Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

About the five love languages thing. Is that only referring to romantic relationships? or can it also be applied to familial or friendships? Haven't read the bood.
    Any relationship. You r love language or someone else's can be tapped into no matter how you know them.

Originally posted by SundaySusans
    I had a blast on my Sunday here in the Oven. So glad I got to talk to so many Fruitcakes today. I'll be back next Sunday to Party with you guys.

Goodnight Fruitcakes. Have a nice week.
    Bye Susan! Glad to see you back.
    sigpic
    by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

Originally posted by SundaySusans
      WooHoo!!!!

ChristianGateFan has another Vala Video.

"A Vala music video with the song "Sharada" by Skye Sweetnam. Vala at her best! And funniest. Enjoy. " ChristianGateFan

I just love her videos.

There Was a Girl

Mag and Maggie, here is one by her that you girls like.

What Hurts

Here is the one I really like that she made.
      Vala - Defying Gravity
      Hey you,
      DANCES IN CHAIR the vids are back. Oh hello, Susan, you too!

Big hugs sweetie

LC I'm amazed at your optimism, the hope for continuity is sadly misplaced. Yes, I made that point about creaky old Ba'al a while back but it is as it is and for the purpose of my fic, I think a scrumptious, bewildered Ba'al, looking to Vala for nurture suits my purpose. Vala sat by a wrinkly deathbed might be touching but would not be quite so much a thorn in Daniel's side.

Prods with stick. Speed write! I am waiting for the resolution to a cetain robe dropping scene. You may notice I'm writing in the T section, blinks demurely.

Mag

Comment

Okay, so after reading some of the recent discussions I was planning on making a Daniel/Qetesh manip wallpaper, but that didn't go so well so instead I bring you just a plain old Daniel/Vala wallpaper from AOT. Nothing particularly spoilery here (although I'm gonna assume most people have seen that one by now ):

Spoiler:
        -Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Not sure where we stand on the calender. Here's the list again...I remember people wanted "200" in October and AOT somewhere but I'm not sure where. If you have an idea feel free to copy/paste it into the list (just keep in mind we're trying to do chronology):

JANUARY: Prometheus Unbound Theme
          FEBRUARY: Avalon-Origin Theme
          MARCH:
          APRIL:
          MAY:
          JUNE:
          JULY:
          AUGUST:
          SEPTEMBER:
          OCTOBER: 200 Theme
          NOVEMBER: Dominion (or AoT) Theme
          DECEMBER: Unending (X-Mas) Theme

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
            My point was, the Goa'uld rely on the sarcophagus, so they wouldn't think about life without it. The Tok'ra, on the other hand, have chosen not to use it, so I assume they know how it all works. I've presumed that the sarcophagus heals your body, but if used on a regular basis the energy affects your body's natural ability to heal, so that if you stop using it you quickly die (as your body is always doing repairs under normal circumstances). Perhaps the Tok'ra have a drug or device that encourages your body to heal itself, thus keeping you from dying instantly.

But if the Tok'ra didn't care, why bother removing the symbiote? Why not just kill host and symbiote, and never bother with the careful removal process.
            I thought that the problem with the sarcophagus was that you became addicted to it if used too often. And I've always assumed that if you remove the Goa'uld from the host the host would continue to survive. At least that's the impression I got, and I can't remember why Apophis died that time.

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            Not sure where we stand on the calender. Here's the list again...I remember people wanted "200" in October and AOT somewhere but I'm not sure where. If you have an idea feel free to copy/paste it into the list (just keep in mind we're trying to do chronology):

JANUARY: Prometheus Unbound Theme
            FEBRUARY: Avalon-Origin Theme
            MARCH:
            APRIL:
            MAY:
            JUNE:
            JULY:
            AUGUST:
            SEPTEMBER:
            OCTOBER: 200 Theme
            NOVEMBER: Dominion (or AoT) Theme
            DECEMBER: Unending (X-Mas) Theme

-Stef
            I still vote using AoT as a cover-type pic.

Thanks for appreciating my work. Here's the next set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

Ooh yeah, AOT as a cover might work

And wow you work fast! You're popping out so many wps I don't know what to do with them all This one totally fits with my Christmas-In-September mood right now! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
                I thought that the problem with the sarcophagus was that you became addicted to it if used too often. And I've always assumed that if you remove the Goa'uld from the host the host would continue to survive. At least that's the impression I got, and I can't remember why Apophis died that time.
                Well... hmmmm... yeah, that's a confusing one for me, too.

