Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*pops head in*

Bonjour mes amis! for the record I am alive and in France. Internet access has been crap, hopefully that will be dealt with soon enough.

just wanted to poke my head in and look around quickly but as per usual I am out of the loop lol

*hugs* ciao mes fruitcakes!

*pops out*
    My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
      Wow, this is probably the first time I've disagreed with you on all your points, LC. Not that you're wrong, of course, I just had totally different opinions. I heard Daniel using his "I need to explain things I've been thinking about" tone, nothing more or less than that, and don't see those emotions that you mention anywhere else in the episode either. I also thought the tone of the episode was very neatly done, better than some other of their episodes, with funny/silly bits highlighting the serious-but-not-too-serious undertones.

(You know, I can't help but feel sorry for TPTB, when us fans can have totally different reactions to the same episode even if we want similar things from it. )
      And wow from me too...you mean it's possible that Daniel really wasn't talking like that....geez I'm gonna have to rewatch...
      I do agree tho, that tone wasn't in his voice for the rest of the episode...I think that's what made that scene so distasteful because it was in direct contrast to how he was talking to her for the rest of the episode....yup definitely gonna have to rewatch(what a hardship)
      LOL...gotta laugh about TPTB...and our reactions can change too...
      After rewatching Continuum I've changed my mind about Daniel's comments to Teal'c at the end.
      He's says quite nicely to Vala: "I thought you might"...
      Then as he's walking away he makes what a lot of people have heard to be a sarcastic remark pertaining to Vala trying to help the host...and I have to admit I heard it like that the first time thru too.
      but after rewatching I've reached the conclusion that remark was meant exactly the way it was said, but was referring to the host...
      yes he(the host) is in for a enjoyable afternoon coming to terms with all the horrific things he did in Ba'al's control
      and having nothing to do with Vala's staying with him.
      And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
      LC
      sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
      http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by natalia View Post
        *pops head in*

Bonjour mes amis! for the record I am alive and in France. Internet access has been crap, hopefully that will be dealt with soon enough.

just wanted to poke my head in and look around quickly but as per usual I am out of the loop lol

*pops out*
        NATERLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        So GOOD! to see ya. Was wondering how things were...figured we weren't hearing from you because you were finding lots of people to hang out with.
        Hope you get your internet issues sorted soon.
        LC
        sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
          NATERLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          So GOOD! to see ya. Was wondering how things were...figured we weren't hearing from you because you were finding lots of people to hang out with.
          Hope you get your internet issues sorted soon.
          LC
          haha yes
          Spoiler:
          i have found some people to hang out with however we are all silently crouched over our laptops at the student building on campus right now trying to catch up on emails lol. Internet is far more essential to my life than i ever imagined it to be. started classes today, they put me in the highest level after my placement test but my school at home wants me to move down a level to get the proper transfer credits. curse my capacity for french. it will be sad to leave the cute boy that is currently in my class lol

annnnnd on topic...I....have got nothing other than some pretties
          Spoiler:

Comment

haha yes
            Spoiler:
            i have found some people to hang out with however we are all silently crouched over our laptops at the student building on campus right now trying to catch up on emails lol. Internet is far more essential to my life than i ever imagined it to be. started classes today, they put me in the highest level after my placement test but my school at home wants me to move down a level to get the proper transfer credits. curse my capacity for french. it will be sad to leave the cute boy that is currently in my class lol

Spoiler:
            "...leave the cute boy that is currently in my class."
            ANOTHER cute boy?....really Nat, being a bit fickle aren't you?
            LC
            sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

"...leave the cute boy that is currently in my class."
              ANOTHER cute boy?....really Nat, being a bit fickle aren't you?
              LC
              there's lots of cute boys!

I prefer indecisive or pleasantly erratic . fickle has such a negative connotation I get to be fic-...indecisive when all I do is sit here and watch the cute french boys pass me by all sunday.

random DV

Comment

After rewatching Continuum I've changed my mind about Daniel's comments to Teal'c at the end.
                He's says quite nicely to Vala: "I thought you might"...
                Then as he's walking away he makes what a lot of people have heard to be a sarcastic remark pertaining to Vala trying to help the host...and I have to admit I heard it like that the first time thru too.
                but after rewatching I've reached the conclusion that remark was meant exactly the way it was said, but was referring to the host...
                yes he(the host) is in for a enjoyable afternoon coming to terms with all the horrific things he did in Ba'al's control
                and having nothing to do with Vala's staying with him.
                And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                LC
                That's my story too. Yay! I actually really like his tone/face when he says to her "I thought you might"—it's so Daniel. It's definitely the line afterwards that gets people ticked, but I chose to take it in a slightly teasing/mostly innocuous sense. It could have a little to do with Vala, since I think Daniel agrees that she makes everything interesting, and not in a bad sense obviously. I'm curious about what happens to Ba'al's host in any case—I'd love to be privy to that "interesting afternoon".

