Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SundaySusans View Post
    OH NO!!!!!

I guess I'll save that $15. You guys know I am here as a Claudia Black fan.

OH NO!!!!!

Hopefully this time will give her an oppurtunity to find so great project for the future. I do love her audio book career. But I will so miss Vala. *tear*

I need a hug.

Off to Supper with the family. Back in time for Sanctuary tonight.

Edit: While I'm waiting for everyone to get ready to go...... I have a wonderful idea as a result of the news........ The Vala story is over so Fanfiction is open to make wonderful stories.....

Anthing is open to write into Vala's future.

Woohoo, they movies never do much on Character Development but in Fanfiction we can do IT ALL......... We are Free!!!!

*Group hug again* I'll still miss Pics of Vala.
    Well thats a positive, I shall be relying on everyone to write lots of fanfic, as I'm pants at writing

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
    Wow, you're fast—I just saw it a couple minutes before coming here.

I am absolutely spitting nails! Earlier in the message, he picked the one slightly-less-than-polite question that mentioned disappointment with how Vala was written, and then just blew it off and made a dry remark about the questioner's character. And then to just make that comment like Vala was just a minor character like Major Davis who wouldn't be showing up. I've never felt this much anger about one of TPTB!

I didn't have a big reaction about Continuum, but I should have trusted the Fruitcakes who've been here longer... Gah! I have angry tears threatening to come, for Claudia's sake, for Vala's sake, for MS and Daniel and DeVillish all at once. It makes me want to send a bunch of letters to Claudia Black full of honest praise and appreciation for the amazing job she's done with this character, and then boycott this movie. Except I know that Chris and Amanda and Michael and (hopefully, if BW doesn't write him out too) Ben will be great in it, and I want to support them too...they should be a whole team, though.

ETA: *hugs Susan* *hugs The Oven*
    I must have stumbled upon it just as it was put up, I went to check out yesterdays entry.
    I'm annoyed as I really don't think Brad Wright thinks she a part of the team, but is just a side character who can quite easily be rid of. I never expected her to have a large part in the film, but I at least expected her to be in it. I shall miss the chemistry Claudia and Michael brought to the screen

*hugs the oven*

Comment

Merry, Mag, and Tash...... *wipes nose* this is so sad but we will have those fics. Tash, I know Merry and Mag are both great D/V writers and we have bunches more around the Oven. Woohoo.

We need a little Vala love Video.. Let me think of a great Adoration one.... Tonttu's.... let me find it.

Tonttu.... I love this one so much.

Miss Impossible
      sigpic
      Sig by Toomi

Comment

*runs in*

Stef!!

*runs back out*
        sigpic
        Sig made by me

Comment

No vala!?!?!?!? hopefully they give a good reason why she isn't there... taking college classes, doing something for the SGC off world, laid up with a broken leg, something! I don't want her to leave the SGC!!!
          I must admit that this on top of the McIcky (mckay/keller) relationship has soured me on the stargate franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
            No vala!?!?!?!? hopefully they give a good reason why she isn't there... taking college classes, doing something for the SGC off world, laid up with a broken leg, something! I don't want her to leave the SGC!!!
            I must admit that this on top of the McIcky (mckay/keller) relationship has soured me on the stargate franchise.
            Rac, honey. You are so right. I hope too that they give the reason she is not there. But I bet the word Vala will not be said at all.

I'm still thinking that will wil be able to make the shippy world so much better in our Fics. Yes, yes. If I say it enough I will not be disappointed. *wipes tear*

Finds another Vala video.

Defying Gravity.
            sigpic
            Sig by Toomi

Comment

Pic!!!!! I love the icons.... Can I use some on my LiveJournal? They have so many different moods. The text you used where great. Hm? I can only have a few..... which ones.... which ones..... I want them all.

There are some great videos out there. Hope you enjoy.

*waves to tash*

Where are you doing the re-watch? I have all ten seasons now and want to watch them with people. I'll have to catch up.
              Re: icons ~ of course you can!

Re: re-watch ~ there's a social group here (link in my sig). We are rather loose about it all, everyone is watching different things. We try a drinking game every now & then, but forget what we watched so end up re-watching our re-watch. I mostly post in the episode threads. Don't worry about catching up! Some folks just started & I just finished season 2. Plus, I'm slow.

Yes, lots of vids, I just watched "In My Place" Is that girl really related to Billy Ray Cyrus? (Oh gods, I feel old). *snort

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                Re: icons ~ of course you can!

Re: re-watch ~ there's a social group here (link in my sig). We are rather loose about it all, everyone is watching different things. We try a drinking game every now & then, but forget what we watched so end up re-watching our re-watch. I mostly post in the episode threads. Don't worry about catching up! Some folks just started & I just finished season 2. Plus, I'm slow.

Yes, lots of vids, I just watched "In My Place" Is that girl really related to Billy Ray Cyrus? (Oh gods, I feel old). *snort
                Oh Pic... thanks so much for the icons. I'll have to pick out the moods I want. Woohoo.

I'm going to add that site to my subscriptions. I'll come by later. I'm been in the sanctuary thread talking before the first of the last two episodes of the season starts in a few minutes.