I always thought that once or twice in the sarc wasn't too bad, because in Need Daniel didn't start to get addicted until after using it a bunch of times.

Apophis' the snake actually died inside the host, didn't he? As the snake was dying the host started looking worse and worse, but I was assuming that that was because the snake could no longer heal the injuries from the torture, etc., and the whole package was deteriorating, but.... I'm not sure that really holds water, either.

Honestly, I think that since they indicated that Ba'al's host had been his host for "thousands of years" then he should have shriveled up and died the same way Apophis' host did unless the Tok'ra somehow intervened... in which case they should have left some kind of CLUE for us.

Vala was only host to Qetesh for a very short period of time, I assume, since her father wasn't so very old, so there wouldn't have been any of the same issues.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  Okay, so after reading some of the recent discussions I was planning on making a Daniel/Qetesh manip wallpaper, but that didn't go so well so instead I bring you just a plain old Daniel/Vala wallpaper from AOT. Nothing particularly spoilery here (although I'm gonna assume most people have seen that one by now ):

Spoiler:
                  -Stef
                  OMG that's GORGEOUS!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tayradio View Post
                    Well... hmmmm... yeah, that's a confusing one for me, too.

I always thought that once or twice in the sarc wasn't too bad, because in Need Daniel didn't start to get addicted until after using it a bunch of times.

Apophis' the snake actually died inside the host, didn't he? As the snake was dying the host started looking worse and worse, but I was assuming that that was because the snake could no longer heal the injuries from the torture, etc., and the whole package was deteriorating, but.... I'm not sure that really holds water, either.
                    It's all a bit confusing, yeah. But as to the bolded part, that's why I have my theory about what the sarc energy does to the body—inhibits its natural ability to heal. But I checked the transcript for Serpent's Song, where Apophis died, and it doesn't look like they actually say why the host died. In Threads, though, they said that the symbiote's last conscious effort had to be to protect the host from damage if they died while still in the host, otherwise the poison would kill the host.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Awsome art work everyone

Havent been here in ages was on holiday in the big apple for a month

I was wondering though if anyone would be able to do a few Daniel/Vala wedding pics as in my rp on bebo we got married yesterday ....i know its alot to ask.....so if not then its ok

Comment

Hey 'cakes!

things have been crazy here in RL....54 hours until I leave Canada for France for 8 months! yikes! *looks at empty suitcases*...yeah...that's a problem.

just wanted to poke my head in to say 1) hi 2) I might be away for a bit longer since i'm not sure how long it will take to get my internet set up 3) due to this possible absence of indeterminable length I'm hoping to post the last chapter of TotL tonight ...hopefully. it's in editing so....it...should be done sometime tonight ...hopefully.

annnnnnnnnd just cause i haven't been around to do it much...have some pretty...unending style...
                        Spoiler:

EDIT: Welcome back Susan it'll be nice to have you poking your head in once in awhile darling I did miss you around here
                        EDIT2: I LOVE that wallpaper Stef. gorgeous.
                        My Fic: LJ & FF.net

Comment

Originally posted by kamiikiteiru View Post
                          Any relationship. You r love language or someone else's can be tapped into no matter how you know them.

Bye Susan! Glad to see you back.
                          I guess my question could have been better asked - Would a person have a different language for a husband/wife than for a child than for a friend etc.? Or would it be different shades of the same one?
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by natalia View Post
                            Hey 'cakes!

things have been crazy here in RL....54 hours until I leave Canada for France for 8 months! yikes! *looks at empty suitcases*...yeah...that's a problem.
                            Thank you for the BEAUTIFUL picspam! In case I don't 'see' you before you leave, have a wonderful, safe journey and let us know when you've arrived! I haven't been to France in... gah.... twenty years, at least!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                              It's all a bit confusing, yeah. But as to the bolded part, that's why I have my theory about what the sarc energy does to the body—inhibits its natural ability to heal. But I checked the transcript for Serpent's Song, where Apophis died, and it doesn't look like they actually say why the host died. In Threads, though, they said that the symbiote's last conscious effort had to be to protect the host from damage if they died while still in the host, otherwise the poison would kill the host.
                              Great catch on the Threads ep! Obviously Apophis wasn't exactly all that concerned with his host's well-being!

So, the sarc maybe works like.... the symbiotes do with the Jaffa, replacing the body's immune system? Or.... something like that?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
                                *bounces* How could I forget!?

Comment

Working...
                                X