Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gioia View Post
    Lol, isn't thunderbrids an old cartoon, british maybe? But I'm sorry but I'm afraid I don't know any Brains. I'm gonna check it out though.

You're right again regarding with Vala writings. Most of the times, all of us, fanfics writers tend to write more mature than she's already. She can be mature, yes, but this ability of her tend to show off very rarely, on occasion and with always Daniel. I always believe that she doesn't about what she must do when she is Daniel. She can be child, mature, serious, playfull, annoying, all of things. But with Tomin, for an example, she is always more mature, not that it's bad, it's actually good but I don't think it's whole Vala. The only person who sees whole Vala with every bad and good sides is Daniel.

A question, when are you gonna update 'looking for love'?this fic is going to a direction very interesting.
    Quite right, with Tomin she plays parent but I think, she never shows her true face to him, she's living a lie. Daniel often plays parent to Vala but she pushes him all over the place until sometimes, I don't think he recognises himself. As in PU with the hair pulling brawl and Unending with the major
    showdown.

Mag.

Comment

The chemistry was pretty obvious form the start, instant ship for me, I was pretty happy with just the UST but for me Momento Mori changed that, seeing Daniels reaction to Vala being missing sealed it for me.

That's the main reason Unending broke my heart they were happy together for 50 yrs then time resets itself I really cursed the powers that be after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
        Thanks LC, I find life has to be kick started every now and then. Look forward to your letter. I went onto All Daniel the other day to see if you'd updated but I get the sense you're doing another story elsewhere. Are you on that Live Journal site. I don't know the address. I'll rummage about the site and see who's on there. If anyone else is about who knows the Live Journal Fruitcakes address, can they post it.

Mag.
        Uh...no..I'm not working on anything else...my one remaining brain cell is only able to hand the work on my 'opus',lol.
        And I haven't updated because...well...chapter 5, 6 and 7 are pivotal and are taking a lot of thought and revising...chap 5 needs a bit more tweaking before I send it off to my betas for review.

I actually use this site as a jumping off point for a bunch of DV, SG sites:
        http://www.webslayer.net/wolfen/sg1-frames.html
        The bottom button is for links...and the one for the DV LiveJournal community is:
        'where's my daniel"
        You can read what's posted at the LJ community but to post your own work you have to create your own livejournal page.
        Hope that helped
        LC
        sigpic

http://www.moonsmusings.com/bluemoon/
        http://www.gatefic.com/

My Fiction:

Comment

A question, when are you gonna update 'looking for love'?this fic is going to a direction very interesting.
          The answer to that is I'm writing the next chapter as we speak. I tend to alternate at the moment between that and Chosen of Sherval. I'm trying to keep them very different, so if you do have time to review and you're reading both of them, I'd be glad for your comments in that respect.

Mag.

Comment

Quite right, with Tomin she plays parent but I think, she never shows her true face to him, she's living a lie. Daniel often plays parent to Vala but she pushes him all over the place until sometimes, I don't think he recognises himself. As in PU with the hair pulling brawl and Unending with the major
            showdown.

Mag.
            With Tomin, how much they were sincere, the whole was based on some kind of over galactic, stanford woman, you see, domestic ones, always looking over the windows in waiting for their men to come home etc. It isn't what Vala really is. And I'm not seeing their marriage as legal as some people think. It had because of the necessaties, and how many times Vala got a marriage? I mean, a lot. She said so in Bounty.

Yes, yes, Vala always very capable of pushing Daniel over his boundries, like Jack, maybe even better than him. That's one of the reason they would work. she managed to tear down his walls as much as Daniel was doing the same things.

At the end, when no one had actually believe that Vala would have been a good asset to team, I mean, everyone else thought him as if a little nut. General Landry declared that she couldn't be trusted within reasons but Daniel always managed to see the truth through her. They have very complicated relationship. I've always wanted to write a fanfic to cover the period between Flesh and Blood and Morpehues where Daniel ulmitalely decided to give her a chance. It could be interesting.
            sigpic
            Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by LC_ View Post
              Uh...no..I'm not working on anything else...my one remaining brain cell is only able to hand the work on my 'opus',lol.
              And I haven't updated because...well...chapter 5, 6 and 7 are pivotal and are taking a lot of thought and revising...chap 5 needs a bit more tweaking before I send it off to my betas for review.