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

haha yes
                  Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Hey, Nat hasn't been kidnapped by the pate people. Well, I knew that really but always manage to miss you when you're on the thread or emailing. Even now you're this side of the water. Well, nearly, that little bit of Channel still there ..... there'll be blue birds over the white cliffs of Dover ...... London, calling ..... Shutup shutup, not that old. Glad you're doing well, sweetie and thanks for the pretties. And so clever being in the top class. Not that we had any doubts .....

Mag

Comment

*pops head in*

*pops out*
                    NAT!!!!!!! *hugs*

i'm happy to hear that you're doing well, and hopefully you'll sort out the internet issues soon!!!!

ooooo, me likey the pretties!!!!!!!!!!
                    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

That's my story too. Yay! I actually really like his tone/face when he says to her "I thought you might"—it's so Daniel. It's definitely the line afterwards that gets people ticked, but I chose to take it in a slightly teasing/mostly innocuous sense. It could have a little to do with Vala, since I think Daniel agrees that she makes everything interesting, and not in a bad sense obviously. I'm curious about what happens to Ba'al's host in any case—I'd love to be privy to that "interesting afternoon".
                      daniel must agree that things are more interesting with vala around (if not, then he must rewatch stargate sg1 seasons 9 and 10 ). but it's scenes like those that really make me wish that we had a tv show instead of movies...you could really expand on a lot more things.

and...some pretties:

Spoiler:

credit to Stef for the sig
                      Spoiler:
                      credit to Stef and dvshiper for the DeVillish logo
                      team mckay! <3

Comment

Originally posted by SundaySusans
                        Sue, wait, I am Sue. OK Maggie, I mean Mag. Everyone can call me Susan and Sue J. will be Sue.

That settled. Sue, I do love Fred Willard too. So funny in Raymond. :0

Goodnight Mag, I mean Maggie...... Sweet D/V Dreams to ya.

oh, oh Maggie, here is a cool girl video with Sam and Vala

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
                        http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...10x18_2027.jpg
                        LOL susan, are you trying to get me confused? its working

Originally posted by CaptainBoomer View Post
                        hehe, kisses under the fireworks are awesome, and then you add daniel and vala...and it's magic

(and sorry about the biology, it's prob my fault you haven't studied all day *blushes*)
                        awwww kisses & fireworks are perfect wheres that fic, i want to read it!!!

*pops head in*

*pops out*
                        naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat *tacklehugs*
                        great to see you here again

Comment

Okay, so I rewatched FT today(that was such a chore) and went thru that scene with my eyes closed...what an interesting experience...the tone I was hearing in his voice didn't seem to be half as sarcastic as it did the first time couple of times I saw the scene...hmm...being Canadian I saw it AFTER the US did so I wonder if I was being influenced by the reactions of other people.
                          Then I reran it and kept my eyes open...still wasn't getting the level of sarcasm I did the first times...was much happier with it this time thru...seemed more in keeping with his attitude for the rest of the show...which I really liked btw...'cept I still don't think it's fair that he'll readily accept Sam using lock picks but gets ticked if Vala does...yeah I know why he does...I still think it's unfair.
                          LC
                          sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Hallelujah!...Finally...
                            The current chapter of 'best has been added at 'alldaniel'.

http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstor...908&chapter=15

It's been sitting there waiting for the most of last week and then when the site got updated yesterday and mine wasn't there I thought I was gonna have to wait another week, but thankfully no.
                            So if you're reading it at 'alldaniel' it's available now.
                            Enjoy.
                            LC
                            (oh and there's a link in the author's notes so you can see the type of boat they were on)
                            sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Hallelujah!...Finally...
                              The current chapter of 'best has been added at 'alldaniel'.

http://www.alldanielfic.com/viewstor...908&chapter=15
                              is that a good fic? i'm trying to find some good d/v fics, to fix my craving any suggestions?

credit to Stef for the sig
                              Spoiler:
                              credit to Stef and dvshiper for the DeVillish logo
                              team mckay! <3

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBoomer View Post
                                is that a good fic? i'm trying to find some good d/v fics, to fix my craving any suggestions?
                                Umm...well you're asking the author...so naturally I'm gonna say...'yes, this fic is outstanding'...
                                but just click on the link and make your own decision.
                                hope you like it.
                                LC
                                sigpic

My Fiction:

Comment

Working...
                                X