Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErinB View Post
    Yeah, I have to agree with you, LC. We writers do a really good job imagining the romantic hero in Daniel. I think AV21 might also have made Vala a touch too timid when Daniel had come looking for her, (then again, I probably did too, in my fic )
    ~Erin
    I agree on both you and LC's comments. We do tend to romanticize Daniel at times, mould him to how we want him to act than how he really would. I know I have. (Loved the used of the word roguish, LC. Heh.) And I think sometimes times we do the same with Vala, especially her thought processes imo - I, personally, never feel like I have a perfect grasp on them. We all make her smart and flirty and clever and aware, because she is but I think sometimes fics make her too much so. It's not anything bad per say, we just have a tendency to idealize or idolize our beloved characters.
    banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
      I agree on both you and LC's comments. We do tend to romanticize Daniel at times, mould him to how we want him to act than how he really would. I know I have. (Loved the used of the word roguish, LC. Heh.) And I think sometimes times we do the same with Vala, especially her thought processes imo - I, personally, never feel like I have a perfect grasp on them. We all make her smart and flirty and clever and aware, because she is but I think sometimes fics make her too much so. It's not anything bad per say, we just have a tendency to idealize or idolize our beloved characters.
      Oooh, yes, both of those, idealize and idolize. These are our heroes almost. Maybe we identify, or maybe we wish we could be them. We see the pieces we like and brush off the pieces we don't. For instance, I do not particularly like Daniel's attitude toward Vala in THAT scene in Family Ties. And I don't particularly like Vala's behavior in Morpheus (I don't know, just something about it.) Anyway, what was my point?... Eh, I agree with everything you just said Isa (there that should just about cover it )

~Erin

Comment

*stumbles into thread*
        Actually, I'm just shocked that GW is actually working today *kicks it*

EDIT: Wow, the last post was 4 hours ago?
        Oh wait, nevermind, it's thanksgiving week. *blushes*
        I'm in the US, you'd think I'd be one of the first people to remember that...
        Last edited by Odakota_Rose; 21 November 2007, 11:24 PM.
        Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
        Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I just want to say that this year ammoung the things I am thankful for is all of you Fruitcakes. Hugs all around.(Even to those of you who do not share the American fetish of devoring turkey and pumkin pie today.)
          sigpic
          thanks Stef
          Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Up and atem! Happy turkey day to all in the U.S!!

Soooo......anyone up and about this evening/morning? I'll be around....just working on various vids...one for D/V and one for Cam/Carolyn

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

*grin*
              Happy Thanksgiving everyone

sigpic
              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Hey, Ren!! What are you up to today?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ohh, nothing too big, just hanging out with the family and enjoying having some time free from work. I may head over to my grandma's later on.
                  Then again, considering it's just barely turkey day here ('tis one in the morning to be exact) I might wanna wait a while on that one..

sigpic
                  Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Yeah, would probably be best if you did It's almost 5am here.

So...how is that vid of yours going? Last I heard (and I may ave missed something), you had a few transitions and such you were still tweaking.

-Stef

Damn, this Cam/Carolyn video is going to be harder than I thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                      Up and atem! Happy turkey day to all in the U.S!!

Soooo......anyone up and about this evening/morning? I'll be around....just working on various vids...one for D/V and one for Cam/Carolyn

-Stef
                      D/V vid always gets a YAY!!

Cam/Carolyn totally deserves a w00t!
                      banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by isabelqc View Post
                        D/V vid always gets a YAY!!

Cam/Carolyn totally deserves a w00t!
                        Carolyn/anyone gets a WOOT from me. Really she is a rather ignored character. But I'm sure that is for another thread but I haven't run into it yet.=)
                        sigpic
                        thanks Stef
                        Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Actually, the D/V vid is a joint venture between Milena and I. STOP LAUGHING!! We'll show you...although, anyone who's ever chatted with the two of us might be afraid of what we come up with If it's great, just assume I did it. If it sucks...blame it on Milena See how clever I am? I have a scapegoat. Mwah ha ha ha

As for the C/C....still trying to find good Carolyn clips...which is easier said than done. She was only in 11 episodes, and not exactly a central figure. I will accomplish this vid though...I WILL!!

-Stef

Comment

Actually, the D/V vid is a joint venture between Milena and I. STOP LAUGHING!! We'll show you...although, anyone who's ever chatted with the two of us might be afraid of what we come up with If it's great, just assume I did it. If it sucks...blame it on Milena See how clever I am? I have a scapegoat. Mwah ha ha ha

As for the C/C....still trying to find good Carolyn clips...which is easier said than done. She was only in 11 episodes, and not exactly a central figure. I will accomplish this vid though...I WILL!!

-Stef
                            As a participate in some of your convos I'm am a bit afraid. Also YAY C/C vid. Am still working on my two vis (by working I mean trying to acquire songs) It will be done though.
                            OT but I'm reading Twilight right now and cannot put it down (except to come on GW) Seriously good read I will post a review of it in the OT thread once I'm done. Also READ BLACK JEWELS (Its been a long time between jedi mind tricks so thought I'd slip that in)tricks

Banner by Stef
                            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

-Stef
                              I'm not laughing Stef and Milena, I promis--- *ducks under table and... mauhahaha!!!*

*clears throat and sits back up* I have no doubt this will be good. I really don't. Your two brains, one vid, awesomeness shall ensue. That or crack!awesomeness. Either way, I can't wait.

And let the C/C love just flloooowww. If you build it, it will come. Or something to that effect/
                              banner by Stef

Comment

Isa!!!! Hey gotta love the crack!vids and fics *wink wink*

Banner by Stef
                                Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Working...
                                X