I actually use this site as a jumping off point for a bunch of DV, SG sites:
              http://www.webslayer.net/wolfen/sg1-frames.html
              The bottom button is for links...and the one for the DV LiveJournal community is:
              'where's my daniel"
              You can read what's posted at the LJ community but to post your own work you have to create your own livejournal page.
              Hope that helped
              LC
              Thanks LC. I went onto All Daniel and ended up reading the Unending one again. Love that by the way. I can tell you spend a lot of time on your fics because of the detail. My stuff, I wrote for me and most of it is written or mapped out in my head and therefore it tends to appear fairly rapidly. The fact that I've had a chest infection and been off work for three weeks helps
              too. Started feeling better yesterday, so fingers crossed. Thanks for your sentiments in that regard. Well, I'll just have to be patient. Look forward to your update on All Daniel.

Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
                The chemistry was pretty obvious form the start, instant ship for me, I was pretty happy with just the UST but for me Momento Mori changed that, seeing Daniels reaction to Vala being missing sealed it for me.

That's the main reason Unending broke my heart they were happy together for 50 yrs then time resets itself I really cursed the powers that be after that.
                Oh, yeah, MM did really bring new bloods among the fold.

Damn reset button!! But it was soooo nice to see them together.
                sigpic
                Banner made by Stef

Comment

The answer to that is I'm writing the next chapter as we speak. I tend to alternate at the moment between that and Chosen of Sherval. I'm trying to keep them very different, so if you do have time to review and you're reading both of them, I'd be glad for your comments in that respect.

Mag.
                  I will, I will, promise.
                  Thanks LC. I went onto All Daniel and ended up reading the Unending one again. Love that by the way. I can tell you spend a lot of time on your fics because of the detail. My stuff, I wrote for me and most of it is written or mapped out in my head and therefore it tends to appear fairly rapidly. The fact that I've had a chest infection and been off work for three weeks helps
                  too. Started feeling better yesterday, so fingers crossed. Thanks for your sentiments in that regard. Well, I'll just have to be patient. Look forward to your update on All Daniel.

Mag.
                  Sorry to hear your health problems. Hope that you'll be fine soon.
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by Stef

Comment

Mag.[/QUOTE]

Okay, all, I'll crack and put something up for discussion. Do with it as you will. My last chapter of Chosen of Sherval, fanfic net., M section, I was conscious of taking Vala through a number of personas. I've talked to my regular reviewers about this and it's been nice that they've posted back and are interested in this aspect of Vala's characterization.

So, in one chapter, I had : (exuberant I-love-Daniel,) (child to Daniel's parent,) (seductress to Daniel's preacher.) ( goddess mode to a critical figure ,) (space/pirate savvy as well a protector of the weak.) It all, actually, felt quite fluid. And that made me think about her chameleon type nature. It may be bad characterization on part of the writers but CB tends to It's great that you don't have the same problem. It's obvious in your portrayal it comes much easier and is more fluid. I wish I could say the same for myself. make it a convincing whole. I try to too. But, it didn't feel like an effort to write or anti-cannon.

Mag.
                    Okay, Mag...I know you're trying to fic, but I'm going to distract you for a minute because this topic seems like a perfectly good distraction for the moment Hey! gioia did it first

Ah....chameleon Vala, who you seem fond of tackling, is such a difficulty for me. I tend to pick two, maybe three, colors of Vala and focus my efforts on making those personalities shine. I think it's the consistency I worry about or my own deep seated insecurity about representing her poorly. I imagine Vala's personality similar to that of the the whole color spectrum from red all the way to violet. Jumping from red to yellow or green...okay that, I can manage. But red to blue or violet? It can be a big jump to make. I don't have CB to fluidly adjust or persuade my readers for me. And as fic writers we don't always have the blessing of a week between episodes to make the transition easier. I only have my words and hope that they are sufficient enough that the reader is able to imagine the same transition.

