Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
    Gazooks!!! The only word that seems appropriate. Another one that's been sniffing the cork of goodness knows what brew.

I realise you can't be a snowflake all year. SUE you simply can't have the same Vala head as me, it's too confusing.

Mag

Oh, I've updated Coming in Hot on fanfic net, DV, infinitespace junky, just in case anyone else is having a lazy day like me. This boards is slow.
    But I love Leather Vala.....

Fixed now. I did the flowing hair one. It must have been windy that day.
    sigpic
    Sig by Toomi

Comment

Originally posted by SundaySusans View Post
      But I love Leather Vala.....

Fixed now. I did the flowing hair one. It must have been windy that day.
      Like the flowing locks. That's a good look for you.

Mag

Comment

Like the flowing locks. That's a good look for you.

Mag
        I do look Pretty. But the wind is a bit much.

Video Break:

Looking for Videos not on Youtube. Here is one with a Linkin Park song.

In the End

Back in a bit.

Oh, I changed the look of my page. You Fruitcakes should go play with your pages and make them PRETTY. Go to My Control and then on Left hit Customize Profile. Woohoo. Pretties.
        Last edited by SundaySusans; 27 December 2008, 08:59 AM.
        sigpic
        Sig by Toomi

Comment

oh, oh

A New one on YT.

I really like this song by Lifehouse .

Broken
          sigpic
          Sig by Toomi

Comment

Gazooks!!! The only word that seems appropriate. Another one that's been sniffing the cork of goodness knows what brew.

I realise you can't be a snowflake all year. SUE you simply can't have the same Vala head as me, it's too confusing.

Mag

Oh, I've updated Coming in Hot on fanfic net, DV, infinitespace junky, just in case anyone else is having a lazy day like me. This boards is slow.
            Oh cool! I'm off and reading it here soon!
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              Oh cool! I'm off and reading it here soon!

Misi,, have you read this chapter yet? I loved it. Mag, this story is so much fun. But I did have to go find it again. Sweetie, we are going to have to teach you how to post the link. Here is the next Chapter for everyone.

Coming In Hot - Chapter 7
              sigpic
              Sig by Toomi

Comment

Misi,, have you read this chapter yet? I loved it. Mag, this story is so much fun. But I did have to go find it again. Sweetie, we are going to have to teach you how to post the link. Here is the next Chapter for everyone.

Coming In Hot - Chapter 7
                Thanks, yes, I will have to learn to do that. I like the Linkin Park song. That's a good vid.

Mag

Comment

Sue, thanks a bunch.

I've got to get a romantic video for us to watch now.

The is a sad romantic one of need and desire. A Very good Video.. worth the Download.
                  (Not that kind of sad Mag. You will like this one. )
                  Breathe Me
                  I was just making a video for that song
                  I thought no one had made a vid for it yet, looks like I was wrong
                  That song is just awesome, heard it for the first time in "Prince of Persia" trailer and just had to find the song afterwards

Anyone willing to beta a video?
                  sigpic
                  Inside soft clouds we have drowned so deep in slumber our feet have lost the ground...

Comment

So droppin' in before I head off to bed to say thanks for the words of appreciation to all that read the bit of 'Best' that I posted...glad you enjoyed it.
                    And to point at my cool new sig...thanks to Sue I FINALLY got my winner banner from the 2008 Bluemoon awards in my sig properly
                    PLUS
                    please notice that my sig also sports the nomination button of the 2009 Bluemoon Awards
                    I was totally shocked when the nomination announcement appeared in my email the other day...I thought only completed works were eligible...but apparently not as "...the Best is Yet to Be" has been nominated in the "Best 'Ship Series" category and it's no where near completion.
                    But I'm thrilled and touched anyway that someone(I really would like to know who) made the effort to make the nomination.
                    Thanks much, if the person who did that resides here.
                    LC
                    sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                    http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Hey guys! Just wondering if you'd like me to post the start of Day 7: BH of the Rewatch or if I should leave it at TPTB for another day? Just asking because I didn't see much discussion about it and I know a lot of people consider it to be one of the most significant eps not only for Daniel/Vala but especially as character development for Vala and her backstory.

Let me know.

EDIT: Congratulations on the win and nomination, LC!!
                      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                        The Ties That Bind is one of my all time favorite Stargate episodes in general, not just for the lovely D/V moments.

(snipped for length)

3. What was your favourite quote?
                        "No, we shalln't." I-know-27-languages-Daniel, and that's what he comes up with on the fly? I could hear that over and over again...has me on the floor every time.
                        That always struck me as funny too!

Huh. 27 languages? Back in the s2 ep '1969' he said to Jack "I speak 23 languages, pick one." Either he learned four new languages in approx seven years, or there's a mix-up somewhere.

Or the "I speak 23 languages" doesn't count the dead ones like Latin and Ancient.

A Daniel and Vala Poem.

Christmas Night.

Her eyes hold my heart.
                        They whisk around to every light.
                        Missing nothing and not a word.
                        Memorizing every part of the night.

Her lips hold my passion.
                        Asking questions with gentle touch.
                        I answer, holding tightly.
                        I love you so very much.

Her breath holds my soul.
                        She trust me with her life.
                        The quickened rhythm of closeness.
                        My love, my world, my wife.

Susan
                        http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Unending2.jpg
                        Beautiful, Susan!

