need a Banner. So you don't make them either? Neither does any of the RetroBabes.....hum?..... but be a rule that gals over 40 don't do banners. hehe.

So here is the Request to the Young-uns.... Please can someone make us a RetroBabes in the Oven Banners? Please????

Mag, LC, and Rac... What you want on our Banner? We could use the Old Vala and Daniel but then we would appear Elderly. That makeup on them was a bit creepy. right?
                  We need a young and hot vala and daniel, cause to be honest...isn't that how we still see ourselves?

GW has decided to go for Air Force ranks instead of Gou'ald levels.
                  I think wallace shawn is a riot in this ep. but then he usually is a riot- even on a serious show like crossing Jordan.
                  Ok off to do something useful!
                  Last edited by Rac80; 24 December 2008, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Wishing everyone a Merry and Devilishious Christmas eve!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                      http://img1.myimg.de/DanielVala2335da.jpg

New sig. 'cause I didn't do one for ages.
                      And because I so love that pic.

It's snurchable, if anyone wants to.
                      Lovely!

Wishing everyone a
                      Merry Christmas
                      and dropping off two new Christmas wallpapers

Comment

Have a Great Holiday everyone!!!

sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Comment

Hey random thought when did our status change? I'm a major now and hadn't noticed!!
                            They changed sometime yesterday morning.

And My dvd's got a bit of a skip! It's driving me crazy! How am I supposed to truly enjoy DeVilish if I can't hear it all!?
                            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Hey guys! Today seems like a great day Be ready for Gab-spam cuz I'm going back to catch up/reply to everything

BBS
                              ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

It's very belated and my apologies for not seeing the other posts earlier but...

Happy Belated Birthday, Mag!!!

And before I forget

Daily reminders

Don't forget to nominate: Stargate Fan Awards (Deadline: Dec 31)

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                                Now that last one I identify with,lol...being a foodie and a lover of homemade fruitcake...lol...just hearing the word makes me smile.
                                LC
                                Christmas is *definitely* DeVilish's time no? J/S fans seem to have claimed the American Thanksgiving (or Shipsgiving). I think I can be happy with having little ol'Xmas (emphasis on the X please )

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                                My daughter is all of 26. (sheesh she isn't that old is she? *thinks* yep she is) and adores sg1 in general. We are both huge sam/jack & daniel/vala shippers. So when I saw the fancy-schmancy set at a fab price (I am notoriously stingy), I couldn't resist! hubby then (sarcastically) inquired as to what I would do with my original purchases and snookie pipped up... "she's giving it to me!" I smiled sweetly at my better half (who can rarely deny our daughter anything!) and said, "see cheap gift!" What can I say, methinks there may be a bit of vala in me!

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                                That's my experience too, especially about the reading more online now. It's nice, though, to take a break from fanfic reading and follow someone's recommendation for a "real" book. I find myself going "There's a whole series and I don't have to wait for updates? *smacks head* Oh, duh, that's how things used to be all the time " (OT rambling...why are there two tonguey smileys?)
                                I find myself having a harder time getting into some novels now because I was so used to having an established character base in my head for fics
                                ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Working...
                                X