Daniel's so different from her in that respect and far easier for me to work with because his personalities aren't so opposing or diverse. His personalities tend to hover in the middle of the spectrum and his shades tend to stick to a particular color. Kind of like when you go to a hardware store to buy paint. You want something yellow, but there's like a million different shades of yellow. That's how I see him. One color, a lot of different shades of that color. Room to breath. I don't feel like my characterization is off if I move between the shades of his character because they are much more similar.
                    Now I have no idea if I write him any better than Vala, but he comes easier to me. You'll see me writing in his POV far more than anyone else. Maybe I relate to him more *shrugs*

So I commend you for the ease and ability in which you share these pieces of Vala. Maybe your ability to write her so easily speaks for your character, as the ease at which I write Daniel speaks to mine. Or maybe with practice, I'll someday have the same successes as you

*looks around* Did I really just participate in a character discussion and sound somewhat intelligent? Wow. Take it and run, people. It will likely never happen again

And...I just realized that in my slow posting character discussion has already begun without me...sigh....

~My FanFiction~

Comment

Fluffy, I so liked your banner!!!
                      Awesome!!
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by fluffypigeon View Post
                        Mag.
                        Now I have no idea if I write him any better than Vala, but he comes easier to me. You'll see me writing in his POV far more than anyone else. Maybe I relate to him more *shrugs*

So I commend you for the ease and ability in which you share these pieces of Vala. Maybe your ability to write her so easily speaks for your character, as the ease at which I write Daniel speaks to mine. Or maybe with practice, I'll someday have the same successes as you

*looks around* Did I really just participate in a character discussion and sound somewhat intelligent? Wow. Take it and run, people. It will likely never happen again

And...I just realized that in my slow posting character discussion has already begun without me...sigh....[/QUOTE]

Fluffy, you did participate in a character discussion. I like the idea of paint but my experience of getting the right shade in a paint shop makes Vala look like a piece of cake to write.

Anyway, did you just call me a fruitcake. I sometimes do feel rather Valaesque on this site. But my real life persona tends to be more Daniel. Female version, of course. But I do have a sense of the ridiculous. I am actually a very responsible person, so I appreciate Vala as light relief. I think you write both well and I'm glad the discussion has taken off.

Thanks for your thoughts. Mag.

Gioia you have created a smiley monster.

Comment

Fluffy, I so liked your banner!!!
                          Awesome!!
                          *g* Thanks, gioia! Methinks your earlier pics were a bit inspirational

And you can't ever go wrong with a bare-chested Daniel in a flag.

Oof! Slips on own puddle of drool...okay...embarrassing!

~My FanFiction~

Comment

Originally posted by fluffypigeon View Post

And you can't ever go wrong with a bare-chested Daniel in a flag.
                            *sighs* *then remembers it's a PG forum*
                            himm, no comment other than God bless America.

And I'm not even american!!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by Stef

Comment

Fluffy, you did participate in a character discussion. I like the idea of paint but my experience of getting the right shade in a paint shop makes Vala look like a piece of cake to write.
                              Oh trust me...i understand. I swear the pallettes these paint manufacturers come up with intend only to bully us into buying them all because we can't decide. And the names...ugh! Where do they come up with those color names?!

Anyway, did you just call me a fruitcake.
                              *smiles* Maybe.

But my real life persona tends to be more Daniel. Female version, of course.
                              Ah...maybe that's why you have such a good grasp on Vala. As Landry has said few know how to deal with her like Dr. Jackson does. That seems to fit pretty well then if you're the 'female version'. So then who am I? *gasp* I can't be Vala, can I? Hmm.... *taps nose thoughtfully* I'll have to think about that one a bit.

Gioia you have created a smiley monster.
                              Smilies are GREAT! Bring on the smilie monster! I ain't afraid of no monster.

*quickly runs away to check under bed and in closet to make sure there are no monsters*

~My FanFiction~

Comment

Spoiler:
                                So in the second movie daniel remembers vala ,but she doesn't right?
                                Spoiler:

KELLER: Another sparring accident?

DEX: Actually, I slipped in the shower.

KELLER: Oh, really?

DEX (smiling): No. Sparring accident.

Comment

Working...
                                X