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                        Okay...just a couple of notes...this is small snippet from a future chapter(note the date...currently what I'm posting takes place in 2009). I may also post another snippet from the very end of the same chapter but that'll have to wait until the end of the weekend because I'll have to create it from scratch since it doesn't exist yet,lol.
                        So, enjoy.
                        LC
                        Spoiler:

Christmas Day, 2010

He caught sight of her when he emerged from the bathroom. She was examining her reflection in the dresser mirror. He padded across the room to stand behind her. He laid his hand on hers’ as she was smoothing it over her stomach.
                        “You know you keep doing that you’re gonna rub a layer of skin off.”
                        She shot a glance at his image in the mirror. The affectionate twinkle in his blue eyes made her smile. She tilted her head to one side and studied their shared reflection.
                        “Not really showing yet am I?”
                        “No, sorry, not really,” he paused, sliding his hand up to cup the soft, weight of her breast, “I can tell though.”
                        She leaned her head back against his shoulder and closed her eyes. Even the delicacy of his touch was bearable for only a few moments though.
                        ”Too sensitive,” she murmured, moving his hand back to where it had laid on her own moments before.
                        He kissed her shoulder. “Sorry.”
                        She smiled without opening her eyes. “S’alright. If I remember right in another month or so your touch will have an entirely different affect.”
                        She felt him smirk against her skin as he planted soft kisses along the curve of her neck from behind her ear to her shoulder.
                        “So you’re saying you’re going to be insatiable again?”
                        She giggled. “Pretty much.”
                        “Looking forward to it,” he murmured, nuzzling against her neck.
                        They were quiet then for several minutes, savouring the contented joy of the moment. Everything in their history they had overcome had brought them to this moment of being on the verge of having what they had both been missing for most of their lives; a safe, secure home of love and acceptance.
                        The doorbell rang.
                        Vala made a soft sound of disappointment. “That’ll be Cameron. He offered to tutor me in the fine art of cooking a turkey according to Wendy Mitchell.”
                        Daniel chuckled, the vibration sinking into her to warm her soul.
                        “A turkey tutor huh?”
                        “Yes, something like that,” she laughed, turning to him and sliding a caressing hand over his bare chest.
                        “Could you let him in? I don’t think it’d be proper for me to greet him just wearing this.”
                        Daniel’s eyes traveled over her. The forest green satin robe that barely reached the tops of her legs usually got an immediate reaction from him. Today was no exception since besides being completely naked under it, she was also 3 months pregnant.
                        He dropped his gaze to his semi-hard state. “Not sure I’m presentable either.”
                        “Pfft,” she said with a dismissive wave of fingers. “You pull on track pants and you’ll be fine by the time you get downstairs and even if you aren’t it’s not going to bother Cameron.”
                        He raised an eyebrow. “No, but it’ll bother me.”
                        The doorbell rang again.
                        Vala looked up at him with wide eyes and a slight pout.
                        “Please Daniel, we wouldn’t want to make him wait in the December cold for me to get completely dressed would we?”
                        He shook his head at her with an indulgent smile. “When exactly was it you wound me around your finger?”
                        Her mouth curved into a seductive, knowing smirk.
                        “Umm…Prometheus?” she purred, drawing a teasing fingertip along his bottom lip.
                        He snorted a wry laugh. “Yeah, sadly, that sounds about right. Fine,” he sighed, bending to pick up his track pants from where he had dropped them beside the bed the night before, “but only because I wouldn’t make anyone wait in the December cold for anything.
                        Lovely! That's really sweet!

Dropping off a new wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

Coming on Hot, Chapter Eight is now up. I know but the alternative was cupboards. I still don't know how to post the link. Fanfic net, DV romance, M section. Enjoy! Well it made me chuckle.

If anyone wants an alternative way of dealing with Daniel after he's been mortally insulting (Unending anyone) see if you like this any better.

Mag

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post

Huh. 27 languages? Back in the s2 ep '1969' he said to Jack "I speak 23 languages, pick one." Either he learned four new languages in approx seven years, or there's a mix-up somewhere.

Or the "I speak 23 languages" doesn't count the dead ones like Latin and Ancient.
                            That was my assumption only; I have no idea the true canon. I assumed he wouldn't count the languages he couldn't actually speak. He didn't know Ancient beyond a few words then, and certainly Latin and Ancient Greek must have been in his vocabulary, plus now he must know Goa'uld really well (couldn't use that on Earth...). Actually, he's probably learned a few more off-world languages also, so it may be more like 30 languages he knows.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

That was my assumption only; I have no idea the true canon. I assumed he wouldn't count the languages he couldn't actually speak. He didn't know Ancient beyond a few words then, and certainly Latin and Ancient Greek must have been in his vocabulary, plus now he must know Goa'uld really well (couldn't use that on Earth...). Actually, he's probably learned a few more off-world languages also, so it may be more like 30 languages he knows.
                              Sorry Hoppity, Merry, I think you'll find it's thirty one.

Mag

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post

Beautiful, Susan!

Lovely! That's really sweet!

Dropping off a new wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:
                                http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6758/sodapopdvsigzk1.jpg
                                Thanks, oh, oh.,...... I know it is past Christmas but can you use my poem in a Christmas set? That would be so lovely sweetie.

Coming on Hot, Chapter Eight is now up. I know but the alternative was cupboards. I still don't know how to post the link. Fanfic net, DV romance, M section. Enjoy! Well it made me chuckle.

If anyone wants an alternative way of dealing with Daniel after he's been mortally insulting (Unending anyone) see if you like this any better.

Mag
                                Read it. Loved the little treat for LC and Me. Woohoo,,,, it was perfect.

Linky here.

Coming in Hot - Chapter 8

Sorry Hoppity, Merry, I think you'll find it's thirty one.

Mag

LOL..... Yeap 31. hehe
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Toomi

Comment

Working...
                                X