So you feel old. hehe. You should be so comfortable around here. We have a RetroBabe Group here in the thread and Many that don't make the over 35 group still hang with us as a RetroBabies. We love the old groovy stuff. hehe. Yeap that is the daughter of Ray. hehe . I think there is another D/V video to one of her songs. Does anyone remember that one? Or maybe another teen star.... I can't remember.

Edit: I friended you at LJ. I thought you wouldn't know me there. I'm Ringgoldgate.
                Last edited by SundaySusans; 02 January 2009, 06:18 PM.
                sigpic
                Sig by Toomi

Comment

Originally posted by TishTash View Post

Has anyone seen Brad Wrights Q&A on Joe Mallozzis blog? I just read this;

Libkat writes: “Rumors persist that you aren’t a big fan of Vala as a character. Will Claudia Black continue to have a place in the SG1 movie universe? I adore the way Vala kept the snarky side of Daniel Jackson alive after RDA left the show and CB and MS have terrific chemistry.”

BW: I thought Claudia was terrific in Continuum, but Vala won’t be returning
                  in the third movie.

Its sad to think that she wont be in the next movie, I don't think it will be the same without her
                  <sigh>...why am I NOT surprised?
                  Now we could be optimistic and say...hey he said she wouldn't be in the THIRD movie...NOT that she'd NEVER be back?(yeah I know I'm reaching but I figure what the hell)

Now as to why she's not there...well we don't need TPTB to give us any explanation because if you go here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4323950/...t_is_Yet_to_Be

you'll see that in 2010(when the next movie is likely to be released) she may have health issues that keep her from active duty with the team

LC
                  (who is not normally optimistic by nature but the careless elimination of this character makes me sad)
                  sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                  http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                    Now we could be optimistic and say...hey he said she wouldn't be in the THIRD movie...NOT that she'd NEVER be back?(yeah I know I'm reaching but I figure what the hell)

Now as to why she's not there...well we don't need TPTB to give us any explanation because if you go here:

you'll see that in 2010(when the next movie is likely to be released) she may have health issues that keep her from active duty with the team

LC
                    (who is not normally optimistic by nature but the careless elimination of this character makes me sad)
                    LC, that is right...... She does have a reason to take some time off work. That makes me very happy. Thanks sweetie. Will read when Sanctuary is over.
                    Last edited by SundaySusans; 02 January 2009, 06:43 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Toomi

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post

LC
                      Off to read here soon! I'm hoping the same. (I think we're thinking the same things anyways) I'm with Rach. TPTB have totally made me mad. Grrr.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

LC, that is right...... She does have a reason to take some time off work. That makes me very happy. Thanks sweetie.
                        You're welcome Sue.
                        I'd also like to point out that JM doesn't specify WHY she's not in it....I believe that I read somewhere that(at GW news or maybe MSOL) that contracts for the third movie were just being negotiated...could be SHE'S chosen to not be involved for her own reasons. I'd also like to say that while it's unlikely he won't be, it hasn't been announced yet that MS is involved either...remember after Continuum BW implied that who appears in future movies would depend on who's available.
                        I love this franchise enough to wait and see...if they start trying to pair Daniel up with someone else, then I'll think twice but until then I'll keep watching.
                        LC
                        sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
                        http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Pic, found another of the Videos to a Miley Cyrus song.
                          I do feel rather...... not old...... RETRO. hehe

See you Again

oh my, another one.

I like this song. So nice.

Goodbye
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Toomi

Comment

Originally posted by TishTash View Post
                            *waves* Hey Susan

Happy new year everyone!

Love the icons Pic

I'm still failing at joining in this rewatch, I'm gonna have to try at some point

Has anyone seen Brad Wrights Q&A on Joe Mallozzis blog? I just read this;

Libkat writes: “Rumors persist that you aren’t a big fan of Vala as a character. Will Claudia Black continue to have a place in the SG1 movie universe? I adore the way Vala kept the snarky side of Daniel Jackson alive after RDA left the show and CB and MS have terrific chemistry.”

BW: I thought Claudia was terrific in Continuum, but Vala won’t be returning
                            in the third movie.

Its sad to think that she wont be in the next movie, I don't think it will be the same without her
                            I too was very upset to read that Vala won't be in the third SG1 movie. That just bursts my bubble. I was kinda hoping that Daniel and Vala would become closer, and their relationship would be to another level. I guess it's back to reading fanfiction. Man. No Vala. What's Daniel gonna do? Just won't be the same.
                            sigpic
                            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                              Ditto. Another ship down the drain. First.....Sheppard/Weir ........then Ronon/Keller ......and now Daniel/Vala .

And.....on top of it....it's sounds like they might confirm the one ship that I not at all into other than the McIcky (S/J).
                              sigpic
                              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

I'm feeling a little calmer now...not better, just calmer.

The one thing that can possibly mend this—we'll have to have a D/V ficathon when the movie comes out, to "fix" whatever it tries to break. (Assuming it does...but I don't think that's such an off assumption at this point.) So we can at least get some good fics out of it.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X